[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Japan so good at creating female leads that don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Why is Japan so good at creating female leads that don't feel forced?
>>
Define to me "forced female lead" without sounding like a bitter /r9k/pol/fag
>>
>>157840640
You sound like a proper faggot desu
>>
>>157840640
When you have a female lead for the purpose of seeming progressive
>>
>>157840640
One of those REALLY strong protagonists that seem to have no major issues, highly skilled or a natural at something, generally seen as right all the time, everything's focused on her and how she's a woman beating these men.
>>
>>157840566
Because they use female leads that are still able to be idealised by males so that nerds can find them attractive and buy more merchandise rather than using them to show how strong and independent women are they are just using them for commercial exploitation of your penis.
>>
>>157841129
You don't like Kenka Banchou Otome?
>>
>>157841129
be simple, a Mary Sue
>>
File: sharkteeth1.jpg (39KB, 956x535px) Image search: [Google]
sharkteeth1.jpg
39KB, 956x535px
They don't stop and ask the question,
>Why are all the heroes just Japanese men with brown hair?
>>
>>157840640
You left out /v/ too
>>
>>157840566
Watch pre-2000 anime shows and say that again

Japan literally only started to put females into a main cast as soon as they figured out that they got more viewers on TV whenever a female was involved.

Then came the femme fatale characters, where back in the day sexuality was still considered a sort of a taboo characteristic for characters to have on television. So to circumvent this issue, they just gave all that sexuality to female villains, because if sexuality in TV is evil then it's only fitting for female villains to have those qualities.

Fanservice was very prominent pre 2000s because it got them views, but then to avoid the backlash of over-sexualizing women they always made the male characters who had the pleasure of seeing a woman's panties get royally beat up into high heaven. They wanted to show the woman body for fanservice and lampshade it with "oh it was all purely by accident and don't worry it's okay cause the guy got beat the fuck up afterwards"

Female leads in anime don't feel forced because Japan isn't fucking forcing anything. They're very blunt on the characters they use to the point where it used to be common practice to name characters based off their most prominent characteristic. If the story calls for a female for any reason they'll use it, even if that reason is, "we just want a sexy babe be the main character fuck yea"

They aren't pushing for an agenda, they're just doing whatever the fuck they want to push their own narratives and drive forward an ever changing market of wacky zany adventures and stories.

The west on the other hand is plagued by a fucking soccer-mom brigade and Progressives that cries whenever they see a female because they constantly delude themselves into thinking those females aren't an accurate representation or is too sexualized or some shit. It's OP's fault for thinking the west is forcing a female lead because he can't help it when everyone else is complaining.

1/2
>>
>>157840640
Rey.
>>
>>157841363
2/2

so personally, it's not that Japan is "good at creating female leads that don't feel forced", it's the fact that there isn't a fucking brigade of women constantly crying for the perfect female over there. They aren't doing anything "good" it's the fact that the west is so fucked by their politics and how the media is doing shit that other countries just seem to be doing better by comparison.

There's such a demand for the "perfect female" in the west that whenever a female lead pops up the first thought that comes to mind is "they're just pushing for that agenda wew"
>>
>>157841363
>Watch pre-2000 anime shows and say that again

But pre-2000 (mid-90s more specifically) there were like 10 TV anime a season if that and they were mostly been actually targeted at actual children and teens rather than otaku. That would be why everything was so different then.
>>
>>157840566
Because they literally suck at everything else.
>>
>>157841522
?
>>
>>157841495
>targeted at actual children and teens rather than otaku
>only otaku are adults

Also you must be talking from your ass if you're saying that the anime they produced pre-2000s were targeted towards younger demographics.
>>
>>157841363
>pre-2000s
female leads in the early 00s were exceptionally worse on average, stuff like Lain or Kino were huge exceptions

Most generic harem/service anime started popping up in surplus after Love Hina, which was animated in 2000

Fuck, even Lina Inverse serves a better example as a strong female lead than 90% of modern anime and she's from '95
>>
File: 1990ph.jpg (218KB, 566x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1990ph.jpg
218KB, 566x1094px
>>157841604
You aren't very good at reading. I am talking about TV anime. The kind of anime everyone on /a/ watched today, weekly TV anime aimed at otaku didn't exist really at all.

The otaku demographic was catered too through OVAs mostly.
>>
>>157841750
I didn't intend to imply that strong female leads never existed pre-2000, in fact there are many many exceptions with a wide variety of characters that counters that argument. I only intended to outline the history in which female leads came around in Japan.

I did forget to mention that the 80s and 90s was a kind of creative period where many artists did what they could with their characters to make creative stories.

Nowadays the creative market has kind of dried out what with the isekai template and battle shounen templates. Not saying that a story template didn't exist pre-2000s either, but it just feels worse here in the current year.
>>
>>157840566
And giving them away to fat fucks?
>>
>>157841954
>the creative market has dried out because of two kinds of series that make up less than 10% of anime made every year
Just stop posting already you double spacing mongoloid
>>
>>157841954
Female leads came about because the shows are targeted at horny nerds and cute/hot females sell more.
>>
>>157842170
>10%
>>
>>157841215
Because it's easy to self-insert
>>
>>157840566
Because in a medium where half the appeal is sexy girls there is no room for SJW directors.
>>
>>157842415
Wouldn't be at all surprised if that's accurate there are what 30-50 anime in a given season. I don't think you could find a significantly higher proportion of shows that fall into those categories.
>>
>>157841363
>pre 2000s
I bet you call yourselves one of those 90s kids
sure a bunch of anime from the later half of the 90s had a lot of male leads but you can't ignore anime's history just based off of your experiences
>>
>>157842545
I assume it's somewhere around 15% actually, when you take into account the longrunning daytime shows.
>>
>>157842547
>sure a bunch of anime from the later half of the 90s had a lot of male leads but you can't ignore anime's history just based off of your experiences

What are you even trying to say? None of that had anything to do with what was said, I'm not sure you and I are on the same page.
>>
Why does it feel like male main characters only exist for otaku to self-insert as, fujoshi bait or serving as a power fantasy in most cases?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.