[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fullmetal Alchemist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: fma4509045.png (464KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
fma4509045.png
464KB, 636x477px
How do 03friends feel about Brotherhood supplanting the legacy of the original anime?
>>
Its kind of a shame, since 03 is a better story. But at the same time, its like...what difference does it make to me if a bunch of kids watch garbage? Its not like the 03 anime disappeared or was erased from my memory. Plus like many internet autists I enjoy being a contrarian. I liked the 03 anime until I read the manga and then I decided that I loved the 03 anime.
>>
>>157499117
>>157501021
>liking screwed adaptation over faithful adaptation
What kind of fags you are?
>>
>>157501021
>Always-whiny Ed
>Useless Al
>Paper thin Hohenheim
>Fanfiction finale.
>Better.
>>
>>157502733

I loved Hohenheim in 03. He was a legitimately bad person and had reason to think of himself as a "monster".

The finale was also good, it left the door open to the nature of what "Al" was (my favorite), preserved the themes of sacrifice and underlined the evils of the Amestrian government. Whereas the manga finale had the generic shounen evil get killed.

03 just has more interesting themes and characters.

>>157502380
Faithful adaptation =/= good story. Right now you have a 12 year olds understanding of adaptation, where "more faithful" is "better". (And this 12 year old understanding is why you will see Brotherhood more highly rated on websites like MAL)

But really every story should be judged on its own merits. "Faithfulness" is not a virtue. If you can break and make a more interesting story, then you should. And of course, the 03 anime had no choice but to break, since the manga was a WIP anyway. What they ended up with was better than what eventually came out.
>>
>>157499117

2003 = Fanfic for edgy edgy teens.

Manga>Brotherhood>>>>>>>Shadow the heghog = 2003
>>
>>157503397
03 fans are so deluded they forget on purpose about BH themes.

The manga finale doesn't preserve themes of sacrifice and the evil of the goverment (plus the theme of Homunculus as a new lifeform)? Good lord. 03 finale was just the answer an untalented writer reached to try to be special, without caring if the door-alchemy system made any sense.
>>
>>157503792
>The manga finale doesn't preserve themes of sacrifice and the evil of the goverment

Nope, not nearly as well as 03. The characters of Brotherhood are also way flatter and less interesting. Not to mention the Homunculi, which are famously garbage in Brotherhood. Brotherhood is generic shounen garbage.
>>
The manga deserved a more faithful adaptation. Once the material ran dry for '03 its plot went to hell. I like it despite its faults but Brotherhood is the better product overall.
>>
>>157499117
eh

only matters which was better
>>
>>157503952
Manga finale has the characters looking for a new theory to change the world based on sacrifice; 2003's is just them ambiguously looking for a way to see each other again.
The evil government is much more explored in BH, even when the good guys win you see they still have a dark side, with fabricated history included.
2003's Ed and Al are pathetic and plain, one is always angry at everyone and the other always on self-pity mode. In BH they actually grow and face more difficult choices as they mature (in 2003's Ed was so pathetic that at some point he said he didn't want to grow up).
A couple of BH homunculi were uninteresting as characters but 2003's were just full of cheap and lazy melodrama. "I don't remember who I am and it confuses me" is only passable if your audience are easy to impress teens. Not to mention how stupid and contrived the homunculi creation is in 2003.

>I read in a newspaper that his wife in a remote village had died so I supposed that Hohenheim sons learned alchemy and would try human transmutation, I arrived on time and found the creature in the backyard so I made her an homunculus.

And let's not forget.

>They create tragedies so someone else would try to make the a philosopher's stone, even in regions were people don't even use alchemy.

You have to eat a lot of bullshit to see 2003's as good.
>>
>>157499117
winry a cute
shame her 03 incarnation's ending gave her the shaft instead of Edward.
>>
>03
>Better story
>LOL OUR WORLD WAS BEYOND THE GATE/NAZIS!!!!

This alone fucks 03 over so much.
>>
>>157507375
I was genuinely OK with the other world shit from the end of the series.

Nazis appeared only in Conqueror of Shamballa though, which was pretty bad.
>>
>>157507375

Amestria is just nazis. That is who they are.
>>
>>157499117
brotherhood would hands down be superior if the beginning wasn't so shitty. Just because everyone already knows what's going to happen doesn't mean it's ok to rush and ruin it
>>
Why are you all such fags?
Both versions completely complement each other.
I watched the original when it came out and I liked it.I'm an anime fag only,and when BH came out I was bored and I hated it at the beginning. 03 did it way better.But than the original manga stuff blew 03 out of the water.
03 isn't that bad but it cant even hold a candle to BH.
But that's why I appreciate both versions.
>>
>>157499117
>How do 03friends feel about Brotherhood supplanting the legacy of the original anime?
Well, I barely remember Brotherhood, but having watched 2003 so many times, the latter is the real thing for me.
>>
>>157499117
meh
>>
>>157508914
This desu
>>
>>157508914
>Both versions completely complement each other.

It's okay to like both, but that's just wrong.
>>
>>157511499
So you deny that the first part of 03,and the second part of BH were better in each other versions?
>>
File: 2015_08_04_13_43_45.png (337KB, 507x438px) Image search: [Google]
2015_08_04_13_43_45.png
337KB, 507x438px
>>157499117
I feel like there have been a lot of FMA threads lately. Also, The asians are the best.
>>
I watched both in real-time. Brotherhood is a really good shonen but 03 feels more like a serious work
>>
>>157511791
First part of 03 completely ignored foreshadowing and plot points that would be picked up later in the manga and Brotherhood.
>>
File: 1491325871579.jpg (22KB, 341x330px) Image search: [Google]
1491325871579.jpg
22KB, 341x330px
>>157501021
>since 03 is a better story
>>
>>157499117
That's fine. Just wish FMAB stood on it's own perfectly. Those 1st 13 episodes didn't do the manga justice.
>>
File: winry_stripping.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
winry_stripping.gif
1MB, 480x270px
FMAB gave us delicious adult Winry.
>>
>>157499117
It was bound to happen since the remake is full of shounenfan bait and came out after
>>
>>157511791
First part of 03 has some bad fillers and it's original characters aren't better than the manga characters they couldn't include. I have no idea what you think it was better from it, other than maybe Hughes death.
>>
>>157516622
>Remake

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>157499117
>How do 03friends feel about Brotherhood complementing the legacy of the original anime?

FTFY
>>
Why do we have this thread every day?
>>
>>157517687
we like to feel over which of side of the line of dirt we've drawn that we're on
>>
This shouldn't even be a discussion, I don't know why people still debate this. If you don't compare one to the other, as a standalone, each have their merits and problems.

In my opinion, 03 was good, and still is. I rewatched it a few months back and it still holds it own, despite the, somewhat, old animation, some of which was pretty good. But Brotherhood ends way better, even though it's more action oriented.

I always had this idea that the beginning of brotherhood kind of expected you to have seen the original. The amount of time brotherhood spend on the tucker and nina arc was ridiculous, despite the fact that it was one of the most impactful deaths on the protag's, making them change and grow has characters.
>>
>>157499117
thoughtful stuff always loses out to popcorn entertainment
>>
>03
>good, but has shit like rape
>09
>generic boring shounem

Both are shit, but 03 is less shitty, people only like 09 because they are austists and can't stand an anime being differ from the manga.
>>
>>157499117

03 >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>157499117
>tfw you will forever be a fence sitting pleb who liked both equally
This is the one and only series that has cursed me with this shit opinion. I've had this opinion for ten fucking years. No blogpost or anime egsperd critic has been able to sway me either way.

Kill me.
>>
>>157499117

I don't feel like it has completely, which surprises me.

That aside, I never got past the first four episodes of Brotherhood myself. The humor killed me on it, which was a big disappointment.
>>
>>157524599
you should get back on the horse or at least try switching to the manga

at least worth having an opinion on
>>
>>157522024
>>good, but has shit like rape
>happened only once
>handled respectably
what's the big deal?
>>
>>157499117
best op
>>
2003 > Brotherhood
>>
>>157499117
FMA is shit and you have shit taste
>b-but my doge
kill yourself
>>
>>157529196
>edgy teenager thinks his opinion matters
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.