[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: 1472484346465.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1472484346465.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
Was it actual autism?

Also, why did the series have such a shitty ending?
>>
Has nobody watched this?
>>
>>157328386

Why do you think the ending was bad?

Did you expect Tenma to fight off aliens at the top of the building while their motehrship is trying to destroy new york city with a space lazer?
>>
>>157328386
>Also, why did the series have such a shitty ending?
Johan getting shot by a random drunk was the perfect ending for both his and Tenma delusions of grandeur
>>
>>157329820
The resolution of the story felt underwhelming.
What happens to Johan? Who was the real monster? Even if these things are left ambiguous intentionally, it's still unsatisfying.

By the way, who was the guy Johan killed in episode 67? He just appeared for no reason and was killed off but didn't seem like a random mook.
>>
>>157329945
I'm not referring to this, though.
>Tenma delusions of grandeur
What are you talking about?
>>
>>157329477
Nobody has ever seen Monster. Ever. And it certainly has never been discussed here. It may not even exist. You might have imagined the whole thing. While you were in a coma. In fact, your probably in a coma right now. Awaiting brain surgery. Hope you have a good doctor.
>>
File: Eva.jpg (33KB, 699x542px) Image search: [Google]
Eva.jpg
33KB, 699x542px
>>157329957

The monsters were Franz Bonaparta, Peter Čapek , and others, who set up the the experiments who essentially created Johan.

Tenma was just a bystander to the trainwreck that was Johan and Nina.

He thought he could save both of them, but in reality he was mostly ineffective, see >>157330003.

I dont know man, maybe I should rewatch it.

Also, Eva is my waifu.
>>
>>157330308
Eva's fucking great. Highly underrated.
>>
>>157330308
>Franz Bonaparta
I was angry at how utterly useless and uninteresting he became as soon as he was revealed to be that hotel manager.

>Tenma was just a bystander
Wouldn't things have changed if Tenma hadn't been there to investigate the twins' past, though?
>>
>>157330308
>>157330483
How can anyone like Eva? Enlighten me
>>
File: eva_drunk.jpg (53KB, 564x420px) Image search: [Google]
eva_drunk.jpg
53KB, 564x420px
>>157330483

Good taste.

>>157330496

Well, I think that might have been the point. He was already old, he probably also thought that nothing came out of all the experiments he did for most of his elderly life.

Monsters sometimes just go on to be pensioners in some tiny town somewhere, forgotten by people an history.

And about Tenma's influence. Yeah, I guess Nina's involvment wouldn't have happened, maybe. But all in all I think Tenma was just a side-show for Johan. An intriguing character in his bigger game, which I don't think he come close to finishing.

>>157330537

A refined woman for a man with refined tastes.
>>
Johan getting shot by the drunk was a cop out but other than that I was fine with the ending.

The whole town going to shit was a pretty great set piece for the finale.
>>
>>157330712
As opposed to Bonaparta who was continuously hyped and didn't deliver, I liked Roberto who started off as a nobody yet was one of the closest to Johan all along. Too bad he never got to meet with Grimmer before dying.

>Tenma was just a side-show for Johan
At first I thought Johan had an actual reason to keep Tenma alive, but by the end of the show I started wondering why he didn't kill him, because Tenma seemed so unimportant to him.
>>
>>157330885
>inebriated drunk who has never held a gun in his life somehow lands a headshot at several meters distance while under high stress and low visibility
That was annoying.
>>
>>157328386
>shitty ending
Man, never read 20th Century Boys.
>>
>>157330537
She was a colossally spoiled bitch at the beginning, then paid for it royally - disproportionally, even. Her character changed - she had fucked up and she knew it. All that suffering, the alcoholism, etc., generated a lot of sympathy. By the end she was sad, alone and incredibly vulnerable. I felt bad for her and the protective instinct kicked in.
>>
>>157329477

I forced myself to watch the anime and read the manga. It wasn't worth it.

>>157328386

Pretty sure you nailed it. Autism at its finest. It's just too damn lengthy. I think it would've been pretty good if they cut all the mediocre crap (not that I remember much anymore, since it's been many years since I saw it) and just made a 24 ep anime instead. I still don't know what compelled me to complete it. Nowadays I easily drop anime that I can't be bothered watching.

Regardless, it wasn't all terrible. The ED was pretty spoopy too.
>>
File: eva_smug.jpg (31KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
eva_smug.jpg
31KB, 225x350px
>>157330911

Roberto was great, I really had high hopes for him.

Johan didn't kill Tenma because he still had a tiny bit of hope that Tenma might be right. That he can be saved, that's he's not really a monster devoid of feeling without salvation.

>>157330957

That's a fair point.

>>157330989

Pretty much this. I thought she was one of the very few accurate portrayals of how entitled women behave.

Eva a best.
>>
>>157331038
>Autism at its finest. It's just too damn lengthy
I was talking about Lunge in particular. He seems like a genuine sperg.
>>157330976
Is it not worth reading?
Most manga and anime have terrible endings anyway.
>>157330989
I see. I never felt any empathy towards her character but I guess I understand.
>>
>>157329945
Wait what the fuck I don't remember that in the manga
>>
Overrated shit.
>>
>>157331065
Roberto and Grimmer were probably the most compelling characters despite being mostly secondary to the plot.

A few characters that only appeared briefly were also interesting. Notably Rosso with the "taste of sugar" thing
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>157331284
>>
>>157331065
Regardless of how bad she was in the beginning, she didn't really deserve what she got. She just kept being punished. She literally lost everything, save her life - and even that was hanging by a thread. Every one deserves a second chance (at least after they've come to terms with their failings). I really felt like I wanted to give one to her. And she was just so vulnerable. Too bad Tenma was off chasing tail half his age (though, if we are being realistic that bridge was probably already thoroughly burned).
>>
File: 1489196236341.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489196236341.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>157331400
>Tenma was off chasing tail half his age
What's wrong with that? Nina was a qt.
>>
>>157331473

qt and fucked up.

To each their own. I'd much rather have a humbled woman who learned the price of being a total bitch several times over.
>>
>>15733147
>your ex-fiance is banging some tight 19 year old
Nina was a qt, but that makes the whole thing twice as hard on Eva, doesn't it?
>>
>>157331831
in response to >>157331473
>>
I wish we could have an eva thread, but I don't have enough pictures to make that a thing...
>>
>>157331831
Eva wasn't really aware of it. It's not like Tenma actually wanted to fuck Nina anyway.
>>157331563
>fucked up
Not as much as her brother, at least. It's probably manageable, the ending shows her able to function properly in society.
>>
>>157331928
>Eva wasn't really aware of it.
Wasn't she? Honestly don't remember. It's been a while.
>It's not like Tenma actually wanted to fuck Nina anyway.
Perception is everything.
>>
File: eva_makes_perfect_sense.jpg (26KB, 285x278px) Image search: [Google]
eva_makes_perfect_sense.jpg
26KB, 285x278px
>>157331928
>It's not like Tenma actually wanted to fuck Nina anyway.
LOL

>the ending shows her able to function properly in society
Johan could do that to when it suited him.

Sometimes monsters slumber.
>>
>>157330308
No, johan wasnt created. All the stuff that could be said to have created the monster actually happened to anna/nina. Johan was just fucked up because he thought his mama didn't love him.
>>
>>157332100

Sometimes people take on/copy the psychological trauma of their best friends/children/lovers/siblings.

I don't remember the name of the syndrome, google is giving me bullshit, but it's a thing.
>>
>>157331284
Sometimes is boring but isnt bad and that is enough.
>>
File: 009~01.jpg (129KB, 740x647px) Image search: [Google]
009~01.jpg
129KB, 740x647px
>>157328386
>shitty ending
You can go to sleep now
>>
>>157332214
That's his own issue though, the point is Johan was likely congenitally fucked up. Had a cog loose from the start.
>>
>>157332287
Why did he say that to Roberto?
The landscape of the end or whatever it was was just a metaphor for Johan's suicide, wasn't it?
>>
>>157332291

Sure, I'm sure there must have been something more at play.

But there was at least a combination of munchausen syndrome combined with false memory syndrome.

I guess if you are like that, and then someone proves to you that all of your trauma and fucked up character is actually not caused by horrible experiences, but just you being FUCKING FUCKED UP.

That must be an interesting experience.
>>
>>157332100
>Johan was just fucked up because he thought his mama didn't love him.
It was the not knowing really - if he knew which sibling she meant to give up he might have had a chance to get over it. And the calculated nature of the thing - "Take this one - no, wait take this one instead" - made it clear that there was a purposeful distinction being made. That's literally the sort of thing that would drive a person insane.
>>
>>157332495
Why would you care that much though? I guess it's natural for some parents to prefer one of their kids over the other.
>>
>>157332531
>Would you care if you were purposely abandoned as a small child and thrust into a living nightmare by a parent that may have loved your identical twin more?
...I'm going to go with yes?
>>
Grimmer best boy
>>
Let's just appreciate that fucking OP.

https://youtu.be/n86hgIXc1BM

Jesus Christ., I've got goosebumps.
>>
>>157328386
Mate this is a pretty old thing, don't expect there to be as many posts as the latest animes.

The detective did have some sort of mental disorder, that much is certain.
>>
>>157330308
>eva is my waifu
Congrats, your waifu whores herself to the nearest rich man that passes by.
>>
>>157333160

Good thing she's imaginary then.
>>
>>157333160
>nearest rich man
/A/non, she just needs somebody to hold her. She'd fall in love with pretty much anyone that would be there for her.
>>
>>157333421
Adopt a dog from the pound you ninny.
>>
File: kitties!.jpg (73KB, 684x540px) Image search: [Google]
kitties!.jpg
73KB, 684x540px
>>157333513
Me? I'm already happily married, /a/non. Doesn't mean I can't feel bad for her.

Plus, I'm more a cat person.
>>
>>157330911
>At first I thought Johan had an actual reason to keep Tenma alive

You sort of missed the point. There wasn't a reason. He left Tenma alive because he was grateful for Tenma saving a monster like him when no one else would.

Later, it might have been a part of enjoyment on Johan's part to let Tenma see that he had saved a monster that hurt others.
>>
I remember watching the SOLDATS subs for this.

I wonder what they're doing now. Probably got real work.
>>
File: 013.jpg (48KB, 750x532px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
48KB, 750x532px
>>157332384
Are you sure about that?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.