[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saintia Sho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0466.jpg (59KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0466.jpg
59KB, 511x288px
What is the objective of this? Is basically Saint girls lusting over the Gold Saints and being saved by them.

Lacks Ecchi or even Yuri-bait.
>>
>What is the objective of this? Is basically Saint girls lusting over the Gold Saints and being saved by them.
Seriously? It's been fucking years since the last decent girls fightan series, why would you waste an opportunity like this?
>>
It's basically Saint Seiya Otome Self Insert Edition. It's trash.
>>
>Athena's secret bodyguards
>Never prevent Athena to be kidnapped
>The bronze saints always save Athena
The saintias were a mistake
>>
>>157949300
How about just having do the same job the bronze saints do in the original manga? Would that really have been so hard?
>>
>>157949432
But muh gorudo seintos
Girls want to be pretty and be protected by a handsome goold saint, right?

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what the editor said
>>
File: M-E-H.jpg (91KB, 650x758px) Image search: [Google]
M-E-H.jpg
91KB, 650x758px
>>157946554

so when is the anime supposed to air? it was announced last year and we still have not trailer.
>>
>>157949720
According to the mangaka, including Milo was the editor's idea. Nips never speak ill of their boss or their company but I think that's a hint that there was an editorial meddling. Not saying the original vision was great but maybe the saintias had a more active role than being otome self-inserts
>>
>>157949861
It was announced some months ago. Last year Kozo Morishita announced that Toei was planning a new SS anime, along with a live action project and a CG movie but he didn't specify
>>
File: IMG_0467.png (98KB, 441x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0467.png
98KB, 441x334px
>>157946554
Cassiopéia Elda is my waifu
>>
>>157949195
Its the author Chimaki female? It seems all Saint Seiya spin-off manga have been done by women.
>>
>>157950998
>Shounen manga with one of the highest proportions of conventional bishounen has predominantly female mangaka for spin-offs
Doesn't strike me as particularly surprising. Next you'll tell me most PreCure doujin artists are men.
>>
>>157949041
>>157949861

I think the anime has the potential to be better than the manga like original Saint Seiya anime was much better than the Kurumada manga.

I like all the 5 Saintias, if the anime focus on them will be much better than the manga.
>>
>>157951167
Has it been confirmed it's going to deviate from the manga significantly? Sounds like a decent plan, but wouldn't that alienate the established fanbase?
>>
>>157951107
Saint Seiya popularized the term yaoi, it's deeper than that.

>>157950998
Maybe that's why the drunk bastard has gotten soft on his misogyny. He insisted with having a female saint on Omega and he wanted an all-girl team on Saintia Sho. Hell, Athena is a badass on ND. Kurumada likes to brag about manlyness and shit but it's obvius deep down he's an oversensitive nerd.
>>
>>157951273
It doesn't need to deviate just expand the role of the 5 main Saintia in the battles and less lusting over the Gold Saints.
>>
The problem with Santia Sho is that they neglect the girls and focus too much on the Gold Saints.
>>157951273
It would be an excellent idea since the series doesn't use the girls properly at all.
>>
>>157946554
>Lacks Ecchi or even Yuri-bait

Picked up.
>>
>>157951273
What fanbase? Literally no one read Saintia Sho on Japan. I think it's a case of misreading the audience. Saint Seiya has an overwhelming female fanbase on Japan but theyre fujos
>>
>>157951370
>Kurumada likes to brag about manlyness
>Drawing some of the most effeminate men in manga history in beautiful armor
This isn't even Araki levels of ironic, it's just silly.
>>
>>157951485
>What fanbase? Literally no one read Saintia Sho on Japan.
How the hell has it kept afloat for four years then?
>>
>>157951393
>they neglect the girls and focus too much on the Gold Saints
Doesn't that happen in basically every Saint Seiya spinoff? At this point you should be used to it.
>>
>>157951393
>The problem with Santia Sho is that they neglect the girls and focus too much on the Gold Saints.

How the fuck is this a spinoff?

God, I hope there's a liberal adaptation that fucks with the original manga and BE about the girls
>>
Saint Seiya shines the most when it has villains that make an impact mixed in with a healthy dose of impeding despair

That's why it's still the Zodiac Shrine arc that people remember the most

IMO, Omega had 3 failings
1) they tried to do something new with elemental affinities, but they quickly abandoned it

2) they panicked and try to pander to nostalgia too much in the 2nd season. Honestly Mars was a more interesting villain.

3) The tone felt more like Pretty Cure than Saint Seiya at times
>>
>>157951456
(You)
>>
>>157951852
The Gold Saints only took over the plot in the Hades arc.

I liked that Lost Canvas fleshed out all of the Gold Saints. The other series just had them as really strong guys, you never got the backstory of most of them in the original.

Santia Sho was marketed as female saints vs Eris's minions. Instead we got Gold saints hijacking the plot.
>>157951958
Shun should have been a girl and Saori should have gotten a cloth in the original but this was before Kurumada mellowed out regarding females.
>>157951964
Elemental affinities have always been a low key part of SS. Omega tried to make it a big deal out of it and failed.

I found the Pallasites more interesting than Mars but they bought Seiya and company in too early.

I'm not familiar with Pretty Cure, so I don't know about this. I'm watching the current season and find it decent.
>>
>>157951485
>>157951641

I wouldn't be surprised if the manga has being kept afloat to sell more Gold Saint figures/toys, is probably the reason for the coming anime adaptation.
>>
>>157952433
>Shun should have been a girl and Saori should have gotten a cloth in the original but this was before Kurumada mellowed out regarding females.
But that would be Sailor Moon
>>
>>157953130
Saori being a Saint makes sense since Athena was the goddess of war and wisdom.As a Saint she could have at least defended herself better.

I like Shun but his personality was basically a girl in a dude's body.
>>
>>157953291
Shun is sensitive and he's the only one with troubles about killing the opponents but that doesn't make him a girl on a dude's body. You can argue about the cloth with tits and the Libra house but that's it.
>>
>>157951273
There's nothing confirmed but Toei is using the classic character designs so there's some hope the staff throw the manga to the trash where it belongs and do their own thing
>>
>>157954854
Toei thinking on the toy sales.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.