[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime completely ruined TV and movies for me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: 1472365973447.jpg (103KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1472365973447.jpg
103KB, 800x680px
I started watching anime about 6 months ago. I watched a bunch of anime before... like Akira and Miyazaki-san stuff but I never got into seasonal/serialized anime.

Anyway, these days I only watch anime and I can't stand Hollywood movies or TV shows anymore. They're just trash and garbage compared to anime. I tried watching that Logan movie but it was so fucking bad and it was bordering propaganda. It was depressing. Anime is so much more fun.

Anyone else hate Hollywood TV/Movies now?
>>
I still like older movies and TV shows, but the only thing in the last decade I enjoyed was pre-moffat Doctor Who.
>>
Anime and discussions on /a/ just made me overly critical of any media, can't watch a movie or read a book without thinking how there's plot holes or shit writing and asspulls now. Might just be autism though.
>>
>>>/a/rules/1
>>
I really like like Clint Eastwood, Christian Bale and Jackie Chan movies and watch them exclusively, probably because it's all just nostalgic to me but yes, I don't really watch movies or series anymore because they don't make me feel emotions like these Chinese cartoons do.
>>
im not a weeb, so no
>>
>>157584450
Get out of /a/
>>
Sometimes I watch a good movie and it briefly ruins anime for me. I don't really watch Hollywood though, or any TV.
>>
I enjoyed the 12 monkeys TV show
>>
I have phases where I watch one exclusively until I've caught up my backlog, then switch to the other
>>
>>157584166
Same here OP. Watching anime for 3 years now,and since then i completely lost interest in hollywood movies & other stuff,which contains irl people. I rarely watch only old movies,because now most of movies made in hollywood now are pure shit.
>>
File: 1465067412159.jpg (42KB, 271x370px) Image search: [Google]
1465067412159.jpg
42KB, 271x370px
>>157584166
It can't be helped, anime is just that good.
>>
File: mah nigga.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>157584359
>Clint Eastwood
Mah man
>>
File: 1322531108494.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1322531108494.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>157584166
>I started watching anime about 6 months ago
>>157584704
>Watching anime for 3 years now
>>
>>157584166
>6 months
>blogging
kill yourself my man
>>
> 6 months
What is this newfaggotry?
>>
>>157584656
I also do this.
>>
>>157584166
>started watching anime about 6 months ago
Sounds like nobody told you, but not only is this not your personal blog, but you have to have lurked for 2 years and watched at least 200 shows before you can post here.
>>
Sage and report garbage threads.
>>
You just found a new medium that you had ignored before and haven't hit equilibrium yet. Imagine all your favorite Hollywood movies were sitting there undiscovered. You'd go through a period of enjoying nothing else.
>>
yeah

Better Call Saul is the only TV show I can tolerate at the moment

Logan is the only hollywood movie I've watched recently, and it was barely tolerable, despite the "adopted daughter" trope that is becoming increasingly prevalent and is obviously aimed at anime/video game losers
>>
>>157584166
/tv/ here,

I only watch anime when there is nothing currently airing because there is ALWAYS something on by the natures of how cours work. Anime, in general, is too juvenile in comparison to most of the streaming, cable, network, etc. shows for me to think of it as a primary.
>>
doesn't matter whether or not you watch anime. western TV and movies are utter shit in general and you should have known this by the time you graduated from high school or so

the only good things on TV are some travel/food shows and sports
>>
File: az.png (679KB, 846x722px) Image search: [Google]
az.png
679KB, 846x722px
>>157584166
>ruined TV and movies for me
>Anyone else hate Hollywood TV/Movies now
>now

on another note, anime has made music a lot better for me. i can't listen to a lot of songs without imagining the keions singing and playing them. like these right here
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkuDq541JOo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec2yfhSgxwA
second link for muh azusa but she doesn't even wear make up !
>>
>>157586298
Don't forget Top Gear.
>>
File: salamanca.png (43KB, 299x227px) Image search: [Google]
salamanca.png
43KB, 299x227px
>>157584166
you don't watch both with a pinch of salt?
Anime can be cringy with all the EEEHHH and shit and so is western media with their overreacting with emotion and plot holes but you should accept those flaws and still enjoy it.

>>157585160
look at my pic my man lmao
>>
>>157586581
i honestly don't know what that is, but i'm thinking tom cruise for some reason
>>
>>157584166
Fuck off.
>>
Literally retarded. Cinema is far better and more advanced than anime and nothing airing right now is better than Twin Peaks.
>>
Just TV shows. It's always never ending shit and overpopulated by detective or crime shows. Still watch movies all the time.
Shit thread though.
sage
>>
>>157586666
epic conclusion to your reply's numeral designation my man
>>
>>157584166
>6 months
Post discarded. Watch seasonal shows for a few years and you'll realize it's just as bad as everything else.
>>
There will never be even a single second of anime that could even possibly even touch the least interesting second of 書を捨てよ町へ出ようby 寺山 修司
>>
>>157587056
>書を捨てよ町へ出よう
ゲイみたい
>>
>>157584796
3 years isn't that much tho.
>>
>>157587297
That's the point.
>>
>>157587325
Yes
>>
>>157586635
The British show with the cars. They go to different countries, punch BBC producers, and occasionally talk about cars.
>>
>>157584166
they have been shit for years you are just slow to realize
>>
>>157586508
Anime and /mu/ have made me a lot more tolerant to music in general. 5 years ago I would only listen to one or two genres of music and think the rest was shit, now I can apreciate mostly anything, it feels good.
>>
>>157587460
No. He's still going through the top tier entry level stuff like code geass, gurren lagann, deathnote, steinsgate, kill la kill, oriemo and psycho pass.
Meanwhile we're going through seasonal anime and that's mostly garbage and won't score above 8/10 on MAL. That's what happens when you browse the shit beneath the surface
>>
>>157587606
thats exactly what happened to me except i started only listening to one or two genres again.
>>
File: 1488204811370.jpg (50KB, 570x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488204811370.jpg
50KB, 570x388px
I started watching some murrican shit like Person of Interest, can't believe i never saw this sooner.
>>
>>157587716
I still enjoy mediocre seasonal anime more than most movies.
>>
>>157584166
No you are just weeaboo with shit taste
>>
>>157587800
It's decent until the crazy root girl shows up.
>>
>>157587863
Don't take this the wrong way, but you probably have shit taste in movies.
>>
>>157587800
>Person of Interest
my mom is watching that show
>>
Edge of tomorrow was good.
That's the only recent movie I've watched though.

>>157584359
Same here. Although no Christian Bale, just Jackie and Clint for me. Mostly Jackie.
>>
>>157588003
My dad is too. Pretty interesting premise, but it's gone on for a while, so I have no idea if the quality stays consistent.
>>
I mostly watch anime, but there's are some live action shows that anime as a medium can't match up with. Anime will never be able to create something like The Leftovers.
>>
>>157584166
There's a reason people aren't paying for cable/satelite, it's not just you, tv is 90% shit, just japan produces so much each season, there's at least 1-3 watchable things.
>>
If there's something that TV can do better than anime is mistery. I hope the new Twin Peaks season turns out to be good.
>>
>>157584166
It's going to sound pretentious, but I think hollywood hit its peak in the late 90's early 2000's. The rise of the franchise and cinematic universes gutted creative film making. There are good movies out there though.

Some random film geek suggestions.
Primer. It does time travel internal logic as well as Steins;Gate
Millers Crossing, Gangster period piece, if you liked 91 days you will love this
The Brothers Bloom - Heist/conman/character piece - the ensemble reminds me of the crew of the bebop because of how they bounce off of each other. Also a fun bit of romance in it but it's not the focus.
Nightcrawler - Dramatic suspense. One of the best "makes your skin crawl" movies I've ever seen, and it's all achieved through the writing, direction and acting. It's not fake suspense. Just thinking about the film still makes my skin crawl.
The"Leddit" 250 list is also very solid, I myself finished about 83% of the list and I used to both work for Blockbuster as well as audit film theaters.
Band of Brothers - Don't know of an anime equivalent but a must watch if you haven't already.
>>157584796
>being this edgy
>>157584166
There are a ton of good movies out there but a great deal of them are "older" movies. Anime has its significant faults that you will run into soon enough once you burn through all of the cream at the top since you only started to consume it. You are still in the anime honeymoon phase. When you crash you will realize that the best anime has to offer isn't nearly as good as the best Cinema has to offer, and further, the worst anime has to offer will make you look back at this post and cringe.

There is a shit-ton of anime out there but it's essentially dozens of studios developing their own iteration of the same story. As a long-time consumer of both, my greatest frustration with Anime is its shitty writing compared to Cinema or literature. This is mainly due to the source of most anime writing being slave-wage teenagers out of HS.
>>
>>157587716
>No. He's still going through the top tier entry level stuff like code geass, gurren lagann, deathnote, steinsgate, kill la kill, oriemo and psycho pass.
I did start with this but then I got into K-On and Re:Zero and Konosuba and many other shows and they're 100x better than TV.

I doubt I'll ever tire of it. TV and moves has gone to complete PC shit. It's garbage.

Anime's the best My only regret is that I didn't start watching sooner.
>>
thank your local CNN anchor for this thread
>>
>>157588675
>>>/pol/
>>
>>157588626
>K-On and Re:Zero and Konosuba
they're borderline entry level stuff. They're pretty good, but you can still tell the difference between them and the top tier anime.
When you run out of that, you will realize that TV and anime aren't so far apart after all.
>>
>>157588769
>top tier anime
and what is that? some obscure hipster shit no one has ever heard of?
>>
>>157588599
How is he being edgy, you fucking retard redditor?
>>
>>157588599
>It's going to sound pretentious, but I think hollywood hit its peak in the late 90's early 2000's
Doesn't sound pretentious. Just fucking retarded. Hollywood hit it's peak in the late 80s. Everything after that is abysmal trash with few exceptions.
>>
For me at least it destroys my expectation of a human girl to a point where only the top 1% qualify as a 'girl' for me anymore, the rest are just garbage desu
>>
>>157584166
Me. I was never too into "real" series/things bar a few excellents and even then I've found myself more and more inmersed in only anime, manga and anime-ish games, nothing else.
>>
>>157585160
>the "adopted daughter" trope
If that's all you got out of Logan then you didn't really pay attention. The fucking father/son relationship with Xavier was more relevant than the "adopted daughter" trope.
>>
>>157588816
go away elitist
>>
>>157588048
>Edge of tomorrow was good.
No fuck off.
>>
>>157584166

Nice blog post faggot and no, I've never been into much western television to begin with. I haven't owned a television in almost 15 years, there's no point. Western literature is another thing entirely. I still enjoy some military fiction and mystery.
>>
>>157588816
Umaru
>>
File: axatkc6.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
axatkc6.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
I don't know how anyone can pretend anime isn't just as bad, loads take the safe way because they're broke as fuck.

I spend more time just reading finished manga.
>>
The current state of movies and TV is pathetic, it's even more pathetic that people actually call this a "golden age" of entertainment. It's just sad to me that chink cartoons for little girls still have had more "deep" interesting shit to come out of them than basically all mainstream movies of the past few decades, and basically all of television ever produced in my country.

There are still good movies from the past, though anyone who actually cares will probably have already seen em all. Admittedly there is even some good shit coming out of the indie and small sized studios, but finding the quality stuff is harder than ever with how flooded with shit the market is and how unreliable reviewers are.

Though gook shit isn't the most reliable source of quality entertainment, I'd still take it any day of the week over Holyrood shit or my country's television.
>>
>>157586635
You're thinking of Top Gun
>>
>>157589151
Most anime is admittedly pretty shit, but sometimes there's diamonds hidden in the shit.

I agree Manga is overall better though, more creative freedom and a lower barrier of entry thus more quality works (though there's also proportionally more low effort pandering shit). The only problem is how little of the good stuff actually gets translated.
>>
>>157589140
that's your top-tier?
>>
>>157586834
Old twin peaks you mean
>>
>tfw magical realism, surrealism, and speculative fiction are your jam
>only people that do that kind of stuff regularly in video entertainment are the Nips
>>
Stephen King (even though the adaptions are usually not so good) and Clint Eastwood shit make up the majority of my western media at this point. Throw in some 70s and 80s movies I get from my dad, and that's it. I can't tell if Anime is too good, or everything else is just terrible.
>>
File: implying.jpg (75KB, 632x754px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
75KB, 632x754px
>>157584166

>otaku virgin NEET pandering moeshit harem isekai garbage is better than western TV and movies

Holy shit I like my animu too OP but I'm not that fucking delusional to think modern anime is anything but shallow garbage.
>>
>>157590903
Who are you quoting?
>>
>he compares to trash TV and just-turn-off-your-brain! Hollywood flicks

That's what you call cherry picking OP. What you're supposed to do is compare the cream of the crop from both mediums and see which is better. Try it, you'll find TV and film not only beats anime's best by a mile but often the best anime is derivative/influenced by western media.

You should probably also start from before 2008 if you even want a shot at this.
>>
>>157591118
>live TV beats anime at its best
I think thats debatable.

Besides it's hardly a fair comparison to compare anime, a budget and legitimacy starved medium that's only really been actively developed for less than half the time live action has, to live action which historically has been easier to get into with a much lower barrier of entry.

Also everyone borrows from everyone, the west borrowed more than a few teqniques that form the basis of modern cinematography from early Jap filmmakers, just as the japs borrowed from the west. Crediting any one specific culture for the development of art and callong all others as entirely derivative is pretty silly imo. I wouldn't for instance say that the dollars trilogy is unworthy of praise just because it was essentially started as an unauthorized remake of a Jap samurai film.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.