[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /a/ read her manga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: aura hd mi max.jpg (353KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aura hd mi max.jpg
353KB, 1440x1080px
How does /a/ read her manga?
>>
On my computer. Fuck off phoneposters.
>>
>>157733928
Manga Fox on iPhone
>>
>>157733928
With my eyes.
>>
>>157733928
I like e-readers like the newer kobos since they have nice resolution and fairly decent size. I hardly ever read on a phone or anything because I've got floaters in my eyes and it's hard to read shit on brightly backlit devices.
>>
I dont, manga is for fags.
>>
In Japanese
>>
File: 1436266245968.png (51KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
1436266245968.png
51KB, 339x298px
>>157734033
>>
With high quality scans I read them always on my desktop.
>>
>>157733928
In sitting position.
>>
>>157734167
>Not while standing up to achieve maximum brain function
Fucking crossboarders
>>
A tablet.
At first I was struggling with 4:3 Apple shit inappropriate for the modern media such as HD videos and manga. Was forced to watch my anime with black bars and scroll each manga page.
Ditched that shit for a glorious 16:10 1600x2560 10.1" tablet. Nothing beats lying on the couch with a beautiful hi-res IPS screen and reading/watching/browsing your favorite content.
>>
File: 2.jpg (523KB, 1280x1878px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
523KB, 1280x1878px
>>157733928
On a tablet.
>>
>>157734076
No, manga is for plebs that cant into books.
>>
>>157734490
That's LNs or VNs. Manga can't even be compared to books. It's like comparing movies or anime to books.
>>
>>157734195
>standing
>Maximum brainfunction
But that's wrong you retard. Standing actually decreases how well you can concentrate on something because you are using some of your brain's finite resources on background processes like keeping all the muscles engaged to properly maintain balance and managing control loops. Sitting down is like closing background programs and freeing up your brains CPU and ram.
>>
>>157734490
And anime is for plebs who can't into manga.

You fucking faggot.
>>
>>157734562
That's not how brains work, that would make sense. Balance is controlled by the cerebellum which is seperate from whatever part you might use for what you're concentrating on.
>>
File: barks_wdcs68.jpg (63KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
barks_wdcs68.jpg
63KB, 800x590px
>>157734490
>>
>>157733928
Is that some fucking Monster?
>>
>>157734562
Not him but you're absolutely retarded for comparing the human brain to a computer. There is no such things as closing programs to free up ram. It's only about maintaining high concentration. If you're a fatass who gets uncomfortable standing for a few minutes then of course this won't be the ideal position to build concentration.

As long as you can blend things out trough concentration you can be in any kind of position. Being slightly uncomfortable but focusing so much that you can blend the pain out may even get you to a higher kind of concentration similar to what meditation does.
>>
>>157733928
On a Shield Tablet (8.0 inches)
>>
iPad Pro is the only way.
>>
>>157734539
Its easy to compare to books, VNs at least have sound.
>>
>>157734787
Try threading a needle standing up and then try again sitting down. It doesn't have to be threading a needle even, just try anything that requires fine motor control. It is absolutely harder to do many things while your brain is having to do something else. Multitasking is multitasking and it always impedes performance.
>>
>>157734195
>>157734562
>>157734787
Why do you feel the need to maximize your concentration when doing something that's supposed to be for your enjoyment? I'd do something like that for TLing manga, not actually consuming it as entertainment.
>>
>>157734826
VNs offer like 1% of the visual stimulus of what a manga will offer. The audio visual aspect is completely non existent since sound effects don't align to visual input. VNs are just trashy audio books.
>>
File: 1495236038521.png (87KB, 361x334px) Image search: [Google]
1495236038521.png
87KB, 361x334px
>>157734826
>>
>>157734946
Sure but at least they offer something books cant.
Manga you are just swapping words for visuals
And words are always better than visuals to convey a story as they are more accurate while images are processed way faster by the brain so plebs enjoy them more.
>>
>>157734826
Manga, comics, novels, guides, photo and/or picture compilations count as books you know.
Even webtoons, webcomics and webnovels are sometimes compiled into books.
>>
>>157734920
Now you are moving goalposts so fucking hard. Some motor skills are more precise while standing, just give up on this argument.
>>
>>157734946
Nah VNs are superior to everything else, best immersion, best of both worlds visual and text and choices.
I wish all manga were VNs instead.
>>
>>157735033
>Prove standing up reduces performance like I claimed
>Wahh stop moving the goalpost
That's not moving the goalpost you dumb cunt.

>Some motor skills are more precise while standing
Name some then, and they better not be the motor skills involved in standing itself.
>>
>>157734033
Anyone who unironically thinks this should direct themselves to reddit
>>
>>157733928
On my remember to report off-topic threads
>>
>>157735039
VNs are fucking garbage, they are the worst of all worlds. Shit art and generic backgrounds, shit sound design, shit stories, mostly just talking character cutouts spouting exposition and stupid otaku pandering romances that play like a choose your own adventure book.

Real literature>Manga>>Anime>>>shit>VN>LN
>>
>>157734998
First of all visual novels are the plebest of formats since in 99% of cases you have the worst possible narrator to the story, the faggot protagonist. By itself the concept of a narrating protagonist is not too bad, at least when a proper author uses that concept with well written characters.

But with VN faggot self insert protagonists? Just give up, this automatically makes this entire format worthless. Also you speak of potential use and not reality. That's what I hate about VN cancer, they always speak about how potentially a VN could be great, but that's not how it is in reality.

The format that is VN is known for the worst pacing in the entire entertainment industry. The soundtracks for those games are also pretty much at the bottom of any audio visual medium. Also your visual aspect is non existent, it's just stiff portraits moving around at best.
>>
>people not understanding the appeal of a VN is a choose your own adventure story

VN like umineko are shit.
>>
>>157735196
>>157735190
You just dont like them, because of dumb prejudices, thats ok I guess.
I value immersion and choice way more than you guys I despise when 99% of manga ends up horribly and best girl always loses.
Who cares if teh narrator is in first person how is that a negative? Thats nothing but a good thing.
There are VNs with amazing OSTs as well
So yeah, uninformed plebs.
>>
>>157734998
>Just swapping words for visuals
You are so fucking retarded it hurts. Why don't you go and properly describe a single page of manga in words so that you properly capture every aspect of the scene as well as the aesthetic of it and the style it is rendered in.

Protip: you fucking can't.
>>
>>157735107
This is entirely about balance too. Standing is not multitasking you pathetic faggot. Read on how the brain actually works and how skills are build. Standing is autonomous just like your breathing. You are so fucking dumb it's unbelievable.
>>157735107
>and they better not be the motor skills involved in standing itself
Name some that are exclusive to sitting first you idiot. You said something about threading a needle. This is not harder at all to do while standing with the same arm position. If you lean on something and can put your arms to rest you have the same precision likewise, it has nothing to do with standing.
>>
>>157734383
I know thi sis noise, but which doujin specifically?
>>
>>157735190
>Shit art and generic backgrounds
There are good ones and bad ones like with everything else
>shit sound design,
>shit stories,
>mostly just talking character cutouts spouting exposition and stupid otaku pandering romances that play like a choose your own adventure book.
So exactly like almost all manga but without the freedom of choice, nice.
>>
>>157735270
Literally no arguments and immersion is just another word for high focus/concentration, you can only blame yourself for being unable to concentrate without faggot music playing in the background and a third rate screenplay happening. Though I see you are just in for the trashy romance stories. Since you have shit taste anyway I get why you like VNs.
>>
>>157735290
Of course I cant because I cant write, but its obviously possible, you have to be precise and not vague though so its harder, but also more compelling.
>>
>>157735364
You posted no argument either other than "I dont like it" but thats fine Im just having a friendly discussion, dont take it too seriously.
>>
This thread reminds me of that guy that prints the manga he reads and put them together on a binder.
>>
>>157735421
Fuck outta here with your trashy reading comprehension.
>>
>>157735270
>I value "immersion"
>Muh choice
>Best girl
>Fist person is good
SO basically the only thing you want is some escapist weeaboo video game with anime girls you can self insert into? Yeah OK... You have taste so shit you could be used as perfect calibration for a shit-taste-ometer. Please never post here again.
>>
>>157735463
Seems you got mad, my apologies.

>>157735466
Yeah fiction is best when its escapism factor is at maximum, otherwise just get into philosophy.
>>
2nd hand raws due to how cheap they are
>>
>>157735378
>You can express any truth with the correct arrangement of words
Russell pls go.
>>
>>157735502
You don't determine the cut off for entertainment and philosophy. The cut off is not where you stop. You are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to entertainment, there are higher levels of entertainment, higher levels of storytelling and eventually there is philosophy. You are the basic dimwit who uses extremes to suit his argument.

Saying that the degeneracy that you embrace is the escapism you desire and anything else is worthless is like giving up on making anyone understand your point since the threshold is different for everyone.
>>
>>157735643
Who or what determines these levels?
And why is what I enjoy degenerate?
>>
tachiyomi on android, idort master race
>>
>>157733928
I always use Honeyview on my PC or my Win10 tablet (Hibook Pro, which has shitty specs but the best chink tablet screen you'll ever find)

Also tried to read them on Kindle but the screen is too small for me to enjoy manga.
>>
>>157735716
You said it yourself. For you the best entertainment is supposed to be maximum escapism. Escapism is degenerating since you can't stand still, time moves forward so you are left behind. You move backwards because you are afraid of what is in front of you.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (55KB, 374x363px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
55KB, 374x363px
>>157735823
>>
>>157735823
Uh huh.
>>
I read on my PC. I have a Kindle and once tried using it to read manga, but the screen is too small.
How do you like the Kobo to read manga?
>>
>>157737152
still kinda small at 6.8", it's better for scans that are 4"3 instead of 16:10
the 7.8" might be good but it's really expensive if you're just getting it for manga
>>
I use comicglass on my phone and honeyview on pc/tablet.

The tablet I have is perfect size for reading but it makes my eyes twitch if I use it too much, and it also fried two of my micro sd cards recently.
>>
I only ever read manga right before going to bed, so my phone is convenient for that.
>>
Fsviewer best fucking thing ever.
>>
>>157733928
Kobo Glo ereader. Works surprisingly well, though sometimes it's a pain to actually get it onto the ereader properly (especially if releases are in many rars with seperate chapters)
>>
I just want an e-ink reader with a display big enough for manga pages.

Looks shit when resized.
>>
Is honeyview botnet?
>>
Mostly this old Yoga laptop/tablet thing my mom passed to me. It's shit for everything else but I like to put it into tablet portrait mode for manga. You can swipe the pages in the Windows photo viewer.
Also my phone on the go, only streaming on that though.
>>
File: logo_manga_rock[1].png (6KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
logo_manga_rock[1].png
6KB, 185x185px
MangaRock on my tablet and/or phone. Tablet at home, phone when I'm out.
It syncs between devices, it's pretty cool.

Used to read on my laptop but it fucked my posture.
>>
>>157737899
combine them in comicrack then use kindle comic converter to make them higher quality
>>
>>157737959
Yes, shit interface too, just use jpegview, be warned though, it's literally the mpv/arch linux of image viewers, you need keybinds, configs, registry editing and all that.
>>
I just use CdisplayEx works OK for me and has all the features I want with almost no bloat.
>>
>>157733928
Does anyone have the images of that one anon printing mangafox pages of Takagi-san and putting them all together in a binder?
>>
>>157734998
>words are always better than visuals to convey a story as they are more accurate
Manga have words you know?
>>
>>157735643
>since the threshold is different for everyone
>but I decide what the objective scale is, and you're a degenerate for not liking things I arbitrarily decided are "higher"
You're not helping your case.
>>
Would a 6" phone still be too small for reading mango comfortably?
>>
File: press_009_large.jpg (32KB, 491x600px) Image search: [Google]
press_009_large.jpg
32KB, 491x600px
On PSP 3000 with CFW 6.61
Is Nexus 7 still relevant as a tablet?
Or are there better options?
>>
>>157741000
I didn't decide. He decided that he prefers pure escapism.
>>
>>157741141
I'd say so, yeah.
>>
>>157740306
Maybe, what paper do you use?
A5 or B5?
>>
>>157741191
That's dedication.
>>
>>157741191
Reminds me of the times when I read manga and VNs on DS.
>>
File: jibanyan.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
jibanyan.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>157735442
Me too

Nice guy
>>
>>157734490
Anime is for plebs who can't into American Cartoons
>>
An old iPad 1 with Comics Storm. It's kind of annoying that it has no universal manga mode setting, it's a setting for each file, but there aren't a ton of options for old iOS and Comics Storm allows me to copy files from my computer over wifi, and that's more important
>>
>>157742597
American cartoons are for plebs who can't into Ruskie Animation.
>>
Online most of the time. just started buying physical like 3 months ago and it's glorious, my only problem is that the pages of regular tankobons are a little bit yellow but that's just because im used to the cleaning of scanlators. Reading a Kanzenban with 100% white pages and color pages is the best feel ever.
>>
MS Pro 3 or my desktop if a new chapter of something was released while using it. I also have a modest selection of hard copy manga.
>>
>>157733928
Fuck off already.
>>
>>157741443
Not really, there's homebrew that allows you to read CBZ/CBR files.
The issue is taking it out in public, everyone start to give me weird looks.
>>157741920
>DS
DS is good for a few titles, but the homebrew wasn't that good for it.
PSP had better library, better community and better design.
>>
Manga Rock on iPad 2. I use filza for raw, and torrented manga, but is there any way to import them in Manga Rock?
>>
>>157734316
>scroll each manga page.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>157733928
>her
bitch did you just assume my gender?
>>
>>157744713
>is there any way to import them in Manga Rock?

I think only Tachiyomi has that option.
>>
>>157733928
I use a tablet.

I'd love to get an ereader for manga but they have weak gpu's so it can't render it quickly
>>
>>157733983
unironically this. i actually used to do this. now i read them online on laptop.
>>
Mangarock on tablet sometimes, but mostly on PC.
>>
>>157734759
No shit.
>>
Tachiyomi.

Auto update + download new chapters as soon as they come out, compatible with a bunch of anime/manga sites that track your backlog, and western comic sources (that I never use, but it's there).
The less work, the better.
>>
Tab S 8.4, the 2k AMOLED screen is really comfy for reading manga and watching anime
>>
File: 1443620252430.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1443620252430.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
What's an ereader that doesn't suck balls?
>>
>>157747932
Kobo aura one is probably one of the most decent low-mid priced ones out right now. Haven't tried it myself admittedly but the specs look good and In videos it seems to work decently.

Personally though I'm still waiting for the next gen of processors and screens to come out before I spend my poorfagbux on one.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.