[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck am I supposed to read manga, /a/? When I was new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: MangaPanda.jpg (39KB, 441x262px) Image search: [Google]
MangaPanda.jpg
39KB, 441x262px
How the fuck am I supposed to read manga, /a/?

When I was new to it, I tried the buyfag route. Little did I know something "official" could have censorship, typos, errors, and endless memelations. I bought D-Frag - ruined. Dorohedoro - ruined. Monster Musume - ruined. Mahoutsukai no Yome - ruined. Then countless other releases that had typos and errors out the ass. Only 3 series I ever bought were of good quality.

Scanlations. Could be a team who knows what they're doing, Could be a couple of 15 year old memers in a basement. Most niche series don't even have scanlations. Even many of the big ones, the only options are horrendous.

With anime, you hear the characters speaking, and if you've watched enough to reach the nirvana where you can understand 70% of it, it's pretty easy even if the subs are irritating. Manga, you have no idea. Who knows if what you're reading is the actual dialogue or some idiot re-writing the story. Other than obvious signs like memes, swearing, and other liberal elements, you can't tell.

So how the fuck do you read manga?
>>
Learn japanese and buy the real volumes
>>
>>157516436
If you can u derstand spoken anime, all you need is learning the kana and having a kanji dictionary and you can read japanese manga.
>>
By reading it in Japanese as intended.
>>
>>157516470
>>157516555
>>157517021

The ability to read seinen manga would take 6+ years. No thank you.
>>
cry about it some more, faggot. You don't deserve shit. Kill urself
>>
>>157517269
It would take less than 2 years actually.
>>
>>157517610
Of how much time put in each day? Even people who major in Japanese aren't close to being fluent.
>>
>>157517269
There's no equal alternative. Your best bet are fan translations that are handled well.
>>
>>157517641
Installed Anki on my phone I learnt 2000 kanji taking roughly 30 min a day with Heisig's RTK. Of course this is only recognition so writing is still an impossibility but if you're only wanting to read it took about a year
>>
>>157516436
Just deal with it fag. Get a madokami account and read the scanlations. Are you autistic? Do typos bother you that much? As long as you get a general idea of what they're saying, and they don't do something retarded like name Guts Gatts, you're fine.
>>
>>157517641
You don't need to be fluent to read manga, at all.
If you really want to read it you need to learn it. You have no idea how much shit gets lost in translation.
>>
What was wrong with Dorohedoro?
I read it on kissanime
>>
>>157517641
Relying on college classes would be one of the slower and less efficient ways to learn a language. And you don't need to be "fluent" to be able to read manga. As for how much time it would take you, that depends on your abilities.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.