[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It isn't that anime as a whole was a mistake, just the method

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: miyazaki.jpg (461KB, 2007x2950px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.jpg
461KB, 2007x2950px
It isn't that anime as a whole was a mistake, just the method of making it was.
Overproduction is bad.
>>
Anime is getting better because there's more of it now.
>>
>>157440734
Enjoy your moe-blob loli shit.

The industry is garbage. It seems that every anime currently is made to sell more LN.

Everytime they just make 2-3 seasons without any closure because its just for shilling the LN. Anime is fucking shit right now.
>>
>>157440734
>>>/v/
>>
>>157440968
Anime used to be made to sell toys, it just evolved.
>>
>>157440825
90% of everything is shit, regardless of the sample size.

More anime being made means more anime that are not shit.
>>
File: 1475685836964.png (359KB, 342x380px) Image search: [Google]
1475685836964.png
359KB, 342x380px
>>157440734
Is it just not plausible to not continue a series that isn't an established brand anymore? All the 1-2 season LN adaptations scream desperate cash grab of a dying industry.
>>
>>157440985
But it is true. Overproductive isnt good thing and there really should be 50+ shows every season
>>
>>157440734
>Overproduction is bad.
This is true, I think Thomas Romain is a huge faggot but he does offer insight form the industry that an over-excited kid like Bahi (who I like 100x more as a person mind you) couldn't give us and it all adds up perfectly, especially with how so much TV anime these days is half the length it used to be.
>>157440825
I know /a/ loves to shit on this guy and there's a fuckton of criticism to direct at him but he's still the least bad anglosphere "anime critic" I can think of. It might not be saying much at all but I legitimately think he is.

A lot of people like Ben Ettinger and I've followed him for eons but I think his writing style is too self-serious and he's a bit too concerned with what others will think of him.
>>
>>157441507
Bit it should not ne quantity > quality
>>
>>157441540
That's only relevant for particular studios/personnel, as in one studio is making more anime than they should be. The industry growing as a whole doesn't mean quantity is prioritized over quantity, just that more new people are making anime.
>>
>>157441623
Maybe things are different, though, given that often shows are mostly animated by freelancers. A lot of animators jump from studio to studio, project to project, just to make a living.
>>
>>157441684
There are people being overworked, but they're usually on the bottom ring. Directors, producers, and character designers, who have more substantial impact on the outcome of shows, usually get to pick their projects more carefully, especially if they're critically successful.

But again, people working for as freelancers doesn't mean quantity is being prioritized over quantity, only studios deciding to make too many anime does. Some, like A-1 pictures, do, KyoAni doesn't.
>>
File: tomino-pic.png (339KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
tomino-pic.png
339KB, 400x538px
>>157440734
Who cares what he thinks? He hasn't produced a single work which saved anime in his 50 years in the industry. When will you idiots start posting out of context and/or made up quotes from the true villainous old man of anime?
>>
>>157441511
Now now, the LN industry has never been this strong! I want to thank the anime industry for contributing greatly and whoring itself out without rest. Truly a fitting position for an inferior medium.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.