[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suisei no Gargantia | Wasted Potential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Let's waste the following:
>a comfy and cool and setting
>a mildly interesting world
>really cute girls
By making these mediocre to terrible:
>the plot
>the pacing
>the characters
>the mech designs
>and the CGI
This looked so cool. But hey, at least best girl Mayta exists.
Tell me, /a/: what anime fucked up this hard for you personally?
>>
>>157552318
What the fuck are you talking about? Gargantia was good. Especially in the final act.
>>
File: (You).webm (603KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
(You).webm
603KB, 854x480px
>>157552318
Keijo managed to flop so badly that it got the relatively successful manga cancelled.

Yes, I'm bitter.
>>
>>157552389
>keijo flopped
how on earth did that happen?
>>
>>157552375
>good

The second half was a pretentious sack of shit commenting muh relijoon and muh puritans
>>
>>157552453
It was absolute shit, maybe?
>>
>>157552318
Honestly outside of the designs and the robot being pretty cool, it was pretty shit. After they all started nagging him for saving them from the pirates, you should have given up.
>>
>>157552513
I don't think that ever stopped any anime from selling.
I guess Japan just has shit taste.
>>
File: 1491434978208.jpg (79KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491434978208.jpg
79KB, 960x720px
>>157552375
My fucking ass. The transition between the two arcs was terrible, and god fucking damn was everything in the latter half predicable and generic. Terrible. Also, the relationship between tanned-chan and space-kun (Already forget their names even though I have a figurine of the tanned bitch.) developed way, way too fast--unnatural as hell.

>>157552581
Yeah, I know I should've, but I loved the everyday life of the fleet. As I said, the setting and world really was right up my alley. I was just hoping by some miracle it would end on a high note. Instead I got some potent cancer.
>>
>>157552589
I always find the manga (If it's the source material.) to be a better medium for ecchi unless the anime has good production values. Even then, the manga usually shows more and is more titillating.
>>
>>157552769
Space wars or water world SoL would have been cool. Muh squids was just shit.
>>
File: 1495124768515.jpg (17KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
1495124768515.jpg
17KB, 271x186px
>>157553114
Exactly! Just have the show center around whitey integrating into the fleet's society, romancing the tanned belle dancer (That seen is delicious regardless of how crap the show is.), and piloting his mech into some small fights with pirates and underwater lifeforms. That's all they needed to do, and I would've bought the BRs.

>Muh squids was just shit.
I'm not a smart man. Most of the time when I'm watching or reading stuff, I miss out on a lot due to being thick as a brick. But somehow these retards created a plot so generic and stale that I guessed what was going to happen. Not only that, but I highly doubt these the fucks that survived on Earth would revere muh squids. Absolutely pantsu on the head retarded.
With all that said, I want a sequel on the off chance of some SoL of the fleet.
>>
This show was a perfect example of what happens when you give Urobuchi a show to write.

>Gen Urobuchi explained on the official website that the message of the story is aimed towards those in their teens and 20s, who are either about to enter into society or recently have, and is meant to cheer them on and to encourage them that "going out into the world isn't scary".

A pure line of bullshit solely to set up LE SHOCKING TWEEST which was obvious almost from the start once you knew he was writing it. The guy is a M. Night Shyamalan-level hack with exactly one thing in his bag of tricks which is why he uses it on everything. Still mad they wasted Naruko Hanaharu's character designs, a fine soundtrack, and some good animation work by Production I.G. on this thing.
>>
File: 1480845629001.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480845629001.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>157554775
But how is that possible when Aldnoah.Zero and Psycho-Pass are masterpieces that got better as they went on and ended better than they started?
>>
>>157554775
Has he ever done a big twist besides THE X WERE HUMANS ALL ALONG?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.