[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomoko used to be a genuinely sympathetic relatable character.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1385064.jpg (71KB, 1000x556px) Image search: [Google]
1385064.jpg
71KB, 1000x556px
Tomoko used to be a genuinely sympathetic relatable character.

What the actual fuck happened?
>>
>>157389748
Realism happened. That's what happens to anons who don't have the balls to kill themselves.
>>
>>157389748
Drugs?
>>
Stopped reading ages ago. She wasn't really sympathetic, but she was relatable. I'm guessing she's changing and is not as relatable to you guys anymore, but you should have expected that; no way a series for youngsters would have a protagonist who fails despite wanting to change; that's too depressing.
>>
>>157389777
Not killing myself certainly didn't give me friends or change my personality. I just have to work in addition to my total hatred for existence.
>>
>>157390588
>she was relatable
Was she though? NHK Satou was relatable, she was a comedic exaggeration with very questionable characterization.
>>
>>157390871
Didn't stopped /v/ and /r9k/ from spawning a whole "I'm just like Tomoko xDDD" wave, just like when /a/ thought they were all like Konata
>>
>>157389748
She got friends, now I can't relate to her anymore
>>
>>157389748
Same thing with every "friendless" character. Normalfag writers deserve death
>>
>>157391027
That's why no one will ever top NHK, not soon at least. It's basically an autobiography and author actually know what he's talking about.
>>
>>157390871
Satou was next level. Tomoko was more relatable in a more general manner: a shy, social awkward, pessimistic otaku.
>>
What is this "I need to relate and project myself into the character to enjoy it" shit?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (49KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
49KB, 356x200px
>>157389748
I still find her pretty relatable. Her kinks are just different than mine. I'll admit I'm largely animeonly, though. I just read a chapter here and there, not current.

Is there some recent development that brought you to this precipice, senpai?

Should I fear?
>>
>>157391149
I don't need to but it's nice to read about someone I can really sympathize with, and it fucking sucks that authors don't go through with their characters being losers.
>>
>>157391198
That's pretty idiotic. Tomoko has undergone good character development, subtle and not abrupt or unrealistic. She is still awkward around others, and still holds a lot of her prejudices about other characters, but you can see her growth in the number of "friends" or acquaintances she has gained since the last 3-4 volumes and her interactions with them.

She is definitely still a "loser", just not the same loser that she was in the beginning. If you fail to see that, then you just want her to be the same throughout the manga so as not to feel left out. Why someone would rather project into a stereotype rather than read about a well-rounded character is beyond me.
>>
File: kitahara.jpg (237KB, 657x989px) Image search: [Google]
kitahara.jpg
237KB, 657x989px
>>157391198
Tomoko changing was promised from the beginning. You should have seen it coming.

Only when we have a protag like this girl, can there be a character who remains a loser rather than becoming a normalfag.
>>
>>157391423
Character development is a fucking meme.
>>
>>157391634
Kurosawa manga is like Tomoko but good
>>
>>157391048
NHK is pure garbage though
>>
>>157389748

Tomoko is relatable but from the beginning she's been shown to be a shitty person. It's just more obvious now
>>
>>157392834
Shitty from whose perspective? A normalfags? And just because someone is shitty doesn't mean I can't like them anyway.
>>
File: large.jpg (106KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
106KB, 500x495px
>>
File: small.gif (793KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
small.gif
793KB, 500x281px
>>157393050
>>
Tomoko is for Ucchi
>>
>>157391198
It was fairly obvious from the get-go it was going to happen, it's based on the author's experiences (minus sad stuff like bullying) and he works with a grill and a professional magazine.
>>
>>157391634
I should read that again
>>
>>157390905
Kill yourself.
>>
File: watamote_c115_004.png (194KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [Google]
watamote_c115_004.png
194KB, 870x1236px
>>157389748

Its called character development. Our girl is growing up.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.