[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What fucking bad movie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

I was expecting a big romance.

But MC didn't even try to kiss the girl.

It was all about self improving bullshit.

What a waste of time.
>>
>>157556192
>Waaah! I want romance!

Go back to tumblr
>>
>I was expecting a big romance
Fool.
>>
Stale bait.
>>
Kimi no Nawa >>>>>>>>>>> Koe No Katachi
>>
>>157556192
Sadly i agree, the romantic tension was inherently more interesting then all the boring melodrama.

They tried so hard with the victim complex and shock factor shit and just asshole characters but there's no real build up with any of it, it all just kind of falls flat, i was exceptionally dissapointed with that cheesy ass ending, i would have taken a generic romance over it, would have been much more satisfying, ishida and shokos relationship is the only one that is built upon, what a blunder.
>>
PEOPLE APOLOGISE AND ATTEMPT SUICIDE: THE ANIMATED FEATURE
I mean the manga was shit so I got what I was expecting. Why the fuck are people going nuts for this?
>>
Y-y-you're a fucking idiot.
>>
The movie was edited like a music video trying to cram a romance story in three minutes with neat little visuals spliced in; most of the side characters fell flat (namely the red head dude). The first half felt alright even with the enormous cuts of material, but the second portion of the film exhibited the traits previously mentioned.
>>
>>157556192
>got what he deserved
>kys memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDbMNF9Bmw
>>
>>157556192
sakugafags will defend this garbage
>>
The first 50 minutes were good then the rest went to complete shit.

This is because they added too many characters without proper exposition.

In addition several plotpoints were forced: like the festival scene.

Nishimiya's sister goes with her mom and leaves Ishida and Nishimiya alone. Problem is her mother would never leave her alone with her old school bully- this was emphasized earlier with her hesitance during her birthday party.

Also the whole camera thing was an excuse for Ishida to find Nishimiya trying to commit suicide.

These are just two of many scenes that showed plot conveniences and forced interactions for the sake of melodrama.

It sucks really because the movie had the potential to be very good. It was very genuine in the beginning apart from a few scenes (one being how his mother found out about his suicidal thoughts).
>>
>>157556488
>constant forced amnesia and unwriting journal, evidence destroying comet

I mean, I know it was a god, but if it just wanted to save the fucking town, all it had to do was not keep fucking around with their fucking memories.

The god was literally just a fucking plot device for as many plot twists as possible.

It was so fucking contrived.
>>
>>157556192
I want kissfags to leave. Now we have anime only kissfags this is fucking unbearable.
>>
>>157556488
No Kimi no Nawa was worse... Not that it's saying much. Both sucked.
>>
>>157561475
>Also the whole camera thing was an excuse for Ishida to find Nishimiya trying to commit suicide.

>What is suspension of disbelief.

Every coincidence is not a bad thing anon. You're just nitpicking.
>>
he should have kissed ueno in front of shouko
>>
>>157556192
I'm pretty sure that's what this story was about.

Self improvement, people make mistakes in life and when you actually can admit you did something wrong. You try to make up for it in your life.

Im really sorry you didn't get your kiss scene but the relationship between shoko and MC was only the second point of the movie.

This was about him getting over his past mistakes and forgiving himself/making up for it.

It takes a brain to see good writing though.
>>
>>157556192
>shippers

No tears sweeter than theirs.
>>
>>157556192
>But MC didn't even try to kiss the girl
Japan lad
>>
>>157556192
>expecting kisses from anything kyoanus
>>
ueno a cute
>>
>>157561259
>sakugafags
But the animation is mediocre or even shitty in some scenes.
>>
>>157556488

>Your Meme

haha
>>
>>157559558
Sums it up pretty well.
>>
>>157556192
nice bait
>>
And then they make some shitty movie and he cries.

What a fag
>>
>>157556192
>a male kissing a female in a kyoanus work
Anon...
>>
File: 1490899108321.jpg (46KB, 490x447px) Image search: [Google]
1490899108321.jpg
46KB, 490x447px
Watch the better movie, Kimi no na wa. It sold better too!
>>
>>157561475

> waw waw they didnt stuff every page from a 7 volume manga into a 2 hour movie therefore its shit
>>
>>157567365
It shouldn't have been a movie in the first place.
>>
>>157565423
>>157566643
>What is Haruhi
>>
>>157556192
>self improving is a waste of time
People need self-improving. Not everyone is a perfect human being like you.
>reddit spacing
Oh.
>>
>>157556192
>I was expecting a big romance
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
File: ruru.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ruru.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>157565423
>>
fuck you I liked it.
>>
>>157567974
me too anon
>>
>>157556488
Kimi no na ha is a 4/10 I'd give Koe no Katachi a 5.5/10 at least it didn't have to rely on plot holes to advance its story
>>
>>157556192
>I was expecting a big romance.
Then you were the problem, retard.
>>
>>157561475
I'm actually surprised you didn't mention him waking up from the coma and walking to the bridge and finding her there.
That was way more contrived than any of the other stuff.
>>157567974
Same. Objectively it was decent but subjectively it was great.
>>
>>157562824
The script was a mess, the movie completely lacked focus. This is not good writing, anon.
>>
>>157565732
That's not true.
>>
File: 1492132797856.png (205KB, 520x770px) Image search: [Google]
1492132797856.png
205KB, 520x770px
>>157556192

>read manga
>it starts off good and then devolves into total dogshit

>movie gets announced
>tell people that it's going to be total dogshit just like the manga
>"LOL NOPE THEY'RE FIXING IT NEW ENDING"

>movie comes out
>it's total dogshit
>people are now making threads pretending to be surprised about the fact that something based off total dogshit source material is itself total dogshit

Sasuga /a/
>>
>>157569298
Could you elaborate?
>>
This flick was fucking awful. It dramatises having a disability in such a fucking retarded way. One could even say it romanticises having a disability. It's melodramatic in the most awful fucking ways. The characters are NOT characters, their behavior is script catalysts for the most retarded dramatic events to happen. Nothing they do makes sense. And i'm not saying that in a "children/teens should be able to make rational decisions" way, i mean they literally don't act like people, regardless of what age they might be.

I mean, the story itself is already pretty shit but it's made even more fucking awful by Kyoani cutting out the little character development there was which caused characters like Mashiba(?) and Natsuyama (?) -- or whatever their fucking names were -- so fucking shallow.

Fat kid just seemed like a fucking lonely creep who doesn't actually understand what it means to connect to people and only clings to Shoya because he's the only one who was ever kind to his fat ass, yet talks as if he knows everything about friendship and has found a true friend, and red haired dude just comes out of nowhere, wants to be friends, then 20 minutes later on the bridge goes "I thought we were friends..."

This is an awfully paced, awfully realized adaption of already exploitative (topic) and pretty mediocre (writing) source material with incredibly beautiful animation

It's a 7 or 8/10 based on anime standards, and a 4/10 based on film standards.
>>
>>157570130
>3DPD
Fuck off.
>>
>>157570159
Nice retort
>>
>>157570130
I feel like I have seen this posted before
>>
>[horribleSubs] Koe no Katachi - 00 [1080p]

Who did they rip it from?
>>
>>157570706
This movie's getting a lot of meme pastas.
>>
>>157570728
UK iTunes, I believe.
>>
>>157556192
Don't worry, eventually he will get a piece of that sweet deaf pussy. Imagine the retarded screams that she would do when they fuck, damn son.
>>
>>157569246
I think I blocked that bridge scene out of my mind, it was so stupid. And they saw a same dream too? So much bs for the sake of making it look like MC and Shoko are somehow magically meant for each other.
I still thought it was alright though
>>
>>157556192
I wouldn't even mind there not being any romance if that confession scene didn't exist.
It would feel half-assed in any story to let that have no consequencesbut it's especially bad in this case since it seemed to me like learning to properly communicate her feelings was supposed to be an important part of Shouko's character arc.
>>
>>157561475
>This is because they added too many characters without proper exposition.
Hmm, I wonder why that is.
>>
File: 1494687991779.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494687991779.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>157556192
>esl
>redditspacing
>>
>>157556192
literally 'urmuhgod i want to bang this retard girl so im going to make up shit about her to make her pathetic enough to want me' the manga.
>>
>>157574144
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>157574184
Yes. From your mom
>>
>>157567365
>>157571834

It's that hack director, if the bitch wasn't retarded she would rework the plot and focus completely on the characters that actually mattered in the film.
just cut mashida, sahara etc, they do nothing for this movie except for forced unjustified drama, the film cut all the relationship building between ishida and 90% of the cast, yet still recreated those pivotal character conflicts as if the build up and relationships where there.

This movie would have been a negative 1/10 had they kept the mashiba punch scene, it's still insulting that the bridge scene played out almost exactly like the manga though, fuck what a mess.
>>
>>157556490
>shock factor shit and just asshole characters

This is what really turned me off from the movie. Some really heavy handed stuff in there. Especially Ueno. Her character showed barely a human trait. She was as believable of a character as Lisa from The Room.
>>
>>157567974
>>157568141

It's okay to like it. Just like it's okay to like Kimi no Na Wa.

But it isn't hard to understand why people would dislike either of those movies.

I for one, disliked Koe No Katachi, I thought it fell short creating enough likeable and human side characters, and the Xs on peoples faces was just 2cheezy4me. But then I was able to swim through all the cheese and enjoy Kimi no Na Wa. But I still like 5cm/s better
>>
>>157571795
>it seemed to me like learning to properly communicate her feelings was supposed to be an important part of Shouko's character arc.
It is. How do you think she got the gang together again?
>>
Yamada doesn't care about plot points or about telling a complete story, she wants to convey the feeling of the work. I don't mean the feeling of impact from the character's stories but the feeling of the sensory experience through obscured visual symbolism, lighting, auditory vibrations and staging. She has characters existing with human and relatable traits (I know many Uenos and Kawais in the real world) but not necessarily with purpose or tied to the narrative and because the film is tied to Ishida's perspective, you only get a very small slice of their life. If you are a fan of the Koe manga as a story then this film is not for you. By the time Yamada is 50 and cynical, she'll probably be Godard tier, completely non-narrative.
>>
>>157556192
Are the subs out yet?
Where can I get a good print of the film now that nyaa is down?
Sorry guys been out off the loop for a while...
>>
>>157574906
It seems like she's moving away from that though. K-On and Tamako Market were more like that, while Tamako Love Story and Koe no Katachi are more about straightforward character arcs for the protagonist
>>
>>157575450
Idk Koe no Katachi was significantly more cryptic and artsier than her shows and I think you're confusing the appearance of slow slice of life narratives with non-narrative ambitions.
>>
>>157574906

Then it's a shit film and should have been a 12 part series instead.
>>
>>157578412
Nah I think you're just not used to more artistically serious film.
>>
>>157578562
Yamada's current expertise and strength is in the ~24 minute serialized show format. She made a lot of rookie mistakes with Koe no Katachi that anyone who isn't stuck in a moe anime stupor will see coming in from the outside. These criticisms have been proliferating in the last few days in acceptance. Maybe she will do better next time, despite what larpers claim, the film did well enough to warrant giving her another go. I'd love to see her grow as a film director as I don't think anyone else in anime can do women/girls better than Yamada.
If she set out to make a proper romance and not do a shit adaptation of the source material, I think it would eclipse Kimi no Na Wa, but only if she grows as a director.
>>
>>157579760
Could you name some rookie mistakes she made? I feel that this is her strongest and most mature film by a long shot.
>>
>>157579760
No her shows don't come near the cinematic expression found in Tamako Love Story or Koe no Katachi. I generally don't see these so called issues people have with Koe as legitimate and I'd definitely say it's a considerably better crafted and deeper film than Kimi no Na Wa. She made this film her own and it's only natural a visual equivalent to top 10 pop song would be more successful than an art film.
>>
>>157556192
i'm afraid to tell you that you abjection makes no sense
>>
>>157579978
Her strongest film, definitely, some rookie mistakes:
She doesn't understand how to use pacing, fast or slow, to convey emotion yet. She didn't use cut or scene length dynamically. I've written this elsewhere the last couple of days but her first ~20 minutes were great, but that's because the first 20 minutes were trying to tell a story that matched Yamada's natural tempo. "how do I fit a story arc into ~20 minutes? Oh, right, I do that as my fucking career." -it's why it's so good.
What she doesn't realize is that a film isn't a bunch of 24 minute episodes stitched together. She tries to use quick cuts during the dream sequences but she doesn't have a master's feel for it, like, say, Satoshi Kon had. But the quick cuts weren't really an issue for me. It was the lack of any pauses to breath. I know people will hold onto their adoration of Koe no K., but as an exercise, if/when you rewatch it, try and pay attention and see if there are any "comfy scenes" in length. I don't mean in subject matter, but length, short or long. With the exception of *maybe* the unofficial date, all the other scenes felt about the same length. It felt like Yamada was scared to let a cut sit too long for fear of losing the audience or something. The way you set up a long cut to not lose the audience when you want to convey either pensiveness or suspense is to front-load the context so the audience is "waiting on baited breath" for the answer. She fumbles this hugely with the balcony scene. Time wise, there was no suspense, either from short cuts or long cuts. All the cuts "felt" the same length and they did not "feel" any longer or shorter than anything else in the film except the first ~20 minutes.
Another "rookie mistake" was not taking control of the adaptation of the manga enough. I don't know if it was her bosses who made her include all of the absolutely unnecessary characters or if it was of her own volition, but it was a mistake.

cont.
>>
>>157580422
cont.
The adaptation should have cut the blonde guy completely, merged the blonde girl with sahara somehow, and cut the red-head guy. I get that they had important roles and were included in arcs in the Manga, but in the film they are completely useless and a waste. From what I've heard the "Circle of firends" were more complicit in the bullying, or there was more justifiable context as to both why they bullied (something about ruining a film) as well as why Ishida being thrown under the bus was a huge betrayal which would have justified his later rant and lash out about the betrayal on the bridge. From within just the focus of the film, ignoring the manga, his bullying comes off as not only comically villainous, but his then later reaction to being betrayed makes no sense. That the initial story needed was Nishimiya ruining something, even if it's only a 2/3 cut short sequence, of the circle of friends by accident. Maybe play up Ueno's jealousy during middle school even if it wasn't in the Manga. The motivations don't at all read clearly and between all the extra undeveloped characters it's just The Bully and his regret: the film. The adaptation didn't cut enough - which is a very rare criticism of adaptations. The film needs to be able to stand on its own contextually without needing to read forums and a manga if it wants to be called a film.

cont.
>>
>>157579760
Could you name some rookie mistakes she made without using a tl;dr pasta?
>>
Bad sense of pacing.
horrible adaptation of source material
treating film like a 12 episode anime in scene length. instead of a single 130 minute film.
unclear character motivations (adaptation problem)
>>
Romance was never going to happen. Shouko never felt that way about Shouya.
>>
>>157556309

>Implying that Tumblr hates a story where the evil bully boy get harassed into submission and begs to the innocent handicapped girl for forgiveness

And if that wasn't here is also race mixing
>>
Can we all agree that Kawai is a fucking bitch and need a good dicking ?
>>
>>157582475
No and yes, respectively
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.