How about we actually discuss Precure and not just mindlessly shitpost for once.
Poodle Chocolate Cake
>Ingredients (for one 12" diameter cake)
<Chocolate sponge cake>
1½ eggs, medium (~75g)
45g caster sugar
1 Tbsp milk
35g cake flour
1 tsp cocoa powder
300mL fresh cream
75g of chocolate bar, bittersweet/semisweet
3 chocolate candies, round
2 chocolate pen (1 pink, 1 brown)
- bring the eggs to room temperature
- mix the cake flour and cocoa powder and sift.
- line the cake tin with parchment paper, the paper on the sides should reach 3-4cm above the sides of the tin
- preheat the oven to 170C/340F
- chop the semisweet chocolate bar into slivers
1. Let's make the chocolate sponge cake. Beat the room temperature eggs to a metal bowl, then add the caster sugar and mix using a hand mixer.
2. Place a frying pan with water onto medium heat until it reaches around 50C/120F (tiny bubbles should be just starting to form). Place the bowl from #1 into the warm water bath and continue beating with the hand mixer until it reaches around body temperature (37C/100F).
[Ichika: It's important that the batter be heated gently in the warm water bath! It won't turn out if it gets too hot so be careful!]
3. Continue beating the batter until it reaches a consistency where it falls off a whisk in ribbons as shown.
[Ichika: Yup, more beating! This is where the sponge cake gets its fluffiness. Unless we incorporate plenty of air here, the cake won't rise properly!]
4. Add the milk and whisk.
5. Divide the flour-cocoa mixture in half, then sift half in at a time, and mix with a rubber spatula until incorporated, making sure to reach all the way to the bottom of the bowl.
[Ichika: The oils from the cocoa will collapse the foam if you take too long, so mix quickly!]
6. Pour the batter into your lined cake tin, then lift the tin 10-20cm above the counter and drop to knock out any bigger bubbles in the batter.
7. Bake at 170C/340F for around 20 minutes. The center should bounce back slightly to the touch. Leave to cool on a cooling rack with the paper still on. (Should you be storing the cakes, they can be wrapped in the parchment paper and refridgerated.)
8. Let's make the ganache cream. Heat up the cream in a saucepan.
9. Just before it starts to boil, turn off the heat and add the semi-sweet chocolate, stirring with a rubber spatula. (If the chocolate isn't melting, turn the heat to low for a moment until it does.)
10. When the ganache has cooled, transfer it to a separate container and refridgerate.
[Anon: As shown, you can cool the ganache in the saucepan in an ice water bath if you're in a hurry.]
11. Take your cooled cakes, remove the parchment paper, and cut them crosswise into three thinner layers.
[Ichika: Use bamboo skewers, poked all the way through the cake, as guides to make sure your cuts are even!]
12. From one of your layers, cut out an round shape (around half its diameter) for the poodle's snout. The leftover edge parts will be the ears.
13. Take your cooled ganache, place it in an ice water bath, and beat with a hand-mixer until stiff peaks form.
14. Spread the whipped ganache over one full-sized layer of cake, and place the other full-sized layer on top.
[Ichika: The finished cake won't be movable, so make sure you're beginning this decoration on your serving plate!]
15. Take the smaller round, spread a thin layer of ganache on the bottom, and stack it on your cake. Take the leftover "ears" of cake and place them on the sides of the cake.
16. Pack some ganache into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and, except the ears, pipe stars over the top and sides of the cake.
17. Pack some ganache into a piping bag fitted with a basketweave tip, and squeeze it out in small waves to make fur on the ears.
18. Place chocolate candies for the eyes and nose.
19. Heat the two chocolate pens, and draw the mouth in brown and the tongue in pink.
20. With the leftovers ganache packed in #16, draw a collar and front paws, then top the collar with a strawberry.
[Ichika: With storebought chocolate sponge cake and cream ganache, you could jump straight to decorating at #11!]
>yields 2-150mL containers' worth
<Milk jelly> (convenient quantity)
2g agar (=½ Tbsp powder or 1½ Tbsp flakes)
25g castor sugar A
150mL water A
10g powdered gelatin (=2 Tbsp)
60mL water B
280mL carbonated water (or club soda)
2 Tbsp castor sugar B
40mL snocone syrup (blue)
50mL fresh cream
1 tsp castor sugar C
[Anon: I have no idea why they specify agar for the milky jelly and gelatin for the blue jelly. The two can be substituted easily for one another in equal quantities by weight with no drastic changes in procedure.]
- bring the milk to room temperature
1. Let's make the milk jelly. Place the agar, castor sugar A and water A in a pan, and mix well with a rubber spatula.
2. Place the pan on medium heat until it starts to bubble gently, then turn the heat to low while continuing to stir with the rubber spatula until the agar dissolves. (1-2 minutes)
3. Add the milk to the pan and stir. Quickly rinse a shallow pan or tupperware container under cold water, then transfer your milk jelly to it, then refrigerate for about an hour to set.
[Ichika: Try to have the jelly come up around 2cm/1" high in the pan or container!]
4. Cut out dolphin or other shapes you'd like out of the milk jelly, arrange them on a sheet pan and return to the fridge to keep cool.
So the bad guys just happen to ruin the one day of the year where Honoka's parents come to visit her twice in a row. What are the odds?
5. Let's make the ocean jelly. In a small, heat-safe bowl, mix the powdered gelatin and water B together, then heat over a hot water bath or in the microwave until completely dissolved.
6. In a separate metal bowl, add the carbonated water, castor sugar B and blue syrup and mix with a spoon.
7. Take a few spoons of the blue mix from #6 and add it to your dissolved gelatin from #5, stir well then add this mix back to the larger bowl, stirring to mix.
8. Place the bowl into an ice water bath and skim the surface with a wire mesh to remove any foam from the gelatin. Mix with a rubber spatula until it becomes thick.
9. Ladle the thickened blue jelly into your container until it is around three-quarters full, then add the dolphin-shaped milk jelly from #4 with chopsticks so that it is suspended in your blue jelly.
[Ichika: The jelly will be flipped upside-down when it's finished, so make sure to put your milk jelly shapes in upside-down as well!]
[Anon: Also, top up your containers with blue jelly after the dolphin is in the right spot.]
10. Put your jelly in the fridge to chill for 2 hours, or until set.
11. Place the jelly containers in a hot water bath (for less than a minute) to loosen the jelly from the sides.
12. Place your serving plate on top the jelly container, and holding it firmly with both hands, flip it upside down, give it a quick shake, then slide off the container.
13. Let's make the whipped cream. In a metal bowl, add the fresh cream and castor sugar C and place in an ice water bath, then beat until stiff peaks form.
14. Pack a piping bag fitted with a star tip with the whipped cream, and decorate the dolphin jelly around the base and on top.
Please refrain from posting (((modern Precure))) in a retro Precure thread.
No need to create divisions.
What exactly is (((modern))) about modern precure?
Alright, discuss the upcoming Shadow KiraKira precures.
Will they live up to the hype and save this series?
Yeah that's rather surprising
i dont even watch precure anymore, why do i still come in here everyday
Same, except I still watch the old ones. The last couple seasons may as well be a different franchise entirely.
i dont even shitpost that much, i keep tab open all the time in case something funny happens
it never does
nah never seen it
kigs are pure cancer, you should kill yourself
Remember to spend your hard earned money on things you love.
I have my eyes on those wallscrolls from Ensky since Smile but 6-9k + shipping/tax for a single one is pushing it a little. Did you attach it at the bottom of the door somehow?
>it's been up and down since then
No, ratings have been worse every year with the one exception of GoPri, which did better than HaCha and Doki but not as good as Smile.
I don't have Maho stats but I know it was bad, maybe worse than HaCha but I can't remember specifics.
Found the Maho stats. It was actually more popular than GoPri in the first few months (maybe GoPri's ending helped with hype?) but tanks like a bitch in the second half.
Also, 35-49 year old women fucking loved GoPri apparently, and HaCha's vast majority of viewers were 20-34 year old men.
>tfw I was one of the people saying that
>nagisa spends hours on /b/ every day sheepishly looking at porn and pretending not to be an underage newfag
>sees a 4-leaf clover t-shirt at the mall and begs her mom to buy it because sekrit club so cool
>honoka's face when she wears it every day and shouts "POOL'S CLOSED" at random people
Do you honestly expect me to believe that?
14 year old girls are the best.
>tanks like a bitch in the second half
"Tanks" is pretty relative, we're talking about 1-2%, even in the worst of cases. Meanwhile you have top-end share losses around 4-5% for SS and GoGo, losing all year in all the important demographics.
You could argue that at half the share of FW, it's proportionally only a little off, but the absolute loss is probably far more important.
They're funny numbers to look at, regardless.
My enjoyment of krkr would be sevely lower without Aoi, that's for sure.
No, not especially, but they've put a lot of effort into splashing her here and there all over the script with a consistent character. Now that I think about it, she's sorta bratty, but with an older feel than, say, Hime. I find it fun.
But little moments with Yukari is my favorite part.
We need to be more like /ai/! Little girls of peace!
She's ugly, her character has shitty half-assed writing even for Precure, and her voice is both bad and doesn't fit. I'm 9 episodes behind mostly because I dread any moment she is on the screen. At this point it's safe to say I dropped Kira entirely because of her and she is fully responsible for ruining the show.
Akane is such a little hottie.
All of these whining, conflicts, shitpostings "Precure is dead", "this shit is better than Precure", "join /ai/", "/ai/ is better", and bullied mahofags came from those retarded female landwhales from /ai/. They just can't stop comparing their shittyselves to their onee-sama.
Mods precurefags occasionally bullies them.
I watched all of futari wa high as a kite. Best season.
maho and kira are so shit i think we should get a sequel season once again, doki gogo would be great
I'd want fresh season 2, need someone to replace Karou though :(
i want more suite, but i also don't want to risk my favorite installment being ruined
what if i like comfy and dragonball?
It's not the imouto's fault her oneechan has become jaded and hateful. Be an example for /ai/, and /ai/ won't have to become an example for /pc/, silly oneechan.
>has become jaded
nigger where do you think you are?
Don't be rude!
>lying on the internet
You should be ashamed.
Observe: a single frame with more joy than 80% of Maho
Kira is fun though.
Are you baka?
Why would anyone even consider marrying you?
She already has a cute wife and a kid.
The best you can hope for is an unprotected sex with Megumi.
Good thing Megumi is into older men.
I can't believe lovely cat anon is fucking dead
>you will never feel that hidamari poka poka
I hate it when people don't upload the extras.
Was there a magical girl series with sick roller blade parkour, transformation that turned the character older and with a cloak, and heroine fear that she will grow up and move away from her friends, so fights to protect them while she still can?
I feel like I'm ripping something off but drawing a blank as to what.
is this that goku bitch? the fuck is she doing here?
At this point the final boss is just gonna be the same guy they're fighting every week now, since Precure is no longer a MotW show. Now it's an amorphous colored blob of the week show.
Literally almost every mahou shoujo since Cutie Honey has done this. It's for that sweet sweet crossover fanbase of lonely otaku who are so bored they grind seasons of Precure in their free time.
The next series should have all the monsters be faceless parodies of different jobs, like a firefighter monster that has a cannon that sprays flames, an idol that has mind-control sound attacks, a pilot that can fly and generate windstorms with his propellers, etc.
Fucking hate this shit. This beta fuccboi's dumb baby face and dick-sucking lips just ruined any potential his character had for me.
Uhhhh, wow. We don't condone hate speech in this thread you salty little burritonigger. Get out.
why are blues always the worst cures
you wish you were so beautiful as i am
Akira is boring and looks like a dude.
Yukari is typical perfect girl.
Himari barely exists
Aoi is annoying and I don't wanna her her voice anymore.
Ichika is cute.
This isn't fun.
precure was never for fun, precure is a serious business
ironic retardness is the worst
looks like your board is right over here >>>/lgbt/
its not new but its perfect for you, you faggot
Says Haruharu who wants to get BROWNED
I seriously want a brown cure, how common are SEA immigrants in Japan?
id feel embarrassed if i were the one who posted this
>implying the tennis boy doesn't get to her first
im not your mom, fuck off
glad im not you
this thread was doing fine, then you showed up, you seriously should fuck off, this place will be better without you
thats literally the level of your response >>157375906, im glad you agree its shit, just like you other replies
how about you watch some precure before shitposting in here? i know people around here dont know what precure even is but you take it to the whole new level, level of autism
posting the same shit reply just make you look stupid, listen to your pal and fuck off
thats how it works you grammar cuck
why are you bringing up grammar in every thread? does it feel good? do you feel superior schooling other people about irrelevant shit? sounds like /int/ is suited better for you than /pc/
Guys, just ignore him. We have so many dumb attention whores in these threads already, you don't have to start feeding another.
Do you realize how retarded you look right now? Probably not.
I haven't looked at theses threads in like a week.
that explain why this thread went to shit
oh the irony, you still dont get that no one wants to talk about grammar in non grammar thread, but you are just too retarded to grasp that
You spics were already turning this place into random shitpost generals.
Except Reika. She's a hog.
still replying? didnt these posts make you reconsider your life around here?
This is a nice Karen. Yes 5 is so full of quality but you just know they're pretty.
Especially when they go full dork.
Cats are dumb.
Anyone have the gif of Kanade doing the X there?
I had this gif before I watched Suite. Everyone should have Kanade gifs.
Fuck, I completely forgot about Hime's social anxiety. We need a cure with brain problems again.
Oh nice, I didn't know of this one.
This was the one I lost. Thank you, anons.
She was a little creepy at first, but it's kind of cute too.
It is! There's a few cute shots like this in it.
God, precure is so dead. I want to cry