[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Neone Genesis Evangelion still has a ton of staying power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: nge30943049.jpg (193KB, 1070x669px) Image search: [Google]
nge30943049.jpg
193KB, 1070x669px
>Neone Genesis Evangelion still has a ton of staying power over 20 years after the fact
how did they do it?
>>
>>157598957
*Neon*
>>
Good character and mech design goes a long way in marketing
>>
the beta homosex otakus can relate to shinji. they self insert. because their fathers didn't want them either.
>>
We made it last, not them.
>>
>>157598957
NGE is the birthplace of modern anime. It's also very good.
>>
>>157598957
Get a bunch of pretentious idiots to claim it is some deep deconstruction of the genre when it is really just a standard mecha show about giant robots fighting weird aliens
>>
>>157598957
They made a good show with interesting characters and a plot that encourages discussion
>>
>>157600686
not sure if I would say it's the birthplace but yes it is a masterpiece and is incredibly influential. key has much of the same elements and predates it, though nothing comparable in influence or sales.
>>
>>157598957
Its because anno is a fucking genius.he really have good knowledge on directing also he have a good grasp on emotion and how it workexcept maybe rei.the illness he had also help him to shape the show. He make the story godly.and dont even let me start on the ost.perhaps this anime is dare i say it masterpiece.
>>
>>157598957
Simple.

Evangelion is the greatest anime of all time.
>>
>>157598957
Evangelion is the greatest anime in HISTORY.
>>
>>157601698
It plotted a bunch of character archetypes that people inexplicably loved, despite their being used to show mentally unsound people.
>>
>>157598957
In the same way Shakespeare took a language people already spoke, characters people were already using, and stories people were already telling and turned it into something wonderful and unique that influenced everything to come afterward.

It's proof that characters are the most important focus of storytelling and that all else can be secondary if they're compelling enough.
>>
How many times have you rewatched Eva? I did my 3rd when the BDs came out and just finished my 4th.
>>
>>157601698
The rise of late-night shows happened after Evangelion success (even though eva itself aired daytime), and /a/'s idea of anime is pretty much synonymous with late-night anime.
>>
>>157603320
>(even though eva itself aired daytime)
But apparently it didn't stay there though.
>>
File: asuka-rei.png (191KB, 375x639px) Image search: [Google]
asuka-rei.png
191KB, 375x639px
>>157598957
It spawned some plenty of great doujins
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 437x336px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 437x336px
>>157598957
He's just that good
>>
>>157603295

Original series + eoe somewhere around 7

Watched the rebuilds maybe 3 times each
>>
File: Homos and Dykes.jpg (232KB, 598x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Homos and Dykes.jpg
232KB, 598x1498px
>>157598957
Omnipandering.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.