[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fullmetal Alchemist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: fma.png (932KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fma.png
932KB, 1280x720px
Is the 2003 version the only battle shounen that never went full retard?
>>
>>157888982
>Nazi plotline
Sounds full retard to me
>>
>>157888982
No.
>>
>>157888982
>Lol alternative universe magic Nazis
>Didn't go full retard

Nigga, it's one of those that went off the deep fucking end.
>>
>>157888982
>2003
>no shounen energy blasts
>no "ancient evil awakens" that's literally a generic darkness monster with le evil face
>no cliche ending where everyone lives happily ever after

Although Brotherhood still wins because it has Ling and better Envy
>>
>>157889043
>>157889072
Both series had characters literally meeting God and talking to him. Nazis isn't really all that ridiculous compared to a typical god villain pulling down God from the heavens and having energy blast shockwave battles with everyone like it's DBZ
>>
>>157889043
>>157889056
>>157889072
Meh, cliche doesn't equal full retard.
>>
>>157889092
>no "ancient evil awakens" that's literally a generic darkness monster with le evil face
If you mean truth, he wasn't evil or asleep.
>>
>>157889145
>Nazis isn't really all that ridiculous compared to a typical god villain pulling down God from the heavens
You're really doing your best to frame it as such, but literal nazis are far more silly given the context.
>>
>>157889145
You're talking about a series where the titular character was doing "clap your hands and boomshakalaka motherfucking magic happens" and yet you have the audacity to complain about shonen hadokens.

Also 2003 Hohenheim literally weaponized light itself, and if that isn't shonen energy blasts, then I don't know what is.
>>
What exactly is the problem with the alternate world with the nazis? It gets foreshadowed ever since the first episode where the gate was brought up and is reasonably well-integrated into the story.

Is complaining about that a meme or something?
>>
>>157890789
Nothing, it is just a meme and you should not take people who bring up "LOL FMA 03 HAS NAZIS" as criticism seriously.
>>
>>157889056
God, Mecha Frank Archer was fucking stupid, and the only purpose of him being mechanized was just so he could shoot Mustang. They should have just let him die as a decent antagonist in Scar's transmutation, have someone else shoot Mustang, or Pride himself could cut his eye, I don't know.

Anything would be better than that.
>>
>>157890789
Nothing.

FMA is a fantastical world and they can do whatever they want with it. But the topic at hand is whether 2003 was more grounded and "not full retard" than Brotherhood. And even ignoring the Nazis, it's still every bit as silly as the stuff in Brotherhood was.
>>
>>157888982
Movie really went full retard with Gluttony coming out of nowhere. Literally no explanation on how he got there or what he was doing beforehand.
>>
>>157888982
Shit was needlessly edgy
>Our alchemy is fueled by the deceased souls of another universe!
>>
ISEKAI
NAZIS
>>
>>157892169
>>157892172
>Retards.
>>
>>157892292
Adding angst to every single thing doesn't make something good. I mean they couldn't even leave that irrelevant side character from the first episode alone and just had to rape and traumatize her.
>>
>>157892292
Not as retarded as FMA03.
>>
File: FMA03_Hitler.jpg (40KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
FMA03_Hitler.jpg
40KB, 480x472px
>>157889043
>>157892338
OY VEY
>>
Fullmetal Alchemist isn't a battle shounen. The focus is on the plot and characters, not the fights.
>>
>>157889379
That's laser beams.
>>
>>157892375
Could have fooled me with the kung-fu chinks brotherhood shoved in.
>>
What's with all the 2003 wank all the sudden?
>>
>>157892809
Contrarians.
>>
>>157888982
>Homunculus called "Wrath"
>does nothing but cry like a baby and whine for his mommy
>Homunculus called "Sloth"
>gorgeous woman with water based powers that works as a secretary
>"Lust" recites an emo deviantart teir poem after skewering a guy who was "in love" with her. whole episode has no bearing on the rest of the plot whatsoever

>Homunculi are all born from dead people, ultimately going against the whole "all ism one and one is all" the dead can't come back lesson that FMA is built around

>Rose gets raped because rape makes you DEEP i guess
>after said rape she is made into a figurehead for a Lior resistance lead by scar because..RAPE
>>
>>157892809
Contrarians that can't handle Ling's sexiness and hide in closet-homo-shame.
>>
>>157893488
>"Dante's" whole deal is "muh eternal youth, basically a Disney villain but without the charisma
>"Wrath keeps his one weakness in an easily accessible place so that his son can find it and conveniently bring it into the room where he and Mustang are having their final showdown!

>"Envy" is Ed and Al's long lost big brother!
>Ed ends up in pre WWII Germany with Proto NAzis because the Amestris military and the Ishvalan genocide wasn't on the nose enough
>King Bradley is now Friz lang and Rose is a Gipsy. MEas Hues sits in a German Pub bitching abouy the Jews while being a prick to Gracia

>"Envy" becomes a dragon because reasons and Hoenheim shows up long enough to be useless and get eaten

>Ed and Al decide to stay in Germany and close the gate from that side

>not full retard
>>
>>157889379
if you can't see why that was stupid and went against everything that FMA was i don't know what to tell you. 2003 was a shitty fanfic that they animated.
>>
>>157888982
Went full retard since they added the Rose rape story, only became worse when they ran out of manga material

Brotherhood >>>>>>>>>>>>> 2003
>>
FMA 2003 and the shitty "courage punch" ending of Soul Eater convinced me that Bones should always just break their adaptions into multiple seasons and let the manga catch up. This way we avoid them writing their own ending because after Greed's death in the 2003 version it got all sorts of retarded.
>>
>>157889092
>Brotherhood
>better Envy
No. Just... no.
>>
>>157894079
Yes just yes.
>>
>>157892427
>shot for shot adaptation of the manga
>shoved in
anon...
>>
>>157889043
The only thing wrong with this is the rudimentary world building of the Wiemar Republic.
>>
Finished 03 round a week ago.

I can't believe people say Dante was a better villain than Homonculus.
>>
2003 FMA and eureka seven AO cemented my hatred for shou aikawa
>>
File: Dr. Marcoh, I'm Central Command.jpg (119KB, 690x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Marcoh, I'm Central Command.jpg
119KB, 690x1158px
>>157888982
It's probably the MOST retarded
>>
>didn't went full retard

Two words: Rape baby
>>
>>157896427
Shit how did i forget about that? What in the flying fuck, Bones!

>>157894820

>Her whole end game is she wants to stay young
>gets killed by Gluttony

Well to be fair the people who think Dante was a good villain think that Wrath being a whiny little baby and Nazi Germany were "good" ideas.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.