[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT characters who lost due to plot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

File: 1494529665862.png (230KB, 450x590px) Image search: [Google]
1494529665862.png
230KB, 450x590px
>>
File: 1470381300675.png (93KB, 343x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470381300675.png
93KB, 343x440px
>>
She lost because she bit off more than she could chew and also because she was completely out of her depth. Her finest moment was completely playing Saber on two occasions and being able to buff Kojirou enough that he could fend off Berserker.
She never stood a chance against Gil and Archer played her like a chump. He even could've killed her twice on their first encounter even whilst covering for Shirou, but he chose not to.
Honestly, even the bad endings where she supposedly wins the war using Shirou seem pretty questionable.
>>
>>157351483
If she wasn't busy gloating all the time she would've wrecked archer. Atlas + rain of light is insta-kill for every servant except for herc, gil and probably saber.

That being said, medea's skillset is more suited for support or wiping adds than for 1v1 duels, which made her a bad match up for the grail war.

I'm just wondering why they killed rider in ubw instead of 'stealing' her. Rider with a good master is hella strong when you take bellerophon into account.
>>
>>157351601
>If she wasn't busy gloating all the time she would've wrecked archer. Atlas + rain of light is insta-kill for every servant except for herc, gil and probably saber.
Character flaws are what seal the deal in TM. If it weren't for that then the MCs would never win. Following your logic applied to everyone, Caster wouldn't have survived the first few days of the war because Kirei would've had Gil and Cu double team her before she even had a chance to find Souichiro.
>I'm just wondering why they killed rider in ubw instead of 'stealing' her. Rider with a good master is hella strong when you take bellerophon into account.
Probably because at that point Caster was still building magical energy up. And she really wanted Saber over any other class, really she only took Archer on because he offered to join more or less unconditionally.
>>
File: 7798ukniz6t99.jpg (266KB, 869x1248px) Image search: [Google]
7798ukniz6t99.jpg
266KB, 869x1248px
>>157351235
>>
>>157351235
>Characters who lost due to plot.
Angry Man Jew

Even if he won, the Counter Guardians / Grand Servants would appear to subdue him, and if he won against them the world would've been pruned by default.

The game was rigged from the start.
>>
>>157352460
Teppu?
>>
>>157351601
>If she wasn't busy gloating all the time
If servants did not have severe character flaws or other reasons to not work as efficiently as possible to win the war, there would not have been a 4th and 5th grail war. As per Nasu, Gilgamesh could have ended it all in a day if he wished to.
>>
File: 1454705399049.png (883KB, 1668x1831px) Image search: [Google]
1454705399049.png
883KB, 1668x1831px
>>157352721
>Gilgamesh could have ended it all in a day if he wished to.

Then why the fuck did he get blown the fuck out by Shirou?

Also Archer could have fucked him up with ease anyways
>>
>>157352815
Refusal to use Ea, Enkidu, or even his armour. If you go by what Strange fake shows, refusal to use more than 10% power of the GoB as well.

>Also Archer could have fucked him up with ease anyways
I hope you realize Archer himself knew he stood no chance and therefore set it on Shirou to fight Gil because Gil would never take him seriously, right? This is both stated and shown repeatedly in UBW. Had Gil taken him seriously, Ea would have ended it in one blow, and even without Ea his armour or Enkidu would have.
>>
>>157352958
Servants are supposed to have superhuman physique too. So even if he can't beat shirou in swordspam he should never be able to get close.

Of course he would see dodging to be akin to running away.
>>
>>
>>157352721
I wonder if gilgamesh could have won if kerry wasn't an idiot and avalon'd saber from the beginning.
>>
>>157353053
Nasu is a hack, Zero did a much better job with servants. No master was going to fight a servant unless he had a suicide wish.

>>157353719
Avalon should make her invulnerable, but full-power Ea is DBZ-tier as well as basically a reality hack, so who knows.
>>
>>157353796
Shirou vs Gil wasn't even the worst one anyway, Gil losing (didn't even lose, Shirou got his ass saved by the grail) due to ego isn't half as bad as what happened to Saber, who got humiliated and had no excuse of holding back.
>>
>I am, after all, not of the Station of the Crown
What did Gil mean with this?
>>
>>157353839
He wasn't holding back. You should re-read Fate. He just couldn't do shit against Arturia who tanked every sword spam and outmatched him in melee.
>>
>>157354036
You should re-read my post, anon.
>>
>>157353997
He's not a Grand Servant. Station of the Crown is a pretentious synonymous for that shit.
>>
>>157353796
>Nasu is a hack, Zero did a much better job with servants. No master was going to fight a servant unless he had a suicide wish.
That's because they were all adults and experienced mages (save for a few). The whole point is that the 4th War was the last legit war and that the 5th War was a mess fought primarily between the next generation without any of them really knowing what they were doing.
Also if anything, Uro was out of line by retroactively exaggerating everything, especially with the dumb action scenes.
>>
why do people try to make sense of the internal logic of a universe whose defining trait is going "Let's establish some rules and then immediately break them"

Or maybe more like "Let's break a rule, then explain how there was a rule that we never talked about before that is now broken"
>>
>>157351235

All the servants up to gilgamesh in heavens feel, the plot armor true assassin had was silly.

>Not even a challenge for Lancer, only wins because he wasn't allowed to kill and had to retreat
>Who knows what happened to Caster and fake assassin but they probably died some bullshit too
>Assassin has a skill literally designed to protect against Saber's wind attack
>>
>>157354149
>Also if anything, Uro was out of line by retroactively exaggerating everything, especially with the dumb action scenes.
I don't think anything in F/Z was any more ridiculous in terms of scale than anything that happened in F/SN

Except maybe time-stop gun fu battle, that was a little silly.

But the giant Cthulu and the fighter jet VS Gilgamesh UFO bits were impressive action pieces that did a better job of selling how impressive Servants are supposed to be more effectively than any of the "Let's sneak around and kill defenseless people in secret" antics of F/SN
>>
These two medeafags have been nonstop posting the same five pictures of her for like two weeks, it's time to stop
>>
>>157354316
>But the giant Cthulu and the fighter jet VS Gilgamesh UFO bits were impressive action pieces that did a better job of selling how impressive Servants are supposed to be more effectively than any of the "Let's sneak around and kill defenseless people in secret" antics of F/SN
Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree, because it was holllywood-esque schlock and fucking retarded IMO. Same with the Saber bike and Rider chariot nonsense, they're flimsy excuses for set pieces that are actually really inappropriate and out of place in the rest of the series when you look at it as a whole.
Though maybe not with all the retarded shit added to Fate since then, I suppose.
>>
File: 1494526554061.jpg (519KB, 649x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494526554061.jpg
519KB, 649x900px
>>157354465
I count 3
>>
>>157354106
Are Grand servants that much stronger than regular high tier servants?
Could Gil, Ozymandias or Karna hold their own against Solomon?
>>
>>157354803
No. Solomon would curb stomp Gil, Ozymandia, Karna.

The only ones who could go against Solomon would be King Hassan, Void, or other biblical prophets like Saul and etc.
>>
>>157354950
Why? Ozy and Karna I can understand, but what can Solomon do against Ea + Enkidu?
>>
>GOshit

Thread over.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>
>>157353839
>Shirou got his ass saved by the grail
Fuck off secondary, that only happened in the anime, in the VN, Shirou didn't run out of mana and was about to finish off Gil but the grail appeared out of nowhere and absorbed Gilgamesh.
>>
>>157355072
This is the right answer right here.
>>
>>157355012
>hey guys i posted it again!
>>
>>157355012
This, only took 6 posts until mention of stupid Grand Servant shit this time.

RIP
>>
File: 1451283474355.jpg (441KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1451283474355.jpg
441KB, 723x1023px
>>157354465
I agree. Let's be honest, Medea has never been interesting. Even the shittier girls at least have unique quirks like having a million worms up their snatch or having a prostitution side job to pay for their gems. Medea is just a flat out nothing character. Her outfit is worn better by an underage meat cup. Every single other servant had a better plan.
Hell, Rider had more going for her, and all that bitch did was ride a flying horse. For these reasons and more, every time I see a Medeapost, it can never come off as anything other than incredibly forced.
>>
File: illy eyes.gif (1020KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
illy eyes.gif
1020KB, 400x261px
>>157354465
Not a Medeafag here.
Atleast Medea is kind of alright and original,imagine if they have been posting Illya the whole time and trying to convince everyone that Prisma Illya is her canon route.
>>
File: sacchinaa.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sacchinaa.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>
>>157356385
Man, I love these"surprise sprite" moments. Like when Kohaku does a genuinely surprised face for the first time in 5 routes.
>>
>>157355003
Solomon has Yaweh backing him up and can undo history to remove himself from the Throne of Heroes. Not too mention Anti-Magic the fuck out of anyone.

Whatever Gil can use is nothing.
>>
>>157356547
DUDE POWER CREEP LMAO
>>
File: 88236.jpg (44KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
88236.jpg
44KB, 225x350px
>>
>>157354803
Grand Servants are a special container so they're basically stronger than normal servants.
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>157356180
Nice copypasta
>>
>>157353084

/thread/
>>
>>157355079
>The light coming from the lake eliminates the hill of swords.
>A great magical energy has smashed away the already-disappearing Reality Marble.

He went OOM anon. He won on principal because he forced Gil to swallow his pride and draw out Ea, then proceed to disarm him, but without the grail eating Gil, and Archer sitting in the back saving him from getting dragged down he'd have died.
>>
>>157354803
Grand Servants are just containers with much higher limits. Heroic Spirits are restricted by the container they're placed in, bringing the whole thing through is way too much even for the Fuyuki Grail at least, and presumably the world's system as well. If the world can summon whole heroic spirits without nerfing them by cutting off aspects of them so they fit inside pre-made containers, there'd be no need for Grand Servants.
>>
>>157351235
>due to plot

She's a weak servant. Archer could've just killed her the moment he saw her. If anything, she stayed alive longer due to plot.
>>
File: 1450166473951.jpg (178KB, 1280x952px) Image search: [Google]
1450166473951.jpg
178KB, 1280x952px
>>157359817
Kuzuki and Assassin fucked up Saber pretty bad who in turn did a number on Archer

No contest here
>>
>>157359594
>>157357104
>>157354803

Grand Servants are a special container, however they are containers assigned to the ones recognized as best of their class. It's not just "let's give a container to this random fucker." The Crown Magicians are Merlin and Solomon but NOT summoned by (you) or anyone as full grand Servants (these are dispatched under mysterious circumstances), you can only summon their lesser version, same with King Hassan. And even in that version, they are called "spirits of the station of the Crown" (See Merlin and Solomon profile for example, the label is on their profile). Gil doesn't qualify it seems as a Station of the Crown HS. He's still the strongest Crownless Servant.
It's even incorrect to say container, it's Saint Graph, overall their spiritual constitution is fucking strong that is similar to a Beast, who is also a threat whose saint graph reached universal/galaxy/planetary tier threat level hazard.
>>
>>157361725
Kill yourself.
>>
>>157362038
I'm happy with my life.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.