[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got finished watching this. So what the fuck did the ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 16

Just got finished watching this.
So what the fuck did the ending mean?
Did Saki just not change anything in her fucked up society? Did they keep their old ways of killing kids they saw as a threat along with all the brainwashing and hypnosis?

I actually did forget about that other girl that was with the main 5 at the beginning of the show holy fuck. That really fucked me up.
I wasn't paying attention enough and by half way through I realized that girl was missing from Group 1. I can't even remember her name
>>
File: Subaru.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>157608112
zoom zoom
>>
Aslo what happened to Maria and Mamoru? It wasn't really made clear
Were they killed or did they die of natural causes?
>>
>>157608445
The former. Squealer killed them.
>>
>>157608695
but how...?
He couldn't have known where they were hiding.
In the show, you see some ratpeople digging up a grave and taking bones, but later on its revealed they perform dental and DNA tests on the skeletons to confirm that is was in fact Mamoru's and Maria's bodies that were brought to them
>>
File: 322223.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
322223.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
Im so confused about how Maria and Mamoru died though.
Was it just bad writing?
Im trying to piece it together in my head.

I think Mamoru impregnated Maria almost immediately after they ran away and decided not to go back to the village. Then 9 months later gave birth to their daughter.
What happened after she was born is up in the air. Maybe Maria died of childbirth? But then that wouldn't explain why Mamoru died as well I guess.
So perhaps Squealer did kill them but with an ambush of some kind. Then he kidnapped the baby, and presented their corpses to the Committee of Ethics, like he promised to Saki.
>>
>>157608893
Are you retarded?
>>
>>157608934
What do you mean..
>>
Squeeler forced them to have kids, then killed them so he could raise the kid making her think she was one of those rats. If the kid tought she was a rat she wouldn't get death feedback from killing humans but would from killing rats as seen when she accidentlly killed that general guy in the end. Obviously he killed the parents because he has no use for them anymore and if the kid saw humans during growing up she probably would know something was up.
>>
>>157608755
He was the one that hid them lol of course he knew where they were, he even said he would "fake bodies" but after getting a child he used the real bodies.
>>
>>157609015
>He was the one that hid them
Oh fuck, I never even realized that.
I assumed he had no idea where they were since not even Sqaunk knew either.
>>
File: Reiko.jpg (21KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Reiko.jpg
21KB, 225x350px
She was trying to do her best guys ;_;
>>
>>157609007
>Squeeler forced them to have kids
Hot
>>
>>157609007
He killed the parents to provide humans with bodies and hide the existence of a child.
>>
>>157608112
>Did Saki just not change anything in her fucked up society?

She couldn't. Their society is hanging by a thread and just a small deviation can cause the death of everyone in their society.
Notice that just by reducing the conditioning on a handful or children (the protagonists) everything almost went to hell.

It's a downer message, but that's classical dystopia for you.
>>
>>157608695
It's implied in anime that Maria and Mamoru were lobotomized and bred to give birth to their daughter. Probably dying or killed after.

Rewatch the scene where they meet the lobotomized queen. Saki later in the hut pondered about, what would happen if they did it to human.
>>
>>157610196
How would they even be capable of subduing them since they have PK?
>>
>>157611115
poison
>>
Squealer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>157611207
He did everything wrong.
His punishment was too lenient
>>
>>157611290
Fuck Kiromaru. He's a fucking natural slave.
>>
Is the bloated 45gb coalgirls release worth it?
>>
>>157611207
Except kill best girl
>>
>>157611411
>25 ep anime series
>45gb
Why
>>
File: 1447800183181.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447800183181.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
what would she change exactly and how?
they have effectively no other choice then to kill off the children before they become a thread
even a potential thread is too much of a thread already
that point was quite clearly made
>>
>>157608112
I dropped the anime the first time I watched it, because it was not what I expected. I was dying to see more of the adult world so the first part was way too frustrating, the last arc is one of my favourite things in anime though.

Some of the episode directors did a fucking fantastic job and the OST really got to me in some scenes.

My biggest complaint would be how around episode 8 or 9 we see Saki yearn for Shun and it looks like she's with Maria just because Maria likes her. Then after Maria is gone forever things are portrayed as if Saki's feelings for her were much much greater than that. I think it was just badly presented. Also that sex scene in the novel where Saki and Satoru are both thinking about Shun while fucking each other was awfully pathetic.
>>

Right before Kiroumaru dies, he said something to Maria's daugther in his native monsterrat language.
What do you think it was?
>>
>>157611290
Best boy right here, damn, he was too good for this world.
>>
>>157611411
UTW is the best translation
>>
>>157611290
>>157611553
Kiroumaru always stood out to me. He didn't look like a rodent at all.
He looked more like some kind of reptile
>>
>>157611553
Maybe something like
>I am also of your kin
After all, he was an abnormal type of queerat.
>>
reminder that everyone who sides with squealer is a disgusting subhuman queerat
>>
>>157608112
>I wasn't paying attention enough and by half way through I realized that girl was missing from Group 1. I can't even remember her name

Saki forgot her too.
>>
>>157611553
Probably something like "Im one of you" and he said it in his native language to cement the fact so she could feel the full effects of death of shame.
>>
>>157611607
Looked like a lion to me
>>
What was the most frustrating moment for you?

For me it was Saki not having any last words for Shun or even a goodbye, just saying how she can't do anything for him or her deciding to not use the bioweapon in episode 24. I understand why those things happened but it was still disappointing.
>>
>>157611850
In Episode 10 it was really frustrating how I couldn't remove Saki's pants using my mind so that I could properly worship that ass the way the animators clearly wanted me to.
>>
>>157611646
Everyone who doesn't side with squealer is a disgusting subhuman commie
>>
>>157611850
For me it was the episode with Saki trying to convince Shun to come back.
It felt really weird and out of place. I can't really explain why, but it was like it wasn't even from the same show.
It was kind of aggravating, but I just skipped most of that episode.

Another kind of frustrating moment was the lack of elaboration on the world of the adults and its background politics. I was really interested in that. It just seemed like they were half run by idiots, and the other half was run by psychos.
>>
>>157611889
says the token leftie that sides with the poor oppressed non human scum
i bet you'd side with apes if they became sentient
>>
>>157611553
>You truly were... From the New World
>>
File: 1481327421944.gif (969KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1481327421944.gif
969KB, 500x278px
How are the novels?

Also remembers people getting triggered by episode 7?
>>
>>157611943
>Another kind of frustrating moment was the lack of elaboration on the world of the adults and its background politics. I was really interested in that. It just seemed like they were half run by idiots, and the other half was run by psychos.
Same. It would have been really fun to get a story which was completely from an adult perspective in that world, the setting has so much potential.

I can understand that since the protagonists start out as kids, we learn new information along with them and we can experience that isolation and lack of knowledge they felt, but in the end it was just frustrating.
>>
>>157611955
Since it's a fucking Cambodian cartoon i can side with whoever i want and Squealer was absolutely in the right there.
>>
>>157612014
yeah you can
and it still tells a lot about what scum you are
>>
>>157611982
ewww
>>
>>157611982
That was glorious. Truly a great moment in /a/ history.
>>
>>157611982
That kiss just wasn't erotic, even if you're a fujo. The style they use for the anime and colours just make it unappealing. Notice how in ecchi there are bright colours, lots of blush and highlights and other things to make it seem livelier and more appealing? Here we have the complete opposite of that.
>>
>>157612045
What if i identify as a transformed rat?
>>
>>157612089
fits well
>>
If people can fucking seal away power and it's SUCH a problem that they have to kill children, why even let most people have it at all?
>>
>>157612071
>That kiss just wasn't erotic, even if you're a fujo.
Yeah, as an homo I didn't feel anything from SSY.

Saki/Maria was much better and cuter because it felt like all the attention was there, Shin/Satoru just happened.

The assfinger was pretty hot though.
>>
>>157612235
They don't really "seal" their power actually. They just use hypnosis and suggestion to make the children think they can't use it.
>>
>>157612267
>assfinger
Did I miss something?
>>
>>157612235
It became an arms race over the years as people with the power abused it and used it to enslave those people who didn't have it. It reached the point where the power created a class system of espers and non-espers, and eventually all the non-espers died out, went into hiding, or were transformed into rats.
>>
>>157612267
That flamboyant homo was hilarious
>>
>>157612315
I mean...it worked? I dunno a lot of shit in the show didn't make sense to me
>>
>>157612393
When Shun drops Satoru, he finds himself a new boyfriend and assfingers him at onepoint. It's a very quick scene.
>>
>>157612433
>assfingers him at onepoint
Oh, I remember, I thought it was something much lewder
>>
>>157611553
The entire ending sequence leading to his death was really bad. Shame such a good anime ended so poorly.
>>
>>157612433
He slapped him on the ass, he didn't finger him wtf
>>
>>157612506
He did, rewatch carefully.
>>
>>157608112
>So what the fuck did the ending mean?
Literally nothing
>>
File: y3xKe.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
y3xKe.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>157612506
>>157612531
It's more clear in a gif, but look where Satoru's finger is.
>>
the cantus users literally had every right to subjugate and kill the ratniggers as they pleased because they are literally unaesthetic subhumans
>>
>>157612567
Yeah its sexual, they're gay, its a main theme of the series.
>>
>>157612567
oh i guess youre right.
That's pretty gay
>>
>>157608112
The ending is kind of open with a bit of hope. Saki might be able to change something but it will be an extremely uphill battle.
Nothing is guaranteed and there's a pretty good chance that cantus users will just wipe themselves out because the power they wield is too big.

>Did they keep their old ways of killing kids they saw as a threat along with all the brainwashing and hypnosis?
Yes.
>>
>>157611547
I think she loved Maria as a friend, not in a romantic way as she did Shun. Losing a close friend can be almost equally traumatic.
>>
>>157612071
Thats because it wasn't supposed to be erotic. Its not fanservice, its a mechanism from keeping young adults from killing each other during puberty.
>>
>>157612596
>/pol/ack pretending to be retarded
>>
>>157612682
>Its not fanservice, its a mechanism from keeping young adults from killing each other during puberty.
While you're right, what kind of message is a close up of two people kissing supposed to send you? It sure isn't telling me "this is a mechanism they developed", the episode already did that with showing all teens in same sex relationships.
>>
novel>>>>>>>>anime
>>
>>157612696
I don't think most modern /pol/shitters were here when this anime aired.
>>
>>157612724
>While you're right, what kind of message is a close up of two people kissing supposed to send you?
Nothing? It's just a thing that happens when people get together.
>>
>>157612724
they explained this during the scene with the rainbow slug thing.
She compared the society of Bonobo's with humans and stated that Bonobo's fighting one another was extremely low because of their sexual freedom and how they resolved conflicts with just fucking everyone.
>>
>>157612797
Sounds like the ideal society.

I also have a boner for post-apocalyptical stories that take place in fantasy world built on the top of the old one.
>>
>>157612071
The color palette may be more muted, but their teenage character designs are classic bishounen.

I personally thought it was pretty erotic. It's rare to see so much tongue.
>>
>>157612764
I meant from a directors perspective, he obviously put focus on that scene in the storyboard. Why? Well, it's probably because Saki is seeing Shun being so intimate with somebody else for the first time so she's focused on that moment.

>>157612868
It was probably weird because their tongues aren't shaded and there's no saliva.
>>
http://shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/

How's the translation?
>>
>>157612724
It's supposed to drive the point that these relationships aren't just ones of intimacy, but intense sexuality. That's how they are conditioned to release their tension. Not through romance, but through sex. It emphasizes the comparison between their society and that of the bonobos.
>>
>>157611207
>did nothing wrong
>lost
>>
>>157610196
Im imagining a pregnant, lobotomized Maria giving birth and its really turning me on.

Her mouth agape, pouring drool as she stares at the ceiling with blank dead eyes.
>>
>>157612797
>>157613136
until today that comparision was weak because that lusty behaviour is mostly in "lab conditions", in nature bonobos isn't as lusty because they need to survive (find food and avoid to been eaten), hence having stress and violent conflicts (but not in the same levels that chimps due mayor availability of food in their habitat); if anything is more related to brave new world
>>
File: 1458940234217.png (308KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458940234217.png
308KB, 460x600px
>>157614242
You can do nothing wrong and still lose like Hitler.
>>
>>157609118
The saddest thing in the entire series.
>>
Test
>>
>>157609539
They changed many things: Their organization, they opened contacts to neighboring districts and even Korea, and stopped using the cats for 9 years. They started breeding them again at the end of the novel since the children born during the war were approaching the time of initiation, and the danger of having someone with defective conditioning was very high.
>>
>>157608112
I enjoyed how everything in this show only happened from Saki's perspective. It could only cut away to someone else if Saki was getting information relayed to her.
>>
>>157611850
The way Saki degraded throughout the series. She was such a badass as a kid but then she just got all wimpy. It sucked.

Why wasn't this popular? The story and soundtrack was honestly top tier. Plus there were some really interesting moments animation wise.

If the character designs were better (by that I mean the way they're drawn) would this have been more successful?

Also why the fuck does the manga exist?
>>
>>157619057
>Why wasn't this popular?
>>157611982

Seriously, /a/ went crazy over that episode.
>>
>>157619057

Low budget, story focused, kinda QUALITY, people complained about the first episode being slow/confusing for what I recall. Not saying I agree with them, but it doesn't have many ingredients that make an anime popular. I think first half was kinda bad, second half is great though.

>>157620883
>Seriously, /a/ went crazy over that episode.
Pretty much everyone did, I think that was the first time that homosexuality became so so graphic in a non-yaoi series.

At least male homosexuality.
>>
File: 1435836944343.jpg (45KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1435836944343.jpg
45KB, 340x340px
>>157611966
kek
>>
>>157619057
It's popular among the same crowd that Tatami Galaxy and Texnolyze are popular with. It shouldn't shock you that it doesn't have mainstream appeal like Attack on Titan or Death Note.

I'd say it's one of the more popular series to appear in 3x3 threads.
>>
Squealer was a true hero and master tactician, god bless him
>>
The OST was truly phenomenal.

https://youtu.be/QZxrckQIHAw

This is my favorite, along with the first ED

It's in my top 10 favorite anime, I honestly think it's a flawed masterpiece. With some more budget and more character development for some of the side characters it would be a 10/10 imo and counted amongst the greats.

I've got the books on my Kindle, haven't started yet since the whole thing is like 1000 pages
>>
>>157623861
Warete Ringo is arguably my favorite ED. It's so fucking good. Taneda can sing.

Honestly the series was fine. The start was interesting, the middle was boring but the last few episodes were so good that it made it all worth it.
>>
>>157612426
It works, but is useless on unstable kids. There's no point in trying to brainwash someone whose brain is already going haywire and nobody wants to know what the consequences could be. Weeding out the odd ones out is safer than waiting for all hell to break lose with no warning.
>>
>>157608112
The ending is supposed to be ambiguous and you're not really supposed to know who to side with. The tension is between rebelling against society like Squealer does, or trying to change it from the inside (tries and ultimately probably fails) as Saki does. As children nobody knows jack shit about how society works and we come to know of its horrors and its highlights. Obviously in Shin Sekai Yori the horrors are extreme but you get the picture.

The whole point is that there's no right or wrong choice. No society is perfectly just or "clean" and everyone is hiding a dark purpose. But is it worth it to preserve what's worth preserving? That's the choice it's presenting to you.
>>
>>157608112
Yep she basically just left it as a problem for later generations.

>Did they keep their old ways of killing kids they saw as a threat along with all the brainwashing and hypnosis?
When every kid is basically a mutant killing machine drastic measures have to be taken.
>>
>>157611363
That's not true. When they're travelling to the city, Kiroumaru admits that they were there looking for ancient weapons. If they could have nuked out humans, they might have. Kiroumaru just preferred to bide his time and play loyal until the queerats could gain the upper hand, preferably without violence but not refraining from it if they had to.

He was not as antithecal to Squealer as people think. It was more of a MLK vs Malcolm X sort of deal.
>>
>>157611290
Fuck off uncle molerat.
>>
>>157621212
>Pretty much everyone did, I think that was the first time that homosexuality became so so graphic in a non-yaoi series.
I still don't get how people could have been that offended by just a kiss. I get that there are still lots of apes in our society but I think that someone who watches a fantasy, science-fiction animated tv series from Japan would have a bit more of an open mind.
>>
>>157612724
It has two reasons. First it's supposed to make us feel bad for Saki, if the character sees her crush kissing someone else then she obviously feels bad and we seeing her reaction and knowing her feelings make us feel bad for her. Second is that later Saki remembers the forced exposition dump from episode 4 and the whole thing with them having bonobo monkey genes. It makes her feel like they aren't really under their own control.
>>
>>157627350
>I still don't get how people could have been that offended by just a kiss
Not saying I don't agree, but really?

Two men kissing get retarded triggered all the time. Best thing is that bitch about it while also praising how hot Saki and Maria where.

You can pretty much show any kind of fuckery in anime as long it's straight or lesbians.
>>
>>157628090
Yeah, but my point is that Shinsekai yori is an animated psychological thriller with fantasy and sci-fi elements from Japan. I would figure that a person ending up watching that would be at least somewhat open minded. Most people who have access to the internet don't even get to that point.
>>
I feel like this world could've used more episodes but at the same time I feel like the plot was dragged out too long
>>
>>157628260
yeah, I was really interested to see what the outside world was like. There were other sentient races besides the Queerrats, as well as other interesting mutated animals.
>>
File: 1495134985935.jpg (10KB, 231x254px) Image search: [Google]
1495134985935.jpg
10KB, 231x254px
>>157628202
You are overestimating the anime audience, this is not high literature, a lot of underage watchers picking it because they feel like or the girl was cute or who the fucks know, really.

Some people are completely tone deaf, like the people who watch shows clearly aimed at girls like Free, No.6 and YoI and complain about the naked boys or the homo.
>>
>>157628360
I remember being intrigued with the potential of the outside world and then you realize you're already 20 eps dealing with just queerats
>>
File: winner.jpg (22KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
winner.jpg
22KB, 660x371px
The ending meant that best boy won.
but only by default
>>
I love this series so much
>>
>>157628360
>There were other sentient races besides the Queerrats
Really? I don't remember any, the only things I recall besides the rats that talked was that genetically engineered library creature.
>>
>>157611290
No one deserved his punishment
>>
>>157629388
There were the mole people as well as frog people that were obviously intelligent.
>>
>>157629929
Huh, must have forgotten about those. Though I have to wonder how does that work? Are they also gene edited humans or what?
>>
>>157630014
Its possible that mankind experimented with a few other animals besides molerats but its just speculation.
>>
My god the number of people in this thread that didn't understand this anime at all is staggering.
>>
>>157630552
Lay it on us then big guy
>>
>>157608893
>>157608977
DID
NOTHING
WRONG
>>
>>157629438
Shut the hell up, Saki.
>>
>>157608112
>So what the fuck did the ending mean?

It means Saki went about implementing moderate changes to move society in a new direction. She realizes what they are currently doing is terrible, but also that the problem is incredibly difficult to solve. She realizes that the system of brainwashing and controlled killing they have in place is largely necessary for society to exist and actually still better than the alternative (which is people instantaneously murdering each other at the slightest whim). She realizes the mole people were/are human, but that she alone can resolve their situation biologically or politically.

Everything that happens in the show leads to Saki's understanding of the world and causes her to want to change it. She has enough influence to begin enacting small scale changes, and will likely move society in a new direction. But nothing changes in a huge way instantly for the better. That is a fairly realistic ending.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.