[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

>what ho, isekai MC, might you cast us a spell? >ho ho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 47

>what ho, isekai MC, might you cast us a spell?
>ho ho ho ho, of course dungeon boss!
>I CAST RAILGUN
Why don't more isekai MC create good old fashioned modern artillery to fight with instead of relying on stupidly overpowered cheat skills?
>>
File: IMG_0239.jpg (94KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0239.jpg
94KB, 640x360px
>>157724004
>creates weapon to fight dungeon monsters
>labels it an anti-material rifle
Fucking nip military otaku don't even know what these labels stand for.
>>
>>157724004
But Arifureta MC has cheat skills up the ass.
If he didn't he wouldn't be able to make a goddamn rail gun in a cave, with a box of scraps.
>>
>>157724244
>But Arifureta MC has cheat skills up the ass
Like what?
All the skills he got can be obtained by anyone, they're not special snowflake cheat skills.
>>
>>157724004
Because without all the overpowered shit people would just read noraml shonen manga
>>
>>157724484
>shonen manga
>not the worst offender when it comes to overpowered shit
>>
Because real railguns are fucking terrible.
>>
>>157724004
Because something something gunpowder something something blast furnaces something something matchlock rifle something are hard to make.
>>
>>157724672
Good thing there's magic to conveniently solve all the engineering flaws of current rail guns then eh?
>>
>>157724820
>wants good old fashioned modern artillery
>wait but that's actually shit
>add in magic
????
>>
>>157724004
Because pandering to burgers are retarded since they steal everything and when you aren't a burger.
>>
File: 509.jpg (45KB, 509x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
509.jpg
45KB, 509x359px
This is your isekai mc you're supposed to self-insert to/root for
>>
>>157724962
>pandering to burgers
>implying Japan isn't even more obsessed with military hardware than America
Have you seen how many fucking air soft stores there are in Akihabara?
>>
>>157725001
God, the manga art is so much better than the LN it's not even funny.

I mean, it's still cringey wish fulfillment bullshit, but at least the MC looks properly edgy instead of looking like some failed cosplay.
>>
>>157724004
>>
File: IMG_2043.jpg (69KB, 662x348px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2043.jpg
69KB, 662x348px
>>157725001
>swag is for boys
>class is for men
He even wears a fucking cravat, Jesus.
>>
>>157725052
>wish fulfillment bullshit

MC literally went on a 8 dungeon quest because he wanted to know more. That is not wish fulfilled, that is working to the goal.
>>
>>157725191
The rabbitmen getting turned into a tribe of chuu2 Vietcong was one of the better running jokes of the series DESU.
>>
>>157724585
>Implying it is any close to what you see in you average LN during first arc
>>
>>157725001
Anyone have the edit of this image with the fedora and bloody samurai sword and the eyepatch on fire?
>>
>>157725287
While gathering an absurdly large harem of dumb fantasy archetypes and becoming absurdly overpowered to the point where he's casually calling down orbital laser cannons on peoples' heads later on while classmate that ever crossed him ends up getting killed or humiliated.
It's wish fulfillment.
>>
>>157724316
Except the monster skills, you need to eat monster and survive.
>>
>>157725002
Anon, there fewer than a dozen in Tokyo.
In Texas alone, there's hundreds of actual gun stores.
>>
>>157725287
Every dungeon past the second one was completely trivial and the only reason he struggled with the later ones at all was because he was babysitting a bunch of scrubs and trying to powerlevel them.
>>
>>157725293
>they find more rabbit tribemen
>they get turned into chuuni soldiers too
>>
>>157724004
Man I thought Ragna was gonna chill after dissaspearing from existence.
>>
File: All Smiles.jpg (230KB, 1132x658px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
All Smiles.jpg
230KB, 1132x658px
>>157725402
Only a newfag would think getting a harem is wish fulfillment. There is not even a triangle at this point.
>>
>>157725465
Which is something anyone can do? They just need strong enough regeneration to not die in the process and stupidly powerful healing magic/items were being handed out like candy later on in the story.
>>
>>157725534
Yeah i guess, not thay everyone had acess to those regeneration shits at the start of the novel. And it's not like they knew eating monster and surviving gave you their skills.
>>
>>157725524
Just from the writing alone anyone can tell it's wish fulfillment.
Its as wish fulfillment as it can be
>>
>>157725524
>A bunch of otherworld girls and a bunch of classmates all wanting his dick
>including his teacher
>i-it's not a harem!

Who are you even fooling? Some people in these threads actually hate themselves enough to read far enough into the story to realize you're full of shit.
>>
>>157725001
How can I insert as this faggot when every other action he takes is SHRUG HIS FUCKING SHOULDERS!
>>
>>157725534
>>157725465
Gaining monster skills was pointless after the initial arc because Age of Gods magic was so fucking OP obtaining a single one automatically launched you past arc 1 Hajime in terms of powerlevel.

Hence why no one else bothered with it and just challenged the dungeons later on.

Hell Yue eventually figured out how to turn people into apostles and they have way, way better base stats than monsters.
>>
>>157725759
He really doesn't give a shit.
>>
OP please tell me right this instant how to create a fully functional artillery piece using the technology of the dark ages.
No google allowed.
>>
>>157725759
>shrug shoulders
>wry/bitter smile
>"Haa?"
>activate killing intent
Does he know how to emote in any other way?
>>
>>157725779
At the end of it all.

He can make immortal bodies
Travel Through Dimensions from the Isekai world and Earth.

brainwash all goverment leaders and hack the internet.

and is basically a fucking god walking with his Harem of Gods.
>>
>>157725857
SELF-DEPRECIATING SMILE
>>
>>157725832
I activate [Transmutation] and create a weapon that functions off bullshitium and plot convenience.
>>
>>157725779
>apostoles
You mean like those dead apostoles from the nasuverse?
>>
>>157725914
That's a cheat skill, though.
>>
>>157725914
Must be nice to be able to transmute stuff when you have no idea how they work, what parts they're made up of, and where those parts go. MCs sure have it good.
>>
>>157725978
Pretty sure magic to identify minerals and shit is included in the package.
>>
>>157725832
Take a plank.
Place it on a fulcrum.
Place a rock on one end.
Jump on the other.
Congratulations, you now have a ghetto trebuchet.
>>
>>157725978
He made a fucking motorcycle, a Humvee, a Submarine and a Fucking Airship, all powered by his Bulsshit.

And I dont even want to talk about the stupid Missle Launcher and the Satellite particle cannon
>>
>>157726009
Still doesn't tell you how the parts in a modern gun work, let alone their exact specifications.
>>
>>157725950
Not it everyone else in the setting can do it too.

Often it's a combination of modern knowledge cheat and convenient magic (but not so convenient as to let other people do what the MC does) that lets an isekai MC create modern commodities.
>>
>>157726047
The satellite particle cannon is actually the least bullshit weapon he made since it's literally just a giant lense floating in space.
>>
>>157726120
Their modern knowledge is worthless and bullshit. They don't know anything about what they're doing or making, the author just handwaves it every time and goes, "yeah faggot-kun knows about this so he went to the local [smart/crafty] person and told him what he wanted. [smart/crafty] person then backflipped 3 times, engaged in autofellatio, and rimmed faggot-kun all while saying what a genius he was and thank you so much for these ideas I will be your personal craft slave forever" And so on and so forth for everything, including farming.
>>
>>157724004
>old fashioned
>modern
>railgun

A personnel sized railgun that thanks to ficition undoubtedly boasts firepower far beyond conventional weaponry is somehow not overpowered cheat skills?

Him having the ability to craft such a thing isn't an OP cheat skill either?

You're a fucking retard OP.
>>
>>157726158
Slime tensei MC concentrated the refracted light that passes through millions of water droplets for the same effect.
>>
>>157725941
No, god's apostles. Like stereotypical angels. Except they dual wield giant swords and can disintegrate things.

She can also turn people into typical vampires but that comes up a grand total of once in the story.
>>
File: 1482595644125.png (44KB, 254x252px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482595644125.png
44KB, 254x252px
>>157724004
>anti material

for what purpose?
>>
>>157726396
He's fighting a hydra. It might as well be a tank with extra heads.
>>
>>157726396
Cause he needed a plot gun to kill a hydra that has infinite shields and infinite regen.

After reading the entirety of that story as well as the epilogues, I now understand that the Hydra was the Hero of the Story all along.
>>
>>157726259
Cheat skills are only cheat skills if they make the MC more powerful than anything else in the setting.

The railgun here is only as powerful as an upper tier magic spell.
>>
>>157726259
Don't bully the burger, anon.
It's his first time being pandered to by a foreigner.
Let him enjoy his day in the sun.
>>
File: 20-21.jpg (441KB, 1426x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20-21.jpg
441KB, 1426x1024px
>I CAST RAILGUN
Still nothing compared to the power of CAST FIST.
>>
File: 1470422132104.png (930KB, 2000x1803px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470422132104.png
930KB, 2000x1803px
>>157726494
fuck no.

This is hot Burger on Burger bullying
>>
>>157725001
Looks like that girl from Akame Ga Kill.
>>
>>157726482
Marauder shields?
>>
File: IMG_2045.jpg (65KB, 736x656px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2045.jpg
65KB, 736x656px
>>157726547
Fuck you're right.
>>
>>157726583
I certainly felt ill reading the entire last 3 arcs as I did finishing ME3
>>
File: 3487827832.jpg (156KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3487827832.jpg
156KB, 1191x670px
>tfw you will never see a show/LN have a tank and crew be transported to another world ever again

It would be so full of potential!

>Inb4 GATEfags
It's not really an isekai, since they can be transported back and forth from one world to the other.
>>
File: 1448832066527.jpg (956B, 125x112px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448832066527.jpg
956B, 125x112px
>>157726618
>>157726547
>>
>>157726665
The story didn't make you ill up until then?
>>
>>157724004
>Schlagen
Like Arifureta wasn't chuuni enough and author inserted German word in name for no apparent reason.
>Verb
>schlagen
>(transitive) to beat; to hit; to knock; to strike; to punch; to hammer; to pound
>(transitive, figuratively) to beat; to win against; to defeat
>(intransitive) to beat; to strike repeatedly; to pound
>(transitive, cooking) to beat; to whip; to mix food in a rapid aerating fashion
>(of a clock) to chime
>(reflexive) to fight
>>
>>157726618
She honestly looks more masculine, more handsome, and better built than him.
>>
File: IMG_2046.jpg (49KB, 398x334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2046.jpg
49KB, 398x334px
>>157726767
>this is a schlagen
>it schlags
>>
>>157726739
I was enjoying the Garbage Fire until it sprayed its flaming shit everywhere, by the time I realized what was going on, I was already too caught up in it to drop it and just decided to plow through the mess and see it to the end with the faint hope that it wouldnt be a complete disappointment.

Hence why I went so far as to read the epilogues.
>>
>>157724004
Why does everything have to be isekai with you faggots? Read a normal fantasy book every once in a while.
>>
>>157726718
Those who hunt elves?
>>
>>157727206
>Those who hunt elves
That the reason i wanna see a concept like it again. Because of that series.
>>
The "REEEEE FUCKING NORMIES" sentiment in this series was so palpable it was embarrassing.
Apparently it wasn't enough for the bully characters to get shit on, no, the author also had to introduce a super handsome popular nice guy with a strong sense of justice just so he could shit on his parade nonstop once they got teleported to the other world to make the MC look better in comparison.
>most popular guy in school
>childhood friends with the two hottest girls in school
>designated hero and strongest fighter when they get teleported
>everyone loves him and looks up to him
>proceeds to get utterly humiliated and NTR'd by the MC when they meet again
>with one childhood friend stolen by MC's cock he starts relying on the other childhood friend for emotional support
>except she fucking falls in love with the MC too
>he goes off the deep end and gets brainwashed and backstabs everyone
Author please, there's a limit to indulging in "popular people should all go die" fantasies. He didn't even antagonize the MC until MC stole his girl.
>>
>>157727401
No boy other than the MC is allowed to be competent or popular in these shitty stories. It's really silly.
>>
>>157727148
Go back to /lit/ if you didn't like /a/.
>>
>>157727148
>read fantasy and many other books all the time
>read this iseaki manga and decide to post it on 4chan
>some random faggot tell me to read more fantasy books
Stop projecting your sad life.
>>
>>157725865
Gotta love how he could literally solve world hunger and cure cancer in a heartbeat in the ending but doesn't because fuck you.
>>
>>157727459
The ninja got his own spinoff story and his own harem though.
>>
>>157725524
This is such terrible writing. I'm going to post it to /lit/ in hopes it will kill some of them.
>>
>>157727759
Some of those fuckers have read the entire Sword of Truth series, I think they can survive a tiny amount of shit like that picture.
>>
>>157727759
>This is such terrible writing

How would you know? The original is in Japanese.
>>
>>157725052
Yeah, this, Spider and Dungeon Seeker having surprisingly fitting art for the story.
>>
>>157727845
Because the author himself calls the writing terrible.
>>
>>157725534
>can be obtain by anyone
>just need godly regen!!
>>
>>157727845
Then it's a terrible translation.
>In a sense, the three who advanced on the plain made a commotion that showed their good relationship
I hope this is only fan-translated, because nobody should be paid for this.
>>
>>157727967
Of course it's a terrible fan translation, you can easily detect it without even reading, simply because of all ~ and general lack of punctuation.
>>
>>157728072
I have to admit that I'm rather fond of ~ in my chinese wallpaintings.
>>
>>157724004
sauce? also, should I give this a read if I have nothing better to do
>>
Reminder that in the epilogue
>MC used mind control to keep the press and government away from his class after they returned to Earth
>also scared the Yakuza shitless to the point where the local Yakuza head tries to obtain his approval for every promotion they make
>forged Japanese citizenship and marriage records for his entire harem
>his fucking ten year old daughter stopped a terrorist kidnapping attempt that crippled the entire US government by herself before calling daddy to clean up the rest
>he proceeded to invade the terrorists' HQ by himself and kill their leader while his harem went around the world casually resurrecting the dead and restoring blown up airports as well as stopping ICBM missile strikes, etc.
>one of his classmates working under him made the entire British MI5 his bitch before warning them to not even attempt to contact his boss because that might end in Britain being wiped off the map
>ended up in another isekai while on vacation and saved the entire world in three days by casting Meteor on a big bad evil dragon while also discovering how to make a perpetual motion engine and solving the multiverse's energy problems (if he actually shared the technology, not that he would)
>also one of his haremettes with charisma EX+ became Jesus Christ 2.0 with most of the world worshipping her and the entire UN being under her control
>>
>>157724090
material != materiel
>>
File: 1302874254357.jpg (436KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1302874254357.jpg
436KB, 600x600px
>>157728272
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>157727858
Your posts are surprisingly fitting for this thread.
>>
>>157728291
Anti material rifles are made for sniping engine blocks out of cars, not killing people.
>>
>>157728272
>Such unashamed wish fulfillment
I love it.
>>
>>157728272
You forgot that he invented the Nervgear.
And that it also glitched out and broke its logout button.
>>
>>157728457
It's the only reason Japanese trash novels are still better then anything else.
>>
>>157728457
>>157728563
People like you are why Michael Bay keeps making Transformers movies,.
>>
>>157728613
Cry more cuck. I like having harmless fun instead everything being grounded in seriousness and cucking.
>>
This series is absolute shit, the people who are praising this shit are attempting to fake it instead of just calling it garbage. People who are actually serious about praising this series is completely mental and have no idea on how to properly criticize shit.
>>
File: 1493018670211.jpg (300KB, 1130x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1493018670211.jpg
300KB, 1130x1200px
>>157728651
Heres your (you)
>>
>>157725052
>edgy
Stop misusing that word, teens.
>>
>>157725759
>>157725857
>>157725898
I can self insert into this.
>>
>>157728703
>STOP ENJOYING THINGS
>>
>>157728651
> Calls others cucks
> Enjoys wish-fulfillment done terribly and so a contrived story filled with deus ex machina
> calling another a cuck
> While enjoying this pile of garbage
Hahahaha! Moreover,
> I like harmless fun
This shit ain't harmless, reading this series kills some of your brain cells, so stop bullshitting.
>>157728819
> things
I'm telling you to stop enjoying shit.
>>
>>157728703
To be fair, i was able to stand this trash longer then the supreme faggotry that is Re:Monster, holy fuck is that series bad.
>>
>>157728948
For the first few Chapters after he fell into the Dungeon, I was actually thinking this was RE:Monster done right.
>>
>>157728948
Neither of those could possibly be more cancerous than That Person, Later On
>>
>>157728948
How about instead of comparing pieces of shit to each other you go read something actually good?
>>
>>157724686
Short version is that memorizing a firearm blueprint is the easiest part of the job. Obtaining proper materials is the hard part. You can't just throw some firecracker black powder into a barrel hammered out of horseshoe iron. I mean, you can, but that's what gets you "something something matchlock rifle something".

High power gunpowder needs some very exact chemistry to produce, not to mention high purity base materials in steady supplies. Gun barrels durable enough to contain that high power gunpowder needs some pretty advanced metallurgy to refine. These are advanced fields with some precise tolerances. Speaking of which, unless you have crafting magic, making advanced guns without precision crafting tools is pretty much impossible.

tl;dr powerful guns are the end result of a broad supply chain of experts each supplying a different component to the end result. It's like how your buddy the car expert might be able to change a spark plug but has zero chance of making their own spark plugs from scratch.
>>
File: 1444104343902.png (111KB, 319x410px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444104343902.png
111KB, 319x410px
Who here looking forward to shieldbro vol 8? Releases somehwere around june 15.
>>
>>157726718
>runs out of shells
>runs out of gas
>runs out of cartridges
A tank being iskeaid in another world becomes deadweight within the first day of battle.
>>
File: 1307073167707.gif (1MB, 320x130px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1307073167707.gif
1MB, 320x130px
>>157728434
Yes and no.
Made for, design, intended use and field application almost never meet together. AM rifles are most often used for fucking up fortifications and scaring people into hiding. The nomenclature originated in a time where the type of weapon was to fulfill a different operational niche.

In this case, since the MC is fighting shit with armor that rivals and exceed 'common sense', you might as well consider everything he pulls out to be 'anti-material.'
>>
Truth be told, the west is full of stories with "underdog" characters who end up becoming physical gods by the end of the story, but most mcs in western fantasy actually struggle and endure untold amounts of humiliation before reaching godhood, and I am talking actual humiliation, not some bully stealing lunch money, but stuff like being made into a slave and being whipped half to death or being shamed in the front of his entire clan for 60% of the story.

I dont really know how to explain my point here, I just wish more mcs in isekai stories actually paid a fair and just price for their powers, give me more suffering, hot blooded manly action and sacrifice before the story begins sucking the mc dick.

There is no need for a harem either, a single girl with a decent and fun personality is much more satisfying to read than ten vapid sluts who wish for nothing more than be the mc cock sleeve.
>>
>>157729136
>>157729046
Long story short, this series just plays rule of cool too far and bullshits its way one too many times with its inventions and bullcrap guns.
>>157728988
>>157728948
Re:Monster is just a shitty diary.
>>
>>157729129
>Not just using Isekai magic
It's the second most powerful thing next to meme magic and autism powers.
>>
>>157729002
I liked the Autist before the Harem caught up with him, it was fun seeing him run away constantly, but once the harem got their mitts on him it went straight into the toilet.
>>
>>157728272
It seriously the best thing I've ever read. Pulling no punches, it's sort of the antithetic version of the normal after-story where the MC goes back to living a 'peaceful life' like the beta he really was all along.
>>
>>157729198
I want Raistlin to visit every Isekai story mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>157729269
>a bitter faggot with a retarded brother and even more retarded nephew

Sounds great.
>>
>>157729249
The thing is, Hajime really does insist on the dumb "I just want to live a normal uneventful life with my bitches and my parents" but he keeps getting dragged back into trouble that he solves with overwhelming firepower.
>>
>>157725524
>in a sense, the three who advanced on the plane made a commotion that showed their good relationship
Oh my God this writing.
>>
File: 1389332670780.gif (2MB, 291x173px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389332670780.gif
2MB, 291x173px
>>157729198
So, Arifureta fits the bill.
As for the Harem, at this point I think it's a matter of tastes. By the time he get more than three girls over his sleeve, I think it's starting to go into tasteless territory. I actually quite liked how long the bugged-bunny had to ride the MC's back like a cat in heat for things to progress. The MC was very self-conscious of how things would ultimately progress if he crossed that line.
>>
File: HGH.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HGH.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>157729316
His idea of what is 'peaceful' does include being a wackjob evil scientist, though. So I'd argue the contrary.
>>
>>157729362
You mean
>Oh my God this translation.
>>
>>157729447
It's both.
>>
>>157729447
>>157729362
It's just a Jap narrative trope that goes strangely when translated. So, it's a bit of both and neither.
>>
>>157729386
Shizuku was the tipping point.
Yue, Shia, and Kaori were all developed fairly thoroughly but Shizuku was the point where girls just started falling for him because he was cool and he just halfheartedly let them into the harem because why the fuck not, the stupid princess and teacher and pervert dragon and mermilf can come too I guess.
>>
>>157729547
that sounds like pokemon but with humans instead

the MC catches new ones constantly to the point where none of them have screen time so some of them are shuffled into the PC, never to be mentioned or seen again

and new ones keep popping up because the novelty satiates the libidos of horny teenagers
>>
>>157724004
>Anti-Material
Did they mean anti-materiel? There's a big difference.
>>
>>157729386
It was kind of retarded how the vampire girl was so insistent on him fucking the useless bunny.
>why yes I do enjoy being cucked MC-kun why do you ask
>>
>>157729547
Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely welcome more flesh into my fuckcircle if I was truck'd to a different world and given a cheat ability. But you're right in saying that some of the harem members weren't really great.

As characters, Bat, Rabbit, Dragon would be on my list. Bat because DAMN! Rabbit because cute buggy and very driven. Dragon because I'm into that sort of stuff too.
The Childhood Friend is not one I find appealing in this case (Kaori is bland all around).
The Princess feels like a badge of honor (extra title and xp on the adventurer's card?).
Swordwoman gets my dick going, but I'm not really into the whole meatbrain-who-really-wanted-to-be-spoiled-like-a-princess thing.
Teach... nice side-fuck? More fun to tease than to bang, probably.
Restaurant-Girl-!Mistress, it's just cute (kyaa kyaa~) so no biggie. Wouldn't stick it in, though.
>>
>>157728434
>Anti material rifles are made for sniping engine blocks out of cars
no, anti materiEl rifles are made for that.
anti materiAl rifles are a made-up videogame thing that just means "kills all kinds of shit"
>>
>>157729671
Vamp also fucks the bunny, though? It's an actual triangle in the sheets.
>>
>>157729633
The author at least made an effort to give all of them their own scenes as the story went on. Only the princess really got tacked on at the last minute but then he wrote that whole "god of the new world" arc to make up for that.

Not like some stories where the newest girl gets the spotlight and the old ones are basically nonexistent.
>>
>>157729677
if it had just been Bunny and Bat, I would have been ok with it.

Because Bat pulled him from the Brink and Bunny made the effort to get close.

The rest just got a free fucking pass because LOL HAREM
>>
>>157729655
One is used against the military. The other is used against all matter in the universe.

Do you really think Hajime would stop at just the military?
>>
>>157729724
Dragon got caught by Hifumi, though, not the other way around.
>>
>>157729733
He doesn't even need his guns to fight the military, he just has to make a scary Yakuza face to make them all shit their pants from fear.
>>
>>157729046
>tl;dr powerful guns are the end result of a broad supply chain of experts each supplying a different component to the end result. It's like how your buddy the car expert might be able to change a spark plug but has zero chance of making their own spark plugs from scratch.
I know TED talks are not well received on 4chan in general but I still think these are excellent videos on this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHh9E5ilZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ODzO7Lz_pw
>>
>>157729766
He does get the JSDF ketchup/mustard bombed later on, though (Myuu did it, but who gave her the means?)
>>
>>157729724
Teacher was equally important in his early development but the thing is she could've stayed an actual adult mentor figure and not another fucking harem member.
>>
>>157729807
>>157729724
I did like the AS bit where Hifumi fondles her in front of the dude who has had a crush on her since forever.
NTR-ish, without really being it. Very risqué!
>>
File: IMG_2047.png (186KB, 500x401px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2047.png
186KB, 500x401px
>>157729838
>>157729748
>Hifumi
>>
>>157729547
>but Shizuku was the point where girls just started falling for him because he was cool and he just halfheartedly let them into the harem because why the fuck not,
it's a shame for me because sword autists with ponytails and boots are usually my favorite characters.
>>
>>157729838
>>157729748
who the fuck is hifumi
>>
>>157729867
I always knew Hifumin was a violent serial molester.
>>
>>157729907
>>157729867
Hajime Nagumo!
Fuck, you know who I'm talking about. Who's Hifumi again? I'm reading like sixty stories at once. I guess it's starting to mess with my brain.
>>
>>157729872
Same, Shizuku was my favorite character, but her inclusion into the harem was just so half assed.
Actually Kaori and Shizuku could've been a single character with both their screentime and the story would've been improved immensely. With Shizuku's personality of course.
>>
>>157724004
I'm just going to go with, even if MC had all the requisite knowledge to make a 'railgun', or modern artillery, it's almost guaranteed he couldn't find anyone capable of the precise machining necessary to actually make one.

Even muh based Dwarven Smith's.
>>
>>157729979
In this case, it's just a tube that accelerate shit with magic.
MC did get some buff to spacial-visualization, memory and material-motion due to his class. I'm thinking that it might be easy, btu depending on how much of a weirdo he was back on earth, it's quite possible for someone with a Cheat Class to remake something like a railgun.

It's a bit stretchy, but by no mean impossible.
>>
>>157728434
Actually, Anti-Materiel rifles are primarily used in Explosive Ordinance Disposal. You find an IED on some road in bumfuck nowhere. You COULD risk your EOD techs lives and have them try to disarm it. Or you could shoot it from a kilometer away with a .50 BMG and detonate it with nothing notable in the kill zone.
>>
>>157730027
>>157729979
The thing is, if magic is convenient enough to make creating guns trivial, it begs the question of why nobody has done so up until now.
Because the idea of a gun is incredibly basic and obvious, the problem is having the requisite manufacturing ability to make something functional. But if magic trivializes that there's no reason for the other world not to have invented and used guns already.
>>
>>157730098
>it begs the question of why nobody has done so up until now.

Because having something that works "good enough" often stifles innovation. For example, if you can shoot fireballs, would it really occur to you to use magnets to accelerate a slug of lead to huge velocities to accomplish the same thing? Maybe it would be easier, but if you have something that already works, you're more likely to try and make that better, rather than coming up with something completely new.

An example of this in firearms design is many of the early, self loading pistols used extremely complex mechanisms, because the creators were basing them on Revolvers. The concept of a blowback slide was revolutionary.
Video related, two good examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFhU3Dixvnk
>>
>>157730098
>trying to rationalize japanese light novels
>trying to rationalize gary stu isekai protagonists
>trying to rationalize japanese generic fantasy world #994848479484
>trying to rationalize all of these things together
I will never understand why people read this shit. Generic Shounen I get, even if I don't like it. But this shit? Seriously?
>>
>>157730188
The same reason people read classics like Hercules and Odyssey.
>>
File: 40mm HE-T.gif (2MB, 361x269px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
40mm HE-T.gif
2MB, 361x269px
>>157730098
Magic trivialize movement, not craftsmanship. Crafting Classes in Arifureta are generally pretty shitty. Even if the idea is simple, firearms are a bit too specialized in comparison. Why even think about accelerating a slug to LUDICROUS speeds when you can find people who could enchant a crossbow bolt with some zap?

It's a lot of R&D effort for something that would give poor results. Alternatives are better all around. Even after Hajime comes around, the idea of firearms is still not viable in other hands.

pic related, if every talented magician can do this, why go through the trouble of 500+ years of hard labor to reach the same point?
>>
>>157730098
>Because the idea of a gun is incredibly basic and obvious, the problem is having the requisite manufacturing ability to make something functional.
this. Hajime comes across an exploding rock that he uses as gunpowder substitute, but if such exploding rock exists the people of the world should have found a use for it similar to a gun already.
I mean the Chinese from the Song to the Ming were basically
>dude
>DUDE
>ROCKETS
>MAKE LOTS OF THEM
>UNLIMITED ROCKETS
>Cannons are better than rockets? MAKE CANNONS
>LIKE MAKE LOTS OF THEM
>BUILD ALL THE CANNONS
>Foreigners have better cannons? COPY FOREIGN CANNONS.
>HIRE JESUITS ALLOW THEM TO PREACH IN EXCHANGE FOR HELPING US BUILD MORE CANNONS
>Muskets? Yea, sure, they're nice, BUT CANNONS THO
>Dude how about a horse saddle...THAT CARRIES A CANNON?
>How about a musket...THAT IS ACTUALLY A CANNON AND NEEDS TWO DUDES TO OPERATE?
>SHEEEET MAN CANNONS
>>
>>157730027
I kind of feel like the whole point of this thread is 'Why doesn't MC-kun use his advanced knowledge to BTFO every damn thing?'

Can the average person make gunpowder from scratch? I mean, I still remember the... Well, not going to actually say what I know how to make, considering. My point is, unless MC was a gun nut from the start, most people wouldn't even understand the principles of a percussion cap.
>>
>>157730180
>For example, if you can shoot fireballs, would it really occur to you to use magnets to accelerate a slug of lead to huge velocities to accomplish the same thing?
Same reason crossbows overtook bows, and guns overtook crossbows. Because magic is dependent on user stats and needs lots of powerlevelling and shit, but a crossbow or a gun is something you can just give to any weaksauce peasant, line a bunch of them up, and have them able to kill trained knights with only a couple days of training.
>>
>>157730242
>i remember how to make, well except i don't

Just google it faggot.
>>
>>157730273
Unless the power of a projectile scales with the user's stats.
>>
File: 1406492693153.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406492693153.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>157730242
Gun-otas are plentiful in Japan. Especially a recovered chuuni like Hajime.
After getting Creation Magic, he can make cordite and shit, yeah.

>Why doesn't MC-kun use his advanced knowledge to BTFO every damn thing?
He does, though. That's almost all he does. The point where Orbital Weapons come into the mix is sort of an indicator that the power curve is a bit broken on his side.
>>
>>157730316
>Unless the power of a projectile scales with the user's stats.
There is literally no reason for this to be the case if the user is not propelling the projectile under their own power but merely triggering a mechanism that imparts propulsive force to the projectile by itself.
So for example, a railgun that Hajime powers with his lightning powers would be affected by his level of lightning. But a gun that merely uses the explosive force of the blastrock wouldn't.
>>
>>157724004
I have one question, how did he pulls the cloth out while the tip still pointing up? He looks like he lost a hand also.
>>
>>157730386
Magic, and he only has one arm.
>>
>>157730386
A magic bear ate his arm, so he killed and ate the bear.
>>
>>157730328
And then the story throws a ludicrously overpowered final boss at him that renders all his stupidly high firepower pointless so he has to rely on the power of asspu- I mean love to defeat him.
>>
File: 3D moneyshot.webm (2MB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3D moneyshot.webm
2MB, 1436x1080px
>>157730386
Magic.
He literally imbue his creation with 'good looking effects' for dramatic purposes. Mostly sound effect, but everything goes for the sake of being 'cool.'
>>
>>157729671
Yue dots on Shia though. Considers her a cute little sister.
Hell, most of the harem are girls Yue's atleast somewhat interested in. Shia's like a little sister, Tio is of the legendary dragon race she respected. And Kaori's an actual rival in love.

>>157729547
>Shizuku was the point where girls just started falling for him because he was cool
She was pretty developed too though. She's used to being the dependable adult among everyone, when really she wanted someone to depend on and be girly herself. She likes, pink, loves cute things, has a bunch of stuffed animals. Hajime's the one guy she could actually depend on. I actually thought it was pretty good writing.

>he just halfheartedly let them into the harem because why the fuck not, the stupid princess and teacher and pervert dragon and mermilf can come too I guess.
To be fair, I believe this was Hajime's exact thought process as well.
>>
>>157724939
Magic-enhanced modern stuff is the best of both worlds.
>>
>>157724004
Magically creating hyper advanced military weapons to use to fight against primitive people is fundamentally no different than using cheat skills.
>>
File: 1484367321129.jpg (4KB, 114x113px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484367321129.jpg
4KB, 114x113px
>>157730507
>>
>>157730455
Are you talking about using Concept magic to kill the God-Underling or the bit while in the precinct against NTR-God?
>>
>>157730523
At least if he is casting snipe it's not ridiculous that he can use some magic skill versus the immense training he would need to be able to shoot something with a railgun.
>>
>>157730523
It's against the Geneva conventions.
>>
>>157730567
Both, really.
It's just a case of poor powerlevel escalation. The thing is, the dungeons actually got easier as the story went on so Hajime was pretty much breezing through all obstacles near the end of the story.

But then the final arc suddenly throws literal god-tier enemies at him that are so fucking powerful nothing he can do can surmount the gap, which renders all the powerleveling he did prior to this kind of pointless. But the story pacing demanded that he kill them immediately anyways, so the author had to hand him a constant stream of bullshit powers to finish the job. And then he immediately lost all of them for whatever reason because I guess even the author thought letting him permanently possess the power to erase anything from existence was too much.
>>
>>157729547
>>157729677
>>157730490
The funny thing is that Tio was actually one of the first girls to join the harem, but she got shoved deep into joke character territory and basically never got any serious development. The author kept hinting at Tio getting her own serious character arc eventually, since once in a while the story would mention her past traumas, but then "oh shit it's time for the final battle and I think I forgot to write Tio's arc, oh well SURPRISE she's actually a princess and here's her dragonkin clan arriving out of nowhere to participate in the final battle so Hajime can talk to them for five minutes and formally accept her into the harem so we can hurry up and end the story already!"
>>
>isekaifags are all poorfags
>>
>>157728434
>>157729136
>>157729681
>>157730072
Correct, anti-materiEl rifles are not sniper rifles, marksman rifles, "fuck shit up" guns, or anything of the sort. They're made to damage equipment, usually wrecking radars, vehicles, and other sensitive equipment.

Contrary to popular belief, bigger != longer range. They are usually a lot less precise than actual sniper rifles.
>>
File: Rapaz Theme Park.png (2MB, 1447x3134px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rapaz Theme Park.png
2MB, 1447x3134px
>>157724004
>not casting the most powerful summon
>>
>>157724004
>release that witch
chinese isekai where an engineer employ magical girls to start the industrial revolution centuries early, in order to face off against a race of aliens trying to exterminate humanity.

>a hero's war
english isekai where another engineer also start an industrial revolution equivalent except with more emphasis on magic, to fight off against a horde of hivemind magic zombies

Read these.
>>
File: 1492109485819.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1492109485819.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>157731797
What would the summoning chant for truck-kun be?
>>
>Classic tier
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Rayearth
- Dunbine
- Tenchi Muyo Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Duel Savior
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative

>Archetype tier
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Evil God Average
- Oda Nobuna
- Log Horizon
- Release that Witch

>Atypical tier
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- Youjo Senki
- Dungeon Defense
- Mondaiji

>Fun garbage tier
- Arifureta
- Bluesteel Blasphemer
- Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Slime Tensei
- Koihime Musou
- Dog Days
- Knights and Magic
- Eien no Aselia
- Tsuki ga Michibiku

>Total garbage tier
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Dungeon Seeker
- Master of Monster
- Gun Ota
- Nidome no Yuusha
- Seirei Gensouki
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves

>Not isekai tier
- Inuyasha
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Paying to Win VRMMO
- Sevens
- Utawarerumono
- .hack
>>
>>157724004
But Hajime couldn't have created that without using blacksmith magic and <Appraisal>.
>>
>>157732494
The very fact that you had to mention .hack on that list leads me to believe that someone out there is actually retarded enough to think it's isekai.

It's things like these that make me question the existence of God.
>>
>>157732695
His blacksmith magic isn't special though? That's why the name of the series is "From Common Job Class to the Strongest in the World".
>>
>>157732765
.hack is listed under not isekai tier with mmo and regular fantasy series
>>
>>157732765
>someone out there is actually retarded enough to think it's isekai.
>it's under "not isekai tier"

Now I bet you feel embarrassed.
>>
>>157733076
You forgot to read the first part of his sentence
>The very fact that you had to mention .hack on that list leads me to believe that...
>>
>>157725001
The only way I'm reading this is if that person with guns for arms is actually a reverse trap
>>
>>157732918
>>157733076

I guess I formulated that sentence wrong, didn't mean anything negative on the poster.

Basically I was saying that the mere necessity of him having to post it under the "Not isekai tier" leads me to believe that someone out there could actually think .hack is isekai. That thought is disturbing.
>>
>>157725001
The drawings of the girls remind me of someone. A hentai artist, maybe?
>>
>>157726838
>not "it schla gens
>>
>>157733315
The artist is Taiyaki, who mainly does H-doijinshi.
>>
>>157728948
What's so bad about Re:Monster
>>
File: 1.jpg (322KB, 1200x1686px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
322KB, 1200x1686px
>>157733347
>Taiyaki
Of course!

thanks anon
>>
>getting a new manga
Anime soon.
>>
>>157733758
Is this like the gag 4koma spinoff or something?
>>
File: 1487560264613 (1).jpg (836KB, 2230x1750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1487560264613 (1).jpg
836KB, 2230x1750px
This too.
>>
>>157734326
Does Poncho have his own harem
>>
>>157734326
Dropped this when the MC took the dragon girl air force commander and made her into a maid.
>>
>>157734326
>Tomoe Inui
>Hakuya
>Aisha
why do otherworlders have Japanese names? The Hakuya guy even wears Japanese clothes.
>>
Just read the 12 chapters that are out.

Fuck I want more.
>>
>>157735689
The kingdom the MC takes charge of is a multiethnic state, founded when a bunch of groups of different races got together and said "everywhere else fucking sucks so let's band together and make a place that doesn't suck so bad".

He later refuses to sign the Fantasy Helsinki Protocol because the article guaranteeing self-determination for all peoples would make his country vulnerable to balkanization.
>>
>>157735983
Trust me, you don't. It turns into comedy haremshit after the first arc.
>>
>>157735689
The same reason why everyone in American sci-fi shows speak California English despite being aliens.
>>
>>157736528
but why...

It was so fucking good when he fell down in the dungeon, but now that you say it, after he found the vampire girl it turned more like moeshit.
>>
>>157736601
This shit always happen, don't let it surprise you.
I don't know how many isekai I've read with unique premises and good beginnings that immediately go back to being generic shit the moment the first arc is over.
>>
>>157736601
The author openly stated he was just bullshitting out fanfic-tier rubbish from the start, writing whatever the hell came to mind while making it up as he went along because he was just writing for fun. He even sounds incredulous that his nonsense actually became popular and got published.
>>
>>157737840
To be honest I'm starting to like reading manga while I'm in the bus.

Can you recommend me any good isekai?
>>
>>157735983
Dungeon seeker turned out to be the better Edgefest.
>>
>>157730490
>pretty good writing.
You are Cancer
>>
>>157729198
Dungeon seeker guy suffers a lot.
>>
>>157733472
>MC: RAPE IS BAD!
>Proceeds to drug people until they are begging for his cock.
>>
>>157733871
Yes.
>>
File: 1442099424633.png (710KB, 700x1153px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442099424633.png
710KB, 700x1153px
>>157738003
Overlord, Konosuba.
>>
I stopped reading this when the translation stopped resembling english. What did I miss?
>>
>>157738003
desu Arifureta is still good silly fun if you can get past the genre change.
At the very least Hajime isn't shy about being OP unlike a ton of other beta protagonists who "don't want to stand out".
>>
>>157737932
>>157736601
>I’m not sure if this book betrayed your expectations or fulfilled them, but I’ll be glad so long as you derived some amount of enjoyment from it.
>I mentioned this earlier too, but this story was originally something I put up on the novel website Syosetsuka ni Narou under the pseudonym Chuuni Lover. It’s something that’s been steadily edited and refined before appearing in the form you’re reading now.
>I’m still very much a beginner when it comes to writing, so forgive me for the half-assed setting, overall lack of plot, and general randomness. I added things as they popped into my mind, and wrote a story that was more for myself than anything.
>Even now, I’m still enjoying writing this story more than anything else as Ryo Shirakome... which is why I’m truly thankful to my fans at Narou for supporting this fanfiction-tier story all the way until it got published officially. It’s not every day that an isekai author gets published out of the sea of isekai stories on there.

>As I’m sure those of you can already tell by my Syosetsu pen name, I’m a huge chuuni lover. Enough of one that I wrote an entire novel based on it. Enough of one that I’m going to write an entire second novel about it too.
>And I’m not the only chuuni out there. I’m sure all Japanese boys, no, boys all over the world, no, every human alive, has a bit of chuuni hidden somewhere inside them.
>So, to all of you chuuni lovers who have to hide away because of common sense, or your age, or how embarrassing it is, or how society sees you, if this book has helped unleash your burning soul just a little... then I consider my work complete.
>Ah, but please don’t go around unleashing it in public. You’ll cause an uproar.

tl;dr thanks for the money but why on earth did you buy this?
>>
>>157729069
Anyone?
>>
>>157729069
>>157740022
I stopped reading that shit after MC took his revenge and everybody turned around to suck his cock for being the only hero worth a damn while the other heroes are somehow completely useless.
>>
>>157740251
Light or web novel? Though i understand you dropping it.
>>
>>157740503
LN, since the WN "translation" was unreadable.
>>
>>157740730
Oh i see, yeah i can see why it's not your cup of tea. Wn could have been a bit worse than that if you read it.
>>
>>157738457
>Konosuba.
He said good, not a series retards act like is good.
>>
File: DA0CgcoVoAE-XVi.jpg (119KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DA0CgcoVoAE-XVi.jpg
119KB, 1000x750px
>MT author isn't a loli or a fat guy
that was unexpected (is the helmet guy)
>>
>>157741180
To be fair, he probably is considered fat thanks to the Japanese BMI.
>>
>>157741620
Is the helmet going to be a meme
>>
>>157740988
But it is good.
>>
File: Stupid.jpg (429KB, 764x817px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Stupid.jpg
429KB, 764x817px
> People with an actual brain knows the series is terrible
> Even author admits it despite it not making it better whatsoever, it makes it even more contrived to purposely make garbage
> People here still argue it is not garbage.
> Author admitted it (doesn't make it better, it just makes himself a fucking hack and a schmuck)
> Anons here still defend this garbage
You fucks make no sense sometimes. I think reading this series really killed off too many of some of these anons' brain cells. This series is garbage. End of story. No point in further discussion.
>>
>>157742834
>Even author admits
Really? Are you gonna source that shit or not?
>>
>>157742569
>>157738457
Overlord is overrated crap that gets convoluted with its "summoning", filled with jobbing to the point where there is a lack of tension, cannot bother keeping a precise tonal quality between Ainz and the rest of the cast, and just filled with crap that shouldn't even matter in the long run, the original goal was to find his friends, not go after lizard tribes, trafficking networks, working as an adventurer, and taking over kingdoms. These should have little-to-no connections and you fucks don't realize this drags on and on with each long ass volume.

Konosuba is also overrated crap that relies on ridiculous situations (already done before), does the usual idiots fucking around series number 1003, has no silver lining (fuck off, "enjoying company with friends" is the most overdone crap and should never count), Kazuma acts smart when the plot demands it despite the fact he is just as a retard as any other character on the series, has one-too-many revivals (don't give me drawback bullshit, it's bad to revive, period). Author keeps milking it despite the WN ending (doesn't help when 90% of the covers are cute girls, it is an indicator to just overdoing shit) and you fucks keep buying into it.
>>
>>157743248
See here, this is a tl of what he said on afterwords and so on. >>157739252
What he write here is just a great indicator that he is full of shit and he willingly writes a series that is shit. Don't give me an excuse that it's supposed to serve it's purpose in overplaying it, it is done terribly. Don't argue.
>>
>>157732067
>Release that Witch.

Slow translation and an even shittier novel. It's also Chink shit so it doesn't belong on this board.
>>
>>157743446
Since it seems that there is not a single good isekai manga, can someone please recommend me any manga that has some action?
>>
>>157743618
>>157739252
Well, he did at least admit it, and that's more then most Isekai series (Re:zero, KonoSuba, No Game No Life) so eh. What ever.
>>
File: 1466604587862.png (184KB, 495x374px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466604587862.png
184KB, 495x374px
>>157743446
Every of your issues with Overlord are explained and make sense within the setting, unless you have zero reading comprehension.


Now if you think Overlord/Konosuba are bad written with shit plot that makes zero sense, name some good WN/LN.
>>
>>157744088
No, that just makes it even more convoluted as you are aware of your own flaws, but refuse and still continue making the same exact mistakes intentionally. That's worse than ignorance, that's intentionally doing stupid shit on a whim.
>>157743864
It's not the idea that it is bad, alot of recent stuff of isekai is not very good. Sorry if there's no good isekai manga.
>>157744148
> Make sense
Address them instead of just dropping my points. You don't respond to any of them. Therefore, conceding.
> Name some good WN/LN
Stop asking for recs, it's the equivalent of "why don't you tell me what's better?"
>reading comprehension
Ok, this is a growing trend by Overlordfags that attempt to turn away from any sense of criticism towards their beloved series. They will resort to any other insults by implying mental disorders, laughing at anons, and just shitpost to delegitimize critics instead of addressing the points they make.
>>
>>157744645
>still continue making the same exact mistakes intentionally
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP MAKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!
>>
Arifureta is a masterpiece of the modern times.
>>
>>157744148
> Explained
Ok, why was Albedo's sister retconned?
Why did it take such a fucking long time for getting clues on the ones who brainwashed Shalltear in so many volumes?
Why did Climb win other than the convenience of plot armor that gave him a shounen power up when he was supposed to lose?
Why do we have to read some bandit's life story other than it was a cheap attempt at giving depth to a character?
Why was only parts of the game summoned like Nazarick? Don't give me magic crap, give a legitimate answer as like what was the purpose, how exactly was done, who exactly intended this. You expect me to reach some catharsis answer with this series but I see no point beyond after many long volumes.
>>
>>157744719
> Stop making what I don't like
Don't straw-man me. At least get it correct, I want him to stop making shit and intentionally making shit.
>>
>>157744894
Don't give us redundant sarcasm and just say it is shit. Ok?
>>
File: 1465916585264.jpg (513KB, 923x599px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465916585264.jpg
513KB, 923x599px
>>157744645
>Address them instead of just dropping my points. You don't respond to any of them. Therefore, conceding.
There is no point in explaining them since you didn't read it.

>Stop asking for recs, it's the equivalent of "why don't you tell me what's better?"

If you can't give LN WN examples that you think are better written, you're just baiting. Maybe read something else?

>Ok, this is a growing trend by Overlordfags that attempt to turn away from any sense of criticism towards their beloved series. They will resort to any other insults by implying mental disorders, laughing at anons, and just shitpost to delegitimize critics instead of addressing the points they make

Complain about things that are well explained in the series if you actually read it. BUT BUT ITS SHIT WHY SO BUTTHURT. It's like asking why Titanic sank.
>>
You should read Cheat Book then, it has the protagonist using metal bats, sniper rifles, and fucking ancient weapons like Gungnir.
>>
>>157745117
>Don't give me magic crap, give a legitimate answer as like what was the purpose, how exactly was done, who exactly intended this.

A man named Kugane Maruyama intended it.
>>
>>157745320
>There is no point in explaining them since you didn't read it.
Refusal to respond, dropping.
>If you can't give LN WN examples that you think are better written, you're just baiting. Maybe read something else?
What I consider to be good is completely irrelevant and has to bearing on this conversation. Just focus on responding.
>Complain about things that are well explained in the series if you actually read it. BUT BUT ITS SHIT WHY SO BUTTHURT. It's like asking why Titanic sank.
If you say it is so well-explained instead of actually responding, then you drop the argument by not bothering to be specific, therefore by not bothering to answer for yourself, you essentially acknowledge it to be a flaw. You tell me to read it, but I'm not going to bother wasting 50 minutes searching my answers from the text when you say it is already explained, then you should have no problem to explain it. Refusing to address them and just respond, "read the books" will make things worse.
You never responded here >>157743446
Regarding jobbing with no tension, goals side-tracked, an tonal shifts.
>>
>>157745897
In the story, not just the author/god of Overlord.
>>
>>157745828
No seriously this novel is basically Arifureta except the protagonist literally shoots some thugs in an alley after one day.
>An unfortunate high school student who died from an accident, Misasagi Ryou (陵陵). With God’s whim, what he got from reincarnating to a different world, was one old book――taking in all kinds of books, it was the 「Unlimited Summoning Book」 that is said to be able to materialize all creations. Legendary Brave Equipments, Sub-Machine Guns, Artificial Humans……using weapons that are taken out from the book, the young man tramples the different world!! The different world Battle Fantasy of a young man that loves books!
>>
>>157746019
> If you can't give LN WN examples that you think are better written, you're just baiting. Maybe read something else?

Just saying, this is irrelevant to the topic at hand. This has nothing to do with issue yet you push for it.
>>
>>157746137
Sorry, meant to respond to here >>157745320
>>
File: Shiro butt.png (458KB, 568x421px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shiro butt.png
458KB, 568x421px
>>157743446
And that's why NGNL is better then KonoShitta
>>
>>157725857
I Honestly enjoy Arifureta but
>wry smile
Went past being annoying. Its like IE SENPAI.
>>
Is Smartphone any good?
>>
>>157746071
what is the name of the manga? I can't find anything by the name of cheat book.
>>
File: 1458406319552.png (691KB, 667x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458406319552.png
691KB, 667x720px
>>157728272
I don't remember arifureta being this hilarious
>>
>>157746255
Rule of cool taken too far, bunch of pointless fanservice, tropes that never really went beyond their stereotypes, just mediocre.
>>
>>157746466
Hon Issatsu, should be easy to find with just those two words.
>>
>>157746506
>tropes that never really went beyond their stereotypes
What does this mean?
>>
>>157746628
Nothing really beyond their archetype, there's no particular evolving character, each having some quirk to their character but really nothing special.
>>
>instead of relying on stupidly overpowered cheat skills
>>>a fucking railgun

Why not just a regular ass gun
>>
>>157746859
Because if you rail some one - you're straight
But if you're using your ass - you're faggot
>>
>>157746859
Bullets don't work well against monsters with tough hides/scales
>>
>>157729198
>I just wish more mcs in isekai stories actually paid a fair and just price for their powers, give me more suffering
Gate of Good Fortune
>>
>>157729198
Re:Zero fits what you are looking for.
>>
>>157729198
Name 5 western fantasy series that do this.
>>
>>157729386
>>157729547
Only Shia and Tio should be actual wives.
Rest is just annoing. MC should had never accepted Kaori. And the rest is "funny, but NO" territory.
Also Tio after story were too good.
>>
>>157726259
Near personal-sized railguns have been a thing since at least '93, so chances are calling them "modern" is reasonable. Look up Project MARAUDER.
>>
>>157730630
There is no need to develop stable character like her. She already comes mature. But her gags indeed became annoying.
>>
File: 1494885437974.jpg (250KB, 960x1357px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1494885437974.jpg
250KB, 960x1357px
Does anyone know what series this character is from? I remember someone posting it in another thread related to gender bender isekai. Or is it just random cute girl art?
>>
>>157738131
Suffer is putting it lightly. Placed in a Brazen Bull multiple times must have literally been hell. And he's obviously going crazy.
>>
>>157738131
>>157749463
Who is more retarded Toyota of Dungeon sucker?
>>
>>157749590
I'd say Subaru's most retarded. Junpei kinda has to be sharp at all times or he's fucked.
>>
>>157724004
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-dungeon-seeker/

Read this. This is better than the harem bullshit that is that.

Unfortunately the MC did a few retarded things but not enough to bite him in the ass.

Recently he becoming less of a edgelord (not a good thing for the story and for his own survival)
>>
>>
File: 1444081320266.jpg (81KB, 344x459px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444081320266.jpg
81KB, 344x459px
>>
File: p-290.jpg (202KB, 1449x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
p-290.jpg
202KB, 1449x2048px
Best isekai mc coming through
>>
File: isekai.jpg (14KB, 266x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
isekai.jpg
14KB, 266x400px
>>157754414
Actual Isekai coming through
>>
>>157743829
>almost daily translations
>has exactly what OP talks about above

No, your taste is shit.
>>
>>157754414
Did sky drop this already?
>>
>>157758109
not apparently, but if it was picked up by a publisher it'd be waaay faster.
>>
File: anime soon.jpg (661KB, 1508x2220px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
anime soon.jpg
661KB, 1508x2220px
>>157728948
Kill yourself, re:monster does what it advertises, it has good action and good character interactions.

>>157738176
He's being kind and doing it for their mental well being, outright raping them will ruin their mind.
>>
>>157758504
>He's being kind and doing it for their mental well being, outright raping them will ruin their mind.

wouldnt the drugs already did that
>>
>>157724090
What does Cecilia's expression convey there?
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 47


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.