[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else hoping that all this shit dies soon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

I admit to finding a couple of these funny when this all first started, but this is beyond shit at this point. is there an end to the tunnel coming up?
>>
Just stop watching it?
>>
>>157316451
Why hope it dies? If you don't like it anymore just stop watching it. Why wish for something that some people enjoy to die just because you don't like it anymore?
>>
>>157316632
This desu. I still find a few gags in each episode funny enough that it's worth watching.
>>
>>157316451
>>>/v/
>>>/co/
>>>/trash/
>>
In the beginning it felt like they made the show out of passion. Now it feels like they are only doing it for the money.
>>
>>157316849
>Now it feels like they are only doing it for the money.
>a parody show that they get 0 ad revenue from, constantly hit with takedowns and have been struggling to make a manageable profit off from day 1

Shit man I think the only person involved in the series who's "doing it for the money" is Toriyama himself.
>>
>>157316928
They make 11k a month from patreon and their gaming channel makes a lot as well.
>>
>>157316849
They are only doing it for the money. That's why they shill the fuck out of TFS Plays during the 3-6 month breaks that were totally definitely always a thing.
>>
>>157316928
merch, crowdfunding that "doesn't" fund this shit, ads on LPs that they shill the shit out of

if they wanted to make a manageable profit, they shouldn't do it with other people's shit. come up with your own stuff & don't piggyback off of others
>>
I hate how they stopped doing LP videos as the characters, it felt more like a show than watching a normal boring LP.
>>
>>157316451
I fucking cringed when they pulled the Robbie Rotten song shit in the latest one.
I always thought YGOTAS was the one that passed referencing garbage memes off as humor. Guess I was wrong.
If this keeps up I'll end up thinking the same as you, most likely.
>>
>>157317524
the US election gave Kaiser a mental illness
I'm 100% sure that and the Steven Universe song are his retarded ideas
>>
>>157317345
>if they wanted to make a manageable profit, they shouldn't do it with other people's shit.
Except that's kind of the problem/point. They started the abridged series for fun, then more and more people started watching it and therefore people wanted more OF it. People /wanted/ to pay them so they could make more of the abridged series.

Everything they've done trying to make a profit has been in the effort of making more of the abridged series, if that makes any sense. They're not trying to directly profit off the abridged series.
>>
>>157317572
Who is Kaiser and how did the US election give him an illness
>>
>>157317614
one of the writers
he's an unfortunate victim of people who care too much about Retard vs. Other Retard
>>
>>157317614
The guy that makes the videos, I guess from what that anon said he must of also be a libtard that voted for Hilary.
>>
>>157317524
meh, the meme song was referenced subtly enough that it won't effect it later down the line when the meme has been lost to the years of internet time. someone who watches that episode who's never seen the robbie rotten song will have no idea that bit is referencing anything. I don't think the episode lost or gained anything from it's addition from a purely objective standpoint, just depends on whether or not you liked the meme to begin with I guess.
>>
>>157317613
>They're not trying to directly profit off the abridged series
then they're not trying very hard
if they wanted to do the patreon, they should've rebranded themselves & completely separated from DBZ. not only DIDN'T they, they also use shit directly tied to their shitty show

I've seen patreon posts. they're letting patrons watch them edit the show, look at scripts, etc
they're still directly profiting off using DBZ & they're lucky as shit that Toei doesn't care enough to look into it, otherwise they could all be sued for what seems like millions at this point from all the money they've gotten
>>
>>157317730
If Toriyama/Toei/whoever owns DB wanted to stop DBZ Abridged, what would they have to do?
>>
So, which abridged series do you guys like?

>None Piece
>Fate/Cero
>DBZA
>Hellsing Abridged

I haven't seen YGOA in a while, is it still fresh or has it become too meta?
>>
>>157317730
I think you're missing my point.

At no point can they directly profit off the abridged series. They can't monetize anything to do with it, can't get any ad revenue, nothing. Everything they've done that is trying to make a profit, is so they can make MORE of the abridged series. It's so they can pay their voice actors and writers so they can take more time away from their actual jobs to do this.

>they're lucky as shit that Toei doesn't care enough to look into it,
No, they literally have an agreement with Funimation and to an extent Toei about their making of DBZA. It is an actual partnership, with the ad revenue for every DBZA video being given to either Toei or Funimation IIRC.
>>
>>157317857
As previously stated, this funding will go into bringing new people on board, i.e. animators, editors, etc. That money will also help us improve the quality of our current work through better equipment and software.

It's difficult to nail down an exact cost for these expenses, especially on a monthly basis, but we're shooting for about $2,000 for every new member of the team we add on board.

We want to be perfectly clear here. This Patreon campaign will not speed up the production of DBZA or HUA! It will not slow it down either, but the production of DBZA and HUA is all on the shoulders of our editor Kaiserneko.

Anything beyond the amount we need? Well, congratulations, you're helping us stockpile for bigger projects!
>>
>>157317880
You're supposed to actually say something, not copy and paste from a website then hope for someone to pick out what your meaning might be.
>>
>>157317821
easiest? cease & desist letter
deadliest? take down their youtube, their patreon, & sue the SHIT outta them

>>157317857
and you're missing my point. this is still directly making profit off of DBZA
crowdfunding is still direct profit, especially when they pimp it on their videos & channels

and funimation doesn't have the authority to do shit for them with DBZA. they're dubbing & distribution, that's about it
if they want to completely redo it with all the shit they do, they actually need the permission of the copyright holder or they risk it being a gross violation of copyright
>>
>>157317613
and since their patreon account hit 10k their release pace has slowed down to a crawl, also they seem to have suddenly stopped abridging anything and seem to be animating filler material, stack those 2 things together and they're just redubbing DBZ without abridging anything, even Dragon Ball Kai would've finished airing by now from the start if it started airing at the same time as DBZ abridged
>>
>>157317938
hell, they've been doing this for 8 years. that's literally the accumulated run time of the original DBZ show on toonami
>>
>>157317707
It's a stupid forced meme that like every single other shitty Youtube meme from the past 3 or so years is a circlejerk of underage redditors addicted to Youtube who like to binge-watch braindead crap with epic references to other memes and pop culture sprinkled for extra epic flavoring.
It's objective bad taste to like any meme involved in the dead horse "it's a video BUT EVERY TIEM THEY SAY BUT SOMETHING EPIC FOR TEH WIN HAPPENS" fad.
>>
>>157317985
You sound like a faggot.
I bet you don't even like Jojo references.
>>
>>157316451
YGOTAS was funny when it came out 10 or so years ago because it was original. Now it and all of its derivatives are just memesprouting garbage
>>
>>157317918
>and funimation doesn't have the authority to do shit for them with DBZA.
Ok, then they have a deal with Toei then.

Whoever it is, their series is still going strong without being obliterated with takedowns and they've appeared in official DB media. They're not going away anytime soon due to copyright claims or suing, that's for sure. If Toei, Funimation, Toriyama or anyone had a problem with how TFS has been operating then they'd be having a lot more difficulty producing DBZA at all.
>>
File: 1476946876566.jpg (60KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476946876566.jpg
60KB, 600x450px
>mobile suit gundam abridged is never coming back
>>
>>157318064
i doubt they actually have a deal with toei, considering that they've taken their shit down twice so far
i can't see this shit lasting 10 years, so i fully hope they're down in the next 2, desu
>>
>>157318101
>i can't see this shit lasting 10 years

9 years on and a cumulative 600 million views, and you think it's somehow going to get taken down for good in the next year? That's just blind hope at this point.
>>
>>157318020
Kill yourself
>>
>>157318064
>they've appeared in official DB media.

Toei removed that from DBZ Kai actually
>>
>>157318177
The voice actor for TFS Nappa is a voice option in Xenoverse.
>>
>>157318177
>Funimation fucking loves TFS
>Toei hates their guts

somewhat hilarious

I wonder if it's possible that the idea of a parody show isn't a thing in Japan, resulting in very different reactions to it
>>
File: People_ep268_01.jpg (104KB, 1419x480px) Image search: [Google]
People_ep268_01.jpg
104KB, 1419x480px
>>157318307
Parodies are a thing in Japan, but there's no legal protection for them, so you wouldn't be able to get away with using DBZ footage or the actual designs in a parody that wasn't specifically licensed by Toei or Toriyama/Shueisha. It's why often anime references modify the designs, only show silhouettes or other ways to get around protected features.
>>
Does TFS have an incest fetish?
>jokes about Gohan pounding Chichi's tuna
>the whole thing with Bulma and Future Trunks
>Tai and Kari bits in Abridgimon
>the bug part in the last episode
Not that I mind, but it's weird that they're so open about it
>>
>>157316451
so stop watching then faggot
>>
>>157316700
Kiko How you doing?
>>
>>157316451
Really they should've finished the series in their 75 episodes or whatever they have done. They are leaving too much in
>>
>>157316451
abridged series are the lowest form of entertainment right after Amy Schumer comedy
>>
>>157319807
Says the man not funny enough to make one
>>
>>157317835
I found SAO Abridged to be enjoyable
>>
>>157316849
I wish they did it for the money; that would assure at least a bare minimum of quality content.
>>
>>157320088
Kill yourself.
>>
>>157316451
This is a eceleb tier thread. It shouldn't be on /a/.
>>
>>157320088
>Comedy aside, manged to make one of the most infamously shitty series better with good writing and interesting characters

How did they do it?
>>
>>157319110
>Tai and Kari bits in Abridgimon
At least this one is canon
>>
>>157317572
The song was his idea, he mentioned it in the podcast that came out around the same time.
>>
>>157316451
>eceleb shit
>>>/v/ is that way
>>
The freeza series was fun. After it sucks.
>I'm not anymore your normal sayajin
>..not again
>I'm the super sayajin
>goddamit vegeta
This part was hilarious.
>>
>>157316451
DBZ Abridged is probably the only one of those cringy series I actually enjoy. The fact they actually go above and beyond to remaster parts of the video quality as well as get actors from the series certainly helps.

Now Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged on the other hand, that shit should've died years ago.
>>
>>157317835
YGOA is horrible nowadays, it's been on a downhill slope for the past 5 years.

None Piece and Code MENT are pretty fucking good, mostly because the creator has good comedic timing and doesn't rely on "DAE REFERENCES LMAO" for humor.

I also really enjoyed Seven Deadly Schmucks, although I'm not sure whether that's still updating or not.
>>
>>157316451
The Abridging community has been dying out since the early 2010s. I remember being subscribed to over 20 channels with over 10k subs and growing that was all about abridging. Now, only an handful actively post episodes. TFS, despite fans complaining about their schedule, are one of the few channels that posts consistently. The 5 Abridged channels that I'm subscribed to post maybe 3 to 4 episodes on a yearly basis, if that. Even LK only posts an episode once every 4 to 5 months.
>>
>>157321338
>I also really enjoyed Seven Deadly Schmucks, although I'm not sure whether that's still updating or not.
Slowly but surely, lad. One of those "check back every month or so" type schedules.
>>
>>157317835
Re:zero abridge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaEdCkGQlzI
>>
The Goku vs Cell fight should be one episode only, the last episode barely had any jokes, except Mr. Satan (seriously they could do so much with this character) doing the exact same stuff he did in the original series.

Also killing off the filler characters was a mistake, considering the joke potential they could have had
>>
>>157321833
The only good joke in that episode was " you heard it here first folks,That orange hillbilly beats his wife!"
>>
They've gone way overboard with some of their running gags and skit. Also the Gay Dende thing got too old too fast, and I mean the moment they reintroduced that green guy when they needed to bring back the dragon balls.
>>
>>157321338
>None Piece

I could never get into it, you're the first person I know that says something good about it.

>Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged on the other hand, that shit should've died years ago

Isn't it already dead?
>>
>>157317835
DBZA
>>
>>157316581
Fpbs
>>
>>157317707
>someone who watches that episode who's never seen the robbie rotten song will have no idea that bit is referencing anything.
Can vouch for this. I just watched the new episode, I have no idea what this Robbie Rotten thing people keep mentioning even is, and nothing felt like a forced reference to the point I'd be able to pinpoint what the Robbie Rotten thing is just by watching this. The episode was fine.
>>
I think the problem with TFS is not only the unfunny memespouting, but the fact that it's barely an abridged series anymore since they barely abridge shit.
It's almost a fucking fandub.
>>
>>157316451
Why the fuck are these threads even allowed?
>>
>>157323959
Because reporting is broken.
>>
WeeklyTubeShow is way funnier than TFS could ever hope to be.
>>
>>157318307
Japs are only OK with parody when they want to feel OK with it and it's convenient for them.

Here's your (answer)
>>
>>157318307
Wait, you telling me an animation company, that spent MILLIONS, don't like retards who fuck with their property and believe they are actually good/better then the original at times? What a fucking shocker.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.