[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /a/ feel about the philosophical ramifications of mecha?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1490688950306.png (141KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1490688950306.png
141KB, 300x225px
>“I wasn’t lying, Caesar. There is a story in the book too, one I was supposed to finish. Apollo was rewriting the Iliad with giant robots.”
>He half laughed. “Giant robots?”
>“You know the old science fiction stories where the pilot rides inside a giant human-shaped robot. Apollo’s Iliad was set in the future, a space war where Troy is on the Moon, with Hector and Achilles facing off in giant robot suits and smashing asteroids. It was badly written, too. If you saw a chapter, Caesar, you would laugh.”

>Apollo wanted a war of meaning, two sides embodying two futures, who would fight with respect and honor, putting their lives on the line for their philosophies, as it was when Saladin and I faced Seine and Apollo. Homer’s heroes could have that, be that important to the course of the war, because they were part god. Apollo’s future version had cyborg pilots bonded to special giant robots that only they could use, which made them overwhelmingly powerful compared to common soldiers. In Apollo’s version the gods were powerful A.I. robots, so a human pilot in a giant robot suit was literally wearing a prosthetic god. There were only a handful of pilots who could do it, so when one left or entered battle, or switched sides, that individual decision could change the face of the war.”
>Caesar breathed deep. “Just like Homer’s heroes.”
>I nodded. “Freud said all technology is a prosthetic god, a set of tools we weak humans strap on to give ourselves the powers we crave: computers for omniscience; trackers for omnipresence; medicine for immortality; armor for invulnerability; guns for Heaven’s wrathful thunderbolts. Apollo just made that literal.
>>
>>157524598
idc i just like seeing giant robots shoot each other

no need to get more complicated than that
>>
>>157524641
i prefer giant robots shooting alien monsters
>>
>>157524655
that is also good too, yes

giant robots with laser swords are also good
>>
>>157524655
A Wakening of the Trailblazer and Sidonia are the only examples I can think of this particular one.
>>
Mecha is the perfect metaphor for the war hunger inside humanity.
>>
>>157524690
muvluv
>>
Post philosophical lessons gundam has taught you

>gravity weighs down your soul
>adults shouldn't be trusted
>Girls younger than you can be your mommy too.
>>
>>157524767
I saw the Tears of Time.
Char is always right.
>>
File: 1494705956740.gif (1021KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1494705956740.gif
1021KB, 500x358px
>>157524767
>It's okay to drop space colonies on bad governments
>Understanding won't solve eachother's problems but it makes it easier
>It's fine to kill your rival's girlfriend if he does the same to you
>We can all be Gundams
>Martial Arts are the best thing for people to learn
>>
>>157524767
If you want to stop getting hit, then simply stop screwing up.
>>
>>157524940
Bright please
>>
>>157524950
It was actually Quattro that said that.
>>
File: 1488334586417.png (134KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
1488334586417.png
134KB, 299x299px
>>157524986
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.