[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There was no good anime in last 3-5 years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

File: 12609911723159659.gif (289KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
12609911723159659.gif
289KB, 750x750px
There was no good anime in last 3-5 years.
>>
That sucks!
>>
You're forgetting Umaru.
>>
when was Ping Pong?
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (58KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
58KB, 600x480px
>>157637257
Try harder.
>>
>>157637257
Wow its too bad no one could recommend you some good anime then.
>>
>>157637257
So you have been wandering around this cesspool ON YOUR OWN VOLITION for the past 5 years?
Sounds like someone needs to see a doctor.
>>
I heard boku no pico is getting a rebroadcast on NHK this winter.
>>
File: 1361250882159.png (166KB, 714x700px) Image search: [Google]
1361250882159.png
166KB, 714x700px
>>157637257
When was Mondaiji-Tachi again? Let me check... 2013.

Oh, Durarara X2 was great. So was Konosuba, OPM, F/sn UBW, Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen. Yamada-kun to 7nin no Majo was fantastic. Dog Days S3 was excellent. Cross Ange was very good. No Game No Life was fucking amazing. Sidonia no Kishi is probably the best 3DCGI anime ever made and was fantastic even compared to regular anime. Seitokai Yakuindomo* (S2) was great too. White Album 2 was really good. Kamisama no inai Nichiyoubi was very well-done. Yahari RabuCome S2 was pretty nice as well. Maoyuu was very quaint and high quality. Nyaruko W was pure fun.

For the good although not fantastic ones, we had:
Dimension W, Classroom Crisis, Overlord, Shokugeki no Souma, Amagi Brilliant Park, Chaika, Death Parade, Samurai Flamenco, Buddy Complex, Prisma Illya, Suisei no Gargantia...

Seems like a pretty big list to me, and I assembled it just going backwards by date on my Taiga watched list.
>>
There was no non-faggot OPs in last 3-5 years.
>>
Shirobako was good.
That's about it though.
>>
Actually, Umaru aired in the last 3-5 years
>>
>>157641477
Umaru was shit, I wanted to drop it in the first episode, gave it the three episodes rule out of goodwill and let me tell you, it felt liberating to end that fucking third episode. It was a fucking chore to watch.
>>
>>157641477
>Aired: Jul 9, 2015 to Sep 24, 2015
Retard.
>>
>>157641263
This post represents the state of this board.

Don't forget to sage bait threads.
>>
>>157641263
>Mondaiji-Tachi
Muh nigga. That show was so under appreciated.
>>
>>157637257
kill la kill isnt 5 years old yet OP
>>
File: 1363415967871.jpg (332KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1363415967871.jpg
332KB, 1280x720px
>>157641593
I want to fuck You
I miss the threads

Reminder that the LN is fully translated up to the last volume (12), and the first volume of Last Embryo (new LN, same author), which is a continuation of Mondaiji, is almost fully translated (7/9 chapters) on Baka-Tsuki.

It's coming along slowly but surely, the project is active.
>>
>>157641577
2015 is in the past 3 to 5 years. What's wrong with that?
>>
File: 1493591713838.jpg (287KB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1493591713838.jpg
287KB, 788x872px
>>157641879
Season 2 fucking NEVER.

I've tried but I just can't get into LNs. They don't feel the same as manga or anime to me and the experience comes of as kinda weird. I have the entirety of Spice and Wolf on my laptop but get bring myself to finish it. It sucks.
>>
>>157641925
It's TWO years ago. 3-5 does not include 2
>>
>>157641997
Reading really is a habit, you gotta get used to it by force of repetition. I'd really recommend to push forth with it and keep going, until it doesn't feel weird anymore. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

There was a time when reading manga was weird too. I remember I had a literal head ache trying to get used to reading from right to left. And it was worth it in the end, was it not?

Once you get used to it and it stops feeling weird, you'll see the advantages. There's a lot more detail since the content is less condensed. The world building and characterization is richer, the story has more interesting tidbits that are left out from both manga and anime adaptations. By the time you've been exercising your imagination muscle for a while, and you can see the entire scene you're reading happening in your mind, down to the last detail, LNs will actually feel like a richer experience than anime and manga.

Also, you have no idea how much you're missing. Did you known Izayoi gets trapped into a different dimension and PUNCHES HIS WAY OUT OF THAT UNIVERSE, SHATTERING REALITY ITSELF, back into Little Garden?
You really gotta read it, man.
>>
>>157637257
>thinly veiled rec thread
>>>/wsr/
>>
File: mefacingreality.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mefacingreality.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>ywn be saten
>>
>>157642190
>PUNCHES HIS WAY OUT
I fucking believe it. He kicked and shattered a energy beam... Fucking love that guy.

And you know what? I think you inspired me to finish S&W. Thanks wise and kind anon.

While on the subject, how are translations? Are they usually accurate and do they read smoothly? I hold the preconceived notion that they are difficult to find. Is this true?
>>
File: 05_287.jpg (249KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
05_287.jpg
249KB, 1066x1600px
>>157644427
Nice to hear that.

>how are translations
Varies wildly. There's really no telling until you pick it and read it. Some people argue that the official ones are better, but I've seen some horrors come out of Yen Press, while some fan translators like Tap do a pretty good job at making sentences that flow nicely in English and don't sound forced.

On the case of Mondaiji, the translation is fairly good on my opinion, despite we having the issue of different people translating different volumes again, and that always introduces a little inconsistency if not in quality, at least in style, but nothing that will prevent you from enjoying the read.

Out of the top of my mind, Konosuba's fan tl has been really good, Saihate no Paladin (Faraway Paladin) from J-Novel Club was pretty good too. SAO varies a bit because many different translators worked on different volumes, but the ones translated by Tap were particularly good. I heard Kino no Tabi's tl is great, but haven't read it myself. Supposedly S&W's was pretty decent too.
Mahouka is intermediary, the translation isn't bad but the sentence structure feels distinctively japanese, it doesn't flow as nicely in English, but you get used to it quite quickly, and if it makes you feel better, you think that it just brings you closer to how the original was written.

I'd say keeping expectations in check and an open mind will definitely help your experience. Actually, it helps a lot in life in general, you tend to enjoy things and see their good side more.
>>
>>157641263
>No Game No Life was fucking amazing
Fuck you, retard.
>>
File: 1421775181177.png (448KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
1421775181177.png
448KB, 600x782px
Was Aldnoah/Zero in 2013 or 2014? That was the last memorable anime that I've watched, everything after that is a blur.
>>
>>157642252
Gurren Lagann reference?

JC confirmed for bros.
>>
>>157644427
>>157644745
Oh, and if you feel like reading something that flows really well in English would help ease you into getting used to reading LNs, I'd recomment you The Belgariad series. It's a western book series that feels like a light novel, down to the way the protagonist's skills develop and the romantic interests. If Dave Eddings was alive he would probably browse /a/, it really feels like a fantasy novel written by a weeb.
It seems so much like a LN, in fact, that it was translated to Japanese and released as one. I shit you not.

The similar case in reverse would be Faraway Paladin (Saihate no Paladin). It's a light novel that feels like a western fantasy, written by a westaboo jap. It's pretty good too.

Actually, here you go: this file contains all the 5 .pdfs of The Belgariad that I read myself, maps I collected from the internet, and a world map from the book that I colorized myself on photoshop to help get a better idea of locations (interesting to have on hand while reading), and the covers that were used on the Japanese version.

I'm gonna go sleep now, dead tired, but if you'd like to continue this conversation, get some recommendations or simply talk about the good stories you read, send me a way to contact you to this throwaway email: [email protected]
>>
>>157645118
Forgot the link of the file, my bad:

https://my.mixtape.moe/aauhkv.rar

Like I said, maps, jap covers plus all 5 books of the first saga.
>>
>>157645118
>It seems so much like a LN, in fact, that it was translated to Japanese and released as one. I shit you not.
Don't they release other stuff as LN too?
>>
File: 1491002675214.png (246KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491002675214.png
246KB, 500x500px
>>157637257
I wish I could hate as easily as you. I guess I'm stuck being optimistic.
>>
>>157645245
Depends on their target demographic, but yeah, they do. In this case it was because of specifically how well it fit the seinen LN label, though.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.