[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toriko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Volume_01_en.jpg (3MB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_01_en.jpg
3MB, 1500x2250px
What does /a/ think of this manga?
>>
It's absolute garbage
>>
>>157609377
Not bad at all. Not the most creative manga out there with plenty of tropes, but it was good fun back when I read it a few years back. Sometimes you just want to read some simple fun.
>>
like all shonen mangas, at some point (very early in this case) it all become too exaggerated and ridicolous. the "oh look there is a monster stronger than the one before repeat x100" formula.
plus, characters stereotyped, story not very interesting.
the only good thing was the idea, after 10 issues it already began to feel boring
>>
>>157609377
uses the least interesting angle from HxH
>>
Good manga, went to dogshit after the end of part 1
>>
I liked it at first, but it was really idiotic.

The author has no concept of scale or proportion. Calling everything Gourmet-something turned the manga into smurfs smurfing smurfs smurfing smurfs.
It's also quite sad when the best part of a shonen fighting manga is a cardgame arc.
>>
File: 1987875654457.png (535KB, 721x794px) Image search: [Google]
1987875654457.png
535KB, 721x794px
Thoroughly enjoyed it

Bambina arc was hype as fuck
>>
>>157609853
Bambina arc was when /a/ started having weekly toriko threads on a regular basis. Yes, it was mostly shitposting about monkey balls, but then bambina shed his outer skin and everyone starts losing their shit.
>>
File: Nobody stops the Stump Punch.png (315KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Nobody stops the Stump Punch.png
315KB, 900x1300px
>>157609377
A fun read that goes way off scale around the 1/2 mark. But kept me coming back because of how absurd some things were and how much I liked the action and characters. I want to say it peaked early, but still managed to keep me coming back.

The ending was also noteworthy because it's one of the few 'axed' endings that left me feeling satisfied.

>>157609651
>like all shonen mangas, at some point (very early in this case) it all become too exaggerated and ridicolous. the "oh look there is a monster stronger than the one before repeat x100" formula.
This is so true especially when the threat level started to jump into the 4-digits.
>>
>>157609377
Plagio di plagio di plagio
>>
I remember at some point there was a giant horse who could erase all of the oxygen on Earth by breathing. That was ridiculous.
>>
>>157611910
Oh, jobber horse. Yeah he sucks.
>>
It had its ups and downs for a while, but when they started literally getting stands and stealing Luffy's moves, I just moved on.
>>
I'm at 300ish chapters and have found it to be decent enough. I'm sure it'll get super dumb the moment it starts to rush it's ending due to cancellation. Maybe my expectations for it are just low enough that I find it interesting.

After Naruto, anything looks good
>>
File: faggot.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>157609377
>can cook everything including the ultimate Acacia dishes effortlessly
>more plot device than a character
>spend pages and whole chapters jerking off at why he's such a good cook (it just works)
>spends most of his screentime crying like a bitch
>1-dimensional personality that somehow gathers people around despite contributing nothing in conversations
Komatsu ruined the manga.
>>
>>157611944
He jobbed because he was pregnant and giving birth takes priority
>>
File: 029.png (328KB, 864x1250px) Image search: [Google]
029.png
328KB, 864x1250px
Entirely worth the read only for this scene.
>>
A fun ride that ended and left us with space and the fucking gun planet. Better ending/epilogue than Bleach imo.
>>
It peaked at Mammoth Meat or Ice Hell, and then went into freefall to the depths of shit.
>>
>>157609377
good untill it went retarded.

>How did you survive that planet bursting attack?!
>food luck lol
>>
>>157609651
Honestly in the end the completely mindfucking scale of things was one of the best parts.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.