[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I don't get the ending
>>
>>157601803
It's literally Eva's "congratulations", what don't you get? Did the confetti not spell it out for you?
>>
Bravo Yamada.
Bravo.
>>
Why did he randomly start crying

What does it matter if he looks people in their faces? People were still shittalking him
>>
>>157601993
And he's finding the courage to face it.
God damn, can you parse any piece of fiction that's not detailed extensively in neon gel pen?
>>
>>157601803
He found meaning in his life
there just summarized it for you
>>
>>157601993
You probably missed it throughout the movie despite it being the most prevalent motive.

Self-acceptance.
>>
>>157601803
cuz it bad
>>
>>157601803
He realized he love Yuzuru
>>
ITT: autistic retards, starting with OP.
>>
>>157601803

What ending? Are you talking about the part of where the mangaka acknowledged her incompetence and just stopped?
>>
>>157601803

He got over his trauma.
>>
>>157601803
>I guess that really was a silent voice
>>
>>157601803
He opened himself up to the world and realized he wasn't alone after all.
Must feel nice
>>
>>157601803
The part where he takes his hands off his ears isn't actually happening, it's showing that he's opening himself up to other people and letting them back into his life, this the x's falling off people's faces
>>
I dont get Ueno character. She was even hitting the deaf girls mom. Wtf? She has zero respect for anybody?
>>
it was a great film 10/10 but it should have either ended at his fall or when they are hugging on the bridge. with some tweaking we could have avoided the last 15 minutes feeling dragged out.
>>
>>157603102
How? Why? You lost me
>>
Did Shouko not make any friends at her new school?
>>
>>157601993
>>157601803
Autism? Even my retarded friend that was checking her phone through the entire movie got it.
Is this the kind of people that shit on the movie?
>>
>>157601803
It's hard to relate to the characters in this movie if you're slightly normal. Everyone's so autistic and melodramatic.
>>
>>157610862
Did you have sex with her afterwards
>>
>>157611026
Should be perfect for /a/ then.
>>
>>157601803
watch the deaf version of the bdmv.
>>
>>157610398
No way, I loved the contrast between the big hollywood finale at the bridge and the more subdued "real" ending.
>>
>>157610398
>10/10

Lurk two years before posting
>>
>>157611078
Bravo Yamada
>>
>>157601803
>I don't get the ending

so you didn't watch the movie? too busy reading subtitles or something? This movie was 100% clear if you bothered to put an ounce of thought into it. WAY MORE clear than the manga I might add.

I'll spell it out for you.

MC intentionally stopped listening to and communicating with others. This happened in the scene where he covers his ears and looks at his feet. To visually represent the fact he can't look anyone in the face those X appear on people's faces. This means he's not even LOOKING at them when he talks to them (or listening really).

He has an emo persecution complex so deep he is 1 step away from becoming a hikikomori or suicide. He believes EVERYONE is talking shit about him, which is why he won't look at them or listen to them.

This is an anime about coming to age, it tells this story through the lense of "communication". We have a deaf girl who struggles to communicate with others, and we have a MC who REFUSES to.

After he wakes up, his first conversation is with shoko, and for the first time in the whole movie he's HONEST, and he LISTENS to what shoko is trying to say. You'll notice from that point on, instead of him trying to be Shoko's support to communicate and make friends, she becomes HIS support in his efforts to "hear" what others are saying and to become friends.

When he's at the school at the end, he's trying to look everyone in the eyes, and LISTEN to what everyone is saying. It's terrifying but to his surprise he realizes no one really is talking about him. The oppressive "persecuted" emo bullshit he was putting himself through was all in his head this whole time. When he realizes people aren't just talking shit about him 24/7, he's suddenly able to look people in the face and the x's fall off.

The message is "stop being so fucking emo and grow the fuck up. you're not the center of the world, no one is perfect, accepted it and move on"
>>
JUST
B
URSELF
>>
>>157610338
That's her character. She doesn't grow, she wants things to be just like back then. She's a brat.
>>
>>157601803
Then you are lost.
>>
>>157611078
What? I'm intrigued
>>
would have been better if they accepted their past and just got on their way. like why the fuck would anyone want to be a friend of Ueno or Kwai? Do the characters actually talk about anything that isn't elementary school drama? 2 hours of teen drama wrapped up in day one photoshop effects
>>
>/a/ missing the point

Guess that's given granted the board is filled with narcissistic sociopaths.
>>
>>157601803
He got cured from his social anxiety after digesting his bullying trauma. I thought that was obvious.
>>
>>157610694
You're silly
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.