[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it deserve a proper adaptation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14

File: 1484694037350.jpg (139KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484694037350.jpg
139KB, 1024x768px
Does it deserve a proper adaptation?
>>
>>157352447
it sure does
>>
>>157352447
Not really, everything after Haou kind of fell apart and went shounen as fuck. Sure the ending is "deep" but that doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>157352447
no, let it die
the series went to shit after the really enjoyable start
leave it in your memories as good before reality sets in and sadness follows
>>
>>157352447
Yes
>>
>>157352686
>>157352706
>ITT fucking shitters
Just die
>>
Does it get better from vol 1? Cuz, I remember it being kinda all over the place and really mediocre. Also I saw random episodes from the a, but don't know what was to context behind them.
>>
>>157353620
Just read it(read it on Batoto btw)
>>
File: 1491707590611.jpg (192KB, 887x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1491707590611.jpg
192KB, 887x1400px
Reminder that Yoh could have become more powerful than Hao if he wanted to
>>
>>157353620
I like it and found it more interesting than the vast majority of shonen. People say it goes clusterfuck and they're not entirely wrong, but it has some great moments and actually ends properly.
>>
>>157354349
>and actually ends properly.
Even Takei wouldn't agree with you
>>
>>157352447
I only watched the anime.
What was the point of that snowboard guy. Did he made more sense in the manga?
>>
File: Tao_Jun.jpg (173KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tao_Jun.jpg
173KB, 640x480px
>>157352447
we haven't had mankin threads in months and this week we had about 3, what gives? also lyzerg ruined the show by making ryu look like a faggot.
>>
File: 1484764536522.png (219KB, 926x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1484764536522.png
219KB, 926x1400px
>>157354516
I really liked Horohoro in the manga. He could seem genuinely pissed without being an edgelord
>>
File: 1483831321350.jpg (209KB, 1012x750px) Image search: [Google]
1483831321350.jpg
209KB, 1012x750px
>>157352447
Only if the origi n a l s e i y u u s c o m e b a c k
>>
>>157352447
Nope, the first adaption had a better ending than the manga and the manga in general is an pseudo-deep average shonen.
>>
>>157352447
Unless you can revive people from death, it isn't going to happen
>>
>>157354530
>we haven't had mankin threads in months and this week we had about 3, what gives?
I don't about others. but I suddenly had the thought of replaying masters of spirits and rewatching the anime. i'll probably will just read the manga while listening to the ost
north american opening sucks
>>
>>157352447
it's not the greatest shounen series, but the anime seriously didn't do the manga justice. there were actually plans to do a remake, but takei was a huge faggot and turned it down, with some lame excuse along the lines of "the music won't be the same"
>>
Reminder that Chocolove has the most furyoku of all the main characters.
>>
>>157352447
Definitely not since he literally refused for a remake to be made.
>>
>>157353246
What a fucking awful post. I learned nothing from it.
>>
>>157352447
If isn better than naruto and bleach rather not.
>>
No, it would become as cancerous and HxH became after the 2011 adaptation
>>
>>157360159
nah, the 2011 anime only brought out the shityness of 1999 anime fans
>>
>>157360303

Both are cancer
>>
I think so
though there will probably be nostalgiafags that will say the old anime was better
>>
>>157352447
Nah, the whole "Let's keep dying so we are revived stronger than ever" deal was pretty stupid
>>
>>157361113
Yeah I think it got worse when everyone learned to revive and reborn; remember Faust and Yoh fight? Now that's some tense shit about death.
>>
>>157352447
I dont know about the author´s decision, I only watched dub so I wouldnt mind the seiyuu unless its Goku´s original voice levels of weird, but I do think it needs the music at the level of the old anime it was just fitting for the story
>>
>>157352447
not unless they redo the whole soul resurrection rush scene, sure it's been established that they can resurrect people but the whole rush to haou to get power boost left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>157354452
did he meant he didnt like the ending or they way it ended? its two different things the way you look at it, but if its the way it ended I would agree with him that freaking soul resurrection rush
>>
>>157352447
Maybe if only to see the Matamune flashback
>>
>>157352447
Not after what the mangaka did. Refusing a remake because "muh same cast and OST".
>>
>>157354452
Will you fuck off with this meme already?
The ending was fine. It was Flowers that was bullshit
>>
>>157354530
I think my occasional rare shilling of mankin in recent years in /a/ might have worked(probably not)

I'd say it's getting enough discussion recently considering that the series never found it's footing on the west
>>
>>157358470
>north american opening sucks
Nigger I will fight you
That intro is the only good thing from the shitty 4kids dub

It's no "Oversoul" or "Northern Lights" by Megumi Hayashibara but it's still damn good
>>
>>157354111
hao = meruem
love is his weakness
>>
>>157368176
LOOK AROUND YOU LOOK BEYOND
YOU COULD MAKE AN UNBREAKABLE BOND
>>
>>157360159
Please shut up
This is not even a remotely comparable situation
Mankin anime never was that great compared to '99 HxH(I mean look at the animation in that shit...some of it was pure kino-tier shit that mankin anime only wishes it had)

A mankin remake would only be a step-up
>>
>>157361113
>>157361234
That shit was established from the beginning of the series with Yoh training in Yomi Cave and is an actual belief in Shamanism you shitters

Funny you mention Faust too since he was obsessed with reviving Eliza and the whole reincarnation/revival thing played a central part on his character

Heck reincarnation/revival is very integral to the series as a whole so I don't get why you shonenfags always complain about it
>>
Nah those powerups were already getting silly in anime. In manga they turn in mechas or some shit
>>
>>157362903
Except that's not how it happened at all
Jeanne only could revive 2-3 times before she ran out of Furyoku and eventually they had to go to sleep to restore their Furyoku
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws22hmdpFts
>>
Reading it right now, almost to chapter 200.

It definitely feels all over the place, and I actually laughed at the notion of power levels and tracking people's power level, but Ill see it through
>>
>>157352447
I liked manta getting a spirit in the anime.
>>
>>157368385
>In manga they turn in mechas or some shit
>Implying that isn't cool
You gay?
>>
>>157368423
I hope you're reading it in Batoto(only place that has Mappa Douji(Hao backstory special chapter) uploaded)

And in the middle mankin is definitely pretty messy but it settles down later on and becomes great again
>>
>>157352447
I didn't really care for Yoh's love interests. Anna was too much of a cunt and Tamayo was too much of a pushover. Maybe they should have combined to make a superior character.
>>
>>157368343
>"I'm weak!"
>Grinds dying
>"I'm strong now"
No idea what's wrong with it
>>
>>157368343
Except for the fact that Yoh had to sacrifice his participation in the tournament just to have Ren be resurrected only to have them start being revived willy nilly with no problem in the later chapters. It cheapens it.
>>
>>
>>157352686
>after Haou
But there was nothing after Hao, or do you mean after his introduction?
>>
>>157368710
>>
>>157368745
>>
>>157368578
Except they really didn't grind death constantly and the revival technique got introduced much later on and only few characters knew how to perform it/had enough furyoku to make it somewhat useful

Not to mention like I said Jeanne could only revive like 2-3 times before she ran out of Furyoku when they entered Mu Continent. Not to mention that whenever they were revived in the final arc they didn't get a huge power boost considering they were dead only for a short while anyways. If anything the last arc was like a hardcore dungeon crawling JRPG... I don't get why people complain about revivals in the arc where the revival technique was it's absolute weakest
>>
>>157368553
>Yoh's love interests
No such thing
Yoh was engaged to Anna before the series even started
>>
>>157352447
There were talks about a remake this year, but the author refused because it wouldn't have the original seiyuu nor OST, and then went complaining on twitter, so that probably trows the possibily out the window forever
>>
I spent a long time looking for this manga in JP a few months back.
>>
>>157368647
I don't see it
In the first place Ren allowed himself to be killed in an effort to repay his guilt

Revived willy nilly? Again how? Did you speedread through the final arc or something? Maiden ran out of furyoku after like 2 revivals.

Again I don't get why people make a big deal about deaths when it comes to this manga considering that Hao kills everyone in the end only to later revive them anyways. Death in Mankin is trivial and is more used for character development than it is used for Drama like in other series
>>
Make way for best opening song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6jARQZGlyQ
>>
>>157352447
an FMA Brotherhood treatment, condensing the bulk of the early plot, and really giving the fight scenes the spotlight would be great. The later fights more than the early ones in particular really deserved better than the anime did/didn't give them.
>>
>>157368783
Anna is a huge pervert in this bonus chapter
>>
>>157368981
Just import the kanzenban version
>>
>>157369007
>condensing the bulk of the early plot
Please FUCKING NO
That's the best part of the series
And it shouldn't be too hard to adapt it since it's not that dialogue heavy
>>
>>157369087
right because everyone fucking loved 30minutes at a time of shit like a painter who fell from a ladder and died
>>
>>157368824
>Yoh was engaged to Anna before the series even started
I know that. I didn't mean love interests from Yoh's perspective or the plot's. I meant love interests from the girls perspectives.
>>
File: 1480010238140.jpg (299KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480010238140.jpg
299KB, 1080x720px
>>157368997
>jetix

i was not ready for this nostalgia
>>
>>157369182
>not liking those comfy slice of life chapters
fucking shitter gas yourself

besides they could bundle 2 of those kinda chapters within one episode(one episode containing 2 shorts) and that shit's only in the first volume so there's not much to condense there

After that some of the best shit in the series is in the early parts of the manga.
>Yoh vs Ren first fight
>Yoh vs Tao Jun/Lee Pyron
>Tokageroh arc
>First Shaman Fight round
>Ren rescue arc
You cannot fuck that shit up. That is literally the best part of the series

I remember they fucked up
>how Anna met Ryu
>Manta risking his life getting pummeled by Ryu to get his Wooden Sword to give it to Yoh to help him vs Lee Pyron
and a lot of other things in the anime which pissed me off

Oh and one other thing
If they ever do a remake I hope they stay faithful to all the art-style changes since I really think the early parts(chapter 1-24) had the best artwork by far
>>
>>157369279
My point still remains Tamao was never a love interest she was just a young girl who had a crush on Senpai Yoh
>>
File: slut king.png (288KB, 574x540px) Image search: [Google]
slut king.png
288KB, 574x540px
It's surprisingly good. The doujins, I mean.
>>
>>157369871
DELETE THIS
>>
>>157368997

Good thing in LatAm the decided to dub Oversouls and Northern lights instead of this shit.

Well, it's not bad, really, pretty decent but a bit too short in comparison, could be worse, look at DBZ and most of the Pokémon intros after the Hoenn episodes.
>>
>>157368997
The mexican openings are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7YGUVk3BY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIxZtYhkVsY
>>
Everything about Golem was stupid as fuck
>>
>>157369784
But my point still stands that the two girls who liked Yoh were way to opposite and putting their personalities together might have made a better character.

I'm sure no one agrees though.
>>
Honestly guys everyone knows this is best version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KNCtw8be5g
>>
never read it but the characters design looks great
>>
>>157370682
Is this polnish?
>>
File: 1483523246328.png (63KB, 391x550px) Image search: [Google]
1483523246328.png
63KB, 391x550px
>>157363003
He basically said he's not satisfied with both endings and just as well since its obvious he wrote himself in a corner and couldn't think of a satisfying resolution.
>>157368055
>meme
> It was Flowers that was bullshit
Speaking of memes I swear its one autist who complains about Flowers in any thread. Shaman King already shat the bed before that terrible ending came about and Flowers didn't really do any damage that Takei didn't already did in the series itself.
>>
Could anyone spoonfeed me here? I recently picked up all the physical volumes, and was pretty surprised to see that it ended with literally no ending, being cancelled after chapter 285. But the proper ending was shown in the kanzenban version, according to the internet. Was that ever fully translated?
>>
>>157372473
Yes. 9 years ago. The new chapters are easy to find also remember to read the remix chapters and Shaman King Zero
>>
>>157370682
Zgadzam się w 100%. Może to z przyzwyczajenia i nostalgii ale Polska wersja wydaje się o wiele bardziej emocjonalna.

For everyone else: Polish version of the opening is the most intense and emotional one
>>
>>157372709
Alright thanks, will look into those
>>
>>157368783
What number was fapping to Anna?
>>
File: thork.png (127KB, 536x517px) Image search: [Google]
thork.png
127KB, 536x517px
>>157370154
The first of these is pretty good and for some reason one of those tracks that sudendly attack me from time to time and i can't avoid to sing while driving.
>>
Crapman shit.
>>
>>157354530
Mah first waifu
>>
File: mongolspurdo.png (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mongolspurdo.png
63KB, 500x500px
>>157352447
>shamans
>no turkic/mongol character
>>
>>157375401
patrician
>>
>>157358470

For me its cause I read Nekohara recently and felt nostalgic for Shaman King.
>>
>>157370345
Tamao just turns into a shitty Anna clone in Flowers anyways

I don't see how you can mix Anna and Tamao though...they're polar opposites and Tamao is pretty bland anyways
>>
>>157372473
>I recently picked up all the physical volumes
Fucking bad mistake
Viz's version is trash and censored. Should have read it all online at batoto
>>
>>157377278
Am I the only one who thinks Norachiyo's "X-shaped scar" looks like Kenshin's scar?
>>
Early on, I thought he would go around getting new spirits and have an arsenal. He actually just gets 1 and uses him throughout the series.
>>
>>157368343
>Yomi Cave
Yoh undergoes a spiritual journey that brings him to near death and strengthens his powers a lot

>Ren Dies
Yoh has to make a deal with the X-Laws to get him back, Ren also has a moment to re-affirm the changes that have been taking place in him over the series

>Chocolove Dies
Goes to get his new OS and also gets to pay some pennance for the crimes he committed

>Ryu Dies
Introduces team Ghandara's healing capabilities, He goes out in a blaze of glory

These are all good and bring the story forward. Than you get.

- Ghandara killing the chosen ones (Jury is still out on whether or not I like this in hindsight)
- Everyone dying on the island including Jeane
- Everyone in the Hao team betrayal dying
- The entire beach (Hao revives everyone because fuck that he's too strong)

Than the entirety of Mu
- Boss rush where we know that there are [X] number of heals available. Anytime someone dies immediately look at Faust and it's all good. Tension comes from us supposedly not going to have enough heals and our healers getting whittled down.

That was the most clumsy way to implement the revival idea and I see no defending that as nothing more than fake tension.

- Hao revives everyone yet again because he's God.

One thing I like is when a writer makes death stick as a consequence. SK can get around that a bit because death isn't final for a series about ghosts. But I think the fact that people started dying in the same frequency that the Z-fighters need to chug Sensu Beans contributed to why people don't like it in the series.
>>
been thinking about this for a while.

they could skip the start and go straight into the hao arc, maybe during the tournament ceremony before they get into that plaine.

i dont want them to rush a good start like brotherhood did, just adapt what people actually wants to see and call it a day.
>>
>>157352447
I wish, not likely, but ten years ago this series was one of those things I couldn't stop watching and when it ended in frantically searched for the end, later forget about it and much later read the kansen ban end, and said it wasn't half bad.
In hindsight and only after re reading the original manga ending and then compare it to the kansen ban and the whole princess Hao thing is like a super condensed resume of the ending, being saved by Yoh, In a metaphorical way.
>>
>>157352447
I kinda wish they would. Shaman King was my first introduction to manga when I ordered the first volume from the scholastics book catalog thing they used to do in schools. I loved reading it but only found out later that they made an anime that wasn't very good. I'd like to see a more dedicated remake.
>>
>>157379072
didnt they make a game around that?
and the author probably didn't want to be Pokemon where he starts off with aimaru and just trade him in when he gets a stronger spirit plus wasnt the story about bonds? gonna look like hypocrite
>>
>>157380118
but that would only benefit oldfags. and they're not going to cater to us solely.
>>
>>157381422
You don't need to trade, just amass and use multiple. Even just one fucking other would have been nice

Boring ass sword character
>>
>>157381594
>Boring ass sword character
>japan
>land of the katana
I don't think a shaman, unless they have the power, can wield more than one spirit at a time. and the chiefs seems like a special case since they mostly use animals. but thats why theres flowers I heard the MC has a spirit thats a fighter plane. most likely a kamikaze, I dont know any other plane fights japan had.
>>
The whole "death and revival makes you stronger" thing was pretty dumb but it also was the perfect explanation for Jeanne. She was just a normal shaman girl found by Marco and Luchist whose powers got greatly expanded by being put into a near-death situation constantly by the Iron Maiden.
>>
>>157379434
Yoh literally imitates death
Yomi Cave is the same as death according to canon

Don't forget Lyserg who had to deal with his own demons

Ghandara killing chosen ones was what made all of that character development possible

>Anytime someone dies immediately look at Faust and it's all good.
This is horseshit
Faust only got to revive once and his Furyoku was ded. The only thing he contributed after that is that Funbari song out of nowhere

How exactly is it fake tension?
You do realize that they had to stop and rest half-way through don't you? And you do realize that they couldn't make it in time to attack Hao while he was sleeping either(although Yoh definitely didn't plan on doing that even though he said it)
>>
File: 1453648766867867.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1453648766867867.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>>157380118
>they could skip the start and go straight into the hao arc
>they could skip the start
>skipping
>anything
kys
>>
>hate all of the protagonists but Ryu
>he gets dicked hard and doesn't get to be one of the chosen elemental whatever-the-fucks
>gets overshadowed by a literal nigger

Shit series, I'm glad it's dead.
>>
>>157382153
>>>/out/
>>
The BR openings are pretty great. They even did a version of the Insert song, someone spliced it up from the episodes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Dbom0pypc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg5aTXPR370

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3agFmVych0c

Also endings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMlRZ-JF_P4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSrEP4MK0X0
>>
>>157368409
Was SK super popular in Russia or something?
>>
>>157352447
>Stonner MC
>Teenage sex
>An closet homopedo
>Two necrophiliacs
>Villain wins

Shaman King was ahead of its times and I fucking love it when I was a kid.

>>157382336
I realy miss the fact they don't translated the op anymore, insted, they just use the 0:30 american ones nowadays
>>
>>157380118
>they could skip the start
First anime actually changed a lot of stuff from early chapters and even added filler characters from the get go, it's not like they could just continue from the old show without inconsistencies
>>
>>157383219
>An closet homopedo
I think that was anime only.
>>
>>157381422
>and the author probably didn't want to be Pokemon where he starts off with aimaru and just trade him in when he gets a stronger spirit plus wasnt the story about bonds? gonna look like hypocrite
And yet he basically does that for the final battle where Yoh gets the Earth spirit and Amidamaru just shows up at the end with the other main spirits
>>
>>157385141
was it permanent? I believe they all went back to thier original spirit partners
>>
>>157385141
I played the other Game Boy game in which the final boss was a Shaman King from 5000 years ago or some shit, the final areas where a factory and a cristal kind of land, i liked it
>>
God bless Takei and his shotalust.
>>
>>157369635

Lyserg as a character was also fucked, in the anime he's a light Sasuke while in the manga he never goes full edge.
>>
>>157385181
They do but that was the final figth in the series, so it doesn't really matter. Then in flowers Yoh passes Amidamaru to his son, I only read the first chapters so dunno if Yoh has any spirit himself.
Also heard Yoh is killed off on a really shitty way
>>
>>157385181
>>157386084
they do keep them or at least Yoh got to keep SoE cause he's Hao's brother
>>
tfw Flowers is ded and will never come back
>>
>>157386234
Good.
Flowers is shit.
>>
>>157369635
>comfy slice of life chapters
i don't think you know what "slice of life" is
>>
>>157368239
but Meruem's weakness is nukes
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.