[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such a thing as an anime "too smart"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 76723.jpg (51KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
76723.jpg
51KB, 225x321px
Is there such a thing as an anime "too smart" for it's own good?
>>
>>157291805
Phantom World was picking apart terrible writing and showing the audience why it doesn't work. Phantom World is genius and the greatest deconstructive work of the decade.
>>
>>157291880
good meme
>>
>tfw to smart to dislike Phantom World
>>
>>157291805
PW was the shittiest anime I saw in the last 3 years and I'd dead serious about that.
>>
File: flip flappers.jpg (176KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
flip flappers.jpg
176KB, 419x600px
>>157291805
>Is there such a thing as an anime "too smart" for it's own good?
Yes

Just look at the amount of morons who didn't understand Phantom World, Kiznaiver or Flip Flappers
>>
>>157291805
Glasslip, it was so deep people thought it was about nothing.
>>
>>157291880
fpbp
>>
>>157292174
It's because you chose to not engage with the show that you claim the writing is bad and can't even bring to mind all the visual storytelling that goes on at every frame. Phantom World is a production that undercuts a dialectic between the theatrical and mundane. The main thematic motif of the show is an Evangelion-esque study of relationships and empathy depicting subjective experience above all else, perhaps the reason for the Bach music parallel. It uses abstract Shinbo-esque colors, paper cutouts, experimental angle shots, spatial layout designs, meticulous character acting and long lasting continuity of quirks to establish consistence of performance, framing motion specifically tied to the edge of the frame and BGs to elucidate its fullness of vision of space. One shot of Mai's bedroom had more visual storytelling and characterization than the entirety of the Haruhi series.
>>
Eureka Seven AO.
>>
Remember how people spammed the limbo part and then it ended up being shit
>>
>>157293919
Kyoanifags are easily impressed imbred subhumans, more news at eleven.
>>
I just realized I must have missed tons of daily Phantom World threads n the past couple of weeks because I haven't browsed much.
In all seriousness though, Phantom World wasn't bad by any measure, it was at worst average, and that's a very hard "at worst".
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.