[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koe no Katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 74

File: Koe no Gay.jpg (490KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Koe no Gay.jpg
490KB, 1000x600px
Just my two cents here, having read the original manga when it initially released and having seen the movie and having just reread the manga, I feel both version of the story are heavily flawed.

The movie cuts many side character's plots, and while I understand that you can't include a whole 7 tome manga into a 2 hour movie, they should have probably cut out characters like Mashima and Kawai completely to add more development of the central cast. Ueno, and sadly Shouko, get the biggest shaft on their character arc. Ueno doesn't really getting sufficient backstory to explain her attitude, and doesn't get enough development to make her seem anything more than a total bitch in this rendition of the story.

In the manga, Shouko is shown as a girl who is unable to understand what people are trying to communicate to her (running parallel to Shoya's unwillingness to understand others), and confronts this lack of communication with self-deprecation and self-loathing. Her external "niceness" is just her trying to avoid expressing her own emotions and having others express their own to her. Both Shouya (who makes her express her love) and Ueno (who makes her express negative feelings). She isn't really the mary sue she comes off as in the movie, and there is a nice moment in the manga where Shouko contemplates a different and more positive scenario of her time in elementary school where she decided to react playfully to Shouya's teasing instead of deprecating herself as she actually did.

Cont.
>>
>>157444321
While I think the manga is overall superior because the characters were more fleshed out, I don't think it is without considerable flaws. The best parts of the manga are the very human characters and the commentary on current Japanese culture. The latter is particularly done well, where we get an idea that Shouya was a hyperactive boy who bullied Shouko initially to get a laugh from his peers, and later to force a reaction after being confronted with her overly passive response to his teasing (Something which Ueno does similarly later on in the manga). Around them both are classmates who bully her in a more socially acceptable manner (contrasted with Shouya's bullying), a teacher who is indifferent to his student's plights, a teacher who's active involvement in intergrating Shouko turned down, Shouya's mother who doesn't discipline her child, Shouko's mother who is overly strict with her daughter, and Shouko, who is doesn't stand up for herself.

The manga afterwards shows how Shouko starts growing with her interactions with Shouya. She starts to express more feelings, love, anger, and joy. After she is saved by Shouya, she actively looks to communicate her desire to other people and eventually chooses her own future. This whole part is missing from the movie, particularly because here desire to bring everyone together falls flat without the movie subplot. it overall makes her seem less like the flawed character who desires to grow as she was in the manga, and more of a mary sue who is to pure for this world.

Cont.
>>
>>157444321
The failure of the manga, in my opinion, is due mostly to the forced dramatic ending (the whole coma thing) which feels like a cheap way to make the characters confront each other and their flaws. The manga keeps going after the movie ending, making for a very weak plot thread where both Shouya and Shouko decide to become hairstylists, with Shouko going to Tokyo from her own accord and with Shouya briefly considering going with her only to later decide to stay home and take over his mother's business as he's the only one his mother has (despite the fact that we later see both Shouya's sister and her husband actively present in their home, meaning he wasn't really needed that much in the first place).

The ending makes no effort to solve the romantic subplot between Shouya and Shouko (They should really have removed it altogether if they didn't want to address it by the end). It also doesn't resolve the pending plot thread with Shouya and his elementary school friends or the wrap up the plot threads of any of the other characters (Especially the ones that were brought up literally in the last volume).

Overall, I think the movie made a good move in keeping an open ended closer, but I just wish they would have kept more of Ueno and especially Shouko's arcs intact.

Cont.
>>
File: e012.jpg (202KB, 728x1124px) Image search: [Google]
e012.jpg
202KB, 728x1124px
>>157444396
I really dislike the last chapter in the manga. It's just everyone meeting up for a coming of age ceremony and doesn't even bother to give any insight on what the characters plan to do next. Considering Nishimiya left for Tokyo and Shouya stayed behind, I would have liked to have a big of closure on if Nishimiya even plans on going back to her hometown or if she was just going to be out of Shouya's life forever.

Honestly, I sort of wish they had made Shouya discover a talent he had while he helped make the movie, like being the one who wrote the script. Maybe having him realize he's a good writer and go to university to become a writer would have been much more satisfying than staying home to keep his mother safe.

Maybe have either Shouko or Shouya study something where they can better integrate deaf children to schools? Making the plot go full circle were we see a little girl similar to Nishimiya actually intergrated with her classmates would have be nice if maybe a bit cliched. Shouko's decision to become a hair stylist comes is only foreshadowed in two throw-away lines, one where Yuzuru says Shouko cuts her hair and another where she puts Yuzuru's hair up for the movie and someone tells her she did a great job.

There is also a subtle implication that Ueno and Sahara are lesbians lovers, so there's that.
>>
>>157444321
>Her external "niceness" is just her trying to avoid expressing her own emotions and having others express their own to her.
>>157444350
>She starts to express more feelings, love, anger, and joy.
anger? where?
she is nice all the time, even after the "suicide". remember the scene with her, ueno and the umbrella?
>>
TL;DR
it's probably pointless autistic verbiage anyway, since you most likely misunderstood the story and the characters.
>>
tl;dr stopped reading when you called it a "7 tome manga" LOL
>>
>>157444350
And I (>>157445232) also don't agree with the "very human characters". They are more stereotypes than humans. Really. Ueno is a jealous bitch 24 hours a day. The teacher is an asshole 24 hours a day. The most human may be Ishida.
>>
>>157445232
>>157445453

In the manga guys...

Nishimiya's arc is completely ruined in the movie. She doesn't do anything except be a perfect deaf human.

Ueno can't communicate with Shouya, and uses that anger she has to herself and displaces it on Nishimiya.

>>157445295
Just wanted to compare the flaws the manga and the film had. Mostly on how contrived the plot becomes at the end, not really dissing on the characters.
>>
I watched your name at the cinema like 6months ago. Never thought I said this but Koe no Katachi is the superior movie. It also improved on the manga and cut-off many of the fluff like the movie making subplot. They also toned down what Kawai and Ueno did. Without actually reading manga, you would think that both of them actually redeemed themselves. The movie also had the better ending.
>>
Some of Ishida's monologues were badly needed in this movie. His scenes with Ueno just felt too mild; her character was supposed to challenge Ishida's own resolve towards growing closer to Shouko again, and even question his own situation with his two friends that turnes on him. Similar to your point with Shouko, Ishida looked too good post-flashback, lacking all the problems he had as a character in the manga.
>>
Nishimiya's mother's arc is completely missing in the movie. She's a bit of a cold mother to her children because she wants to make them stronger, and actually partly let her daughter be bullied in an effort to try and make her solve her problems herself. She eventually opens up to Shouya's mother, and starts to make an effort to be less strict and controlling over her daughter's lives.

The grandmother is a pretty bad character too. She is a perfect little grandma with no flaws who dies immediately after she is introduced add some drama. It's really an arc for Yuzuru, because Shouko is completely unfazed by it all.

I also disliked how Nishimiya's father was portrayed. In a series with very human characters, having a father who abandons his children because his daughter "came defective and it was his wife's fault" is comically villainous. They should have just made him a weak-willed individual who can't deal with the stress of an handicapped child and bails on his family.
>>
File: heh.png (452KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
452KB, 1000x562px
>>157445751
take a load of this guy
>>
>>157445594
It's the manga I'm talking about.

Ueno is a bitch with everyone (Sahara, Broccoli), not only with Nishimiya. If the author wanted her to be human, she should have given much more nuance to the character. The same with Nishimiya, who is a kawaii desu girl all the time, even after learning to communicate.
>>
>>157445884
>Nishimiya's mother's arc is completely missing in the movie.

They had 120 minutes to work with. I wanted to see that too but considering the tine they had there were bound to be some unjustified characters.
>>
>>157445751
The movie definitely had the better ending. If they had only made more of an effort to make Shouko have some growth the movie would be completely superior.

I also really hated the scene right after he wakes up from the coma and finds Nishimiya on the bridge. It felt really cheesy and out of place.

Heck, the whole coma part is contrived. I know a bit about comas and I can say that any injury that required a medically induced coma or had significant brain injury wouldn't have had him walking out of the hospital immediately after waking up. How did he even get out of there without someone noticing, anyways?
>>
>>157446079
he didn't. he died.

it was all shouko's delusion.
>>
Fuck off blogposter
>>
>>157446079
Creators love dramatic spectacles. While believable events make for better fiction, cheesy and unrealistic scenes like this creates much more impact and stays longer in the reader's heads.
>>
If nothing else kyoani did the movie alot of justice in terms of emotional impact and cinematography
personally I'm glad that alot of the angstier stuff got cut or toned down for the sake of a more cohesive and overall less angsty viewing experience
the one issue I always had with the manga is it was SO fucking angsty that it just made me cringe at points

Also there's like no point in comparing this movie to Your Name, apples to oranges desu, people that cry about which one is better are just dumb as fuck
>>
>>157446448
>>157446228
Movie did a good job of subduing some of the exaggerated parts (the few fights scenes for example) and showing instead of telling (by removing the character's monologues).

Your Name and Koe no Katachi are pretty different. Your Name is more directly romantic and has a more action fantasy plot. Both have some pretty bad pacing issues, and I still get the feeling I would have rather had a series instead of a movie for both of them.
>>
File: fat.png (191KB, 546x492px) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
191KB, 546x492px
Whatever happened to this faggot?
>>
>>157446818
He is the only one confirmed to have been laid because he has a kid and a hot wife at the end. That's the only thing we know about him after the scenes in elementary school.

The other guy goes to France to study music.

Shouya's friend's plot thread is never really resolved.
>>
>>157446904
The other guy?

You mean the faggot who was at the food stand serving?
>>
>>157447059
Yeah that guy.

Ueno asked him to do the music in the movie subplot that wasn't in the film. They never really make up with Shouya, but it is implied he will try to make up with them at the elementary school reunion.
>>
Bump no Katachi
>>
>>157445884
>I also disliked how Nishimiya's father was portrayed. In a series with very human characters, having a father who abandons his children because his daughter "came defective and it was his wife's fault" is comically villainous. They should have just made him a weak-willed individual who can't deal with the stress of an handicapped child and bails on his family.
Thank you. Love you.
>>
Koe no Katachi has garbage story, but art is nice.

Literally anyone cares about it is because it's pretty, same goes to the movie.
>>
My mom didn't understand some dialogues, symbolism and character motivations/their past. 2 hours is not enough.
>>
File: mfw someone is a char.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
mfw someone is a char.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>157449584
So she missed nothing of value
>>
>>157449546
The art is mediocre as far as what's expected for movies. Kimi no na wa looked nicer
>>
>>157449546
It has a great beginning. It just really falls apart at the end.
>>
>>157449699
I didn't say it's good, it just looks pretty in the shallowest of senses the word has.
>>
>>157449729
I started humming this song as I was reading it when Shouya went into coma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTjjNozVy5w&ab_channel=%D0%A1%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%98%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2
>>
>>157449729
Nah, it falls from the moment Nishimiya declares her love to Ishida and Ueno appears.
>>
Ueno > Nishimiya
>>
Can I watch the BD yet?
>>
Should I read the manga or watch the movie first? I plan on doing both eventually. I assume it's better to watch the adaptation first as usually enjoying the original only leads to butthurt when it comes to adaptations.
>>
>>157450753
Kyoani movie is much better than manga (didn't read it though)
>>
>>157450753
I think the movie was made more or less for manga audiences. You are less confused about the motivation for some characters and are more likely to appreciate what the movie did right than what it did wrong.
>>
>>157446211
make sure to like, comment and subscribe!

>>157449781
I just vividly pictured Yuzuru laying on top of her sister's bed reading the manga and humming to this song. fuck you.

>>157449868
And yet she'll never be with mc. The curse of being the best girl.
>>
>>157450836
this
>>
Don't know if this has been posted yet but here's a MV of the theme song from the BD, apparently.
https://streamable.com/xju9o
>>
>>157446028

>They should have just made him a weak-willed individual who can't deal with the stress of an handicapped child and bails on his family.

Couldn't this be true? Maybe what we read was his pride speaking.
>>
>>157450836
No, most of the people complaining about the film are manga purists and many who haven't read the manga were not confused.
>>
>>157451122
what about the movie?
>>
>>157451122
There's some new scenes there that aren't in the movie. I really do feel like they wanted to make the movie longer but had to edit things out to keep the runtime around 2 hours.
>>
>>157446079
>How did he even get out of there without someone noticing, anyways?
Escaping from a hospital isn't really a problem. I've personally witnessed a similar case (suicide attempt, taken to a hospital, escaped from the hospital, was missing for a few hours).
>>
>>157444321
Any of you have the "only gets worse" stitch?
>>
>>157444321
i watched the movie first and then the manga after i saw a bunch of complaints about how the movie cut out so much

i really have no idea what you guys are going on about. the movie was fantastic, and it literally covered everything the same way the manga did. the characters are not characterized differently whatsoever. if anything, i felt the manga was less refined. that "let's make a movie" stuff was worth very little to the story, and i think cutting it out as they did in the film had no effect on the proceedings. there are times when the written media is better than the film, but this is not one of them.
>>
>>157452298
That's a common complaint about the manga how the make a film subplot was really dumb. I agree it was a good idea for them to remove it
>>
File: ludacris-second-act.jpg (29KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
ludacris-second-act.jpg
29KB, 600x315px
Ano Hana had better drama even if that was forced
>>
File: this is you.jpg (192KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
192KB, 500x423px
>>157445369
>LOL
>>
>>157452884
Honestly, considering the way the movie was styled (the way it played with focus despite being anime) made it seem like a small indie film. You'd think they would have taken advantage to make the movie subplot not shit.
>>
First for Shouko's voice is really retardedly cute
>>
The only part they cut out that I really wanted was this. It was referenced but it didn't have the same impact at all.

Otherwise pretty good movie, better than source material
>>
Am I misremembering the manga? Because I don't think the MC was such a beta cuck in it. I thought he was more detached and apathetic rather than just a doormat for everyone to walk over.
>>
File: Screenshot (73).png (548KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (73).png
548KB, 1280x800px
My headphones died during this scene. Only noticed when subtitles suddenly appeared eventhough no sign language was shown. Holy crap it was immersive.
>>
>>157455985
I mean, noticed it way after the scene ended. I know the scene was supposed to be tinnitus and muffled voices.
>>
Man, how I wish the manga get a sequel or something now the movie was quite successfully, the ending in the manga is so unsatisfactory.
>>
>>157456147
As much as I want this too, it's highly improbable, because it wouldn't be as sad as the rest of KnK.
Maybe we get an omake or something, that's as far as it can go.
>>
We didn't need to have all of the characters backstory. The movie actually delivered on what's important. It's Shouya himself.

The biggest contributor to Shouya was Shouko, Ueno, Fat/g/uiy, and reverse trap.
>>
File: SLUT.jpg (462KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SLUT.jpg
462KB, 1920x1080px
Shameful BLACKED whores don't deserve any face time
>>
>>157456392
>Fat/g/uy
why the /g/?
>>
>>157456147
Manga is irreversibly fucked and they have no where to take it.

Neither Shoko nor Shouya decided to do anything interesting with their lives and the possible romance plotline alone is too weak in the story for there to be any point in continuing it.

You know what would be great, a chibi format style comic book of Nishimiya deafness being funny, something like that copypasta of the cute deaf wife. I'd eat that up.
>>
Then, in the end, the romance subplot wasn't relevant?
>>
>>157445884
>Nishimiya's mother's arc is completely missing in the movie
No it doesn't. It's more subtly portrayed. For the milionth time: you're a bunch of autistic idiots who can't read between the lines and need everything spoonfed to you. Ever heard of show don't tell? It's the ultimate autism filter.
>>
>>157456693
The romance was Shouya falling in love with the world. I'm going to post this in every thread asking about it from now on.
>>
So much pointless drama with obligatory suicide attempt in the end. A bunch of retards make sad faces over something that happened when they were dumb kids, I don't mean to sound edgy but it's not like anybody died, get it fucking over with. I was bullied in school and I never gave a fuck, if I met my bullies today I'd shrug and go on about my day. Considering that Nishimiya is an attractive girl she'd have a personal army of orbiters and Chad boyfriend by the time she goes to college.
>>
>>157450836
I think you are entirely wrong. I have not read the manga and there was nothing in the film that I didn't get, including some of the stuff that some people here claim to be "missing" from the film but present in the manga.
Disclaimer: unlike a significant segment of /a/, I do not have autism. That probably helped.
>>
>>157456449

Because Shouya stood up for him which was something Ueno never did back then for Shouya.
>>
>>157456978
Why would Chad go for a deaf girl when he can go for a Stacy with no disabilities
>>
>>157455688
>buzzwords
Ishida was the leader of the pack before they scapegoated him. Don't know what the fuck you mean by "beta". After the tides turned, he became withdrawn, which is pretty believable and cuckholdry has nothing to do with it.

So why don't you go the hell back to where you came from you moron?
>>
>>157445751
This is what KyoAnuslickers ACTUALLY believe...
>>
Anyone else felt Shouya's somewhat paranoia?

I mean those dialogues when he was voicing over the dialogues of the people. That was really great.
>>
>>157457070
Why would Chad not go for both?
>>
>>157456978
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>157457033
But why the /g/? What does this have to do with the 'install gentoo' crowd?
>>
>>157456978
>I don't mean to sound edgy but it's not like anybody died,

Yuzuru's dream showed that Shouka already wanted to kill herself at some point. What do you mean it's no big deal?
>>
>>157457217
He's partially right you know. I was bullied in school too, and I also bullied other kids. Ueno did nothing wrong and was right about anything.
>>
File: 674kkkk.jpg (143KB, 798x890px) Image search: [Google]
674kkkk.jpg
143KB, 798x890px
IT WAS ME SHOKO! ALL ALONG!
I WAS THE ONE WHO STOLE YOUR HEARING AIDS
>>
>>157457332
Maybe she was right, but the "I will fling shit at the deaf girl because the guy I like got bullied for bullying her, and I couldn't help him" mentality was plain wrong.
>>
The movies biggest fault was that it did not make me hate Kawai at all by taking away all of her worst scenes, while in the manga she was most definitely the worst person of them all.
>>
>>157457070
Exactly. It's not even like "Oh, if the person is good doesn't matter if they're ugly or crippled"- Shoko's disability isn't like being wheelchair-bound or blind, these can still express themselves, Shoko can't. And neither she has a pushy personality like a certain bespectacled deaf girl does. With her personality she'd be passive even if she wasn't deaf, but she is, and as a result she's a fucking noble gas. Normal people won't bother with her, too much commitment for unknown result. If Shoya didn't show up, she'd likely spend her time with other deaf people and her family, who don't have the language barrier and thus aren't inconvenienced talking to her.
>>
>>157457603
lel, how delusional are you?
There are facebook wheelies and 500lbs orca beats with Chad boyfriends, you really think deafness is anything but a charm point for most men?
>>
>>157457577
I read the manga not too long ago, but I still don't get Kawai's character. She's a bitch now for outing Shoya while trying to redeem himself, but what did she do wrong when they were in sixth grade?
>>
>>157457709
until you start dating her and don't want to learn another language
>>
>>157457357
Why was she such a cunt?
>>
Who UENO here
>>
>>157444446
>There is also a subtle implication that Ueno and Sahara are lesbians lovers, so there's that.
wait what?
>>
>>157457753
I read it like two years ago so I don't really remeber specifics, however, I remeber not taking to much notice of her during the sixth grade period only to then detest her entire being when they got older.
>>
File: 1492742143887.jpg (87KB, 736x718px) Image search: [Google]
1492742143887.jpg
87KB, 736x718px
There are some really weird posts in this thread
>>
>>157457256
>>>/g/
>>
>>157457961
Didn't she confess to Shouya in the manga? The fuck did nothing happen in the movie?
>>
>>157457709
Not sure she's the kind of girl who'd allow a Chad into her world.
>>157455985
Fuck this scene. Now the ringing won't go away.
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
None of you guys would sucking this movie's dick if it wasn't made by Kyoto Animation.

Those of us who read the original manga before it was adapted by KyoAni enjoyed the story while acknowledging its flaws.

KyoAnifags didn't even bother reading the manga and blindly praise it despite the fact that it took all the manga's flaws and exacerbated them while simultaneously cutting content and fucking up the pacing and character development.

KyoAnuslickers are animeonlyfags of the worst kind.

They're faggots who blindly assume that anything KyoAni touches is gold and are stuck in the past where KyoAni did make good works of animation.

The fact is that KyoAnus hasn't made anything truly great since the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, or anything worth watching since Nichijou.

For the past 6 years, KyoAnis works have ranged from mildly entertaining to mediocre to just plain garbage.

There are much better studios out there making much better animated works.

So quit trying to compare KyoAni to ComixWave. Kimi no Na wa and KyoAni no Katachi are on completely different levels of professionalism and acclaim.

Kimi no Na wa is a masterpiece while KyoAni no Katachi is terribly truncated adaptation of a good manga.

Naoko Yamada is nothing compared to Shinkai, and Shinkai only praised Koe no Katachi so that Yamada would save face.

So please, just stop. You're all embarrassing yourselves.
>>
>>157458512
>reddit spacing
Kill yourself.
>>
>>157458512
take your redditspacing back to where it belongs, kiddo
>>
>>157457753
She refused to acknowledge her part in facilitating the bullying and went out of her way in making Shouya look bad when confronted about it. Her high school self is more despicable because she's pretty much the catalyst in destroying the group's friendship, does nothing to redeem herself, and believes she is in the right. There's a bunch of little things like slapping Nishimiya when she wanted to make the movie again and backpedaling once Mashima agreed to do it right after and actually telling Nishimiya she is in the same situation as her because she was "bullied" (not really).

>>157458042
Read the comic panel on the post.

>>157458161
which ones?
>>
>>157458567
Everyone of the sentences are too important to not have space both above it and below it.
>>
File: racist bowie.jpg (66KB, 609x666px) Image search: [Google]
racist bowie.jpg
66KB, 609x666px
>your girlfriend is about to jump off the fucking balcony and kill herself
>still take the time to take off your shoes before you run inside to stop her

Japanese are so retarded.
>>
>>157457961
She was almost likeable in the movie
>>
>>157458282
She never really confesses. She tries to by putting a note in the little cat bag Shouya ends up giving to Nishimiya (but Broccoli head gets it by accident and believes he was the one confessed to). She does tell others and imply it to Shouya, but she never actually says it directly to him.
>>
>>157458512
>make a copypasta
>reddit spacing
off by one
>>
>>157458567
>>157458613
kys
>>
>>157458512
This all seems a bit irrelevant, since the movie likely would have been quite different if made by someone else. Don't you think? So, yes I'm praising it because it was made by Kyoani, because only Kyoani could have produced this movie.
>>
>>157458567
>>157458613
>>157458736
>making your post more legible is Reddit
I love this meme.
>>
File: wat do.png (16KB, 485x122px) Image search: [Google]
wat do.png
16KB, 485x122px
So for people who have way too much time or internet speed and tried several releases - which one is the one to go?
>>
>>157458824
>more legible
>>
>>157458800
The fact is that KyoAni did an awful job at adapting Koe no Katachi, and the only people praising it are blind KyoAni fanboys. It would've worked much better as a 1-2 cour TV show, and literally any studio could've adapted it easily. I would've preferred Madhouse and had it adapted by the team that did Usagi Drop.
>>
>>157458900
Only way to find out is to download them all and watch them simultaneously.
>>
>>157458800
I doubt any other studio would've even bothered with anything with quarter of sign language KnK has.
>>
>>157458916
It's easier to read than one giant tl;dr paragraph you stupid faggot.
>>
>>157458966
I think you're just finding a way to generalize and dismiss everyone who disagrees with you.
>>
>>157458966
>The fact is that KyoAni did an awful job at adapting Koe no Katachi
The manga is pretty shit. All things considered, I think they did a fine job. They cut out some good parts but twice as many bad parts.
>>
>>157459022
Giant tl;dr paragraphs are also reddit.
>>
There really is no reason for Shouko and Shouya to be in love, is there? She's such a boring, shallow person, completely outclassed by her younger sister in every regard. We never get a scene where she does anything that shows her character, nor anything admirable, or fun, or any part of her personality. If it's an intentional choice (hurrr she can't express herself 25346deep563you) the movie should've been from her POV to let the audience relate.
>>
File: 1494128357677.webm (635KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494128357677.webm
635KB, 600x400px
>>157459022
No one read it anyway, now quit your circlejerking both of you.
>>
>>157459133
Shouko has plenty of lovable qualities, but either way love doesn't need a reason.
>>
>>157459072
By preventing facts. KyoAni could have done a good job by making it a TV show, but they fucked it all up by making it a movie.
>>157459078
I never said the manga was perfect. I said that KyoAni's adaptation took the manga's flaws and made them worse while adding more flaws on top of them.
>>
>>157459133
There is no reason for love in general, but Shouko kinda had a crush on Shoya ever since they met, and kept persisting even after he left her face-first in the dirt so many times.
Shoya then comes back and realises she's the only one outside his family who actually accepted him with all his flaws, and this coupled with guilt glued him to her.
>>
>>157458966
If by an awful job you mean improving the source material by leaps and bounds then yes Kyoani did an awful job.
>>
>>157459298
I really don't think so, TV series are (almost?) never better than movies. Besides, I don't think Koe no Katachi as a story would gain anything from being told episodically. And it's a very good movie, at that. What are your problems with it?
>>
>>157458975
Sign language isn't that fucking hard to animate. Any fucking studio can do it. Even a bankrupt studio like Gonzo could handle sign language well when animating Nicholas in Gangsta.
>>
>>157459374
So basically being bullied stockholmed her into crushing on him, and then his guilt stockholmed him into falling for her?
What a depressing couple of miserable fucks.
>>
>>157459397
This is what KyoAnuslickers ACTUALLY believe....
>>
>>157459431
You're talking about a medium usually animated in fourths and where more often than not even jaw movement is ommitted. If someone could pick between "We need sakuga every five mimutes" and something simplier, most studios would choose simplier thing for quicker buck.
>>
>>157459133
She doesn't have to be relatable.
>>
>>157458975
Koe no Katachi didn't really have a lot of heavy sign language animation, on reflection. I mean it was good and it was there, but all my favourite scenes involved other things.
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
Never read the manga.

I want to fuck the one with the palm tree shirt.
>>
>>157459447
No, the other way round. She was in love, then she got bullied- but stayed strong despite that.
Shoya IS a depressing miserable fuck, but that's kinda his entire plotline- how how he stopped being a depressing miserable fuck.
>>
>>157459728
Ueno a shit! A SHIT!
>>
File: uhm-no.jpg (102KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
uhm-no.jpg
102KB, 1920x1036px
The thing that stuck out the most to me is how they fucked up physics in the balcony scene.

Remember in the manga, Nishimiya jumped off the railing, not the wall. Shouya had to lock his feet underneath it to support both half of his body, that was hanging over the edge, as well as Nishimiya but in the movie we're supposed to believe he used just his left hand, with his feet no longer touching the ground, to keep both of them from falling. Finally he lets go and grabs her with both hands long enough for her to grab the railing. Presumably being protected by the screenwriter so he could plunge into the river at the right time.

Seriously, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to change that? It was so laughably absurd, it killed any immersion I had at that point.
>>
>>157459755
No denying she's fucking gorgeous though, even in grade school.
>>
>>157460038
The manga had surprising details like that.

I still remember that when he woke up from the coma he actually had a urinary catheter in that he had to disconnect to get out of bed.
>>
>>157458622
I thought the point of the page was Ueno pretending she had a hot, successful lover to try to make Shouya jealous or something. Then Sahara shut her down
>>
>>157459428
Because it makes more sense to make a TV show out of a 7 volume manga rather than condensing it into a feature length film and truncating the stort, thus fucking up the pacing and character development. How is that hard to understand?
>>
I actually quite enjoyed it but not for the reasons I expected to. I don't know why but the blue crosses really touched a nerve with me, probably because I'm an autistic faggot who struggles to make friends/look people in the eye. The scene where they discuss friendship as being like a licence that you have to earn...fuck man, made me tear up.
>>
>>157458684
To his defense, if could've been habitual.
>>
>>157459755
Louder! LOUDER!
Also Nishimiya and Kawai are prettier than her
>>
>>157459133
The OP literally went into detail about how Shouko actually felt like a real person in the manga and how they fucked her up in the movie by turning her into a Mary Sue moëblob.
>>
File: 1365539585365.gif (498KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
1365539585365.gif
498KB, 500x593px
Fuck, halfway through I thought they were actually going to kill her off and I got Lie in April flashbacks. Thank god they went with a happy ending.
>>
>>157460753
I remember when people were saying she's a mary sue moeblob in the manga.
>>
Is there anything Aoi Yuuki can't do?
>>
Do they kiss in the manga?
>>
>>157444321
Is it watchable yet?
>>
Did the manga also have the Xs over people's faces?
>>
>>157460753
It's the opposite though. Shouko is an innocent moe character in the manga whereas Shouya is portrayed as a knight to protect her. The movie makes it so that she comes off as a naive and pathetic character and the hypocrisy of protecting her, especially for self-satisfaction was emphasized.
>>
>>157460809
If by people you mean shitposters, then yes.
>>
>>157461032
Yes, and it was just as stupid there
>>
>>157460038
What?
>>
>>157460958
never

>>157461065
What? In the manga she actually has introspection and realizes she needs to communicate her feelings, not just passively except whatever goes on around her.

At what point is the hypocrisy of protecting her emphasized in the movie? or that she was a pathetic character shown?
>>
>message at the very end of the movie after the credits roll
>the subtitles didn't even attempt to translate them

Can someone here please translate this?
>>
>>157461537
Part 2
>>
>>157461537
This is just credits for Kyoani and Pony Canyon

>>157461583
This is copyright shit
>>
File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
I can't decide if she's more fuckable as a JS or JK.
>>
>>157461537
>>157461583
Just credits and copyright shit. Nothing worth translating.
>>
Which subs?
Mashiro/Nii-sama or 35mm?
>>
File: 2.jpg (304KB, 1267x1579px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
304KB, 1267x1579px
>>
File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0004.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
This guy fucks all the moms, doesn't he?
>>
Yuzu best girl.
>>
>>157445232
She gets anger when she fights with Ishida at kids and she feels anger with herself.
>>
So I haven't read the manga and just finished the film. Everything felt very fragmented and pieced together in a way that lacked depth. The entire time I was wondering if I was just missing something because I didn't read the manga, and maybe I did, but the movie should be able to stand on its own. The art and animation was wonderful, but it's really a shame the movie feels somewhat hollow.
>>
>>157459133
Shouko actually likes Shoya because he was the first person to be honest with her tell her she sucks in the singing chorus. And after that she took some other gestures from Shouya like if he wanted to comunicate with her depict she actually was getting bullied by him. Then when she finally talks to him wanting to be friends but instead he beat it and throws his notebook to the water, then she breaks and tell to her sister she wanted to die.
Shouya instead fell in love with her by guilty in the beggining.
>>
>>157464606
the depth is in the manga, go read it
>>
>>157461392
>At what point is the hypocrisy of protecting her emphasized in the movie?
Ishida getting called out on it by several other characters? Him realising it himself that they are right? Did you even watch the film?
>>
Why are kids so cruel, /a/?
Or is it just Jap kids?
>>
>>157464606
>but the movie should be able to stand on its own
And it does. But you have autism.
>>
File: Kawai Bitch.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kawai Bitch.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
How can you not despise this bitch?
>>
File: 1489608552944.jpg (64KB, 932x558px) Image search: [Google]
1489608552944.jpg
64KB, 932x558px
>>157464606
I was thinking that during the whole movie. Whole chapters were reduced to literal half second flashes with zero explanation or context, and in some parts I wondered that if I hadn't read the manga, would I even know what the hell was going on right now.
Poorly put together.
>>
Too lazy to post it myself but this is why the film is so much better than the manga.
https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/865966573504409605
>>
Ueno is Bueno
I want to make her a single mother
>>
File: disguise.png (746KB, 869x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disguise.png
746KB, 869x1080px
>>157467429
>>
Just finished watching this. Why can't other anime deal with anxiety like this movie can? It felt genuine in that sort of hopeless way where you're trapped and unable to deal with the situation you're in. I honestly can't recall another anime that did that as well as this movie.
>>
File: hachicum.png (432KB, 1263x300px) Image search: [Google]
hachicum.png
432KB, 1263x300px
>>157467509
>genuine
>>
File: 1359541914551.jpg (144KB, 731x411px) Image search: [Google]
1359541914551.jpg
144KB, 731x411px
>>157467553
Genuine or not is subjective. My point still stands: Where else do you see an anime that portrays characters dealing with anxiety?
>>
>>157468076
Hibike S2
>>
>>157467509
First anime or something?
Every second show is about dealing with stress and existential crisis, japs have the whitest problems.
>>
>>157468076
Kokoro ga Sakebitagetterunda, which incidentally is the exact same thing as this movie but slightly worse in every aspect
>>
The manga was shit. Won't be watching the movie.
>>
The movie should've been 1 hour childhood, 1 hour teenagehood. So much is dependant on the former and the movie just glosses it over with a couple of senseless montages. We don't get to see how Shouya became bored and desynthesized to the point of deciding to bully a deaf person, we don't get to see anything with the teacher guy, we don't get to see any of the actual bullying, either Shouko's or Shouya's.
>>
File: 1495307572202.png (171KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1495307572202.png
171KB, 346x297px
I just finished watching it and I honestly don't get all the praise? Don't get me wrong, it was good but that's really it.

I also felt the animation was the usual Kyoani which we all know is good, but the way everyone was talking about it I thought it was going to be better. I felt that Hibike had better animation to be honest.
>>
>>157468918
the scene where Nishimiya is cleaning Ishida's desk and the ensuing struggle is by far and away the best thing Kyoani has ever animated
>>
>>157467509
Watamote
Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>157466104
He is called out for wanting to see her only to atone for his own guilt, not because he sincerely cares about her. Once they see he is sincere in his intentions, he isn't really doubted at all, unlike the manga.

The only character to call Nishimiya pathetic is Ueno, but she doesn't really grow from that interaction (again, unlike the manga).
>>
>>157471440

the part where he punches her hand and it whiplashes right into her chest

the animation was fuckin great for that scene
>>
>>157444321
Mineta did let himself go.
>>
>>157463172
i, too, would like to know if the 35mm subs are any good
>>
>>157471515
Watamote is almost unwatchable if you have any sense of empathy. NHK is good, though those are different anxieties, with different causes and different results.
>>
Is this safe to watch with normal people?
By normal people I mean my mom and sister
>>
>>157472627
Yes, it is very friendly for normal people.
>>
>>157456445
>tfw pedro was a good father after all
>>
>>157473332
hes mexican, not black
>>
>>157473345
He's Brazilian and Brazil has a ton of black people.
>>
>>157460288
Yeah, I was waiting for a painful scene where he yanks that shit out, but Kyoani didn't deliver.
>>
>>157460038
come on, the scene is filled with cuts from early in the movie, there's not even that much physics to begin with
and he's supporting himself with his mid-section, you know, as he's slippin', he is simutaneously pulling her
>>
>>157472586
35mm are good.
>>
>>157473381
They did show him struggling to remove one of the things attached and it looked like a catheter
>>
What did Shouko "said" to Yuzuru when they argued?
>>
>>157473582
Yuzuru makes a comment about it. Gotta pay attention, anon.

The Japanese is "I don't need you".
>>
File: 1491008736527.gif (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1491008736527.gif
2KB, 100x100px
Haven't read the manga so I don't know if they go into more detail about this or not but is this a Japanese thing? I mean the part where the teacher confronts the class and shit about the bullying and then everybody turns on MC, I can understand the other kids not wanting to get into trouble but the full on 180 on their attitude is just crazy to me and how they would then mess with him and act like he was the asshole every single day

I'm saying all this from a place of experience too, I've had many instances of getting into trouble or shit happening back into elementary school or whatever but nobody (myself included) has ever gotten mad at somebody past like a week or a few tops, but this guy apparently was fucked with for his whole school life for something like that? I don't even know what to say really, maybe that goes to show the characters are really gigantic assholes but it's still a bit unbelievable in my eyes

Other than that it was alright I suppose, nothing mindblowing or anything, Ueno acting like an agressive cunt even after growing up was pretty annoying and Kawai was the biggest bitch of them all with her constant denial of anything involving her
>>
>>157455467
They didnt cut that though, they show her do that when her sister is taking down the dead animal photos.
>>
>>157473828
At it had a lot of impact.
>>
>>157473370
why did nips choose to migrate to brazil?
>>
Can someone pls post smug kawai
>>
>>157473370
Brazil has less blacks than the US, 7% compared to 12%, but has like 40% mixed race.
>>
>>157473791
The Japanese are weird. A lot of bullying in Japanese school is about "othering" classmates. Japan is really into the status quo, and not making things "inconvenient" for the group. So when someone challenges that norm, they get bullied or ostracized. Ishida basically fucked with that for the entire class, and tried to drag others down with him. Not to mention, he tried to blame Kawai, who put on a show for pity points. A lot of the class would see him as a nuisance, and "scum" after that. Also, bullying Nishimiya was the norm before, but now Ishida was open season for all the previous bullying.

That's just the Japanese way. Shimada fucking up Ishida's chance to make a new life for himself in middle school is pretty fucking low, though. But that sort of thing can happen.

This sort of othering and bullying is what pushes people away from relationships, socializing, and leads to a lot of the NEET culture.
>>
>>157457357
I don't like how she wasn't a cunt in the movie
>>
>>157473912
IIRC a bunch of more conservative Nips (and Nazis) went to Brazil and Argentina after WW2 because they preferred more autocratic societies. I had an ethnically Japanese co-worker who spoke fluent Portuguese because she had actually been born in Brazil.
>>
Can any of you fags please give me the "it only gets worse" manga stitch?

The one that includes translator dropping his trip.
>>
>>157473690
Yuzuru was perfect in the anime.
Ono Kensho saved Nagatsuka too

Overall this movie had a good va selection.
>>
>>157474513
If I hadn't heard Yuki Aoi use similar voices in other shows before you wouldn't be able to convince me Yuzuru was her
>>
Fuck Ishida
Shoko deserves hapiness with a man far better than he.
>>
>No anti-bully Ranger Mashiba
>>
File: 00knk.jpg (285KB, 1134x720px) Image search: [Google]
00knk.jpg
285KB, 1134x720px
>>157474586
Ishida will become a man worthy of her.
>>
File: 1469053772064.png (147KB, 280x613px) Image search: [Google]
1469053772064.png
147KB, 280x613px
Subs yet?
>>
>>157449389
You guys can act like this happen but one of my mothers friends has a retarded son and his father left the moment he was born, blaming the mother even though he was the one who gave her herpes which lead to the baby being a retard.

It happens all the time. You guys need a dose of reality.
>>
I only just realized there's an alternative soundtrack for the film when you're watching it. One with no voices or sfx, just ambient music.
>>
>>157474811
There are like 4 different versions out anon, do you live under a rock?
>>
>>157475122
The last subs I heard about were google translated
>>
>>157474513
I would like to see Hayami Saori doing her parts, I bet is no easy task to replicate a deaf person way of talking without sounding like you're making fun of it.

>>157475268
Check AB
>>
>>157444321
>Ueno doesn't really getting sufficient backstory to explain her attitude, and doesn't get enough development to make her seem anything more than a total bitch in this rendition of the story.
>>157457961
I actually really liked Ueno. She was my favorite character after Yuzuru. She felt surprisingly real. She is a total bitch, but she had clear priorities and acted like a real flawed person.

Overall, I quite liked this movie. Yamada really liked the photo filter backgrounds from Eupho and she probably overdid the focus blurs, but the emotion of some of the scenes were outstanding. The scene in the prologue when Ishida and Shouko get in to a fight was completely raw. The sound track was also quite nice. The middle portions of the film do feel a bit rushed, but I feel the time is given to the appropriate scenes to give this movie some real emotional weight.
>>
>still no subs that don't have blatantly wrong and missing lines
>>
File: Dark bullshit.jpg (44KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dark bullshit.jpg
44KB, 1920x1080px
>>157444321
Maybe I'm fucking retarded, but what is this shit they keep cutting back to in the ending set?
>>
File: 41LOtUcyJeL.jpg (26KB, 475x500px) Image search: [Google]
41LOtUcyJeL.jpg
26KB, 475x500px
>>157475982
One of these
>>
File: BLACKED.png (118KB, 253x298px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED.png
118KB, 253x298px
>>
>>157446028
I'm surprised that Kyoani actually made Koe no Katachi into a full film. Wouldn't it be in the best interest to extend it into a couple of seasons rather than a 2 hour film? Wasn't it obvious that they wouldn't even come close to grasping all the themes and motivations of each individual? Granted, a few of the subplots seemed awkwardly forced but the overall idea behind the bad subplots were apparent of an underlying message or motivation. In the movie it seemed like they failed to capture any of the character's intent behind any of their actions expect possible broccoli hair which was pretty much "Friends til the end" and that motivation is pretty damn easy to fulfill.
>>
>>157476304
I don't get it.
>>
>>157466184
KyoAsshole lickers actually believe this
>>
File: 1461481045277.png (121KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1461481045277.png
121KB, 600x338px
>>157458512
tldr
>>
So she got almost every question right, but scored a 4%?

Japanese grading system is pretty harsh.
>>
>>157477037
She got one question right hence the circle. Are you fucking retarded or have you never seen Japanese grading before.
>>
Finally finished watching it.

Holy shit did not expect to be this into it especially when I was reading when the manga was coming out.

It was really well done as it felt longer than 2 hours. Besides the parts cut out the pacing was great.
Ueno is still a bitch
>>
>>157462103
JK obviously.
>>
File: Capture.png (170KB, 1163x685px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
170KB, 1163x685px
Just noticed the movie came out on torrent, what fansub group should I go with?
>>
>>157478307
>nyaa.si
Go to nyaa.pantsu, then get Nii-sama, they're readable at least
>>
>>157475982
Anyone?
>>
File: koe2.jpg (73KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
koe2.jpg
73KB, 1200x675px
It's going to be hard to transition back to watching seasonal TV anime after this.
>>
None of you guys would sucking this movie's dick if it wasn't made by Kyoto Animation. Those of us who read the original manga before it was adapted by KyoAni enjoyed the story while acknowledging its flaws. KyoAnifags didn't even bother reading the manga and blindly praise it despite the fact that it took all the manga's flaws and exacerbated them while simultaneously cutting content and fucking up the pacing and character development. KyoAnuslickers are animeonlyfags of the worst kind. They're faggots who blindly assume that anything KyoAni touches is gold and are stuck in the past where KyoAni did make good works of animation. The fact is that KyoAnus hasn't made anything truly great since the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, or anything worth watching since Nichijou. For the past 6 years, KyoAnis works have ranged from mildly entertaining to mediocre to just plain garbage. There are much better studios out there making much better animated works. So quit trying to compare KyoAni to ComixWave. Kimi no Na wa and KyoAni no Katachi are on completely different levels of professionalism and acclaim. Kimi no Na wa is a masterpiece while KyoAni no Katachi is terribly truncated adaptation of a good manga. Naoko Yamada is nothing compared to Shinkai, and Shinkai only praised Koe no Katachi so that Yamada would save face. So please, just stop. You're all embarrassing yourselves.
>>
>>157478307
They're all trash so far. wait for either HS to rip the official stream on monday or a group that can be bothered to translate all the lines
>>
File: 599520f487.png (157KB, 677x232px) Image search: [Google]
599520f487.png
157KB, 677x232px
I didn't get it, she's deaf now because of this? What happened with the virus-thing her mom said to the father?
>>
File: 05 - VDt831G.jpg (401KB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
05 - VDt831G.jpg
401KB, 2160x3840px
Cute.
>>
>>157464022
Brazil and Japan have history, it's the Nigerians that are scum.
>>
>>157479020
She didn't hear the car coming.

She's deaf from a viral infection her mom had during pregnancy.
>>
This series should have ended at the one-shot. Everything after it was mediocre.
>>
So the morale of the story is that it's okay to bully deaf little girls, because it makes them want your D?
>>
>>157467429
She reminds me of FLCL girls.
>>
>>157468425
>the exact same thing as this movie but slightly worse in every aspect
It's somewhat similar to this film and much, much worse in every way except production values, which are only slightly worse.
>>
>>157468793
>desynthesized
De- what? Maybe you meant to say desensitised.
>>
>>157473791
Collectivist cultures are fucked up like that. Not saying individualist cultures don't have their problems, but they are of a different nature. Europeans are generally a lot more empathetic than East Asians.
>>
>>157475982
Looking at others through a peep hole. It symbolises separation/isolation.
>>
>>157476656
It's the truth though.
>>157476332
>this shit again
All the necessary details are in the film. Some are subtle -- you have to read between the lines to get them. I haven't read the manga and I thought the film was totally fine. I'm not even a Kyoto Animation fan (I can't stand their Key adaptations and I deeply dislike most of their recent anime, excluding Hibike Euphonium which I thought was ok).
>>
>>157478307
>nyaa.si
>willfully taking cartel dick up your ass
Use nyaa.pantsu.cat you pleb.
>>
>>157478900
>None of you guys would sucking this movie's dick if it wasn't made by Kyoto Animation
Au contraire, I actually dislike Kyoto Animation's average show. Koe no Katachi is a genuinely good film.
>>
>>157474421
interesting. the more you know
>>
>>157473690
the translation on whjere i watched online was "i used her shampoo without permission, although she didn't need it" what hte fuck
>>
>>157478307
[35mm] Koe no Katachi - A Silent Voice (v0) [720p] [C7195655].mkv which the "superior" nyaa doesn't have, go figure.
>>
>>157481467
should know the her imouto like to tell lies
>>
>>157481479
35mm is a garbage for average normalfag.
>>
>>157481552
So what would you suggest then?
>>
File: br.jpg (96KB, 881x881px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
96KB, 881x881px
>>157481479
>720p
>>
>>157481641
Use 1080p wounraws release with 35mm .ass file
>>
>>157481592
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/924308
>>
So are all of those subs machine translated?
>>
>>157481713
Nii-sama / Mashiro is a faithful trasnaltion and I'm glad of it, but I wouldn't call it machine translated at all.
If you want cartel-like subs go with 35mm, as I said in my last reply - 35mm is good for complete normalfags who don't watch any anime, or they are watching it very occasionally. Whole deepness is took off, relationship between characters is simplified as long with all dialogues. Something like an american dub script.
>>
>>157481852
Got any examples to back up your claim? I saw in a previous thread that someone said 35mm subs were good.
>>
File: 60526331_p0.jpg (2MB, 1000x1410px) Image search: [Google]
60526331_p0.jpg
2MB, 1000x1410px
How many dicks has she sucked?
>>
>>157467429
I know I shouldn't like her but she turns me on so much.
>>
>>157477037
What do the triangles mean?
>>
I want to marry Nishimiya
>>
>>157481713
Mashiro is not great, there's missing lines and a few errors. Some lines read a bit awkwardly. I'm going through 35mm now and it seems to be better quality, although very liberal, with some odd phrases and expressions. Mashiro uses Japanese name order and honorifics, 35mm uses western name order and no honorifics, if you care about that.
I'd wait for something better, though 35mm seems the best of what's available
>>
>>157444446
>There is also a subtle implication that Ueno and Sahara are lesbians lovers, so there's that.
It was just a joke, anon. They aren't. Don't be so dumb. Girls give each other friendship bracelets and shit all the time.

But yea, last chapter sucked. I wanted romantic closure.
>>
>>157482126
None, though she has cleaned some rims.
>>
>>157482050
Then read it yourself nigger
35mm is commie tier shit
>>
>>157463832
Why does /a/ NEVER EVER talk about best girl?
>>
Will you win fight against Nishimiya /a/? deaf cutie seems pretty strong that scene when she fights Shoya in the classroom so emotional and her voice tugged at my heartstrings
>>
This show give fetish for deaf girl, especially that Nishimiya's voice is cute as fuck
>>
>>157482480
spotted the cartel
>>
>>157483052
already had a fetish for disabled girls because of KS.
I would want to fuck a death girl one day. Imagine the sounds she'll make
>>
Are any of the available subs good?
>>
>>157483267
No.
>>
>>157483267
Just read few posts.
TL;DR
Nii-sama is the best option if you are NOT a normal or cartelfag
http://anidex.info/?page=torrent&id=44689
>>
File: koenogirls.jpg (355KB, 686x2070px) Image search: [Google]
koenogirls.jpg
355KB, 686x2070px
Is this the definitive arrangement?
>>
>>157483527
>no Ishimom at the end
>>
>>157482933
>IB DOIG MA BESS
broke my fucking heart
>>
>>157483527
Kawai a shit. We're good here otherwise.
>>
>>157483267
35mm
>>
Was Ueno learning sign language in the manga? I don't remember that part. Nice touch.
>>
>>157483527
I know it's a joke but everyone knows that Little Sister is the best.
>>
>>157484197
No. I mean, the class started to learn as a whole.
>>
>>157483341
>>157483310
>even links us
What a hero.
>>
>>157483527
Fuck off.
>>
Why do deaf people talk like retards?
I understand that being unable to hear yourself makes it considerably harder but still, it shouldn't be that difficult to get an intuitive feel for a few dozen sounds.
>>
>>157485451
it may be very difficult.
source: porn with deaf chicks grunting like ogres
>>
File: character_design_7.jpg (510KB, 1410x1129px) Image search: [Google]
character_design_7.jpg
510KB, 1410x1129px
>>157483527
>bean mouth again
And they said modern Kyoani anime looks totally different from K-ON...
>>
>>157485451
are you retarded?
>>
>>157485656
Well yeah, it does. Modern KyoAni is much more detailed and on-model than K-On.
>>
>>157444321
Haven't read manga, but I agree that they should have given Ueno more time, cos she seems to act unreasonable and i'm quite sure she has her reasons which haven't been shown in movie
>>
Why they forced her to read, sing etc? It's not a way which you can treat a deaf person...
It's like you would ask a legless person for playing the football.
>>
I had disabled people in a class too (in elementary school and high school), we always tried to help them and make them feel comfortable.
This movie was heartbreaking for me. I really don't understand how can you treat people like this.
>>
File: 59334925_p0.png (1MB, 1366x2559px) Image search: [Google]
59334925_p0.png
1MB, 1366x2559px
I want Ueno to beat me up.
>>
>>157485872
"Discrimination" if you don't let them be involved in all class activities, I imagine
>>
>>157458622
She just try to tease Shouya, only Sahara is a lesbian.
>>
Where's my fucking kissu, Kyoanus?
>>
>>157485872
Reading is an important skill even if you deaf, there's deaf people who can speaking and hearing by watching other people's mouth. You can't use sign language to speak to people can't understand it, and note can't use every where, also she decided to go to normal schools because she want to do that, there's no reason to not do it if she wants to.
>>
File: slut.jpg (47KB, 284x627px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
47KB, 284x627px
>>
Notice how Shouko's mother is so shit she didn't bother to learn sign language, while both grandma and lil' rat girl did.
>>
>>157485451
You subconsciously alter the tone of your voice when you can hear it so it sounds "normal"

If you're deaf you're unaware that you're making any mistakes so it eventually becomes a strange monotone murmur over time.
>>
>>157486795
the same reason she sent her to school with normal kids. She forced her to be normal in every way.
>>
>>157486344
If she wants.
I don't think that she wanted. It was a pressure of her mother and her surroundings. She was told for being 'normal' .
>>
I don't hate Ueno actually. The worst kind of people are people who acts like that piece of shit Kawai.
>>
>>157487944
I don't like Ueno but she is honest about her feeling

Even when the manga was going on Kawai always got under my skin with how she put the blame on everyone else which was fine as she was written to be that way and it was done well..
>>
>>157487944
I like Ueno.
>>
>>157487550
You are full of shit. I can plug my ears and talk just fine
>>
>>157488176
You are an idiot. No, you can't. And you occasionally will forget how loud you should speak if you don't hear yourself.
>>
>>157488176
How do you explain a deaf person how to talk in the first place?
>>
>>157487944
I hate Ueno but Kawai even more.
>>
File: 1409935001618.jpg (359KB, 677x638px) Image search: [Google]
1409935001618.jpg
359KB, 677x638px
>>157474449
>translator dropping his trip
What happened to Thaifag anyway? I miss him
>>
>>157444321
Look at you all fancy. I would've just called it shit because the deaf girl and the dense fuck didn't get romantic closure. Also Shouko's suicide attempt really made me dislike her.
>>
>>157483527
Kill yourself, twitter nigger.
>>
>>157487944
Ueno is a huge bitch, but I agree at least Ueno doesn't try to hide it and acts all innocent.
>>
>>157485451
>what is a feedback loop?
Retard.
>>
>>157485975
I can. People with disabilities revolt me in very extreme, physical ways. My mother used to have a crippled friend and she would invite her over a lot. I made nauseous and I even puked once. I really, really hate handicapped people. They should die.
>>
>>157490043
This, crippled people are not people.
>>
>>157488176
You still hear yourself talking you fucking moron. Sound propagates through the skull.
>>
>>157445453
Ueno is just a regular bitch, where do you get the 24/7 part? she has brothers and sisters, also friends, we just see the aawful part because the story goes about shoko, someone she hates. You bringing up the teacher seems pretty stupid, we only know he's a shitty teacher.
it would make more sense mentioning yuzuru as an unreal character, there were some parts in the manga where I would think "damn, a girl can't be this sharp"
>>
>>157473332
In the manga he came back after some years
>>
>>157487944
Ueno was both very hateble and likable at the same time. I liked her for her honestly but hated her for being such a bitch about it.
>>
>>157464465

That was the first and last time she showed a anger. She went back to be a human punch bag after that.
>>
>>157488176
Are people on /a/ unironically this stupid?
>>
>>157493501
The suicide was an expression of anger, or self-hatred i.e. anger turned inwards
>>
>>157489255
Thank you anon.

But I mean the entire stitch.
The one that also includes the manga clippings.
>>
>>157489255
By the way, he dropped the trip cause the scans he was using were lost, so there was no need for him to keep his trip when there was nothing for him to translate anymore.
>>
>>157489255
All the weeklies rage thread with anons was worth it
>>
>>157493501
She got angry at Yuzuru for putting that photo online, which is why she left.

She felt confident enough to express her affection to Shouya, and it's a real pity that the only other big happy emotion she shows is just to friends and nothing really important comes from her trying to express her affection.
>>
>>157494104
The stitch I am looking for relates to this.
It shows how anons thought it was going to get better but it only got worse as weeks went on.

It was fun being in those threads.
>>
I have to say that while i enjoyed it quite a bit it really didnt flow as well as the manga. The first half in general was really odd in its pacing with a lot of scene and tone jumps. It was just kinda all over. They really needed more time and it shows. Also as has been said cutting so much of the backstories really hurt it.

It was still pretty damn good though.
>>
Best subs?

Nii-sama or 35mm?
>>
>>157495716
35mm is localized while Nii-sama keeps honorifcs/Japanese name order
>>
>>157486044
Those are some top tier thighs
>>
>>157495716

I watched Nii-sama and it was pretty good except for a few small issues that wont bother you unless your autistic.

Also if 35mm uses western name order fuck them in the ear.
>>
>>157495716
>>157495856
>>157495942
>>157495989
Comparison between Nii-sama and 35mm from the most recent .ass files I could find.

Left is Nii-sama, right is 35mm.

I haven't watched the movie yet so I'm not sure, but based on what I've read (only first 5 minutes) 35mm is better.
>>
>>157497931
Forgot to put the link: https://www.diffchecker.com/iDBqzUIX
>>
>>157495942
>Scene with Ueno comes up.
>It focuses on her thighs.

They knew.
>>
>>157493501
Just because the movie doesn't show you every instance in her life when she got angry doesn't mean that she only got angry during the moments where she is portrayed in the film to get angry.

Is /a/ full of 12 year olds or something?
>>
>>157498052
>Is /a/ full of 12 year olds or something?
lol, yes
>>
If you've read the manga then this movie was just a let down, they did do an amazing job with the ending compared to the manga and cutting the subplot though, but they could have had a much greater impact if they left so much more in. This suffers greatly due to time restraint where if this was made into a 10-12 episode series it would of shined above and beyond. Everything is just stitched together, the movie left out the teacher agreeing with shouya, going back to the school with Mashiba which really builds him as a character, or where Shouko wakes up crying and then runs to the bridge after seeing it in her dream, they dont even explain why Yuzuru takes pictures of dead things cause of what her sister said about wanting to die, this could of been a serious masterpiece about depressing, anxiety, feeling like you're just a burden to the point you attempt suicide, etc etc
>>
>>157498376
>or where Shouko wakes up crying and then runs to the bridge after seeing it in her dream, they dont even explain why Yuzuru takes pictures of dead things cause of what her sister said about wanting to die
Both these things were in the movie.
>>
>>157497931
If something reads better, it doesn't mean that translation is better. Usually is quite opposite.
>>
>>157487944
at least Ueno doesn't try to hide her bitchy'ness
Kawai tries.
>>
>>157495989
Western name order is the least issue of those subs. Seriously, western name order is bearable, but deep changes in dialogues, heavy liberal editing, changes in personalities, lack of honorifics, simplified dialogues are not. That's how 35mm is. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an commie member with different alias.
>>
>>157485846
Ueno is worse in the manga, and even in the very end she can't like Shouko and states this herself.
>>
>>157475982
it goes from a pinhole, representing isolation to full light, along with flashes of the many friends he had/has to represent he's no longer alone
>>
>>157499746
Haven't watched 35mm, but there are translation errors in Mashiro/Nii-sama.
For example, Shouya says here
>西宮に俺のことどう思ってるのか聞いておけばよかった
Which roughly translate to
>I should have asked Nishimiya what she thought of me
>>
Simple but favorite things Yamada did was:
>Un-manlet Shouya
>no movie subplot
>no unbelievable bullshit of the camera taking a picture of nishimiya about to jump when it was dropped
>finishing the movie at the festival
>>
>>157480869
>All the necessary details are in the film. I haven't read the manga.
Then how can you be sure retard?
>proceeds to rant about his shit taste
You just like yourself the most.
>>
>>157500174
Then don't even touch the 35mm, if something like this what you provided bothers you. 35mm is more like adaptation than translation. Author of those subs knows better than original script makers what characters wanted to say and how.
>>
>>157498052

>Just because the a movie doesn't something doesn't mean it never happened
>If you disagreed with me it means you are underage

Yea anon you are a great example of maturity.

By the way she was punching bag in the manga too.
>>
>>157478892
Same. I really can't believe the amount of quality this movie had in terms of production values. The facial expressions, hand gestures, body language were great.
>>
>>157500413
It doesn't bother me that there are translation errors, as I know enough Japanese to hear any big differences. I'm just pointing out that Mashiro/Nii-sama isn't perfect.
Like I said, I really haven't touched 35mm and probably never will anyway.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1735x1623px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1735x1623px
>>157498030
>I'm sure the audience will start losing interest right here, what do?
>Put some legs in the shot
>>
File: 1478582384236.jpg (205KB, 1080x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1478582384236.jpg
205KB, 1080x1187px
>**1位/**1位 (*27,159 pt) [*,*14予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (Special Edition 1) [Blu-ray]
>**2位/**2位 ◎ (*12,132 pt) [*,*22予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (4K Ultra HD) [Blu-ray]
>**3位/**3位 ○ (*11,936 pt) [*,**4予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa [DVD]
>**4位/**4位 (**9,390 pt) [*,*16予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (Special Edition 3) [Blu-ray]
>**5位/**5位 ◎ (*10,327 pt) [*,*32予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
>**7位/**7位 (*25,974 pt) [*,*30予約] 17/05/17 Koe no Katachi [Blu-ray]
>*12位/*12位 (**5,648 pt) [*,**8予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
>*17位/*18位 ○ (**6,356 pt) [*,**1予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (Standard Edition ) [DVD]
>*21位/*21位 (**4,366 pt) [*,**3予約] 17/07/26 Kimi no Na wa (Standard Edition ) [Blu-ray]
>*29位/*31位 (**5,177 pt) [*,**3予約] 17/05/17 Koe no Katachi (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray]
>*32位/*34位 ○ (**6,059 pt) [*,**1予約] 17/05/17 Koe no Katachi [DVD]

What happened, boys?
>>
>>157500492
Yeah, I found fee small errors too, but there is no such thing like perfect translation. I know Japanese enough for watching without subs, but having the subs is better because you can actually check if you are not 100% sure about something.
Tbh, I was really surprised about the Nii-sama / Mashiro subs quality. Seeing (actual) translation instead adaptation nowadays is pretty rare. That's why I'm pointing that 35mm is a fuckin shit for normalfags who can't process new informations.
I started learning Japanese many years ago just because of the tl quality. Especially in games, translations in games were always shitty and now they are even more shitty. Now I'm really glad that I put tons of my free time on learning Japanese.
>>
>>157500693
Wow the highest grossing anime film ever is beating Koe no Katachi?
Really mobilizes my melon
>>
>>157500693
Kimi no na wa is not a bad movie, but I found it totally overrated. Koe no Katachi is a much better and deeper production.
>>
>>157500693
Back to your shitposting thread.
>>
>>157500814
they're both great
i feel like i'm worryingly isolated in holding this position
>>
>>157501114
Personally I'm even more excited to watch it now that I've seen Koe no Katachi.
>>
>>157444321
I'm wondering - are Japanese schools so shitty that that kind of bullying would be allowed to go that far, or was it artistic license in the original story?
I've been to schools all over the world while I was growing up and there is no way that shit would be tolerated - and this is accounting for "pre-bully-zero tolerance" atmosphere. I know kids can be fucking cruel but there simply is no way that it would go so far as destroying 4 sets of hearing aids - as an example. The thing that really confuses me is how most "slice of life" portrayals of middle and high school are so much more reserved than how western and European schools are.

The first 20 to 30 minutes absolutely killed my believability in the story - beautifully directed intro though.
>>
I want to fuck this little JS brat.
>>
File: 14721226891420.jpg (40KB, 368x604px) Image search: [Google]
14721226891420.jpg
40KB, 368x604px
>never bothered to read the manga
>witness /a/ sperg out for years about Ueno
>think she's literally Hitler reborn and roasts kittens for breakfast
>watch the movie
>she's just a normal person with some flaws
>>
looks like overhyped shit just like Your Name
>>
>>157501744
At least KnK has actual plot with characters instead of sunday morning cartoon bodyswap
>>
>>157501541
>JS
Fuck off, /jp/.
>>
>>157501732
Ueno was the best girl. Shouko was shit.
>>
>>157501732
>>157501890
You're both shit
>>
>>157501926
Good people don't try to kill themselves.
>>
>>157501979
People who experienced too much shit will think about it regardless how good they are
>>
So what could she hear with the aids?
>>
I haven't read the manga and just watched the movie. You can tell there is too much content for the two hours, they should have cut out characters. The whole movie feels rushed, the characters don't develop in a natural way but just "jump" from A to B.
>>
>>157501541
>JS
Fuck off niwaka.
>>
>>157502051
noises
>>
>>157501732
Ueno is shit but I don't care because she's fuckable.
>>
>>157474955
Where can I find that?
>>
Did the bluray add any extra parts? I saw the film in cinemas
>>
>>157501979
>I know nothing about depression
>>
>>157502239
>>157502047
>Depressed enough to end yourself before your parents
A shit person.
>>
So what actual group is going to release it? Cartel most likely wont (at least not in this decade)
>>
>>157502296
You are either trolling or a giant ass.
>>
>>157502356
horriblesubs have said they're doing it this weekend
>>
>Shouko's mom part cut completely
>Chad brah's part cut completely
>Fatass' part cut completely
>Yuzu's part cut completely
T-thanks Kyani...
>>
>>157502386
I'd rather have my subs delivered with morse code through my asshole than using HS.
>>
>>157502367
I can see why so many pathetic shits can sympathize with her.
>>
>>157502473

Simply no time. There was too much in it with all that cut anyway.
>>
>>157502572
Well maybe they should've done a show then instead of lesbianic orchestra or lesbianic dragons
>>
>>157502496
hmmmmm
>>
>>157502356
35mm is a representative of cartel.
Anyway, anything besides Doki is not worth. Anonsubs nowadays are much better,because most of functioning groups nowadays are the cartel groups.
>>
It just watched [Nii-sama] and it was totally fine.
>>
>>157502542
but you're shit
>>
>>157502140
Yeah there's a kiss scene after the credits
>>
>>157502876
Which really felt out of place, just like everything in this movie.
>>
>>157502910
Yeah yeah this movie was so bad fuck kyoanus
>>
>>157502955
It's not typical KyoAni work because I like it.
>>
File: 1490863372264.jpg (311KB, 1073x701px) Image search: [Google]
1490863372264.jpg
311KB, 1073x701px
fucking kyoanus, i wanted this scene
>>
Just finished it, this is why i don't watch Japanese romance shit, too much drama and people wanting to kill themselves for fucks sake.

Why does japan have the need to remind you they have one of the highest rates of suicides?
>>
>>157503330
It's not a romance
>>
>>157501890
this.
Ueno is the only memorable one out of the movie
>>
>>157503415
>Drama, Romance, Slice of life

Heh, you tell me. Not like it didn't have blatant romance themes
>>
Will KyoAni ever make a movie as good as Disappearance again?
>>
>>157503583
Disappearance was a bad movie.
>>
>>157503330
>25th place based on 2016 WHO list
>even Belgium is higher
git gud elevens
>>
>>157503330
We are very rarely "reminded" of this in Anime. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I was actually shocked that it was a theme in this (didn't read the Manga). I'd even say the subject of suicide in Anime is severely underrepresented compared to the rate of occurrence in Japan.
>>
>>157503547
where are you getting those genre tags?
>>
>>157503324
Shit and irrelevant to anything.
>>
>>157503583
>>157503599
Yeah I haven't seen the series but the plot for Disappearance was insanely dumb
>>
>>157503618
If the only anime you watch is from Kyoani then there is no surprise you think that
>>
>>157503789
Name 50 anime which remind us about Japan's suicide rates.
>>
>>157501114
I've only seen KnK at this point, once a decent copy of Kimi comes out I'll probably be in the same boat as you.
>>
>>157503583
Koe no Katachi and Tamako Love Story are better and the studio's cinematic peak.
>>
>>157503972
Please don't use this aberration.
KnK now means
Koe no Katachi
Kara no Kyoukai
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Kyoukai no Kanata
>>
>>157502846
he is right, you're a shit and weak person like the fuckwits that tried to kill themselves

Next time you talk shit about my waifu i will push you off the bridge
>>
>>157504170
Since it's a thread about this particular series, I figured most people would understand I mean Koe no Katachi and not one of a dozen other shows that have the same shortening.
>>
>>157444446
What the fuck? Your entire argument was sound until this.
It basically makes you out to be a retarded yurifag who can't understand fictional female interactions, even if they're spelled out for you over plenty of chapters.
>>
>>157504285
you are shit person with shit waifu
everything's in place I see
>>
>>157504285
>le killing yourself is le weakness
Back to facebook you go, nigger
>>
File: Shouko_transparent.png (1MB, 1000x1435px) Image search: [Google]
Shouko_transparent.png
1MB, 1000x1435px
I think I'm in love with Shouko guys
>>
>>157503583
Koe no Katachi is better and you dont need to be fan of garbage harem romcom LN literature to enjoy it
>>
>>157504634
So it's facebook thing. Seems kids these days being shitty is not a meme
>>
>>157504724
A BROB I NON
>>
File: Koe-no-Katachi--1132x509.png (505KB, 1132x509px) Image search: [Google]
Koe-no-Katachi--1132x509.png
505KB, 1132x509px
>>157504724
Best girl
>>
File: 1492947956960.png (56KB, 311x693px) Image search: [Google]
1492947956960.png
56KB, 311x693px
>>157504724
>>
>>157504513
have fun living your shit life while you still have courage to do it

>>157504634
show us how strong you are by killing yourself, maybe you will win a medal by doing it

I cannot understand how people can think that is a way to solve a problem, for fucking sake, even ignoring everything that happened and running away like the Sahara kid did is a better choice. I was just mad by all the fucking drama
>>
>>157504990
cute
>>
>>157500764
No need to be sarcastic.

Refer to the pic on my post. You guys said there would be Oscars. Where are the Oscars?
>>
>>157501835
No need to be so apparent with your salt.
>>
>>157505037
>>157505015
>>157504724
>being attracted to a retard
>>
>>157505039
Grow up
>>
File: Shouko.png (399KB, 582x739px) Image search: [Google]
Shouko.png
399KB, 582x739px
>>157505204
She's not retarded, just deaf.
Besides, a deaf girlfriend would be the best girlfriend
>tfw you will never have to put up with her nagging
>>
She has the cutest voice.
Saori is really a good actress.
>>
Deaf or not, I bet everyone here on /a/ would settle on it
>>
File: 1489983420691.jpg (772KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489983420691.jpg
772KB, 1920x1080px
>>157505204
You actually understand how your mother feels after all
>>
>>157505226
No need, i will just enjoy my time and actually defend my interests when the situation call it.

Caring about being grown up in other people's opinion is stupid -- If the law calls for it, my ID will be enough.
>>
>>157505039
And I cannot understand how faggots like you can think that taking a dick up your rear end is pleasurable, doesn't mean the emotions and reasonings leading up to it aren't valid.
Other people have different thought processes and emotions than you, that doesn't mean they're wrong and you're right.
>>
Ueno is literally the hottest girl I've ever seen
>>
>>157506148
It is pleasurable. You should try it.
>>
>>157506148
This does not mean that i have to keep up with that quiet. If i feel i need to, i will show you your bullshit an how you've bean a coward and weak.

I cannot change how the world works but i can try to solve things by being proactive about its problems, being right or wrong is up to me to decide -- and if later i discover that i was wrong, when i thought i was right, it will be up to me to fix it.
>>
>>157506468
>bean a coward
i meant been, i actually keked about it
>>
>>157505454

being deaf is a huge attitude red flag. I don't know about a Japanese deaf girl or deaf culture in Japan - but I'd never date a western deaf girl - The deaf communities in the states, no matter the state I worked in, were an endless factory for assholes... that and paraplegic communities. Deaf people in general are simply not nice people. They tend to internalize resentment for those around them who can hear to one extent or another. Compound any normal relationship turmoil and it's just not worth it. It might be cruel, but the attitudes they tend to foster and cultivate is an automatic handicap against them. I don't have any experience with blind people so I don't know if it's the same. There is nothing more spiteful and obnoxious than a disabled asshole. It's such a huge drain that I'd just nope the fuck out at the get go. Life pro tip: It might seem exotic to you - but no, just no, you would be better off dating someone with a personality disorder than you would someone who was either in a wheelchair or who was deaf.

>Shouko is a highly romanticized if not completely fictional portrayal of a deaf person. They are in reality much more often than not one of natures most distilled assholes
>>
>>157505454
You think lacking one of the senses had no impact on her development? She may not be retarded, but she's a dummy.
Also, enjoy having a gf who fills your house with dead silence, and with whom you can't casually chat about things without waving your fucking arms, or go to movies together, as a bonus she sounds like a dying goat during sex
>>
>>157505693
>>157506468
You clearly lack imagination and/or experience concerning others minds
>>
>>157506679
>enjoy having a gf who fills your house with dead silence
Sounds like pure bliss imo
>>
>>157506679
Sounds like perfection
>>
>>157506801
Yes, i am blockhead but i see no reason to try change how i am.

The things i value and admire are the things people who hate characters like Ueno or Kitahara (the only with relatable problems i can think of) does not like.

There is no need to undestand how other people works, you just have to fix them when there is a problem -- But they will refuse to do it, so i will hate them and complain to them about it, or in the last case, i find a way to deal with the situation without them.
>>
>>157506902
Not mentioning about the other fact. If you are able to spend your time with other person in silence, then it means that you have a deep relationship.
I'm not telling that I'm searching for relationship with deaf women. But I don't think that it would be a huge problem to date a pure hearted deaf girl for me. I wouldn't be easy for sure. But I just don't understand why should I reject someone only because she is unable to hear.
>>
File: 338.jpg (422KB, 2048x2773px) Image search: [Google]
338.jpg
422KB, 2048x2773px
>>157507168
My reply made think about other characters with similar way of thinking and i remembered about Reina, who also visually looks a lot like Ueno.

I wonder what people who hates Ueno thinks about Reina.
>>
>>157507457
Reina is a teacher's whore
>>
>>157505454
>all you have to do to make her shut up is close your eyes
Pure bliss
>>
>>157506679
Sign language is really easy once you learn it - it's not like you're juggling flaming bowling balls each time you talk.
>>
>>157507457
Reina would probably hate Shouko too, but she would ignore the peer pressure to bully her and just have nothing to do with her
>>
>>157507955
Only sucks that each country has its own sign language.
>>
File: Reina.jpg (63KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
Reina.jpg
63KB, 700x950px
>>157507457
Reina is not the kind to be holding grudges. She is too selfish for that.
>>
>>157507168
>Yes, i am blockhead but i see no reason to try change how i am.
>There is no need to undestand how other people works, you just have to fix them when there is a problem
Then you'll have people telling you you're a socially retarded asshole and disassociating themselves from you for the rest of your life. If you're fine with that than ok, no problem. I've got no issue with someone being a socially retarded asshole so long as they're willing to admit they're a socially retarded asshole and stop trying to force their worldview onto others. Kinda like how Ueno's a bitch, but she's knows and is willing to admit it while trying to get along with others anyways.
>>
>>157508023
The reason that Ueno started to bully Shouko wasn't more because of her feelings for Ishida? I might have lost something for being an animeonlyfag but i think i was able to understand her character quite well, i don't understand how peer pressure enter the equation.
>>
File: 4823.webm (2MB, 720x389px) Image search: [Google]
4823.webm
2MB, 720x389px
wtf was Nishimiya signing
>>
>>157508224
Try to fuck up with sensei and see if that is true.
>>
>>157508438

I'm pretty sure she was scolding Yuzuru for uploading the image that got Ishida suspended. I don't read sign but contextually it makes sense (ipad, Yuzuru reflecting on it when the subject came up).

"Don't do that again" or "leave him alone".
>>
File: 62988822_p0.jpg (251KB, 800x992px) Image search: [Google]
62988822_p0.jpg
251KB, 800x992px
This is my girlfriend, Nishimiya Shouko. She's deaf. Say something nice about her.
>>
>>157508921
Why? She won't hear it
>>
>>157508320
I am ok with that, but meddling on things and forcing my opinion on other people is part of the package of being an asshole. I don't think Ueno changed for long without starting making trouble again, actually she just did not change.
>>
>>157508921
Weird.
>>
>>157508987
That's the joke
>>
>>157502051
Only helped her listen to really load noises. Most of the sounds she heard were indistinguishable, which is why she had to use her notebook to communicate.

The reason she tried to commit suicide after the festival is that she realized she could no longer hear in her good ear (she used to have two hearing aids, but as she's older she only has one. Her progressive hearing loss is foreshadowed when she's shown being sad at the doctor)
>>
>>157502876
Wait, what? There's a kissing scene in the Koe no Katachi blueray?
>>
>I'll return the money
>when it clearly says "I'm returning the money"
Why the fuck did you tell me 35mm was OK?
>>
>>157504348
OP here.

It wasn't 100% serious. But a man can dream.
>>
>>157506679
Deaf people have normal intelligence if they learn sign language at the appropriate age.

It's only a huge issue if they don't. (Which is the reason the word dumb is synonymous with unintelligent in casual speak.)
>>
>>157508387
Manga is pretty blatant that Ueno thinks Ishida is picking on Nishimiya becuase he likes her.
>>
>>157509665
I think you're bullshitting
>>
>>157509947
That's what i thought, she had a reason, albeit a shit one. She was not forced by her peers to comply with the bullying to fitting in.
>>
>>157445884
>having a father who abandons his children because his daughter "came defective and it was his wife's fault" is comically villainous.

Actually, it's very realistic and not ''comically villainous'' at all. A parent leaving their child because of some defect, physical or mental, or not wanting to get closer to them even if they do stay with the family and blaming it on the other side of the blood relation isn't farfetched at all.
>>
>>157510146
She was later forced to bully Ishida.
>>
>>157510146
>>157510224
She was a kid who didn't know any better. Which is why she makes a big effort to make up with Ishida when she meets him again.

>>157510171
For one, the disease isn't genetic, it was an infection. Second, most people would do that in a way that doesn't outright stigmatize their child. They usually fight for other things and blame those for leaving, when in reality it was their child's disability. If they had made something like that it would have been a bit more realistic.
>>
>>157510224
i might have missed that, she feels bad herself for being unable to do anything but she did not bullied him

did that really happened in the manga?
>>
>>157510447
Yes. Ishida's former blonde best friend forced her to help him throw him into fountain then forced her to write stuff on his desk. She regrets she didn't resisted much and she tells him she was afraid of what would happen if she didn't do that.
>>
>>157510138
Haven't finished it yet, is it not in line with the story?
Though to be honest the tense for present can be used for future, but it didn't seem to make sense in context.
>>
>>157510679
That makes me feel bad, i thought she was a little more sure about her feelings. I will try to read the manga one day, i want to understand better why she would do that.
>>
>>157473912
>>157474421

Brazil has the world's largest population of ethnic Japanese outside of Japan
>>
>>157510757
Got to the moment when I'm sure I got it right.
Wonder how the idiot managed to fuck it up.
>>
>>157506602
Deaf people ARE assholes. They've isolated the cause of genetic deafness and deaf parents push hard against medical procedures that could cure it because they WANT a deaf baby
>>
>>157511560
OK what the fuck. I got "lightly edited 35mm subs with added correct romanizations". Nice bullshit on uploader's part.
>>
File: 00.20.14.jpg (111KB, 653x777px) Image search: [Google]
00.20.14.jpg
111KB, 653x777px
why is there blood on her face? didn't she try to pay for all the broken hearing aids
>>
Is the UK BD release out?
>>
>>157511647
It was her earring.
>>
>>157511647
An eye for an eye
>>
>>157511647
You know how dumb anime fans are when they think Shouko's mother did that to her.
>>
>>157511443
Its become like a culture to them
>>
>>157511847
She did though
>>
Really good movie. Almost didn't watch it because of the retarded Anuslickers giving it bad fame.
>>
>>157509605
I can confirm there is not, just watched my bluray and there was nothing after the credits. Only profound sadness because no kissu.
>>
>>157512767
I'm guessing all the shitposting about subs is just autism and doesn't really matter.
>>
>>157511847
Then what happened genius? Spontaneous bleeding?

>>157512845
Oh no. :^(
>>
File: tfw no kissu.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no kissu.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Anybody actually like those inconclusive endings? Who is the target audience for that shit? Did it ever improve sales? Does it make critics like the movie more? Is it some kind of misguided 'creative integrity'?
Do they only do it to spite us?
I don't understand.
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.