[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Kekkai-Sensen-anime-1000x600.png (675KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kekkai-Sensen-anime-1000x600.png
675KB, 1000x600px
What does /a/ think of Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront? I fucking loved it when I watched it both times and there's nothing that'll change my mind. But I haven't seen it get much love online at all. I've seen it get some hate, actually, and I can't understand why. For those of you who watched it until the end, what are your overall feelings about the anime?

Also, has a second season been announced yet?
>>
>>157758883
>I haven't seen it get much love online at all
>Also, has a second season been announced yet?
Lurk more, newfag.
>>
I liked it a lot,could be one of my 10-20 favorites. But the plot was pointlessly difficult to follow due to the vague way they always spoke. Perhaps it was a translation thing. I mean is not that i didnt understand what was going on, its more that i could never be certain of understanding everything, kinda like reading a Murakami book.

It was still great and Chain a best though.
>>
>>157758883
>Also, has a second season been announced yet?
Yes
>>
I miss white. Great ost, great animation
>>
>>157758883
Unpopular opinion: the original bits were 1000% better than the manga.
>>
>>157759378
Weren't the original bits just a copy of the manga though? I remember a parallel between White/Black's backstory and something else.
>>
>>157758883
I have no idea what the fuck happened in the end and what was the whole plot about.
>>
>>157758883
Was more interested in the plot they ditched in the first couple episodes than the individual episode plots, and the overarching plot they added in.
I was kinda hoping to see the MC trying to cure his sister and finding out how he got his powers rather than the mushroom or extreme chess desu
>>
>>157759496
I don't know, haven't read the manga.
>>
I had no idea what was happening in the ending. I still don't.
>>
>>157759547
I almost cried at the mushroom episode, don't judge me. The chess was redundant.
>>
File: 1.png (60KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
60KB, 300x500px
Love the series.

Klause was hot
>>
>>157759874
The vampire got kind of sealed for the time being, the girl was the barrier or something or other.
>>
>>157759023
Oldfag-ish, actually. I just don't browse as often nowadays, I've come back to it these past months though. I watched this anime with /a/ back when it aired, and suffered through the painful wait until the extra-long finale actually aired.
>>
Honestly, I enjoyed it, but I was way too stupid to actually figure out what the fuck was happening. At first, I thought it was about the kid's eye and his sister, but then it went vampires are taking over NYC, then a 2 month wait for the last episode. I really am bad at figuring things out.
>>
>>157759496
The manga is basically a slice of life story with no plot not counting volumes 1 and 10. It has nothing like Black and White's story in it.

What it is a parallel of probably the only plot in the whole manga and by that I mean the eye thing with Leo and his sister. I'm pretty sure Black has the same lines as Leo's sister in some scenes.
Episode 12 borrows a shit ton from volume 10 too apart from that end of the world/instrumentality shit.
>>
>>157759984
What was his plan? Why was any of it happening? What was happening?
>>
>>157760832
He was an immortal edgelord who wanted to accelerate the end of the world or something because MUH SUFFERING. What was happening is that the barrier between the two world was on the brink of breaking, which would cause the Apocalypse? I'm not certain.
>>
The ending was not worth the wait.
>>
>>157761467
Good thing I watched it all long after it aired.
>>
>>157761467
yea it's somewhat unrewarding, given the time we had to wait for that.
>>
burgers best episode
>>
File: 1429998532831.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429998532831.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>157758883
The final boss was lame in the last two episodes but the rest was fun.
>>
File: big.png (63KB, 170x517px) Image search: [Google]
big.png
63KB, 170x517px
>>157758883
>What does /a/ think of Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront?
Shitposting aside, the hype died so it became irrelevant by the time the last episode aired. Other than that, there were comfy threads.

>For those of you who watched it until the end, what are your overall feelings about the anime?
Overall it leaves a good impression of what a modern anime should be with the way they handled budget to make room for synced pacing, OST and animation. It's episodic so each episode were fun and got straight into business with what it was meant to be. The rest was covered by a anime original plot and even then it wasn't all that bad. I thought the whole plot with White+Black was boring as fuck since it was predictable but White as a character had a good chemistry with Leon, Black was just a male version of her with less screen time.
>>
File: mario comfy.png (34KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
mario comfy.png
34KB, 196x197px
>>157758883
Fun to watch, but really forgettable.

I liked the OVA way better than the main series.
>>
One of these strange cases where a show is beloved and praised while airing but becomes hated and dispised after that.
>>
>>157759196
This.

It had an amazing OST, great humor and interesting likable characters, and fun animation style. Sure the way they told the story might not have worked for everyone, and I agree that it was at times a bit confusing, but it was still such an amazing ride. I cried during Black and White's backstory. I cried at the finale. But between all the emotions there was humor and a deep connection between the characters. Its one of my favorite animes from the past 5 , right up there with Garo.

And Chain a best
>>
>>157758883
/a/ hates popular things, and it attracted a cancerous fanbase, compunding the backlash.
like >>157764108 said, its fun but forgettable.
bungou stray dogs reminds me a lot and is better
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.