[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck. I kept putting this off because I thought it would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

Holy fuck.

I kept putting this off because I thought it would be overhyped but Jesus. This scene fucking killed me. I'm not sure I've ever had my gut wrench so hard at anime.

What a fantastic episode.
>>
>>157477941
get out before you get spoiled
but i agree
>>
>>157477941
m' LaDIES
>>
Naomi was the only good female character from DN and I'm pissed that she got killed off so quickly
I also had trouble sleeping when I first watched this because she looks so freaky there
>>
>>157477941
MAKI ! SUSHI MAKI !
>>
light dies
>>
MATSUDAAAAAAAAAA !
>>
There are few points in the series that hit that same note, though, just letting you ladies know
>>
>>157478577
that scene with penbar in the train reaching for kira was depressing too, he just wanted to catch a killer and live with his fiance.
>>
>>157478768
The penbar plot -> wifes death was amazing storytelling. Really elevates DN into a classic.
>>
>>157478768
>>157478887
I hope Light was in pain when that heart attack hit him
>>
>>157477941
>Holy fuck.
YES. You understand!

Now, listen to me very carefully. If this scene was as powerful and beautiful to you as it was to me, I have some advice for you-

Once the credits roll for episode 25, stop watching. Consider that the end of the story, and you can safely remember the anime as an overall amazing and high quality experience.

Maybe read about or watch the rest as a separate experience later on, like after a few months or years, but please trust me on this.
>>
>>157478887
the kira family plot was way more depressing
father who struggled to the very end to believe in his son wasnt kira.
>>157478937
I dont know how much a heart attack hurts but I think everything leading up to would give any body enough stress forhis heart attack even I felt stress when things werent going his way because his minn slipped up. but his minion felt more anguish from the slip up
>>
>>157479027
this. they liked the formula for the first part and then reuses it for second part but this it drags on a little more in certain areas
>>
>>157477941
Yagami dies, L dies, N shows up, M dies, N defeats light and nobody likes him with good reaons. Misa lives, Rem dies, Ryuk takes Yagami's life.
>>
Shame the anime ruined the ending.
>>
>>157479100
why say light dies twice?
>>
>>157479028
>the kira family plot
>father
Not to mention the cute imouto who grew up to be a gorgeous babe getting fucked over with PTSD ;_;

And I guess Light was already in a lot of pain before the heart attack came, being shot in the hand and all
>>
>>157477941
IMO, the single greatest episode in anime history. Up until ep. 11, the series is a solid 10/10.
>>
>>157479179
I thought the little-sister was just shoved into irrelevancy with a convenient excuse, she didnt experience any real threat to her wellbeing.
>>
>>157479250
>she didnt experience any real threat to her wellbeing
Yeah but
>get molested by mafia
>lose dad
>lose oniichan (who she doesn't know is Kira)
>get confined to wheelchair
I feel bad for her
>>
>>157479292
Didn't Matsuda have some chemistry with her?

Or am I imagining things? it's been years
>>
>>157478937
>when that heart attack hit him
And that's why the manga ending was much better. The sack of shit dies writhing on the ground crying.
>>
>>157477941
I don't think it's that good at all. The scene itself maybe, but the whole episode was stupid.
>Light meets her before she can contact the police by pure fucking luck
>they go on that idiotic walk
>Light comes up with the dumbest shit to say
>she somehow trusts him
There was no planning involved, which is the most interesting thing about Light, and the dialog is more laughable than tense.
>>
>>157479389
He was interested and she shot him down, acting more mature than him despite the age difference.
>>
>>157479547
I agree its implausible way to get them to talk to each other but its meant to showcase Lights ability to solve a situation without it being some grand keikaku. It was a unique challenge that also worked to build lights character.
>>
>>157479172
One of them was more about Ryuk.
>>
>>157477941
It kinda pissed me off, how the fuck the building doesn't have cameras and the doormen didn't remember her? But the episode was kino
>>
>>157480041
Maybe it was that if nothing happened past couple days the film gets overwritten and L didnt find out about her death untill weeks later.
Also she gave false name to the receptionists while many other people might try to contact the police with claims of being kira.
>>
>>157478404
fpbp

hope OP took this advice. bunch of fucking niggers in this thread.
>>
>>157477941
There was nothing special about this episode. I've watched it being a fifteen years old brat and I literally didn't give a shit over it. I didn't think back then that it was "overdone" due to having no criticism back thenbut it sure left me with a close feeling
>>
>>157480109
The receptionists should have told the task force that a woman appeared (remember that Light is the only suspect, his interaction with someone couldn't go unnoticed). Light might have killed her, but the writer made him walk away free
>>
File: p (8)~01.jpg (314KB, 964x645px) Image search: [Google]
p (8)~01.jpg
314KB, 964x645px
>series should've ended when L died
>light should've won
Can we just make Death Note threads autoban
>>
>>157479132
This
Manga had a better ending
>>
>>157477941
He should of fucked her before you know
>>
File: black_l.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
black_l.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Why did they make him black?
>>
>>157480398
Probably because of WW2 and slavery and all that.
>>
>>157477941
This scene was fantastic
>>
>>157477941
Literally asspull after asspull tho
>>
>>157479180
this
>>
>>157479180
>Up until ep. 11, the series is a solid 10/10.
You have to admit though, that after the dip in quality for a while, it circled back around to some really fucking good moments up to and including episode 25.

Some truly artistic scenes.
>>
Did Misa kys at the end because her time was up? The way I understand it, you would not even get the idea to kill yourself unless your time was up no matter what happened to you.
>>
>>157480398
I'm more upset they made him become ugly.
>>
File: Picture1-1.png (113KB, 633x357px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1-1.png
113KB, 633x357px
>>157480557
>asspull after asspul

jesus, why is every shitposter has to use the asspull term for everything nowadays ?

Having a defined set of rules in the first chapter, and abiding by them throughout the whole series is the fucking opposite of having an asspull. fucking 12 year olds man. Rules greatly reduce the possibility of an asspull. If you didn't like the direction the series went, then just say it as such, don't fucking lower it to asspulls.
>>
>>157481244
>Why did they make him black?
>I'm more upset they made him become ugly.
Where's the difference?
>>
>>157481244
He's canonically ugly already, you're just stuck in the mindset of a 15 year old girl from 2007.
>>
>>157479027

And not seeing the best boy. Yeah, sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA4l6jrOSes
>>
>>157480278
Really, what was the purpose of Near and Mello? We didn't need that amount of QUIRKY. It even dumbed down L as a character in retrospect.
>>
File: Thumbs Up I Guess.gif (3MB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up I Guess.gif
3MB, 440x247px
>>157479100
>Misa lives
S-sure, you keep thinking that way, anon.
>>
>>157480398
>Cast a nigger for the pale autist
>Cast some ugly fuck for the charismatic chad

really shoots the neurons
>>
>>157479027
Yeah, no matter who you rooted for, that last part of DN is absolute dogshit.
Why even do this stupid game with the fake death notes when Light could just have told Mikami to keep a page of the real Death Notes in his fucking underwear or whatever at all times? There would have been zero risk of ever losing that way.
>>
>>157483003
Which is especially dumb when Takeda did this before
>>
>>157477941
Naomi best death note girl.

Naomi > Lidner > Sayu > Wedy >>>>>>>>> Misa > Takada
>>
>watch Bakuman
>they make a manga about 2 rivals trying to outsmart each other
>the manga ends when their dispute is finally resolved, even though their producers wanted to prolong it to boost its sales through the anime adaptation
>"hey that's a jab at Death Note if I've ever seen one"
>find out years later that Bakuman is by the same fucking author

My mind was fucking blown, what a great way to apologize.
>>
Glad to know other people are becoming aware of how absolutely stupid the post L arc of Death Note is

Near thinks he's hot shit when his plan was actually pretty fucking retarded. He would've gotten his whole crew fucking killed in one fell swoop if Light wasn't a fucking idiot and told Mikami from the cery moment Mikami got the notebook to just keep a page of the Death Note wedged in his rosy cheeks no matter what at all times
>>
>>157481492
The only asspulls the show created was ones like Near's agent recreating a perfect copy of the notebook by hand in a single night without Mikami noticing
>>
>>157477941
I don't know how some people can continue to defend Light after this. He wasn't just killing an innocent person to save himself. He was taking pleasure from confessing to his crimes right when it became too late for her to do anything about it.

>>157478448
I think they considered keeping her alive a little longer.
>>
>>157477941
Death Note should've been a Jojo-style manga with many parts, the first one being split into two parts : Light vs L, then Light's rise as Kira and its influence in the world
Death Note Part II should've focus a Post-Kira world where Light is dead and a Death Note falls into the hands of someone else who will change the world etc until Part 5
>>
The anime really started dragging when that corporation got the Death Note, and it got even worse when Kira faced off against diet-L.
Does the manga handle that better? Because frankly I don't think I want to read it if I have to suffer through those arcs again.
>>
>>157488007
You can make a small perfect bound soft cover book without signatures in less than an hour. Completely possible
>>
>>157490299
A magical notebook with years worth of writing?
I don't think so
>>
>>157479100
>Misa lives
She kills herself
>>
>>157479100
>>157482342
>misa lives
but implied that she also dies shortly after
>>
>>157491618
>>157490556
Considering the amount of asspulls the ending had I don't believe for a second she dies unless I see the body
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.