[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why exactly does /a/ consider this show garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

File: attack-on-titan-03-700x393.jpg (223KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
attack-on-titan-03-700x393.jpg
223KB, 700x393px
So why exactly does /a/ consider this show garbage?
>>
>>157490231
Because it is popular, and huge fanbase = shit fanbase.
>>
L O S T: The anime
>>
>>157490231
Cause it's really properly and became an anime a lot of non-anime fans like.
Don't get it twisted though, a lot of /a/ aren't literal children and don't really care who likes what they like, as a result we've had at least 1 aot thread on this bored at every hour of the day, every day, every week, every month for 4 years straight. It's probably the most consistently posted show on the entire board.
>>
>>157490231
Because the loudest part of any board on 4chan is the obnoxious, contrarian, autistic part of that board. AoT/SnK is a good show.
>>
>>157490231
it's so popular that it eclipses shows that are objectively far superior.
also autistic people who hate popular shows because they're popular.
i don't consider it garbage personally, it's just not as good as everyone makes it out to be and that annoys me.
>>
Simply put, it's because Attack on Titan is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the gimmicky gadgets, peculiar colorful uniforms, the whole military faggotry and everything about the AoT world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
Attack on Titan is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no AoT threads ever encourage the newfags to show their faces here.
>>
File: ass or tits.png (215KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
ass or tits.png
215KB, 600x393px
>>157490231
You want a serious answer?
The plot itself exists to entertain the audience rather to communicate an idea or a message. The animation while unique at times is mostly below the standard - still images with moving mouths. The characters are really shallow and while the manga does develop them the anime does not, as such they are not entertaining or endearing.

Now given that the plots only purpose to entertain the show only shines during shocking scenes such as death and mutilation, it is entertaining at times but most of the anime is not filled to the brim with blood and gore.
>>
>>157490231
It's not moe
>>
>>157490958
>The animation while unique at times is mostly below the standard
Clean your glasses
>>
>>157490231
It started to get hate once it was labelled as an Entry Level anime
>>
>>157490231
In part because the anime became ultra mainstream and attracts a lot of cancerous casuals.
In my case is because I don't like how it turned from a survival story to a human vs human with boring political plots one. But seems like how most of these kind of manga are destined to turn.
>>
>>157490855
I haven't seen this pasta in ages
>>
File: 34945374_p0 Attack on Miku.jpg (2MB, 2006x1171px) Image search: [Google]
34945374_p0 Attack on Miku.jpg
2MB, 2006x1171px
It's fine, I enjoy all sorts of anime and don't worry too much about whether or not it is popular (except in regards to the chances of a next season).
>>
>>157490231
>Eren

A decent show with an insufferable MC. I thought Mikasa was okay but now she's going full Autist for Eren.
>>
>>157490231
It's better than the manga
>>
>>157490231
It's basiaclly game of thrones, the anime.
>>
>>157490496
What far superior show is it ecliping? Please i'd really like to watch it.
>>
>>157490855
Fits like a glove.
>>
>>157491050
You are right now chrerrypicking what pieces of my argument you believe you can refute in hopes that by invalidating one small part my entire post gets invalidated, that is not how it works.
Let's assume for a moment that AoT had the greatest animation amongst the serialised shows, with every character expressing their emotions as clearly through movement as through voice acting and the action scenes so intense that one would not experience everything in life until they had seen those scenes. If AoT's animation was that good the truly I would recommend anyone not just watching it but also buying it aswell as to support this craftsmanship.
This is not the case and while I admit some of the action scenes that included 3D maneuver gear were pretty you could experience equally dynamic scenes by watching either knights of sidonia or any given spiderman animation.
My glasses are fine thank you very much
>>
>>157490958
Do you even watch / read snk?
>>
>>157490231
Because the manga has turned into a cluster fuck and we know the anime us going to suffer the same fate

Its starts out great though, so enjoy it while you can before it goes to shit, but dont get too attatched
>>
File: ass or titties.jpg (76KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
ass or titties.jpg
76KB, 516x440px
>>157491565
The manga does not improve the anime no matter what some might believe they separate experiences, not a popular opinion when it comes to long running mangas but OP specifically asked about the show. It just so happens that I have watched the first season and I am right now following the second, it is however a guilty pleasure.
>>
The anime looks good enough to keep normalfags interested and all, but then they'll likely not keep reading the manga afterwards. They unintentionally support a pretty huge shift and ridiculously convoluted story while proclaiming themselves SnK fans that they'll never actually read, in which most of the fans would've been turned off and leave the fanbase, revealing it for what it actually is.
>>
File: Isayama_at_his_desk.png (720KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
Isayama_at_his_desk.png
720KB, 600x494px
Do you guys think that Isayama sobs quietly in his room whenever he sees his series gets handled like a whore at a bachelor party.

Or is he full sellout, sitting on a throne of money, laughing with a cigar in his mouth as he signs the contract for another chibi spin-off?
>>
>>157492193
Considering that a lot of mangaka probably work twice as him and don't see half of the benefits I bet he's pretty happy
>>
>>157490231
season one had too much yelling

season 2 is actually good, except for that last episode
>>
>>157490231
I dunno, I'm not /a/.
>>
>>157492193
Why does he sit like that?
>>
>>157493330
Obviously imitating his favorite character, L.
>>
It relies too much on its plot.
Every single bit of it is preparation for a plot twist that won't mean anything in the long run.
And so, the characters feel like meaningless tools for a plot the author doesn't want to reaveal.
So basically, if you don't care about the plot, then there is nothing for you in the show.
Unless you enjoy obnoxious screaming and cheap gore.

Also, the color pallet is shit.
>>
>>157490231
This is an 18+ website
>>
>>157490231
It doesn't, although only losers who do think that keep wasting time replying to this thread
>>
>gets 10 threads per day
>is not popular on /a/
the people complaining are the same people that think anime was better in the 80s
>>
>>157491298
Sword Art Online
>>
>>157492193
LMAO I HAVE THE SAME MOUSE AS HIM
>>
The show have too much cringy characters
The 3 main characters are the most.
>>
>>157497028
Mikasa is pretty damn bland and boring, most interesting thing about her is her wanting Erens dick. Not all that cringy.
Armin isn't terrible but the series keeps pushing him being this batman level strategist. Eyerolling at times but not cringy.
Eren is a massive bitch baby. So yea, cringy.
>>
>>157490231
It's not garbage, the story is garbage though. It makes up for the weak story by having an interesting premise and being an entertaining action flick. The ost also carries this show quite a bit. It's decent/10
>>
It's pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it has really good moments, and other times it's just bad. Overall I like it more than 80% of other anime though.
>>
>>157490231
I don't consider it garbage but I don't consider it good either.

It has some of the highest quality action scenes in anime but on the other hand the art is kinda ugly
The pacing of the first season is complete shit and wastes too much time on 2 days across 26 episodes. Second season's pacing has been abysmal as well and just straight up confusing with all the flashbacks.
The OST is great but half the time it's never used in ways that'll help the scenes in any meaningful way, just randomly inserting hype tracks in the middle of dialogue.
The characters range from annoying to edgy, and nothing more. As cool as the characters are when they're fighting titans, as soon as they open their mouths you're reminded of how unbearably irritating every character is.
Too many characters that they focus on without giving you reasons to actually care about them.

It's like a 5 or 6 out of 10 at best.
>>
Eren vs armored titan was one of the best fight scenes ive seen animated
>>
File: ao26mpn_460sv.gif (436KB, 176x96px) Image search: [Google]
ao26mpn_460sv.gif
436KB, 176x96px
>>157499240
rwby had some pretty good fight scenes
pic related
>>
>>157490231
It's even worse than Narutu
>>
>>157490231

All small humans have hidden titan powers.
There people living outside of the walls.
Titans are the "real humans"
Titans are really good guys and just wanted save small people of his oppressive king
>>
File: aot_bait.png (586KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
aot_bait.png
586KB, 500x690px
>>157490231
>>
>>157502501
Character development is overrated and really fucking immersion breaking most of the time
It's good to see well established characters that aren't fickle as fuck and keep changing their minds and beliefs because "muh character development"
>>
>>157502942
>Character development is overrated and really fucking immersion breaking most of the time

What?

>It's good to see well established characters that aren't fickle as fuck and keep changing their minds and beliefs because "muh character development"
That's not character development.

Stop trying to defend SnK, its generic shounenshit and thats fine.
>>
>>157501942
Why would someone make such an unbelievably shitty gif?
>>
>>157503140
Except that's what happens
>oh no, I guess I was wrong about the main driving force in my life
>thank you for the enlightenment MC-kun, I want to suck your cock now
>>
File: laughingwhores.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>157502942
>Character development is overrated and really fucking immersion breaking most of the time
>>
>>157490231
It feels like the writer is writing shit on the fly, that works with linear stuff like JoJo but it's just a trainwreck when you try it with world-building manga, that shit takes a lot of preplanning to be good
>>
>>157503262
No one means shitty battle shounen talk no jutsu when they say they want character development, anon.
>>
>>157490958
>The animation while unique at times is mostly below the standard - still images with moving mouths.
Are you retarded?

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/16bxz.mp4?token=1495999970_68d77073246ad139a559fddda7de5c39e64f13e6
>>
>>157503262

>Except that's what happens
No? When I think of good character development in manga (don't really watch anime), I think of 7 Seeds, Real, Vagabond, Berserk, Mars, etc.

None are "oh no I guess I was wrong time to suck MC dick". What you are describing is just the shounen thing of having popular enemies become allies after defeat so they don't have to be written off.

Character development is having your characters grow and develop over time. As people tend to do. It doesn't even have to be a good development.
>>
>>157491050
>>157503511
There was some pretty shitty stuff in S1 before the BDs, I assume that's what he's referring to.
>>
>>157494446
>not enough plot
>faggots complain
>too much plot
>faggots complain
You can't fucking win, can you?
>>
>>157503511
Is this show 3D?
>>
>>157490294
First post best post
>>
>>157503595
Then SnK fits
Eren goes from a guy that just wants to go outside the walls to wanting to kill all titans and then all Marleys
Mikasa goes from a scared little girl to one of the best soldiers in the series
Levi from a poor guy in the slums to somewhat of a living god
>>
>>157503778

You are just listing their generic shounen backstories. Stop reading shounen all the time, you weirdo. Character development happens gradually on-page, not via flashbacks.
>>
>>157503778
>Levi from a poor guy in the slums to somewhat of a living god
>a flashback backstory that happens ages after the character is introduced in his static form is character development
Not him, but do you seriously not understand the basic concept here? Are you thirteen or something?
>>
>>157503896
Then Hannes that stops being a drunk coward
Krista accepts her true name and her heritage
Do you wanna keep backpedaling?
>>157503936
The release order doesn't matter, it's still character development
>>
>>157504031
>The release order doesn't matter, it's still character development
No, it does. If a character starts as a supersoldier, continues to be a supersoldier, and then they eventually do a brief bit to show "you know, he wasn't always a supersoldier," that's not development.
>>
>>157504085
Why not?
>>
>>157504031
>>157503778
>>157503595
>>157502942
You are monumentally stupid, probably failed middle-school English, and clearly don't consume any but the most bland and commercialized of media.
>>
>>157504131

Because the character never grew or developed on-page. I get the feeling you are trolling or, like most SnK fans, are a literal 12 year old though so I'll stop.
>>
Hipsters if the responses are anything to go by.
>>
>>157504131
Because they haven't fucking developed on-page. They're the same character they've been the whole story. They "used to be different" in their reality, but from our perspective they're the same, there's just a random slice of them being different in the past.
>>
>>157490231
Fucking madagascar.
>>
>>157490958
>filename
>>
>>157504209
Of course they developed on page if it's part of the manga
What are you saying
>>157504238
Do you have autism?
No really, because if you can't change your point of view from your reality to the fiction, and dismiss what happens in canon in the fictional universe, then I don't know what to say
I guess no manga character ever undergoes character development because they'll always be drawings
>>
>>157504153

You are talking to at least 2 different people there. Why do you think I only consume "the most bland and commercialized of media"?
>>
>>157503231
To see who would ask of course
>>
>>157504153
Nice argument, I really understand what you mean, and fully accept your point of view as universal truth
I also want to suck your cock now for some stupid reason
>>
File: best.jpg (13KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
13KB, 280x210px
>>157491298
>>
>>157503607
Or you could have a balanced amount of plot, while still leaving room for characterization.
>>
>>157504554
Oh, fuck, I replied to >>157503595 by accident, meant to get >>157503262. Assuming that's you, ignore me.
>>
>>157502942
Pretty much this.

It's hard to develop a character if they keep dying. The Walking Dead is an example where all new characters are hard to relate to, because it's obvious they're not part of the main cast and so will die in due course.
>>
>>157490320
>as a result we've had at least 1 aot thread on this bored at every hour of the day, every day, every week, every month for 4 years straight

Have you actually looked at those threads? They're essentially a tumblr colony that reads nothing like /a/.
>>
>>157503662
are you blind?
>>
>>157502501
>shallow story
>90% of the complaints are about people not being able to keep up and complaining about how complicated everything is

this happens a lot in manga threads too
>>
>>157502501
>Shallow story
Did you even go past the first arc ?

>Lack of character developpement
I'll have to agree about that concerning the main trio, but look at Erwin, Kenny, Historia, Jean and Reiner. They are wonderful and well written characters

>Gritty action scenes
I can't wait to see the shitstorm at Uprising arc

>Potato jokes
90% anime filler
>>
>>157492193
The dude is one of the least talented mangakas in Japan and one of the most successful ones at the same time. I would assume he understands that and appreciates his position.
>>
The anime-only fans get to enjoy the better parts of the plot while the manga readers get to see the plot and concepts go to shit.
>>
>>157506665
>while the manga readers get to see the plot and concepts go to shit.

Not really.
>>
>>157490231
Because it's popular.
>>
Eren is one of the most boring MC ever.
>>
>>157490294
/thread
>>
>>157506458
>least talented mangakas in Japan

Howso? In terms of the quality of his art? In terms of how many people he has helping him draw? What?
>>
>>157507315
Art. Have you seen those scribbles? Even right now it's shit but early chapters of SnK were just utter garbage.
>>
>>157506932
Why?
He's actually ballsy and aggressive instead of a scared beta faggot
>>
>>157507368
The art isn't good but it's not bad enough to make it unreadable. The backgrounds are fine (although I'm not sure how much of those he actually draws) and his shitty art actually works for the titans themselves.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.