[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Akira Poster.jpg (110KB, 736x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Akira Poster.jpg
110KB, 736x1038px
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>157570366
With what your time is worth, drying paint is worth watching.
>>
>>157570366
Someone here once told me "you are a bad person for coming to /a/ without watching Akira."

I still havent watched but I downloaded the 25th year edition. Will be watching soon
>>
>>157570366
yes
>>
>>157570366
Only because it's such a well-known title.
>>
Watch it and find out.
>>
It's pretty good, I still need to read the manga because I heard the movie skips a lot out. The visuals are amazing.
>>
>>157570366
Personally I think it's overrated.
>>
>>157570755
No one ever says anything good about it nowadays besides the fact that the visuals and music are excellent. Can you still call that overrated?
>>
>>157570366
What are you in for?
>>
>>157570642
Ya, the movie is incoherent because it ended about halfway through the manga.
>>
>>157570366
It's a cool sci-fi action flick with really good animation.
Don't expect much more than that, but what it does it does extremely well.
>>
I watched it while tripping balls and it was absolutely phenomenal.
>>
>>157570815
I like how incoherent it is, it's very nice.
>>
>>157570831
What if I told you the explosion was only the halfway point in the manga?
>>
It's worth more than your life
>>
It's pretty good, overrated by pretty good.

Also the manga is fucking terrible.
>>
>>157570366
One of the absolute best anime ever made. Like I'm sure I told
>>157570414 however long ago, you're a bad person for coming to /a/ without having seen Akira.
>>
I just watched it last week and i was honestly a bit disappointed. Maybe it was because I had such high expectations of it for letting it sit in my backlog for so long.
The art and animation is absolutely phenomenal. The backgrounds are gorgeous. But I can't stand the old-school way of coloring things that makes everything look drab/bland.
But other than the art, the story and events are absolute garbage. The character designs are bland and everyone looks the same. Ending is unsatisfying. Everyone dies for the sake of it. Tons of shit isn't explained.

From an art standpoint, it's beautiful. From a satisfying anime experience standpoint, it's not so good. In my opinion.
>>
>>157570366
It looks good but that's about it.
The manga is infinitely better (since it has got actual content).
>>
Good animation and setting but lackluster everything else. I wouldn't really recommend it.
>>
>>157571129
I think you shouldn't give up on it, it's a complex film which resists interpretation, very rewarding to multiple viewings. I remember when I first saw it I sorta passed it off as shock value nonsense, but there's a lot to it.
>>
>>157571354
It doesn't resist interpretation, its just inscrutable. It tried to tie up loose ends with an original ending, but it was mostly unsuccessful.
>>
>>157571730
I don't agree at all, could you elaborate?
>>
>>157571730
>It tried to tie up loose ends with an original ending

What loose ends? The plot in the movie is fairly simple and pretty much involves everybody trying to get this Akira guy (who ascended into pure energy) to show up and then when he finally does he takes Tetsuro with him into being an entity of pure concious energy.

That's why the final dialogue in the movie is Tetsuro's energy realizing who he is; "I AM... TETSURO."
>>
>>157571826
The movie is incomplete. It is missing more than half the plot. It had to make up almost everything about Akira, for instance, as he isn't really introduced until the second half of the manga. The movie's theme (if it has one), about the degradation of urban society is also counter to the manga's, which ends with the redemption and renewal of Tokyo.
>>
>>157572002
Which parts of the movie are left incomplete?
>>
>>157572094
The whole second act of post-apocalyptic Tokyo. Tetsuo and Akira's dictatorship. Kaneda and the Colonel (actually a good guy) finding common ground.
>>
>>157572202
When are those things referenced in the movie?
>>
>>157570982
Frankly, I did not really like the post destruction phase of the manga. Yes, the manga, deal with interesting things like Social isolation issues, still the story really gets over the top.

>Takeda lost out of time.
>Lady Miyako masterplan
>Akira himself.

The film cuts a lot of things, but at the same time manages to keep a better control of story.
Akira dissected, but still alive and powerful, is a fascinating and mysterious figure. Much more than the autistic child we have in the manga.
>>
>>157572271
If you want to be this pedantic, then I can bring up the ghosts which appear throughout the film. Those are part of the actual ending in the manga.
>>
>>157572403
I'm not trying to be pedantic, I just don't understand what you think is incomplete about it.
>>
>>157570366
I found it boring.
>>
>>157572779
Do you have ADHD??!!?????
>>
>>157572878
Nice freudian slip.
>>
File: 1494637688828.jpg (140KB, 1365x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1494637688828.jpg
140KB, 1365x1426px
>>157573110
Nani?
>>
>>157573210
I apologize, I didn't think it was a serious question. No, I don't have ADHD.
>>
>>157570366
Watch the Movie then read the Manga. Or just read the Manga.
>>
>>157570366
Once you make the blissful realization that all anime is garbage, nothing is worth watching.
>>
>>157574329
Thank for (YOU)r help, Captain Fedora.
>>
File: 1490143381259.png (244KB, 747x575px) Image search: [Google]
1490143381259.png
244KB, 747x575px
Watch it and make up your own fucking mind.
>>
A friend that tried to make go go into anime recommended this ten years or so ago. After watching it it took 5 years until i gave anime another shot. I still don't get it. Gay kids on motorcycles, those floating white leukemia infants and this guy that turns into the nip blob in the end. Visuals and music were good i guess, but apart from that its trash
>>
Yes and then read the manga.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.