[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it fucking impossible for nips to create Toy Story? Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 16

File: CoIQWFgXEAAqFOy.jpg (25KB, 686x356px) Image search: [Google]
CoIQWFgXEAAqFOy.jpg
25KB, 686x356px
Why is it fucking impossible for nips to create Toy Story? Literally 60 FPS in one shot and 10 in the next. Or often times the same scene.
>>
>>157534075
Japan IS good at 3DCG. They just have most of their talent and budget directed towards video games rather than animation and live action movies. For what it's worth, I think the BLAME! movie looked great.
>>
>>157534125
The only good 3D animators in Japan work for Square Enix, Capcom, From Software and whatever games Kojima works on.
>>
Has there been a good Japanese 3dcg show in the past year or so?

We get shows that looks like shit like Ajin or knights of sidonia, or appregio just of the top of my head then stuff like harlock and Gantz and now Blame which could at least pass if the frame rate was better.

Im actually curious because i feel like watching maybe a anime movie with good 3dcg.
>>
Fucking this. I don't really mind CG to be honest but atleast make it smooth as fuck. Watching CGI in 10 fps is just atrocious.
>>
They actually do the "lower fps" stuff on purpose to make it look more like "normal anime".

It's pretty dumb.
>>
>>157534396
Maybe it's an uncanny valley or something. When 2D goes from low>high FPS, it's fucking amazing and makes you cherish the scene. When CG goes from low>high, you wonder why it doesn't do this he entire way through and resent the transition.

I think there was a point in 2D while in 3D, it's blatant limitation in production.
>>
>>157534075
CG is inherently bad, irrespective of its quality. So, yes, it's killing anime.
>>
File: blame-netflix.jpg (74KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
blame-netflix.jpg
74KB, 1200x675px
>>157534291
What is even restricting smooth animation? Does my DVD player have a fucking GPU that I need to overclock or more RAM to install? WTF? I just wanna immerse myself in a shitty movie with a pointless ending.
>>
File: Gantz GEEEE.webm (615KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gantz GEEEE.webm
615KB, 1280x720px
>>1575342
Was pretty good animation wise, you probably wont understand much if you didnt read the manga though.
>>
>>157535877
was meant for >>157534226
t-thank 4chin
>>
>>157534182
Kojima has his team working it. Oh, and he also have friends from the west.
>>
>>157534075
Budgets are a thing. Lurk more retard.
>>
>>157534226
>Has there been a good Japanese 3dcg show in the past year or so?
Look no further senpai
>>
>>157534182
>From Software
>good 3D
C'mon, it's not bad but being able to create charater models is a prerequisite
>>
AOTS this season, a rare gem, once in a blue moon animu, unironically good animu.

Project Kado.
http://youtu.be/1JFRmFp4s60

They're using Unity Engine instead of the usual Autodesk Maya. And it is made by Toei's CG department, the best in the industry, because they're the richest anime studio out there. Gantz: O movie is crap when compared to their CG works.
>>
>>157539391
Eh, they've done alright before.
The doll in particular, and most of the other people in Bloodborne, didn't look quite as uncanny as Dark Souls NPCs.
Their monster models are fucking fantastic, though, even before Dark Souls. King's Field had an amazing bestiary.
>>
>>157534075
Because they have wallowed in the confined cesspit of purient interests. They are both the architects and wardens of their own stagnating degeneracy. Only when the hellfires of of an inverted population finally crush the morally lascivious cancer that plagues the pacific rim will there be a people who arise from the ashes of Sodom & Gomorrah. A newer people, a better people, a people capable of learning the 12 fucking principles of animation.
>>
>>157534125
animation looks choppy as fuck though
>>
>>157539450
Looked like BL/fujoshit so I didn't pick it up. Looking at the threads I was probably right to.
>>
>>157534075
>60 FPS

Waste of money doing anything above 30fps.
>>
File: jojolegs.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
jojolegs.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>157534075
Pretty much all anime since the 60s use so called "limited animation" for budget and style reasons. You don't like that animation style? Perfectly fine, no arguing taste.
But what the flying fuck are you doing on /a/ then?
>>
>>157540907
It's CGI anon, there's no excuse not to use a consistent framerate when you don't even have to redraw every moderately complex movement.
>>
>>157540321
It's cgi ,it can't fucking cost much more
>>
>>157534075
TS budget and Blame budget are likely two digits apart at the minimum.
>>
>>157540983
No need for excuses. They WANT to use limited animation.
See:
https://youtu.be/yhGjCzxJV3E?t=2034
>>
>>157540003
It's not, one of the main character is genderless.

/a/ is just full of fags/fujos, they have a dedicated thread just for them, they flock on threads with good looking fags. This isn't another MAPPA's YOI or Deen's Rakugo, hard-on fujo pandering.

I first thought Fune wo Amu is fujoshit judging by the art, but it's not, it came out as a good unique anime.

If you're a fag, scared of male fanservice, don't watch episode 0, there's only one fujoshit scene from the entirety of the show, and it's not gay.

This project is about hard science fiction,and an intelligent one, a rare occurrence in anime industry. It's also well directed and well written.
>>
>>157534075
>Literally 60 FPS in one shot and 10 in the next.

>ITT: retards

They do it on purpose, if you don't like it then that's fine but it's not going away. Japanese don't like it when anime looks like western cartoons, the audience doesn't like it, animators don't like it either.
>>
>>157534182
Nintendo has decent animations. I think that it is a large part of their (and Blizzard's) charm.
>>
>>157542570
>They do it on purpose
That's probably true, but
>Japanese don't like it when anime looks like western cartoons, the audience doesn't like it, animators don't like it either
I sort of doubt that this is true. Maybe you have a few people who feel that way, but I honestly refuse to believe that the majority of Japanese feel that something like Blame or Sidonia looks better than, say, Gantz:O. It's just impossible.
>>
>>157540907
>>157541535
The problem is that Polygon Pictures don't really know how to use limited animation. Limited animation isn't just not doing all the in-betweens (wich is essentially what they are doing), it's using strong poses to convey movement so that you don't need as much in-betweens in the first place.

In short, contrary to the team that worked on Guilty Gear, Polygon Picture doesn't have enough people who really understands limited animation.
Especially the part where you're not supposed to have everything with less frames. Scenes with small and subtle movements needs more frames to looks good, while you can go crazy and do less inbetweens for actions scenes.

That said, they were at their best in this movie. Some scenes looked really good animation-wise.
>>
Toy Story 3 > 1

Come at me bitches.
>>
whats the point? human eyes cant even see beyond 30 fps
>>
>>157542846
>>>/tv/
>>
>>157542883
That is complete and utter bullshit. Google it or something.
>>
>>157542883

whats the point? human eyes cant even see beyond 24 fps
>>
>>157542966
Eyes don't see in frames, retard. So they can't see beyond 30fps...
>>
>>157542463
>/a/ is just full of fags/fujos, they have a dedicated thread just for them
That is a tumblr cesspool general that shouldn't even be allowed on /a/. It should be stuck on /trash/, /b/, or /y/.
>>
>>157534075
did you have any fucking idea how much a pixar or disney movie for that matter cost?
>>
>>157542883
That's wrong. 25/30 fps is only the minimal rate at wich our eyes will start to see multiple pictures as one continuous movement because they can't keep up with the speed. In reality you can go even lower (12 fps) because the viewer will still understand the movement, wich is what a lot of anime does actually.
You can easily see the difference between 30fps and 60fps because your eyes are still not fast enough. The only thing that can happen is that at some degree of fps the movement become so smooth that having less or more frame makes barely any difference.
>>
>tfw Polygon and Disney will never make another season of Tron Uprising
Shit was cash and it ended on a cliffhanger ;_;
>>
>>157534075
Do you know how cheap nip animation films are?
Only ghibli puts any kind of real budget into their films.
>>
>>157540907
They make it work in 2D by smearing, squashing, stretching etc. Over emphasizing and pushing forms so that they read with a minimal number of frames. If you have porcelain dolls running around a google sketchup environment at 12fps it looks like a shitty, laggy ps2 game.

In any case, aiming for a style that comes from cost sutting is stupid, evolve.
>>
>>157534182
>Capcom
Their MH animation, even with low poly models on a tiny screen with limited resolution, is amazingly expressive.
>>
>>157541305
Yes it does. More frames also means you need to pay more attention to making motion look realistic. At low frame rates your brain interprets it as a sequence of snapshots and fills in the gaps that should have happened in between. at high frame rates it basically takes the stream of images as-is and will spot inconsistencies.

Why do you think 12fps action sequences with smeared characters work fine without your brain screaming "people don't bend that way" every moment?
>>
File: kirakira precure ed1 ear sway.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kirakira precure ed1 ear sway.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>157542811
>Blame or Sidonia
tries to be manga style. i'm not saying it's succeeding. but that's the goal.

>Gantz:O
does not

>>157534182
you're forgetting someone here.
>>
The low framerate looks fucking retarded, especially when most other shit is much higher.

>b-but muh japs want it like that

Gonna need some sources on the actual Japanese viewers wanting this janky ass CGI. As far as I know, it's the actual animation studios that are sticking to it because they're terrified of breaking muh tradition.
>>
>>157534182
>implying there isn't anime with great CG
It is rare but it happens.
>>
File: 1490325530084.png (442KB, 791x722px) Image search: [Google]
1490325530084.png
442KB, 791x722px
>>157543048
Then tell what glorious Japan's Toy Story is, because all the 3D I've seen is fucking shit. Hell, even RBWY looks better than the majority of jap shit including OP and it reusing shit from the early 2000's.
>>
@157547546
>RWBY looks better than Blame
Gotta try harder for the (You)s.
>>
At least RBWY is consistently shit. Blame will play like fucking Crisis on the Xbox 360.
>>
>>157542816

to be fair, when you do 3D you need good artists AND programmers. Or maybe that unique breed of artists that know some scripting.

But animators alone, it won't make it.
>>
>>157544421
The biggest issue that the Japanese "CGI Anime" effort is missing is the minimalist nature of facial expressions in 2d/hand drawn art. They've been trying to get the minimalist look into 3d cell shaded models- but that's the problem, the 2d minimalism is also interpretive as you animate. -example, anime-side-mouth. Facial animations in Anime tend to be closer to gesture drawings than anything else. You can't "gesture" 3d model assets.

It's a dead-end endeavor that will lose out to China sweat shops filling in the gaps between set keyframes.
>>
>>157542570
The fuck are you talking about? Japs fucking love Felix the cat. Back in the 50's, you couldn't tell west/east animation apart.
>>
Polygon digital are good at what they do and many of them used to work with video games blame the director it's an intentional choice to drop the fps, having ultra fluid fps means they're more likely to hit the uncanny valley unless they spend ages working on their animation so it's cheaper to just drop the framerate.
>>
>>157548128
See >>157545764
Toei does it well enough somehow, there are also Jojo OPs.
>>
File: gojira.jpg (41KB, 369x400px) Image search: [Google]
gojira.jpg
41KB, 369x400px
How bad will the Butcher's Godzilla film be?
>>
>>157534075
Wasn't Gantz:0's CG pretty good? Also, the people that did the CG movie and ED for GoPri are pretty good.
>>
>>157548738
Pretty bad, but that's because he shouldn't be allowed to write for anything that's not a VN or novel.
>>
Recent CG TV Anime Usage that hasn't been eyecancer:
-Post Episode 3 Kemono Friends
-Kado
-ID-0
-Use of CG in Active Raid

All of these use different methods and are different studios but still look passable/comfortable to watch. The real redpill is that Polygon is what makes BLAME look like shit, not CG.
>>
>>157548128
>example, anime-side-mouth
Just swap in another mesh for that part of the face. they're working on emotes too, I've seen >.< faces at least.
>>
>>157541535
It's stupid, intentionally or not, and it looks bad.
>>
it´s so hard to put a 60fps filter for everything?-
>>
>>157551247
>60fps filter
???
>>
Even interpolation would look better than 3DCG does in 12 fps
>>
berserk 2006 is a pretty damm good anime.
>>
>>157551470
maybe he's talking about SVP
>>
File: 1481973412588.jpg (242KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481973412588.jpg
242KB, 800x800px
>>157534075
>Japan
>60 fps

They are just used to 30 fps or lower.
>>
>>157551764
i bet they don't even know about 60fps since no one plays on pc there
>>
>>157551764
At least Automata ran at 60 fps for the most part
>>
>>157551247
>>157551502
>>157551582
I actually watched it with SVP. The framerate is still very low in some places to make proper interpolation.
>>
>>157551862
>At least Automata ran at 60 fps for the most part
Yeah, not really. Even with the graphics and textures that unimpressive it still manages to drop frames here and there.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1495420471454.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495420471454.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>
>>
>>157534226
CG segments of Show by Rock were excellent
>>
>>157552083
looks 3d in motion can't fake that
>>
>>157552370
it doesn't look terrible though
>>
File: smear.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
smear.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>157548128
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.