[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anybody question this prick? >Outright refuses to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Did anybody question this prick?

>Outright refuses to do some service that could give him and his sister some food
>Selfishly decides to leave shelter and food from his aunt
>Leaves his sister alone most of the time when she's clearly sick and could get all kinds of diseases
>Decides at the last fucking moment to take her to a hospital
>Realizes when his sister is close to be a fucking skeleton to take their last savings and buy at least some food when it's clearly too late

It's like pretty much almost everything bad that happened to them was a string of bad decisions
>>
I couldn't enjoy the movie because I felt like adults were presented as cunts and the kid as good just because. I don't know, maybe it's one of those cultural differences between west and east, but I hated how the guy was portrayed as right when he was a twat.
>>
>>157492430
They were understandably cunts. When you get so stressed out from all the bombings and lack of food you tend to get much more selfish and you care more about your own
>>
>>157492512
I am thinking about the part where he steal something, I forgot what, and tries to sell it. No one wants to buy it because they don't have food or money.
When I watched it I thought that the director tried to tell me the adults were evil for nit giving him money/food for something he stole.
>>
Bro real talk, wasn't he like 10? You can't expect fucking kids to cope with war on top of being orphans and homeless to make the right decisions.
>>
>>157492430
That's jap culture for ya
>>
>>157492430
you realize that it's autobiographical, right
>>
>>157492344
The whole point of the movie is to tell the Japanese youth to stop being selfish and accept help and advice from people older than you, even if they are assholes.

His guardian was a terrible person, but he should have known better than to try and make it on his own, and made an effort to understand the situation his own guardian is in and make an effort to help and not be a burden.

AKA this movie is all about Japanese culture, taking the movie at face value and not understanding the metaphor makes the whole thing fall flat.
>>
File: nobody-knows.jpg (43KB, 679x965px) Image search: [Google]
nobody-knows.jpg
43KB, 679x965px
>>157492512
While it's true that everyone was stressed out for the war and MC and his imouto are basically buried under the new Japan rebuild after the war, in general nips treat orphans like shit.
>>
>>157493954
I remember reading this is why Eva made such a big impact on Japan. The adults were more fucked up than the children and they didn't have all the answers or they were using the children as puppets and that's an existencial crisis from a Japanese perspective.
>>
>>157493954
This
Irrc the director himself said that unlike most westernens assume this is not an anti-war movie.
Sure wartime Japan sucked and shit was harsh, but the main point was about importance of sticking together, even if it incovienients you. Basically the protagonist and his sister would be all right if he stopped being selfish
>>
>>157493695
He was 14, the same age as his cousin who worked in a factory to support her family. He, on the other hand, decided that he was too special to contribute.
>>
>>157493780
I wonder why the author didn't kill himself because of what he's done to his sister. He at least deserves that
>>
>>157493976
How so?, like real talk?
>>
So how "heavy" is this film?
Will I feel like shit the entire day after I'm done watching?
>>
>>157494262
>Basically the protagonist and his sister would be all right if he stopped being selfish
>The whole point of the movie is to tell the Japanese youth to stop being selfish and accept help and advice from people older than you, even if they are assholes.

His guardian was a terrible person, but he should have known better than to try and make it on his own, and made an effort to understand the situation his own guardian is in and make an effort to help and not be a burden.

Oh, so basically, SCAPEGOATING THE WEAK AND DEFENSELESS!

No wonder why i dont like Japan, anybody gets a creepy vibe from these type of messages?

Look, Cultural differences or not, is just wrong and douchey. VERY DOUCHEY AND CREEPY, Oh yeah, how DARE those kids be happy and enjoy what we didn't have, IF WE WERE MISERABLE SHITS, THEY SHOULD BE TOO!!

What if the main characters stayed and obey those people, what does guarantee that it would turned out ok after all in the long run? its not a one way street you know, unless your writing controls all.
>>
>>157492344
>His family died
>Has no money
>His aunt refuses to unconditionally support him and makes his living situation extremely strained (won't shut up and eats their rice)
>He's 10
>He's honorabu Japanese

It was bound to happen, no one would have been willing to help two orphans. There wasn't some charity force that was going to save them either because that's stigmatized. I think one of the main points of the movie was illustrating what Japan was like during the war. People were really cutthroat and on edge.
>>
I feel like some people here aren't accounting for the stigma of charity. Obviously we are cooler with handouts now I mean hell tons of people here are on them but this is a the 40s in Japan.
>>
>>157496442
>>157496185

>There wasn't some charity force that was going to save them either because that's stigmatized.
>I feel like some people here aren't accounting for the stigma of charity.

Is the Japanese society really this miserable and shitty?
>>
>>157496719
They were recovering from a devastating war. How much charity would you expect there to be? Whining and not contributing was literally not an option.
>>
>>157496118
To put it bluntly, it's only "heavy" if you think self-inflicted problems and outright idiocy are tragic.
>>
the message of this movie is basically suck your elder's cock, and take it up the ass, no matter how much cunts they are, and how much they don't really care about you, because you'd be lost otherwise, japan truly is a backwards place
>>
>>157496442
>won't shut up and eats their rice
One of the reasons he was so upset about the situation is that this was not their rice, but rice his family saved.
>>
>>157492430
>and the kid as good just because.
Then you missed the point.
The kid being so irresponsible and not getting a job and then dying was the message.
>>
>>157497057
>the message of this movie is basically suck your elder's cock, and take it up the ass, no matter how much cunts they are, and how much they don't really care about you, because you'd be lost otherwise, japan truly is a backwards place

Because, you know, only good things could come out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TuvoRVR2FY
>>
>>157496185
you are supposed to be +18 to post here
>>
>>157493976
I'm pretty sure orphans are treated like shit everywhere.
>>
>>157497073
Which was entirely fair. Everybody in the household was working and contributing except him.
>>
>>157496185

Holy shit the amount of stupid in this post. It was the middle of wartime where resources are short and much of the infrastructure is being firebombed to oblivion. You either pull your weight or you starve. The adults arent being assholes to be assholes they are acting that way because its what the situation calls for.

The current generations in first world countries know nothing of the kind of wartime people saw in the world wars. Many of the times it didnt matter if you spent your whole paycheck on food you wouldnt get rationed supplies. When your in as bad of a situation as japan was at that time you need everyone pulling their weight.
>>
>>157492430
>but I hated how the guy was portrayed as right
No

No he was not.
>>
>>157497399
He didn't see it as fair since he still hadn't really accepted that his family was no more and wouldn't be able to come back and reclaim all that stuff they buried in the garden to keep it safe.
>>
>>157492344
>It's like pretty much almost everything bad that happened to them was a string of bad decisions

Oh boy I wonder if that was the message all along.
>>
>>157497188

Fuck this youtube dickbag.
>>
>watch movie
>watch bbc and vice
>google some epic terms like honne, tatemae, shikata ga nai
Omedetou, you are now an /a/ certified Nippon society experto desu.
>>
>>157497445
You don't even need a world war to know it. I was a little kid when the Soviet Union collapsed; extreme scarcity was everywhere at the time. Anyone acting like the MC would've been considered spoiled as fuck.
>>
>>157498177
>I was a little kid when the Soviet Union collapsed
oldfag
>>
>>157498177
Most posters here come from first world countries which weren't in such a situation since ww2
>>
File: 1515111.png (367KB, 757x564px) Image search: [Google]
1515111.png
367KB, 757x564px
>>157496029

>real talk

Why do retards always use this useless expression?
>>
So, why is this movie considered good?
>>
No wonder modern media shits on millenials like they do. Look at all the spoiled whiny babies in this thread going all about muh feelings.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.