[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /a/ think of this movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: angeleggo.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
angeleggo.png
2MB, 1600x900px
What did /a/ think of this movie
>>
It's really good, very unique
>>
snoozefest
>>
>>157608750
It's fucking skitz mate.
>>
i wanna put the egg in my ass
>>
>>157608750
It's only visually appealing. Otherwise it's incomprehensible symbolism that even the director has no clue what it means.
>>
Very atmospheric so it's good in my book. Don't really care about the symbolism.
>>
I don't remember the ""plot"" at all but the artwork was very nice. Yoshitaka Amano kicks ass.
>>
>>157608750
>you have to eat all the eggs
>>
>>157611623
>obvious, straightforward christian symbolism
>too much for /a/ to handle, call it incomprehensible

I bet your brain would explode if you watched a David Lynch movie.
>>
>>157608750

Eye candy.
>>
>>157608750
One of the very few genuine anime masterpieces. Way too patrician for /a/, see >>157608874
>>157611623
>>157611796
>>
>>157611794
poseur
>>
>>157611623
I thought it was about losing his faith in Christianity or some shit.
>>
>>157608750
It's a legitimate masterpiece but I'll admit that I did fall asleep 15 minutes before it ended.
>>
>>157611861
You didn't even recognize entry level symbolism in an anime my man, you're a child.
>>
>>157611623
Have you even tried to interpret it? I think it's a difficult film but not incomprehensible.
>>
>>157608750
Pretty fucking nice.
>>
probably ok. I fell asleep both times I tried to watch it.
>>
>>157611863
I feel asleep too, I don't know if I should feel bad and if it makes me a pleb
>>
>>157608750
I didn't like it when I first saw it and that is probably because I didn't understand it. I felt the same way about Ghost in the Shell when I first saw it (it was one of my first anime) and after a time, the light bulb turned on and I just "got it".

I got that there was Christian symbolism present, but I didn't understand the context at the time.

>>157611862
I've heard about this. It's interesting if you look at the movie again with this information in mind but it still doesn't put the work in a "like" category for me.

Yoshitaka Amano's artwork belongs in picture books only, not in anime or in CGI form.

It's unique and all, but I only watched it three times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's not something I would ever watch again.

It looks like this is just something that I will simply put to the side while everyone else praises it, has it on a top ten list, and puts it in their 3x3 and looks down on everyone else who either doesn't like it or understand it. I certainly wouldn't degrade anyone else for not liking it, but that's just me personally.
>>
>>157611794
Yes, there is obvious christian symbolism. But they don't say anything or relate to each other- besides being religious symbolism. They're just stringed together with no cohesive argument or thought. You could argue that there is some semblance of a lost of faith, but like I said even Oshii said he doesn't know what it's about, and I'm saying it shows. It's just a string of symbolism with no coherent message and there's no problem with that. Like what would you say is the main point or grand statement behind this film?
>>
>>157608750
What do you care? Are you worried about not being able to fit in for having the "wrong" opinion?
>>
>>157614484
>movies need a "message" so my american brain can think it learned something from it

Pathetic.
>>
File: 1478573479506.jpg (47KB, 960x909px) Image search: [Google]
1478573479506.jpg
47KB, 960x909px
>>157614484
>brainlet
>>
>>157614484
>even Oshii said he doesn't know what it's about
That's just another way of saying, stop asking me this shit, the viewers are suppose to interpret it for themselves.
>>
>>157614932
That's exactly my point there doesn't need to be a message. Which is why it's just a string of symbolism, and that's fine like I said. It's you guys who are implying that my infantile brain can't comprehend the grand message this movie is trying to convey, when all I see is strung together symbolism that looks pretty. Like I said what would you say your interpretation is? I'm open to hear why you seem to think it's so deep.
>>
>>157615412
what's the matter ? too deep for you ? go watch baby trash like keion.
>>
>>157615612
Now you're just shitposting I'm honestly curious why you find this movie so deep?
>>
>>157614484
uuuh no its pretty clear with its symbolism which is taken directly out of the bible.

water of life, seed has to die to bear fruit, abandoning childish faith etc...

Not the director's fault you are all heathens.
>>
File: 1482312397418.jpg (58KB, 391x405px) Image search: [Google]
1482312397418.jpg
58KB, 391x405px
>>157615693
>u-ur dumb !
>p-pls explain me the movie
>>
>>157615412
It's about a theme. 99% of anime don't even have themes in the proper sense of the word. I guess I could call that deep.
>>
>>157611794
I thought it was more about a girl losing her innocence
but then I read somewhere that it was Osshi's conflict in his disillusion with his religion
I wish I didn't read that analysis because now I cant see the movie as anything more than that on a rewatch
>>
It's a masterpiece. I can recognize them, since I always get bored and drop them within 15 minutes.
>>
>>157615717
>uhh its pretty clear
>let me proceed to just name drop the visual symbols and in no way explain further on what any of it means at all besides being completely referential
muh heathen
>>
>>157617331
>brainlet
>>
>>157617383
this is the most pathetic type of posting because you dont actually make anyone mad, you just prove youre here to rile someone up and make no attempt at actual conversation.

oh i mean
BRAINLET
>>
File: 1486714085658.jpg (15KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
1486714085658.jpg
15KB, 201x251px
>>157617458
>>
File: anime skeleton makeout.gif (835KB, 336x301px) Image search: [Google]
anime skeleton makeout.gif
835KB, 336x301px
>>157617489
>>
>>157608750
I love it
>>
Vaati pls go
>>
>>157608750
>What did /a/ think of this movie

Please define what you mean by "thinkt, otherwise it is incorrect to imply /a/ has a conscience. /a/ is a board from 4chan and not a setient being.

>>157608780
Are you sure about that? Can you prove that claim or even affirm it can be proved?

>>157608874
Your informal term "Snoozefest" is a point of view arising when compared to other works of the same media. How does it compare to other works? Can you put it in words as short as one phrase alone? If not, why do you use the word "Snoozefest" so arbitrarily when you don't even say why?

>>157610907
>skitz
>fucking

Talk like an immature child and you will be treated like one. Remember that.

>>157611180
Your obsession with your sexuality blinds you to serious thought.

>>157611623
>It's only visually appealing.

In this very thread we can find someone who will disagree with your statement, why do you think it holds enough value to be considered in your thoughts of this movie?

>Otherwise it's incomprehensible symbolism that even the director has no clue what it means.

How can you be so sure? Just because he said so? If he told you it was done by instruction of aliens would you believe him too? Think about it, why should you believe him when he gives this excuse if you wouldn't believe him if he said something else. Or are you too biased to see your own faulty thinking?

>>157611710
>Very atmospheric so it's good in my book. Don't really care about the symbolism.

Do you always discard the parts of something you don't like? To be so blinded and self-serving can only lead to one's ruin by eventual betrayal. Worst of all: it will be your fault.

>>157611747
>I don't remember the ""plot"" at all but the artwork was very nice. Yoshitaka Amano kicks ass.

Are you sure you even remember the artwork that well if you cannot even remember the short and simple plot of this movie? You shouldn't trust your memory, it is clearly already betraying you.
>>
>>157620484
>falseflagging this hard
>>
>>157611765
No one has to do anything, people simply do.

>>157611794
>I bet your brain would explode if you watched a David Lynch movie.

I bet yours would do the same if it realized some people won't see anything special about it. It is too much for you to handle, no matter how obvious or straightforward our reality can be.

>>157611796
Short words for an even shorter mind, unable of construct proper criticism.

>>157611833
>One of the very few genuine anime masterpieces.

Define masterpiece. Many works have been labeled as materpieces before, from the most complex to the most casual. Saying it is a masterpiece without additional context means you just said as much as what was said in Angel's Egg: nothing.

>>157611861
So what if he is? Does that make him incorrect? Do you honestly believe a single word can discredit him or did you gave up trying to think how to do that and took the easier route? Unfortunately, there is no easier route. By simply calling him that you still failed to achieve your purpose, regardless of it being true or not.

>>157611862
Many people thought the same. Was it really your own idea or do you always go along with what other people think? Be careful with following the crowd, or someday they will lead you to your ruin together with them.

>>157611863
Who legitimizes what is a masterpiece and what isn't? You? Could you shit on a table and make it a masterpiece just by sheer opinion? Would you sleeping on top of your own shit before waking up and calling it a masterpiece too?

>>157611898
Why are you so sure he is a child? There are children who could make a better argument than the anon you are quoting or you. Maybe you should strive to be on the same level of thinking as children before trying to pretend you can think as an adult.

>>157612413
>not incomprehensible.

Do you not recognize the hardships of others? Maybe it is not incomprehensible because you have what it takes to know it, but that doesn't make it any less true to others.
>>
simply epic
>>
>>157608750
It's bad since a popular anime youtuber said it was good
>>
>>157612634
A shallow thought fueled by a shallow reason.

>>157613311
>probably ok

In short, you don't really know anything about this movie and just wanted to post in this thread, right? Maybe you should go back to sleep, instead.

>>157613370
Maybe both, maybe neither. One thing for certain: you don't know anything about this movie and never will until you learn to control yourself and stop sleeping.

>>157613962
>I got that there was Christian symbolism present, but I didn't understand the context at the time.

You think you understand it now, then? Are you even sure your understanding of this movie wouldn't change if you watched it again? Will your opinion change once more if you watch it again 50 years in the future?

>I've heard about this. It's interesting if you look at the movie again with this information in mind but it still doesn't put the work in a "like" category for me.

Why is it interesting for you if you still don't like it? Aren't you just afraid of admitting you don't like the movie at all? Why be afraid of honesty here? No one knows who you are, anyway.

>Yoshitaka Amano's artwork belongs in picture books only, not in anime or in CGI form.
>It's unique and all, but I only watched it three times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's not something I would ever watch again.

By what right do you make that claim? Why it doesn't belong in anime or in CGI form? Why do you even think it is unique? Again, are you forcing yourself to deny your heavy dislike of this movie even when it is mostly obvious?

>It looks like this is just something that I will simply put to the side while everyone else praises it, has it on a top ten list, and puts it in their 3x3 and looks down on everyone else who either doesn't like it or understand it.

Someone might do that. So what?

>I certainly wouldn't degrade anyone else for not liking it, but that's just me personally.

Why would they be wrong for doing that? What if they are right about this movie?
>>
>>157608750
Masterpiece.
>>
>>157608750
What happened to Oshii?

He used to direct fun stuff like Urusei Yatsura (forever his magnum opus)
>>
>>157608750
Boring pretentious shit
>>
File: 1031346-angels-egg.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1031346-angels-egg.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>157608750
Love it, one of my favorite anime and in fact favorite works of art in general. Probably top 10, maybe top 5.
>>
>>15761448
>Yes, there is obvious christian symbolism.

For you, perhaps.

>But they don't say anything or relate to each other- besides being religious symbolism.They're just stringed together with no cohesive argument or thought.

Are you sure there are no connections or did you just fail to find them despite your claim the symbolism is obvious? Why do you trust your own intellect that much:

>You could argue that there is some semblance of a lost of faith, but like I said even Oshii said he doesn't know what it's about, and I'm saying it shows.

You take the words of the author as your own because you trust him or because you are unable to form your own opinion with your mind? This shows why your belief in your own intelligence is blind: you let the words of a man responsible for the work influence your own thought without constructing anything out of them.

>It's just a string of symbolism with no coherent message and there's no problem with that.

Why wouldn't that be a problem?

> Like what would you say is the main point or grand statement behind this film?

Why should I say it to you when you already decided the author's opinion is your own without thinking for yourself? And more, why it should even have one? Regardless, even if there is one main point or grand statement behind this film or not that doesn't matter because it is clear you will never find the truth with your lazy way of thinking.

>>157614736
>What do you care?

Why do you ask him why he cares?

>Are you worried about not being able to fit in for having the "wrong" opinion?

Why do you assume his reason after asking him why he cares? Is it because you don't really care about his reason? Why would that even be his reason? Is it because it is the reason of someone you might know far too well?

>>157614932
What if he did learn something? Would it make him less pathetic than the person who despises others who might learn a lesson in a movie?
>>
>>157614484
>I didn't get the connections so there are no connections
So I guess if you can't beat a game then that means the game has no ending? If the creator doesn't post a walkthrough for the game then that means he didn't even create a way to beat it?
>>
>>157615115
Or maybe he is right and you are the brainlet for actually believing he is wrong about this movie. Can you even tell in this thread what is the main point or grand statement behind this film?

>>157615168
Or maybe he actually means it. How would you know? Just because viewers can interpret things in their own ways doesn't mean there isn't a correct interpretation meant by Oshii, even if he tells you that isn't the case. Don't be so ready to trust him.

>>157615412
>That's exactly my point there doesn't need to be a message.

Why not? Why this movie doesn't need a message? You make this claim but doesn't even say why, your thought doesn't need a reason too?

>Which is why it's just a string of symbolism, and that's fine like I said. It's you guys who are implying that my infantile brain can't comprehend the grand message this movie is trying to convey, when all I see is strung together symbolism that looks pretty.

Hopefully you aren't lying to yourself by pretending to not see a message that you dislike.

>Like I said what would you say your interpretation is? I'm open to hear why you seem to think it's so deep.

You claim to be open to hear, yet you don't listen to the most important opinion: your own. Why don't you let your mind construct an interpretation? What you running from?

>>157615612
Just because he doesn't see any message there you think it is too deep for him? Then he is wrong about it lacking a main point, but that means you know what it is. Which leads to his point: he asked for the interpretation of others if they can deliver it. Why did you decide to attack him instead of giving your "deep" interpretation to him? If you are correct and he is just incapable of grasping the "deepness" of Angel's Egg then you should simply prove it by posting your interpretation, right? Why run away from his request if you are right? Could it be he is right and you are wrong? Or maybe you are right, but it is just as "deep" for you as it is to him. Sad.
>>
>>157615693
>Now you're just shitposting I'm honestly curious why you find this movie so deep?

Do you label every post you don't like as shitposting before saying you are curious about their reasons? Do you even understand the contradiction here?

>>157615717
>uuuh no its pretty clear with its symbolism which is taken directly out of the bible.

Directly? Is that so? Where in the bible can you find an egg from an angel?

>water of life, seed has to die to bear fruit, abandoning childish faith etc...

Stuff that could also be found in other mythologies, not just the bible.

>Not the director's fault you are all heathens.

How do you know that? Even the smallest of animals could be responsible for a disaster with his actions, but no one would blame the feeble creature because the chain of events leading to the disasters is far too complex for their minds to understand.

>>157615746
Why not? Explain to him if you are smarter than he is. Can you even do that?

>>157616305
>99% of anime don't even have themes in the proper sense of the word. I guess I could call that deep.

Can you prove that claim?

>>157616564
>I wish I didn't read that analysis because now I cant see the movie as anything more than that on a rewatch

Why not? Is his opinion better than your own just because he is the person behind the work?

>>157617307
>It's a masterpiece. I can recognize them, since I always get bored and drop them within 15 minutes.

That is quite the definition for a masterpiece. However, it shows your strength of character. You constructed your standards on what is a masterpiece using your own experiences rather than the standards of others. By far, you are already better than anyone in this thread.

>>157617331
Why should he explain himself to you? Maybe he doesn't have the time to explain it for you, some people are too busy with better things to do than that.

>>157617383
ust because he doesn't see Angel's Egg in the same way you do? He might know other things than you.
>>
>>157617458
Why should he attempt to have a conversation with you? Do you think you are that important? Maybe your arrogance is why he doesn't want to discuss with you, ever thought about that?

>>157617489
A single picture made by a sad excuse of a man is not an argument.

>>157617516
Is that skeleton just like you: brainless and apathetic?

>>157620007
Can you even define what is it you call love?

>>157620165
Your boogeyman will never go away, he is always inside your mind.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.