[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: gameratings.png (23KB, 1786x919px) Image search: [Google]
gameratings.png
23KB, 1786x919px
>I don`t watch shit
I keep reading this and I have to wonder if it is just the people who are new to anime, when everything is still fresh.

For people who aren`t complete newfags and who think they only watch good anime:
Have you never watched a show that turned out not so good after a certain point?
Have you ever re-watched something that you thought was great some time ago, but turns out it wasn`t as good as you remembered?
Have you never watched a movie that wasn`t as good as you expected?
>>
>>157907117
>Have you ever re-watched something that you thought was great some time ago, but turns out it wasn`t as good as you remembered?
Kaze no Stigma watched when it was airing went back to it recently and it is absolute garbage in every way.
>>
>>157907117
Maybe you should not use a /v/ image if you want to talk about this, even if it sort of fits.
>>
>>157907117
>Have you ever re-watched something that you thought was great some time ago, but turns out it wasn`t as good as you remembered?
Mirai Nikki
>>
>>157907117
>Have you never watched a show that turned out not so good after a certain point?
Every single one that drags out to 3+ Seasons or is "remade", because it usually means that the show is just being milked.
25 episodes are sufficient to build a world and characters, have a nice story line and a fitting conclusion.
Don't make me watch some 1000+ episode shitshow.

Lucky Star, watched it when it came out, really enjoyed it and then recently revisited it. Can't pinpoint why, but I don't enjoy watching it anymore.

>Have you never watched a movie that wasn`t as good as you expected?
The Evangelion rebuilds, got excited for each one and it just turned into disappointment.
>>
>>157907117
>>Have you never watched a show that turned out not so good after a certain point?
Parasyte and Ghost Hound
Parasyte had a strong start then went to shit when the MC came home from his trip. Devolved into dumb teen melodrama bullshit and wacky dumb school adventures
Ghost Hound just got into some weird fucking scifi alien shit instead of being a cool psychological/drama/sol about the main characters and their weird lucid dream stuff
>>
>>157909083

The enjoyment from that festering pile semen came from watching/discussing it with /a as it came out.

Also delicious yandere.
>>
>>157907117
Initial D. Still is one of my favorites, but after rewatching it a bit I realized its definetly one of my weakest favorites. Genuinely scared to rewatch YuruYuri as Im afraid I wont like it as much as I did when I first saw it.
expectations are kind of on the viewer and not on the movie itself so hard to say. I guess Patema Inverted was overhype for me and I was pretty disappointed. The YowaPed movie too, thought it would be a fun little movie since it was based off cut manga content but it was pretty bland and filler-y
>>
>>157907117
>Have you never watched a show that turned out not so good after a certain point?
All the time. NagiAsu was the most recent.
>that timeskip
What was Okada thinking?
Same with Gurren Lagann. Post timeskip was not so good

I used to think SAO was the bee's knees years ago. I still enjoy it for nostalgic reasons and don't really take it seriously though

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time felt like a really mediocre, predictable version of the Butterfly Effect. No idea why it's so loved.
>>
>>157909282
Terrorist a best though.
>>
>>157907117
What's even the point of this thread
>>
>>157909491
To discuss anime I'm guessing.
>>
>>157907117
What the fuck is GOTY?
>>
>>157907117
>unironically rating things x/10

I don't even feel the need to do such a MAL tier shit.
>>
>>157909530
Game Of The Year. That game even gets a special GOTY edition that'll come with the base game and all DLC or whatever. What's sad is that 9 and 10 ratings get passed out like they're candy these days so anything below a 9 is considered unplayable to people spoiled by high ratings.
>>
>>157910060
>MAL invented rankings
>>
>>157910066
And how is this relevant to /a/? Fuck off.
>>
>>157910118
You're the one who asked what GOTY even meant.
>>
>>157910094
Nice strawman.

Doesn't matter who started it, only MAL and other shitters of their ilk would take ranking chinese cartoons x out of 10 seriously.
>>
>>157910168
For attempting to call out an argumentative mistake your posts say surprisingly little of value.
>>
File: baka.png (679KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
baka.png
679KB, 720x480px
>>157907592
Bullshit.
>>
>>157910118
>filename is gameratings
>expected GOTY was anything related to anime
>>
>>157910489
I rate your post 4/10 too.
>>
>>157910662
but have you seen my 4? i can't seem to find it...
>>
>>157911028
i stole it
>>
There's a difference between watching shit anime and actually liking shit anime. I can rate an anime I'm watching a 1/10 yet still finish it and even enjoy it on some level. Usually I watch bad anime just to see how bad it can be. Most anime don't have particularly good stories either way, so I don't judge them on the same merits as say, novels. It's the visuals and audio which give me more enjoyment, but it certainly needs a story that makes sense and characters that are well defined to be good. My favorite genre is comedy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.