[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kadokawa contest bans isekai. >Any original novel that do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 472
Thread images: 55

File: kakuyomu.jpg (96KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
kakuyomu.jpg
96KB, 600x315px
Kadokawa contest bans isekai.
>Any original novel that does not have a story where the hero finds himself in a different world is eligible for submission. However, submitted novels must feature adult male protagonists.
>The website does not provide a reason why novels involving protagonists thrown into alternate worlds are excluded.
Are they finally trying to mitigate the cancer?

Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-05-15/kadokawa-holds-light-novel-contest-for-stories-about-adult-men/.116037
>>
>>157276846
Too many editors on suicide watch, I'd imagine.
>>
Good. It they want to write fantasy, make them put some effort in it.
>>
It's because they always win.
>>
>>157276892
>put some effort
It doesn't take any effort.
Keep your fantasy world exactly the same, just pick a person from that universe as the protagonist.
Done.

People have been writing non-isekai fantasy works for hundreds of years.
>>
>>157276892
I still don't understand the appeal of isekai over regular fantasy, virtually no one does anything with the premise.
>>
>>157276927
Self-insertion.
>>
>>157276981
Pssh, I can self-insert without a crutch.
>>
>>157276846
The reason why they banned it is because Isekai is the in topic. Back in 2015 was the battle school harem which had to be banned.
>>
>>157276846
>Are they finally trying to mitigate the cancer?
it was the same last year, like 1-2/10 submission from the previous year were issekai.

Isekai not only is a fair popular theme lately, but also is a fucking damn easy theme to write as the Author is creating the world. so he can make and create or change anything to his like without worry for cohesion or shits
>>
>>157276846
You forgot: "must feature adult male protagonists"
>>
ridiculous
>>
>>157277114
>Isekai not only is a fair popular theme lately, but also is a fucking damn easy theme to write as the Author is creating the world. so he can make and create or change anything to his like without worry for cohesion or shits
The same applies to any fictional world.
>>
>>157277119
did you even read the op
>>
>>157276927
>isekai over regular fantasy
self insert
Fantasy: take the hobbit as example, a midget from a farmer community with different life style, different, views of the world etc

Isekai: this useless NEET (just like you) happens to ________________________ and is not in a different world where he is now the hero of its own adventure and shits, JUST LIKE YOU FUCKING DREAM YOU WERE RATHER THEN THE LOOSER YOU ARE NOW !!
>>
>>157276846
Ok instead of isekai what if the character gets really into a new VR game which 100% immersive and has life like NPCs and spending one hour in the game is equal to 300 years so the main characters never log out or think about their real life
>>
>>157276846
>contest for stories about adult men
I'm more confused by this part.

>finally
They're not even the first contest to do this, nigger, we had threads about at least one other last year.
>>
>no isekai
>push battle harem again
And the cycle continues.
>>
>>157277148
Iseka is fiction but done so that the chances of self insert or related to the MC are higher

not everyone can relate to Frodo Baggins of Luke Skywalker
>>
>>157277159
>RATHER THEN THE LOOSER
Control your spelling, anon.
>>
>>157277183
>>157277159
also Isekai implies BOTH worlds exist. and MC is transfered from Our world to the new world, so in some series he uses knowledge from our world to his advantage. like creating fucking Mayo
>>
>>157277159
>Fantasy: take the hobbit as example, a midget from a farmer community with different life style, different, views of the world etc
Tolkien literally based Shire and hobbits on his homeland, and the theme of leaving the home for foreign war and returning to a country that changed is in line with his experiences in WW1.
>>
>>157277160
So Accel World.
>>
>>157276846
salaryman LN>high school kid LN
Overlord and Youjo Senki is better than Konoshit and reddit zero.
>>
>>157276927
>>157277159

Posting the Japanese failed capitalism escapism explanation from other similar threads. It's pretty good.

https://frogkun.com/2016/05/05/whats-the-appeal-of-those-stuck-in-another-world-fantasies-some-japanese-bloggers-explain/
>>
>>157277245
Accel World without 90% of it taking place outside of the game or gaining abilities outside of the game.
>>
>>157277119
Probably the hardest requirement
>>
>>157276927
Isekai is common cause it makes delivering exposition without straight dumping it easy as fuck. You don't need to figure out how to properly introduce exposition to the story without boring the readears if your MC needs to get everything about the setting and characters explained to him cause he came fom other world. There's also the self insert aspect.
>>
>>157277253
Overlord is the worst uninspired garbage in years.
>>
Why would Isekai be any worse than regular fantasy. The change is that you actually (usually) see the MC establish a relationship with the characters.
Fuck anime with already established relations.
>>
>>157277333
>Why would Isekai be any worse than regular fantasy
A) self insert
B) Another World, means the knowledge from our world exist, and in many isekai, MC exploits it for his gain, like making fucking Mayo, the Art of War expertise from our History or having shit that dont exist in said universe like a fucking cellphone
>>
>>157277333
Because isekai have literally become just a reset button fantasy where losers get to be god because they played videogames and read manga.

It would be like if 4chan were another world and people from every board got thrown into it. They already know how to shitpost and that makes them instant winners forever.
>>
>>157277323
>You don't need to figure out how to properly introduce exposition to the story without boring the readears if your MC needs to get everything about the setting and characters explained to him cause he came fom other world
Just because there's a legitimate reason for people to explain the setting to the MC doesn't make it any less boring. It just makes it less contrived.
>>
>>157277333
I don't think I understand, are you implying you can't establish a relationship between MC and other characters if the MC doesn't come from another world?
>>
They ought to ban fantasy genre altogether since both isekai and regular fantasy are over-saturating the market. Go the extra mile and say no to harem as well.

How about story with a private detective or a bounty hunter? If sci-fi is okay, maybe a starship captain?

Hopefully more publishers encourage (if not downright demand) more originality.
>>
>>157277333
Another problem is that "regular fantasy" to the Nips are ripoffs of Dragon Quest or piles of shit that have RPG mechanics shoved into it.

Can't they think of a concept that can stand on its own?
>>
>So there I was walking down the street in my track suit, getting some snacks to eat after another long hard day of being a dropeet (a dropout NEET) when suddenly a magical world where the laws of physics worked just like a dragon quest game started materializing around me while I stood still.

There, the MC didn't go to another world another world came to him. Loophole found, crisis averted.
>>
>>157277389
Don't forget the Lovecraft references.
>>
>>157277333
>Why would Isekai be any worse than regular fantasy.
The hard part with fantasy is to establish an alien world. What usually happens is you introduce a foreigner into the setting so you can explain things. Isekai just simplifies things further by making that foreigner an Earthling.

As an example, Coffin Princess has Chaika, who knows very little about the world she showed up in. And in Scapped Princess the main cast are Koreans who then slowly travelled to Japan. (it is hard to notice they are Koreans because obviously Korea no longer exists as a country).

Even LotR is about Hobbits going to new lands and have everything explained to them.
>>
>>157276922

Yeah, but the difference is that you actually have to think about how you introduce your world and setting. Isekai is convenient because you have an excuse to lore dump due to the unknowing MC.
>>
>>157277372
My point still stands, isekai is a writing crutch.
>>
>>157276846
>muh MMO anime is so shit, even the biggest shit stirrer has had enough
>>
>>157277426
Just make your MC a farm boy ignorant of the outside world, easy.
>>
>>157277371
>tfw no story about someone being transported to the 4chan world where every section of the world is based on 4chan boards.

I'd read the fuck out of that.
>>
>>157277473
>Just make your MC a farm boy
>has to be an adult male
good luck kid
>>
>>157277508
pick 9 boards and make it a NEET version of Dante's Inferno
>>
File: Thanks Kadokawa.png (965KB, 1866x1616px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Kadokawa.png
965KB, 1866x1616px
>>
File: light novels.png (2MB, 1432x2048px) Image search: [Google]
light novels.png
2MB, 1432x2048px
>>
>>157276846
>submitted novels must feature adult male protagonists
Looks like they banned yuri and high school kids too.
>>
>>157277371
Why is that worse though? Escapism isn't a bad thing, and I hardly think the average LN author is aiming for literary laurels. And if that's what the readers wanted, they'd read War and Peace instead.
>>
File: light novels2.jpg (349KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
light novels2.jpg
349KB, 1000x1430px
>>
>>157277513
how about a regular farmer then?
>>
>>157277530
Sounds badass
>/b/ is limbo
>adult boards for lust
>/ck/ for gluttony
>/biz/ for greed
>/pol/ is wrath
>/x/ heresy
>/k/ is violence
>9 malebolge are the 9 Japanese culture boards
>final 4 rounds are the 4 video game boards
>>
>>157277632
no body will read an story about a guy from Alabama
>>
>>157277632
And it's not his parents that have been murdered by Orcs/Bandits/Snake priests, it's his children!
>>
>>157277473
>Just make your MC a farm boy ignorant of the outside world, easy.
Well why do you think Luke Skywalker was a farmboy? But at some point farmboys become too alien if your audience is from suburbia and have never even touched soil.
>>
>>157277371
To me a good isekai is one which takes full advantage of the fish out of water aspect, where the MC is in an alien and unfamiliar land even if some of his existing skillset are trabsferable he still needs to learn from others to survive. Examples are Muv-Luv, Grimgar, and even Mushoku Tensei.
>>
Offical tier list

>Classic tier
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative

>Archetype tier
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Evil God Average
- Oda Nobuna

>Atypical tier
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- Youjo Senki
- Release that Witch
- Dungeon Defense

>Fun garbage tier
- Arifureta
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- Koihime Musou
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Tsuki ga Michibiku
- Slime Tensei
- Dog Days
- Knights and Magic

>Total garbage tier
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- The New Gate
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Dungeon Seeker
- Master of Monster
- Gun Ota
- Nidome no Yuusha
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves

>Not isekai tier
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Pay to Win VRMMO
- Sevens
>>
>>157277609
Holy shit, this is fucking spot on.
>>
What happened to the reverse isekai with a guy from a fantasy world being sent to the modern world?
>>
>>157277703
uhh.. Rayearth where?
>>
>>157277678
Well just make your MC a plain suburban girl who's recently moved in with her father in the dreary town of Forks then.
>>
>>157277703
>The New Gate
>Garbage tier
What mate?
>>
>>157277678
>why was Luke a farmboy
Because Lucas based the film on the samurai film works of Akira Kurosawa which often adhered to the discrepancy between the shogun/daimyo, the samurai, the bandits, and the peasantry.

Luke was part of the oppressed peasantry that rose up to be a samurai after he inherited the will of the ronin obiwan to take down the feudal lord Darth Vader's castle. He found help in a pair of bandits, defeated soldiers, peasants, and the ojousama of another province.
>>
>>157277371
that said who is to say some anon's greed wouldn't be satisifed with that? wouldn't some anons derive more pleasure denying other anons their newfound place to belong?
>>
>>157277657
>bottom board isn't /z/ or /fk/ (before Hiroshima removed them)
come on, now
>>
Huh, Muv-Luv is isekai? I thought it was some mecha/harem stuff.
>>
>>157277731
>What happened to the reverse isekai with a guy from a fantasy world being sent to the modern world?
Maou-Sama
>>
>>157277609
>dual wielding

This can't be a coincidence.
>>
>>157277790
its isekai on the later part
>>
>>157277815
Does zaShunina coming over for some bread, the anime series count as reverse isekai?
>>
What about Isekkai, but MC is not trapped, rather they can jump in and out of it at their like.
Basically, Accel World, SAO, Any VR setting or G.A.T.E.
>>
>>157277790
It is. It's about a guy from a SoL harem comedy taking place in our world who suddenly gets transplanted into a mecha world at war with alien Invaders, and meets alternate world versions of the people he knows from SoL world. He signs up to join the army because he thinks it would be awesome to use his Virtual-On arcade skills to operate a real mecha. Then the story is about him slowly learning that being in the army and everyone around him getting killed by ayyliums actually really sucks.
>>
Overlord and reverse Isekai are the best.
>>
>>157277513
Country bumpkin who wants to leave to find work in the big city. Easy.
>>
>>157277703
What about Those Who Hunt Elves? Man, that was a barrel of fun.
>>
File: 1358068173413.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1358068173413.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>157276846
>Kadokawa contest bans isekai.
Again? Haven't they already done it a few months ago? Or is this old news?
>>
>>157277996
JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
LIVIN IN A LONELY WORLD
>>
>>157277996
or a city slicker who wants to go adventuring in the wilderness
>>
>>157278038
I don't think that was Kadokawa
>>
What about a guy trying to get a harem TWGOK style with his knowledge of eroge but then failing miserably he develops huge hatred for women and chads and starts a beta uprising movement?
>>
Isn't 転生 just reincarnation stuff?
As long as it's regular travel it should be okay.
>>
>>157278144
this could be the direction Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake kayo could be headed towards, too bad we have no translations.
>>
>>157277513
Retired or repenting warrior on a pilgrimage.
>>
File: Zashiki_Bonus_Track.png (496KB, 640x880px) Image search: [Google]
Zashiki_Bonus_Track.png
496KB, 640x880px
>>157277253
>Salaryman
Try police detective.
>>
>>157276846
>No Isekai
Ok, that is easy

>Adult male protagonist.
Now that's mildly interesting.
Though, again, fairly easy.
>>
>>157278195
Shinobu's side of the story is always better though
>>
>>157278176
Reminds me of Rengoku no Ashe. I wouldn't mind it being more than a one-shot.
>>
>>157277513
You can define in your LN that 13 y'o is already adult male and you can use 15 y'o protagonist.
>>
>>157276846
Can it be the age of fantasy novels now?
>>
File: Zashiki_v08_188.png (222KB, 816x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zashiki_v08_188.png
222KB, 816x1200px
>>157278217
I usually preferred Hayabusa's but the point was more that a job that will actually involve getting into shit is much better for a story.
>>
>>157278217
You have terrible taste.
>>
>>157276846
>However, submitted novels must feature adult male protagonists.
I bet each and every protagonist is going to be twenty and not a day older.
>>
>>157276846
>must feature adult male protagonists.
but why tough? everyone will end up with harem story with that regulation
>>
EVERYONE BUT THE MC DIES AND THE WORLD IS REPLACED BY A FANTASY WORLD
>>
>>157278292
That's basically the premise of Single Player Only.
>>
ISEKAI BUT THE PROTAGONIST IS REINCARNATED INTO A CENTAUR
>>
>>157277878
I know you're shitposting with that spoiler but Jikuu Mahou was essentially that. If not for the MC being 12/10 on the denseness scale it would've been a good webnovel.
>>
>>157277878
or like fucking Inuyasha
>>
>>157277678
well then make him the son of an aristocrat who just sits inside reading shitty books all day
>>
>>157276846

ADULT male protagonist is more surprising, considering how many light novels have high school age teenagers
>>
>>157278276
or they'll get confused as a high schooler every other page because of how young they look
>>
File: vivalaretraplotion.jpg (929KB, 1111x1600px) Image search: [Google]
vivalaretraplotion.jpg
929KB, 1111x1600px
>>157278276
>>157278595
Has the era of ancient shota traps arrived?
>>
Elf MC who lived as a hermit for many years to train in _______ combat skills. Now returns to a world that has changed.

Boom. You can set his age to be just about anything, and also set his appearance to be anywhere on the age spectrum. He'll have "cheat" powers but be completely socially inept and lacking in knowledge. Afterwards, just stick in the usual food hunting, harem that he never fucks (including a loli elf because pandering), and other indulgences.

When do I get my prize?
>>
>>157277703
Where the hell is Mondaijitachi? Did everyone forgot about based protagonists and useless rabbit only good for sex appeal?
>>
You guys are making fantasy harder than it is. It can still have traits similar to our world or be completely different. What matters is the writer's talent at exposition and how interesting the world is. Isekai needs exposition too.
>>
Asekai. From the author of isekai.

Mc is an adult male neet in alternative Tokyo where magic has been discovered and cross-breeding with magical races created new species. He has to use his superiour neet net browsing skills to get his shit together and save everyone from big trouble only he knows about while acquiring a harem of stereotypes. Self-insert all you want, woah.
>>
>>157278903
they made the rabbit a flat loli so now it sucks
>>
>>157276846
>Are they finally trying to mitigate the cancer?

No, they just need to find something to adapt but they can't use an oversatured genre
>>
File: 1494731457191.jpg (545KB, 1280x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1494731457191.jpg
545KB, 1280x1818px
If you want to do Isekai, at least try to be unique.
>>
>>157279072
They take the traditional fantasy tropes and twist one a little. With this they think it's enough, done.
Like people reincarnating as slimes, goblins etc. It's shit, SHIT.
>>
>>157276927
1. Super easy self-inserting and escapism fuel. The whole premise is literally "escape from a shitty life in Japan and become the most amazing person is the other world".
2. Justification of the infodump, as MC doesn't know jack shit about anything.
3. You can skip development of magic/power system and just use stock game mechanics. The pure fantasy has no reason to have status screens, levels etc.
4. Since your MC is already a super special snowflake, you can get away with giving him a super special power, which your random villager A wouldn't have.
5. You can stroke readers' national pride and go NIPPON BANZAI with MC introducing Glorious Nippon Things like kotatsu or food to filthy fantasy barbarians.
6. You can have MC spout ebin may-mays, anime terms and references in your work.

Isekai stories are low-effort, mass-produced, copy-pasted ultimate escapism material. The appeal of fantasy is the lack limitations imposed by the rules of our world, allowing you to create the craziest, most unbelievable and ridiculous settings readers can explore. And isekai reject that completely, using the "fantasy" part only as an excuse to give a nip loser some amazing powers and throw various elf girls, cat girls, princesses etc. at him. The setting is just a stock MMO world with stock game mechanics and a stock adventurers' guild in a stock fantasy kingdom. The opponents are stock game monsters, stock evil empire or stock shitty nobles, defeated effortlessly by MC who pretty much just plays on cheats since the day one, because fuck the hero's journey to git gud. All that matters is that nip NEET MC is now amazing and all girls want his dick.

You could've literally write a story where some high school loser wakes up one morning and magically becomes super handsome, super smart, super fit and super cool, and every girl in the school wants to ride his one foot long cock, and it would be as subtle and creative as your average isekai story.
>>
>>157279176
But none of those things are specific to isekai
>>
>>157277731
I want a story of a wizard and his pet dragon fghting in Iraq.
>>
>>157277848
One of themes of the show is trying to bridge zaShunina's abstract, dispassionate understanding of things with human more immediate reality. There are no actual isekai elements in the story, I'd say.
>>
>>157278289
That's what they aiming for: for novel to have as much girls as possible and blanc male MC for self-insert.

>>157278575
They just want to tap adult males market more. Sararimans have more money that high-schoolers and NEETS.
>>
>>157277609
Holy shit, spot on
>>
>male
>isekai'd into another world
>became a 9/10 cute girl
>doesn't fall into pit of dicks

Everytime
>>
>>157279260
They have more money, but they have no time to enjoy things.
>>
>>157279195
But they are things you will pretty much see all the time in every isekai
>>
>>157279176
That's all because the nips have no imagination and don't care about consistency in their settings.
Isekai has the potential to be really good, even if it's still a neet's wish fullfilment story, if proper effort goes into worlbuilding and characters than just 'lol dragon quest'.
>>
>>157279058
What exactly happened to the cast to change them so much?
>>
>>157279176
>The pure fantasy has no reason to have status screens, levels etc.
Tell that to Danmachi.

>you can get away with giving him a super special power, which your random villager A wouldn't have.
This has gotten pretty ridiculous to be honest. It's one thing for their special status to be directly related to being from another world, e.g. in Mushoku Tensei because his soul isn't from this world some of the world's sensibilities like the curse hatred of Orsted and Laplace doesn't affect him. But then this turns into "ALL isekaid people must have some kind of random cheat power!" which is frankly ludicrous and even worse than saying "ALL princesses must be kidnapped by dragons!".

>You can stroke readers' national pride
Well this is kind of a feature of Western fiction from the colonial era, with the European explorer entering darkest Africa and fascinating the savages with his boomsticks and firewater.
>>
How about a fantasy about natives of a fantasy world having to deal with the aftermath of some asshole getting teleported to their world?
At first they all sign up to join the hero and vanquish the demon lord but have to struggle with the fact that, as a bunch of npcs with no cheat powers they are useless and utterly dependant on the hero. All they can do is offer him gear, moral support, and hide their frustration at having to beg a complete stranger to save your world. Finally the hero vanquishes the demon lord and returns to his own world, but the mcs are left behind to deal with the social unrest left behind. Thousand year old traditions are trampled in the rush to aquire kotatsus and "japanese" food. Peasants and slaves, unused to being treated like real people by the hero, demand the same from their overlords. Meanwhile the demon nation is left in a state of chaos with a bunch of leaderless soldiers and a big power vacuum.
>>
Rate me /a/.

The world was changing. People started gaining powers. Heroes and villains suddenly became a daily thing. Fantasy creatures/people started coming out of the woodworks. Magic was proven. They have judged humanity worthy of finally getting to know the secret side of the world.
Wars were waged. Treaties were signed. The world became normal again only after a short while. This is thanks to humanity skills of adapting to their environment quickly.

You are a boy born at the height of the world crisis and started school at the start of the beginning of the new world. You will go to school for the normally gifted as you are one of many children that have both an affinity for magic and a power.
Follow the story of you trying to survive in a new world like no one had done before.
>>
>>157279496
write sisters
>>
>>157279510
Typical Battle harem
>>
File: 1411026355088.jpg (8KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411026355088.jpg
8KB, 229x250px
What if, instead of the guy getting thrown into the fantasy world being a useless NEET, he's a complete psychopath (who doesn't get put into a little girl's body)? What if it's a historical or mythological figure? What if instead of some useless NEET Jap, Gilgamesh/Heracles/Augustus/Vlad/Napoleon/Mussolini/Whoever get thrown into a fantasy world?
>>
>>157277182
But now with adult male protagonists instead of high-schoolers.
>>
>>157279510
Battle high-school harem but in a fantasy world?
Congratulations, you're rich now.
>>
>>157279534
Been done, watch/read Drifters.
>>
>>157279539
>salaryman battle harem where salarymen and OLs have to fight other companies
>>
What about getting kidnapped by ayyliums and dumped into another planet instead of being truck'd and reincarnated or whatever?
>>
>>157279176
My feeling is they read a story done properly where all of these things are earned slowly over time and there is actual character development and effort put in so that by the time the main character gets to the point where he has all these things he has earned that payoff.

But then they were like "actually I just want the payoff. It takes too long to get to the payoff" and they write their own story with a much shorter time to pay off. And then people cap to writing stories with shorter and shorter time to pay off, the overall average time to pay off kept getting shorter, and now these days the main character just has everything from the beginning and walks around basically like a tourist playing Skyrim with God mode on.
>>
>>157279560
True but sadly, Drifters was trash.
>>
>>157277253
Isekai has one purpose over regular fantasy. Wank over how the outsider protagonist uses his outsider knowledge, mindset and condition to take advantage of the situation.
Unless it's an edgy keikaku lover, you're defeating the point.
>>
>>157279468
It's entirely new cast except KuroUsagi
From left to right
Indra, Kuro Usagi, Ayazato Ayari that Your Highness' evil dagger loli aka Ayazato Rin little sister, Izayoi's little brother, Kudou Asuka ex-twin sister reincarnated to same family with same name.

For old cast. Izayoi currently got transported back to his old world. You is current leader of NoName. Asuka is trying to find NoName's former guildies in other world/universe and bring them back
>>
>>157279527
>>157279546
It won't be a battle harem. The guy isn't the most powerful guy(at first). MC best friend is the most powerful. She is also his childhood friend. MC will also adopt a shota that he found on some battlefield somewhere. You can't have a harem like that.
>>
>>157277159
>LOOSER
Spotted the millenial
>>
>>157277119
That does not disqualifies themes such as "imouto supports his salaryman brother," right?
>>
>>157276846
How about this then:
You're a 30 year old male Hikikomori. After struggling with NEETdom and social anxiety for 15 years, you finally emerge from your apartment because you ran out of tissues to find that the world has changed.
Magical races are running through Tokio, a giant forest with elves and unicorns grew in Akihabara, and for some godforsaken reason your cute loli waifu has become real, claiming that because of your intense concentration for the last decade you spawned her with the new magical powers that the Awakening brought.

Now you must find out what has happened, fix things before the government has to downsize the bureaucracy due to constant monster attacks, since that'd mean your parents getting fired and they'd stop paying for your NEET lifestyle, and try to not get arrested for raping the loli waifu that's following you around everywhere.
>>
>>157277513
>what is GranBlue
Literally this season.
>>
What was wrong with good old Urban Fantasy? That is escapism as well.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Isekai. The problem is, as always, the execution. The biggest issue is how low-entry barrier it is.
>>
>>157277609
>fight reality every do often
さすが
>>
>>157279610
>new cast
Right, I vaguely remember reading something about that. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>157279727
>vaguely remember reading something about that
Because it's entirely new LN separate from Mondaijitachi. Not just new volume. Name is Last Embryo. Translation is ongoing by the same group that translated Mondaijitachi.
>>
>>157277253
>isekai with MMO mechanics
>good
>>
>>157279323
They have more time than you think. Especially for something like novels, when you can start and stop ant any given moment at anyplace.
>>
>>157276846
Just copy Berserk and call it a day.
>>
>>157279773
I actually downloaded volume 1-8 a rather long time ago, but haven't read them yet, wasn't aware that the translation of the first series actually was finished already. Thank you!
>>
>>157277513
A 19 years old is technically an adult but you can basically write him as your typical teenager without issues.
>>
File: consider flemie.jpg (201KB, 1570x1080px) Image search: [Google]
consider flemie.jpg
201KB, 1570x1080px
>>157277601
>they banned yuri and high school kids too.
Only the MC has to be an adult, he can be the teacher, or even better, an adult male that goes to highschool for whatever dumb reason.

Ryuuji is a neet wants to go to college but he can't because he never graduated, then he must return HS
>>
File: 1276489844083.jpg (376KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1276489844083.jpg
376KB, 600x800px
>>157276846
So female protagonists and alien genderless protagonists are not welcome? Why? What about if the protag is a trap? Does this count as male?
>>
>>157277601
>>157279960
Good. No more yuri.
>>
File: 1490511265788.png (87KB, 313x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490511265788.png
87KB, 313x234px
>>157276846
>only adult male protagonists
seems super restrictive. not even young protags, geez.
>>
File: 1485868682005.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485868682005.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>157277732
My thoughts exactly. Fushigi Yuugi is also missing. And Fullmetal Alchemist
>>
File: img000001.jpg (700KB, 1802x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000001.jpg
700KB, 1802x1200px
Is Jin an isekai?
>>
>>157280087
No. Jin is time travel.
>>
We need psychopaths on isekai instead of muh assholes with good hearts/beta faggots that are secretly OP overlord doesn't count, ainz is more of a salaryman doing a good job for the hopes of his friends to notice his work.
>>
>>157276846
Simple. A cute teenage girl in a fantasy universe wakes up one day to figure out someone has turned her into an adult man/An adult man wakes up one day to figure out that the dead soul of a cute teenage girl has bonded to him. For all intents and purposes, the protagonist is an adult man since everyone sees and communicates with the adult man form, but every single illustration for it focuses on a ghostly figure of the girl right behind him whenever he's supposed to be depicted.
>>
>>157280157
That's even worse. Have you read any of the edgy isekai shit. Those are your so called psychopaths. Rape and kill like no tomorrow.
>>
>>157280157
We already have serial killer Isekai, and I think the MC is only getting more unhinged last time I read it.
>>
>>157280197
No. Search for yourself.
>>
>>157280197
Rape no Maou
>>
>>157279483
>making the NEET self-insert the antagonist
That would work.
>>
>>157277148
not the same.
in isekai the MC is always an outsider fro the real world. deciding his/her background, knowledge, relation to other characters and worldview is much easier than trying to make a genuine fantasy that is consistent.
>>
>>157280165
>ywn be a lonely burned out salaryman with a loli STAND
>>
>>157280084
Full metal isn't Isekai, it has an Isekai moment.

That's like saying that a romcom series with one robot in one episode is a mecha series.
>>
>>157277703
Is GATE non-isekai tier o atypical?
>>
>>157279510
what the fuck is this, Shadowrun?
>>
>>157276846
>Main Character must be male
>Lol marketing wants a self insert so you best fuckin write one
Might as well just write Isekai
>>
>>157280594
>Is GATE non-isekai tier o atypical?
The main difference with GATE is that it isn't one person but entire groups of people that crossed over. And once you do that it becomes about cultural exchange.
>>
>>157279510
muh hero academia
>>
>>157276846
>Kadokawa contest bans isekai
LN contests banned Isekai ages ago.
>>
>>157279483
>big power vacuum
You got lots of great examples thanks to all them desert wars we pulled. It might work pretty well, but I hope you have a degree in Economics or something.
>>
>>157276846
Crime thriller following a detective as he tracks down a twisted serial killer who has been stealing unattended trucks and running over teenagers with them.like seven but instead of biblican connotations, the perp is a massivr otaku who thinks hes sending his victims to better lives in alternate worlds
>>
>>157276846
>continues publishing thousands of school setting shit
>>
Five college students gather at in their dorm room and create character sheets in order to play DnD 5e where they play as fictional characters and one guy DMs.

You have stats and a long list of powers and read about a bunch of idiots doing idiot things like mugging and inspecting a corpse for 10 minutes instead of going down the fucking hallway to make progress.

Or somebody rolls a 1 when trying to break down a door that has a DC of 10 with their str mod and dislocates it.
>>
>>157280544
The entire Shamballa movie is isekai, anon.
>>
>>157276846
adult men

fuck yes no more high school kids
>>
>>157277253
What about Log Horizon?
>>
>>157277601
Based Kadokawa restoring dignity of anime
>>
>>157280840
>what if we made an MMO isekai except the MMO parts are boring shit and the politics are more interesting
>>
>>157277604

The problem is that its overly saturating the market. People can read "I Got Hit by Truck San and now I'm a LvL 99 God" and then go on to read "I got Stabbed by a Stranger and now I own a Hundred Love Slaves" not realizing they read two identical stories with different names.
>>
>>157280833
They know that their audience is ageing, so prepare to see middle age NEET losers who still have the mindset of teenagers.
>>
In my opinion Isekai is a great premise for storytelling since it allows the reader to experience the world at the same pace as the main character. When the main character is already rooted within the fictional world, has family and friends, a personal history, views that were shaped by the world he lives in, opinions on various matters, etc. then all that need exposition in order to familiarise the viewer.

The real problem is not Isekai as a setting but that it's usually done in a too formulaic manner. e.g. using RPG/MMO mechanics that make little sense, not bothering to create interesting races/factions and political constellations that emerge from them, and so on.

The idea that just banning Isekai would result in better writing is ridiculous.
>>
>>157280833
You can still have poorly written stories with adult men
>>
>>157276846
they're already publishing a lot of them, you cant keep shitting them out without causing useseless competition within your own published series.
it's better to focus on another side of the market by changing genre
>>
>>157280672
But my story have a reason for people gaining their powers. Don't want to spoil you but it had something to do with the MC.
>>
>>157277535
It's okay, she got a canon eroge instead
>>
>>157281158
>The idea that just banning Isekai would result in better writing is ridiculous.
It's a cost benefit balance. Not all isekai are bad, but by banning isekai you have the benefit of getting rid of the vast majority of crap low effort unoriginal writers who only know how to parrot bad isekai because it's the biggest thing out there, at the cost of maybe kicking preventing one or two decent writers from writing the good isekai they wanted to write but if they are so good at writing they can just write something else that isn't an isekai anyway.
>>
>>157277535
>>157281344
That's not Rayearth, is it?
>>
File: 1486638408125.png (1MB, 1024x5192px) Image search: [Google]
1486638408125.png
1MB, 1024x5192px
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/05/13-1/rezero-publisher-seeks-editors

MF Bunko J is looking for editors.

Perhaps you too can fulfill your dream of rewriting someone else's crap web fiction into something anime-worthy.
>>
>>157281158
>The idea that just banning Isekai would result in better writing is ridiculous.
It's not just about stopping bad writing. The industry is saturated with Isekai, so it is entirely justified if a publisher is asking for submissions of other kinds of tales. The submission process is basically a job interview, and the publisher, as an employer, is 100% in their rights to specify what kind of story they want.

If anything, putting in restrictions is eactly what it takes to separate the good creators from the bad. Any writer worth his or her salt would be able to create a story around a few specific restrictions, let alone just a single restriction.
>>
>>157277159
>>157277159
Yeah, hobbits in fact were a deliberate modern self-insert. It's just that even Tolkien's days seem so far back to us (and the characters types and story have become so familiar) that it's hard to tell.

"... Tolkien presents the hobbits as essentially “modern” characters who then go out and have adventures in the old heroic culture of myth and legend. As Tolkien says, “[The Shire] is in fact more or less a Warwickshire village of about the period of the Diamond Jubilee…” (Letters, 230, #178). It’s very deliberately a part of the language. Think of all the modern, non-medieval things the hobbits have. It’s always a contrast between Modern English (Shire) and Old English (rest of Middle Earth)...

... It was a deliberate choice that gave readers us a group of characters who can serve as tour guides to a mythical medieval adventure."
>>
>>157281441
I kind of liked the Web Novel more.
>>
>>157277413
>MC of Scrapped Princess are Koreans

What are you talking about? I'm seriously confused by this statement.
>>
>>157277159
>>157277243
>>157281496

"…There is one very evident obstacle to recreating the ancient world of heroic legend for modern readers, and that lies in the nature of heroes. These are not acceptable any more, and tend very strongly to be treated with irony: the modern view of Beowulf is John Gardner’s novel Grendel (1971). Tolkien did not want to be ironic about heroes, and yet he could not eliminate modern reactions. His response to the difficulty is Bilbo Baggins, the hobbit, the anachronism, a character whose initial role at least is very strongly that of mediator. He represents and often voices modern opinions, modern incapacities... Yet he has a place in the ancient world too, and there is a hint that (just like us) all his efforts cannot keep him entirely separate from the past....

...Bilbo’s behaviour is solidly anachronistic, for he is wearing a jacket, relying on a written contract, drawing a careful distinction between gain and profit, and proposing a compromise which would see Bard’s claim as running expenses (almost tax deductible). Where Bard and Thorin used archaic words (‘Hail!’, ‘foes’, ‘hoard’, ‘kindred’, ‘slain’), he uses modern ones: ‘profit’, ‘deduct’, ‘total’, ‘claim’, ‘interest’, ‘affair’, ‘matter’, all French or Latin imports not adopted fully into English till well after the Norman Conquest. It is fair to say that no character from epic or saga could even begin to think or talk like Bilbo."
>>
>>157281567
How can you enjoy amateurish shit writings over professionally edited shit writings?
>>
File: 1394065380827.png (52KB, 315x311px) Image search: [Google]
1394065380827.png
52KB, 315x311px
>>157281441
>get a literature degree so you can spend your life deciphering other peoples shitty web novels for 2 fucking grand a month
>>
>>157281567
But the MC in the web novel was basically a cardboard cutout hooked up to a tape recorder that plays Machiavelli quotes and random historical trivia every now and again. At least the light novel version gave him (as well as his haremettes) a somewhat less one-dimensional personality, made it so that things don't always go exactly as keikaku forcing him to improvise and get input from others, and changed some dumb ploys like publicly broadcasting high level negotiations.
>>
>>157276846

And a JC heroine
>>
File: PON.jpg (111KB, 563x752px) Image search: [Google]
PON.jpg
111KB, 563x752px
Another overlooked factor in this discussion is "Fish out of water" tales which people enjoy, although in most of this trash that's not really a problem.

Konosuba is the only honest, and therefore good, Isekei.

Gate has to be one of the worst things I've ever read. I honestly had to check it was made by someone in their 30s+ because it was fucking fanfiction level garbage.
>>
File: confused anime girl.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
confused anime girl.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>157277413
>And in Scapped Princess the main cast are Koreans who then slowly travelled to Japan.
What in the actual fuck
>>
>>157281588
>What are you talking about? I'm seriously confused by this statement.
In the anime at least, you see the world map. And you can tell that it is actually Asia, except the map is upside-down. The protagonists were born and raised in what would have been considered Korea, and after their journey as well as crossing a body of water, they ended their adventure in Japan.

I think the very start of the episode shows you Korea as the world zooms in. And then at the end of the TV series it zooms out to show Japan. In both cases, upside-down to what we are familiar with.
>>
>>157281441
It's not an editors job to rewrite things.
He's supposed to tell the author what to rewrite.
>>
>>157279234
which time period of iraq? by the time i got there there wasn't much "fighting" going on
>>
>>157277426
>excuse to lore dump due to the unknowing MC
Memory loss. It's, like, a lazy video game writing 101.
>>
>>157281385
Is Rayearth a 1980's OVA? There's your answer.
>>
>>157279234
Iraq was Babylonia, where Marduk slew Tiamat. He was probably the very first dragonslayer in history.
>>
>>157281866
During the wars between the Roman Empire and the Persians, when it was part of the province of Mesopotamia.
>>
>>157281812
But the one kingdom had people with blonde hair and European names and another kingdom had brown people. Seems more like the aliums just took a diverse sample of humans and stuck them on a chunk of floating land.
>>
>>157278195
I thought this was shit? or was that something else? Police detective from future cyber earth comes back to modern day earth and solves crime becomes a vigilante/police detective while hiding his cyborg implants from his partner?
>>
>>157278383
>When Yue Qiang dropped all 8 free distribution stat points into his Charm stat, his entire life changed.

Is this any good or is it just as garbage as the summery.
>>
>>157281913
oh, good answer
>>
>>157281904
Sorry, the only 80s stuff I know are Bubblegum Crisis and Gunbuster. What is it supposed to be?
>>
>>157281929
>But the one kingdom had people with blonde hair and European names and another kingdom had brown people. Seems more like the aliums just took a diverse sample of humans and stuck them on a chunk of floating land.
What the hell are you talking about? Hair colours have nothing to do with the fact that the protagonists were born in Korea. The human genome in the enclosed area are basically a mix of everyone that once existed, the human race is in a prison that doesn't allow them to escape and yet refuse to wipe them out. That's the whole point of Scrapped Princess. Do you think you need to have black hair to be a Korean?
>>
>>157281913
Wasn't Mesopotamia abandoned by Hadrian only a year after it was established?
>>
>>157281385
>rayearth
wow dude, look at the design
if you at least said "dragon half" or something it'd be slightly more forgiveable of a mistake
>>
>>157281976
IIRC it was later reconquered during the reign of Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>157281970
If the setting is a piece of Asia and the humans are a mix of everyone why are you so sure they're Korean? Why Korean specifically? Seems like a detail you're incredibly stubborn to hold on to.
>>
File: 1980s.png (651KB, 1255x1603px) Image search: [Google]
1980s.png
651KB, 1255x1603px
>>157281969
It's trash don't worry about it
>>
File: 1472737950615.jpg (6KB, 148x140px) Image search: [Google]
1472737950615.jpg
6KB, 148x140px
But it's kinda hard to write a story based on adult male MC without him being a police office or private detective.
>>
>>157281344
Are you mixing her up with Valis?
They have obvious parallels and even the names are similar but you should be able to tell that Yohko has red and Yuko has blue hair.
>>
>>157282159
A traveling merchant, a sheltered son of wealthy parents or a hobo.
Maybe all at once.
>>
>>157279176
>You could've literally write a story where some high school loser wakes up one morning and magically becomes super handsome, super smart, super fit and super cool, and every girl in the school wants to ride his one foot long cock, and it would be as subtle and creative as your average isekai story.

Not a bad idea actually. Maybe throw in a twist
>>
>>157282135
You are only making me more curious, anon.
>>
>>157282159
An American military officer is transported to Japan where he falls in love with a high school girl who is the daughter of a corporation and president of the student council who has an elf ear fetish so she wears fake ears.

Now to be with her, the military officer will have to question the nature of love and learn the culture of NIPPON and wank the JSDF that he is training for their skills is above the Americans.
>>
>>157282195
There is a Korean comic like this called Lookism.

Its pretty good. The twist however is that the MC falls asleep he switches body with his good looking self and his ugly self.
>>
>>157282135
Don't worry anon. It is trash.
>>
>>157282069
>If the setting is a piece of Asia and the humans are a mix of everyone why are you so sure they're Korean? Why Korean specifically?
Because you see the cast start from Korea. Because Korea and Japan were the only two pieces of land mass in the story. They were born and raised in Korea. I am not sure why you are so offended by that idea.
>>
Other than being a foreigner, I'd take it my idea wouldn't be accepted because my idea is a war story with the following:

1. Real Robot mecha story

2. Protagonist being thirty-five years old, but that's physically only. He's really sixteen years old, and his backstory was your teenage guy with a harem, but at the present of the story, he's married to a woman who's actually sixteen years old, but outside the harem.

3. The plot involves him being a member of a para-military organization created by most countries, including Japan, who had turned into a pro-monarchist dictatorship due to circumstances beyond its control, to combat a secret organization that is involved with numerous war from across the world from the shadows.
>>
>>157282342
>Protagonist being thirty-five years old, but that's physically only. He's really sixteen years old, and his backstory was your teenage guy with a harem, but at the present of the story, he's married to a woman who's actually sixteen years old, but outside the harem.
What.
>>
>>157282342
Muv-Luv Alternative 2?
>>

Dropped. Give me some FeMC protagonists.
>>
File: scrapped princess korea.png (835KB, 960x542px) Image search: [Google]
scrapped princess korea.png
835KB, 960x542px
>>157282069
>If the setting is a piece of Asia and the humans are a mix of everyone why are you so sure they're Korean? Why Korean specifically? Seems like a detail you're incredibly stubborn to hold on to.
>>157282327
Here, the ep 1 world map, and the lighted triangle where the protagonists started at. Note that I flipped the map 180 degrees to show that it is clearly Korea.
>>
>>157282400
>LNs
>female protagonists ever
>>
>>157279960
>adult male that goes to highschool for whatever dumb reason.

Anime adaption of Billy Madison when?
>>
>>157276846
If this happened centuries ago, we would never had the Divine Comedy
>>
here is my story

mc, called aegayamotokorosanmatakudasai briggs, is an adult teacher of a high school where all the girls look like they're 5 years old but are actually 999999 million years old, even though some of them still act like 4 year olds or less (just for moe factor)

even though he is a teacher he always sits at "the main character seat" and stares longingly out the window fantasizing about alternate worlds but gets snapped back to reality by the moe harem wanting him to teach, and he does, straight from his desk

how does he write on the chalkboard you ask? he throws a piece of chalk and it writes stuff automatically in an instant for him and then he accidentally gets into mischief with his students like falling into their boobs or crotches

other teachers pass by and are like "mataku" (japanese greeting) as he accidentally finds himself in compromising positions with his students who all want his D, but he realizes he can't for it is "wrong"

but he finds out the principal is an alien and he wants to steal all the homeworks of people to make them fail school???? what are this principal's true intentions??? will mr briggs find true love??? will the students graduate in time for the summer fun and have a beach going time and umi da???
>>
>>157282400
>Female protagonist
Name 25 good female manga/anime protagonist
>>
>>157282342
Change the "real" age to 18 and it'd work.
Assuming you can write Moonspeak, that is.
>>
>>157282440
There's a good amount of otome game reincarnation stories with female protagonists.
>>
>>157282482
I don't think the Divine Comedy was written for a Japanese light novel contest.
>>
>>157282440
Kumo
>>
>>157282423
So the robots moved all the survivors from humanity into north east Asia? I'm not offended by the idea it just seems to hold an article of faith that people with black hair are Koreans. Reminds me of SnW discussions where people were arguing if the people were Spanish or Japanese.
>>
Quick /a/ lets write an isekai
>NEET anon buying groceries late at night to minimize exposure to normalfags
>>
>>157279562
>>salaryman battle harem where salarymen and OLs have to fight other companies

You are onto something
>>
File: stupid sexy kamille.jpg (97KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
stupid sexy kamille.jpg
97KB, 500x351px
>>157282490
Kamille, 25 times.
>>
>>157282611
>I'm not offended by the idea it just seems to hold an article of faith that people with black hair are Koreans
I have no idea what you are talking about, you are the one claiming that hair colour is relevent. I am saying the protagonists were born and raised in Korea, and then they travelled to Japan even though no one knows what Korea or Japan was. If you want to argue about hair colours you can do it with someone else.
>>
>>157282619
>NEET anon buying groceries late at night to minimize exposure to normalfags

>going outside and potentially interacting with multiple people
>when you can just order delivery and only have to interact with one person
You fucked up from the beginning, anon. Just have them go and pick up a package from the post office because the postman thought that nobody was home and didn't want to leave the package outside. It'll also be a way for the protag to take something they wouldn't normally have with them to the other world (seeing as most isekai stories tend to have the heroes only go with what they had on them at the time).
>>
>MC is last surviving kkk member and his only goal is to lynch as many niggers as possible without getting caught by the government
>>
>>157277253

Overlord is trash that makes Mahouka look good in comparison. And Youjo Senki is reincarnation story not salaryman isekai.
>>
>>157277333
>Why would Isekai be any worse than regular fantasy

Because 99% of the time it has video game mechanics and some shit MC who becomes a god because of his ebin vidya skillz and 200 girls want his cock.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY STAR TREK OF ANIME!!!!
>>
>>157282996
>WHERE THE FUCK IS MY STAR TREK OF ANIME!!!!
That's Spaceship Yamato. That's as close as you are going to get.
>>
>>157282367

To elaborate, there was a terrorist attack, and he was the target by the organization being fought in the story. He was assumed dead after the attack, but to patch him up, he ended up in an experiment. Here are the pros and cons of the experiment:

1. Pros

a. Advanced physical strength

b. Advanced mental prowess

c. A nasty slice from anything sharp can recover within half a minute, whereas a fracture can recover within an hour depending on the protagonist. Also, he's immune to the dangers of too much drinking, smoking, and drugs, as well as STDs.

d. Three cybernetic implants that allow him to read someone's mind and feel how a machine works.

2. Cons

a. The aforementioned bit about the protagonist physically looking thirty-five.

b. The protagonist's life span was reduced.

c. The protagonist will not sexual problems. He cannot feel pleasure out of it to the point he's stuck in erectile dysfunction, and in addition to his semen won't even come out even if he has sex.

>>157282509

And I'd take even the idea of Japan currently run by a pro-monarchist dictatorship wouldn't help with that?
>>
>>157282440
What is Humanity Has Declined. What is Kara no Kyoukai.
>>
File: no! baka!.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
no! baka!.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>157277777
>77777
>>
>>157277703
>Release that Witch
>Not at least Archetype tier
What's wrong? Couldn't stand to read someone irrelevant to you getting screentime for days?
>>
>>157282440

There are tons of them.

Hell, the best selling LN of all time with literally 3x more sales than #2 has a female lead.
>>
someone needs to write a regular fantasy where the main character is a wizard, we need more wizards dammit or fucking an evil warlock main charcter
>>
File: 0a590f24652013fbe12c59a92aa87134.jpg (105KB, 1514x960px) Image search: [Google]
0a590f24652013fbe12c59a92aa87134.jpg
105KB, 1514x960px
>>157282490
Mai Tokiha
>>
File: steins-gate-027.jpg (300KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steins-gate-027.jpg
300KB, 1280x720px
>>157282159
A mad scientist?
>>
>>157283175

Oh wait, both top selling LN's of all time have female leads.

This is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>157276846
Isekai not allowed? Time for more magic schools
>>
>>157282490

Most top selling anime in the last 10 years had female leads.

The rest were fujoshit.
>>
File: 1481502302574.jpg (23KB, 223x280px) Image search: [Google]
1481502302574.jpg
23KB, 223x280px
>>157283247
Yet this never took off, despite being so profitable. I wonder why...
>>
>>157283280
Attack on Titan has a female lead?
>>
>>157276846
Why so late for this then?

Pretty sure they could have done this ruling a long time ago.

Pretty sure the reason why Isekai is banned now is because of how the MC is always OP ever since the beginning.
>>
>>157283295
1. 2,323,668 moshi koukou yakyuu no joshi manager ga drucker no "management" wo yondara
2. 1,309,763 biblia koshodou no jiken techou 1
3. 1,160,334 toshokan sensou 1
4. 914,898 biblia koshodou no jiken techou 2
5. 792,816 biblia koshodou no jiken techou 3
6. 784,423 toshokan sensou 2
7. 682,895 toshokan sensou 3
8. 656,487 toshokan sensou 4
9. 654,786 kagerou daze 1
10. 633,832 biblia koshodou no jiken techou 4
11. 631,455 sword art online 1
12. 625,983 toshokan sensou 5
13. 569,888 toshokan sensou 6
14. 564,875 kagerou daze 2
15. 552,099 Kimi no Na wa
16. 546,627 biblia koshodou no jiken techou 5
17. 531,409 biblia koshodou no jiken techou 6
18. 529,000 summer wars
19. 512,539 sword art online 5
20. 504,954 sword art online 2

Those are top selling light novels of all time.

Moshidora, Biblia and Toshokan all have female leads.

Your harem LN's with male leads are niche trash for fat otaku.
>>
>>157283247
Guin is not a female lead
>>
>>157283346

SnK was super popular among fujos. And it's not even close to top sellers like Madoka, Osomatsu or LL.
>>
>>157283368
Wait, what? Where's Guin Saga? Where's Slayers?
>>
>>157283400

Not even close to 500k per volume. They managed around 300-250k at the very peak.
>>
>>157283368
>tfw people don't remember Moshidora
>>
>>157283354
>Pretty sure they could have done this ruling a long time ago.
Because Isekai was still making money. But now even the editors think it is going too far and that they need a change.
>>
>>157283374

Guin sells less than 10k per volume for years.
>>
>>157282788
>12 days now
>3 since the last food ran out, all that is left are unthinkable things lurking beyond the desk that have somehow over the years found their way in there
>"damn it"
>said the figure of an unshaven man with an unhealthy complexion in his early 20's
>"why isn't he coming back?
>he slammed his fist next to the keyboard. He has learned to aim his anger the hard way, damaging peripherals meant they had to be replaced.
>"Did he decide to finally get rid of me?"
>"I'm hungry."
>the figure was Anon, highschool dropout shutin that has been living with his single father for years now, spending all his time locked inside the dark room doing all kinds of unhealthy things.
>"I-i guess I have no choice. If dad doesn't return until tomorrow night, I'll have to figure out a way to get food somehow..."
>anon felt dizzy. In all his life "starving" meant the time between waking up and eating his first meal, whatever it was. This time it was different though. The nauseous feeling in his stomach was a new, dreadful, and horrifying experience.
>"w-what?"
>the eerie light from the monitor felt different somehow, he couldn't focus on the image it was meant to show, as if his eyes weren't working right
>"whats going on?"
>anon rubbed them but things weren't improving, he felt sick
>for a moment his mind registered that whatever was going on wasn't normal, was he dying?
>the spinning light stretched before his eyes forming a chaotic tunnel with a single bright point far beyond
>...
>And thus, what he thought of as the end, was actually the beginning.
>"Re;eeemergence - I'm Trying To Be A Hikikomori In A Medieval Fantasy World But The Demon King Wont Let Me!?!?!?!"
>>
>>157283446
So it's still making money but they are thinking enough is enough.

Well I can get behind that.
>>
>>157276846
Novel 0 imprint is marketed as a light novel label for more mature readers, so adult male protagonists are to be expected.
>>
File: 1472911302304.jpg (69KB, 864x662px) Image search: [Google]
1472911302304.jpg
69KB, 864x662px
>tfw battle school harems will be relevant again
>>
>>157283572
>battle school harems
>with vidya mechanics
>and OP MC
Worst of both worlds.
>>
>>157282159
ex-convict, teacher, janitor, lawyer,single dad, ex-special corps.

Which of these have not been done yet?
>>
>>157283572

They won't. Shit is dead and buried.
>>
>>157278779
Your prize is a trip to Gensokyo, congratulations
>>
>>157283646
Battle school harem will never die as long it is good until the end.

MC is a teacher who was once ex-convict and former assassin.
>>
>>157283572
>School battle harems with adult protagonists either a teacher or in a student's body teaching his harems how to fight.

This pleases me.
>>
>>157278276
Isn't 18 enough to be adult already?
>>
>>157279058
Yeah, you're right. It improved WORSE.
>>
Shit eating, bottom feeding, underage ESLfags who shit up the board BTFO now and forever. Now just kill battle haremshit and LNs will be great.
>>
>>157283247
Which are?
>>
>>157283572
>>157283572
The commandant of the military academy is colonel and aged man. His harem is the officer staff.

The battles are live military skirmishes against other states.
>>
>>157283832
>>157283368
>>
>>157276846
>adult male
He gets the loli pill in the first chapter.

I mean, it worked for Conan.
>>
>>157283832

It's actually top3. Really makes you think.
>>
Hopefully this will stop the slew of shitty adaptions.
>>
>>157283939
That was a shota pill, newfriend.
>>
>>157282159
>I have never read a single book: the post
Even the Nips can do it if they try.
>>
>>157283368
Where are the monogataris?
>>
File: 1429526865773.jpg (65KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1429526865773.jpg
65KB, 600x900px
should've banned virtual reality while at it
>>
>>157284138

I think the top Monogatari novel got to around 400k.
>>
>>157282935
>Overlord is trash that makes Mahouka look good in comparison
I can't agree more, anon.
The next volume would be released in august. This wait is killing me.
>>
>>157281441
Is one of these supposed to be good?
>>
Apparently Isekai are also banned by WSJ.
>>
Good to see even the japs are starting to get sick of Isekaishit
>>
File: consider the following.png (316KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
316KB, 1000x720px
>>157278276
18 and is in his last year of magic school or a military academy.
>>
>>157284548
It's less japs and more publishers sick of naroutards thinking they can write.
>>
>>157283738
>>157284561
Not in Japan retards
>>
>>157277675
So punisher not Batman
>>
I'm prepared for All you need is kill ripoffs
>>
>>157282440
>SnS
>ZnT
>HnA
>>
Are people here still pretending LNs are supposed to be high literature
>>
File: 1494139203147.jpg (194KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494139203147.jpg
194KB, 720x540px
>>157276846
>大人が読みたいエンタメ小説
It's called 異世界転生 and 高校ラブコメ.
>>
>>157279534
>>157279560
Insane IRL protagonist thinks that he was isekaied into our world.
>>
File: KING_SOLOMONS_MINES-2.jpg (88KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
KING_SOLOMONS_MINES-2.jpg
88KB, 328x500px
>>157279473
>European explorer entering darkest Africa and fascinating the savages with his boomsticks and firewater.
Hmmm.
>>
>>157282034
Not the full Mesopotamia though, just the upper part (centered on Nisibis and later Amida)
>>
File: 1494190297538.png (37KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
1494190297538.png
37KB, 310x233px
>>
>>157283469
>"Re;eeemergence - I'm Trying To Be A Hikikomori In A Medieval Fantasy World But The Demon King Wont Let Me!?!?!?!"
hikki demon king would be better. his ability to avoid and repel people and hide away from everyone, now supplemented with reality-warping powers, will be his greatest asset while the heroes go after him. His main task is basically to distract everyone while the demon army does the invading.
>>
>>157284821
Now that I think about it, it's basically the plot of Don Quixote
>>
>>157285199
Nah, he just believed our world had magical stuff.
At least he got better.
>>
>>157284822

Imagine a high budget anime about cute girls in XIX century with Spencer or Snyder rifles exploring untamed Africa.
>>
>>157285246
Well, yes. He is delusional about being a classic fantasy-like knight. He had read too much fantasy stuff.
Our hero is also delusional about his supernatural status. Probably due to reading a bit too much isekai light novels.
>>
>>157284822
That's from the same guy who wrote the books about the Brit marrying an Aztec princess right?
At least those had a somewhat tragic ending.
>>
>>157285462
You just know japanese Sancho Panza would be the most annoying cunt ever.
>>
ITT : No one read the article.

The contest is litterally for "entertainment novels that adults want to read".
>>
>>157277703
>- Re:Zero
>- Konosuba
>atypical
They're both isekai paint by numbers. Only Konosuba is set aside by going for mostly a comedy angle rather than a serious story.
>>
>>157280157
I agree. I really liked death note and youjo senki because of how the MCs acted different from the stereotypical "protag is boyscout hero"
>>
>>157285687
Re Zero would be paint by numbers if it wasn't for all the even more paint by number trash that makes it look unique by comparison.
>>
What light novel is worth following these days?
>>
>>157285861
Write your own.
>>
Your favorite isekai MCs fight, how well do they fare? Or would they rather bro it up and fuck shit?
>>
>>157285884
Fuck off Muramasa.
>>
>>157276920
You ban them, you got like a hundred competitors, you leave them you got 35,000
>>
We look to the future.

MC is a NEET and is cryogenically frozen against his will as an experiment and thawed out 500 years into the future, through the power of augmentation modern society is now game-ified into an RPG. Now, with the help of neural and physical augrntations, the MC tries to take revenge against the big bad corporation that experimented on him against his will.
>>
>>157276846
Fuck that. Down with patriarchy.
>>
File: 1481820179706.jpg (147KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481820179706.jpg
147KB, 800x900px
>>157276846
>novel for adults
>absolutely must feature male protag

That's not what being an adult means. Self insertfags are still kids, this is a fact.
>>
>>157276920
>It's because they always win.
They COULD deliberately ignore submissions they don't like, but as >>157286009 said, they rather not have to wade through a few thousand submissions to find non-Isekai works. Getting the submission criteria out of the way is better for everybody.
>>
>>157286025
Ghost in the Shell: Blade Neuromancer
>>
>>157276846
There is a workaround.
>write a novel that passes the criteria
>reveal it the 5th volume that it's an isekai and that the protagonist was a little girl in previous life
>>
>>157279483
Kamachi is writing a series where the MCs are residents of the fantasy world and the antagonists are the Isekai self-inserts.
>>
>>157276846
>Make a adult MC
>Infest the story with waifus
>???
>Profit!
>>
>>157286150
..I don't see it. Are you talking about Boo Boo?
>>
File: Geist.gif (1MB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Geist.gif
1MB, 500x330px
>>157276846
>Adult male MC
I will be ready for GEIST
>>
>>157286150
>Kamachi is writing
interest lost
>>
>>157286338
You're strongly mistaken if you think all his work are as bad as Index.
>>
In a world where all Isekai protagonists have been summoned together. Only one man that isn't a Japanese highschool student can save us all. Wielding only a single sword and lacking the special skill to copy abilities he must kill all of the legendary chosen ones before the world is destroyed.

Nicholas Cage and his horse voiced by Eddie Murphy must Isekill. Coming this summer
>>
>>157286398
Zashiki and Heavy Object are both really bad too
>>
>>157286449
I thought you had some level of intellect, my bad.
>>
>>157286478
I'm glad I have enough standards to realize everything Kamachi wrote is shit
>>
>>157286478
If you had some level of intellect you'd recognise both of those as generic anime schlock
>>
>>157276846
>Implying they wouldn't just write about something along the lines of ReLife or Mujaki no Rakuen.

On another note comfy loli WN in comfy
>>
>>157276846
They are the ones responsible for all those shitty Isekai publishes. And now they are banning it?
>>
>>157286440
I'd watch that. Especially if the horse is completely normal except that all of its noises are badly dubbed over by Eddie Murphy. Other characters point this out but Nick Cage interrupts them by saying that it's a perfectly normal horse.
>>
>>157286478
Just because author throws pretentious jargons and shit doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>157286639
They realized the shithole they dug themselves into and now trying to correct it.
>>
>>157277389
Yeah. It's difficult to find any fantasy story where there aren't heroes or demon lords
>>
>>157277389
Same way as every western fantasy is a LotR ripoff
Exceptions exist but they are rare
>>
>>157276846
Well they're already publishing a lot of them. Besides they'd just get flooded with tons of salaryman reincarnation/transportation types and on top of that one of them would easily win.
>>
>>157286749
>It's difficult
Rave Master
Nanatsu no Taizai
Spice and Wolf
Record of Lodoss War
Magi
Slayers

wow that was hard
>>
>>157286864
Believe it or not, both NnT and Slayers have stuff incredibly similar to demon lords.
>>
>>157286864
Except for Spice and Wolf and Magi all of them are the traditional hero journey
>>
>>157286899
There is nothing wrong with there being a super powerful bad guy as a legitimate threat. What becomes a problem is when you just go "I've been summoned as a hero, so am I correct in saying that there is a Demon Lord out there? wow neet-kun you sure catch on quick"
>>
>>157286692
>trying to correct it
Ahahaha nobody is stupid enough to let go of the golden egg which is what isekai is right now with all of those harvesting machines(labels) endlessly procuring them from syosetsuka ni narou.
Though what baffles me is how kenkyo still hasn't been adapted into an LN. The author must be rejecting a dozen of deals for some reason.
>>
>>157286440
In order to gather strength to kill the legendary chosen ones, he must first defeat the guardians of power and absorb their energies.
>a man with his head on fire, riding an iron horse
>an arms dealer with limitless access to weapons of all kinds
>a prisoner, former soldier, jailed for killing a man in defense of his wife
>>
>>157286245
Supposed to be an upcoming series.
>>
>>157287123
It would be true until the isekai bubble bursts.
Good lord, it's getting really stale and samey.
>>
>>157287380
As long as isekai shows continue to top the charts each season they are present, the bubble will continue to expand.
>>
>>157276846

Automatically become shit
>>
How about an isekai where shitposters from a certain website will be transported to the fantasy land
>>
>>157287471
It's there to ward off high school self-inserts.
>>
>>157285861
Rokka no Yuusha.
>>
How about this one. The MC's sister is summoned to another world. However, she and the MC can still communicate with each other via their smartphones. The MC must help her become the hero, reform the kingdom, and defeat the demon lord by giving her advice over LINE.
>>
>>157287452
And eventually burst give it 2-3 years and it'll be sci-fi shit.

>>157287476
Isn't there already one or two?
One with the memedogge and the other was something about auctions.
And there's also a manga about a imageboard shitposting with different world heroes that got axed
>>
>>157276846
Fuck off, I want my cute girls doing cute mechanical things or something
>>
>>157278903
Mondaijitachi, at least in the anime incarnation, is definitely not classical isekai at least, in that the characters come from worlds which are already pretty fucking weird, to an even weirder one. It's less "haha I know about cell phones and paperwork" and more "haha I know that you become a god if you are skilled enough at wood carving"
>>
>>157287582
>manga about a imageboard shitposting with different world heroes that got axed
I can't believe such a brilliant idea would get axed! For what purpose?
>>
>>157276846
The problem isn't in isekai genre, it's the incredible uncreativeness of nips. Even if you decide to take a completely different genre or a story, japanese would try to reimitate the shit out of it.
>>
>>157277703
At least put Dungeon Seeker in fun garbage.
>>
>>157285861
Mostly novels with feMCs.
Male MCs are a combination of the following
>Denser than a blackhole
>Too pussy to get pussy
>Muh cockhungry harem
>I am best with cheats
>muh superior nipponese food forded a mirrion times.
>>
>>157286864
Alderamin too
>>
>>157287623
Not enough lewd to get sales.
It's a fun read though.

>Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban
>>
>>157285861
The Faraway Paladin is a heartwarming story about a guy with vague memories of a past life being raised by a family of undead and becoming a holy knight of the goddess of reincarnation who patrols the frontiers of the empire.

A Realist Hero Kingdom Reform Chronicles and Release that Witch are both fairly decent stories about trying to manage a kingdom in decline and turn its fortunes around. The former with historical knowledge and studies in economics with intent to enter the civil service, the latter with Chinese Communist engineering superpowers.

Paying to Win in a VRMMO is a fairly entertaining story about a guy who's richer than God who aims to defeat Kirito by buying so many potion packs it lags the server and slows Kirito's reaction times.

Grimgar is Grimgar. you love it or hate it.
>>
>>157287730
Thanks!
>>
File: soundslikeashitposting.png (234KB, 665x285px) Image search: [Google]
soundslikeashitposting.png
234KB, 665x285px
>>157287730
Definitely sounds like /a/ and/or /tg/ shitposting
>>
>>157287769
Oh, and Infinite Dendrogram looks like it might be good.
>>
File: Asekai.jpg (798KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Asekai.jpg
798KB, 1600x1024px
>>157287476
I 'member this
>>
>>157287769
>the latter with Chinese Communist engineering superpowers.
>Communist
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>157277703
>Smartphone
>garbage
Where's Steiner? Are you here Steiner?
>>
Why no one wants to face the fact that your average nippon writer has the same creativity that your random /a/non?

The only difference is they have discipline to finish their shit. They accomplish it, but it's still shit. It has nothing to do with the genre, is an overall flawed education
>>
Can I send a google translated story or is this for japs only?
>>
>>157277703
Where the fuck is
>Evil God Average
>NEET
>(taxi) Skeleton knight in another world
>Weakest skeleton
>JoshiYuusha
>>
>>157288016
>Evil God Average
are you blind anon
>>
>>157288122
No, just fucking sleepy
>>
>>157277148
>The same applies to any fictional world.
Not particularly. Isekai is piss easy top write because you can make up as you go along, you don't have to develop your protagonist, and if you're really lazy you don't even have to make things make sense. That's why Isekai has become so common lately. Someone found out an even lazier format than battle harem and they all just went with it.
>>
>>157276927
The word "Isekai " exist before of animes and mangas.

Japanese literature always was isekai, the most important japanese writers: Murakami, Natsume Soseki, Yasunari Kawabata, Yukio Mishima and Kobo Abe have a lot of Isekai stories if your apply the definition of this word.
Modern LN just follow the same trends of his ancestors.
>>
>>157287623
It was too self aware and hit on too many sore spots. Basically there is an interdimensional organization that monitors heroes of all kinds and acts as a union. The series is about the groups message board which is split between active and retired heroes. Each chapter usually consists of retired heroes giving advice to newbies.

There are numerous characters, including:
An immortal sage so old people don't even remember he was the previous hero and is now playing both sides of the current demon lord vs hero conflict.

A demon lord accidently Isekai'd and made a hero.

A super robot combiner mecha who's individual parts are sapient robot animals.

A reluctant vegetable man masked hero.

And a guy whos been isekai'd dozens of times to the point where it's destroyed his normal life and now he just hops around waiting for an end to an isekai world quest that he can live with permanently (In his previous one he fucked up and the friend ended with the harem instead of him so he's trying again).
>>
>>157277159
>JUST LIKE YOU FUCKING DREAM YOU WERE RATHER THEN THE LOSER YOU ARE NOW !!
This is one of my biggest gripes with Isekai. You don't become a badass upon entering another world. You're still just as much of a fucking loser. What is it that makes Weebs and Neets think that even though they can't even defend themselves against Chad thundercock or attract a 6/10 that the moment they enter another world they'd be able to slay legitimate super beings and attract 20/10 puss who could have any man they want? nonsensical.
>>
>>157288357
>hit too many sore spots
How could anybody possibly get sore over genre self awareness?
>>
>>157277253
>Overlord and Youjo Senki is better than
Shit taste detected. Konosuba is the best Isekai solely by virtue of it taking the piss. Any Isekai that takes itself seriously is shit by default. Re:Zero is also shit but at least they try to explain why the world is bending around the main character as opposed to YS and overlord where it's just through sheer mary sue power. Hell YS doesn't make a lick of sense and Overlord is completely uninteresting because there is literally nothing at stake. skeleton will never lose, nothing is actually alive as we know before hand it's literally a video game,, and there's nothing to suggest he isn't just in a comatose state. There's no reason to care.
>>
>>157288579
I disagree with most of what you said but i would concur that overlord is shit.
>>
>>157288579
>Mushoku Tensei is the best Isekai
FTFY
>>
>>157287557
It's shit because it's not adult female
>>
>>157287557
And what makes you think NEETs and highschoolers can write a responsible adult male?
>>
Literally the only good one's tier
KonoSuba
Drifters
Gwenpool

Irredeemable lazy shit, please ban from my contests tier:
Everything else.
>>
>>157288811
Shit taste. Another case of Isekai that didn't even need to be Isekai. When your Isekai writing is so generic and lazy that even the parts rigged to make Isekais appealing are still generic and lazy your isekai is shit.
>>
>>157276922
One can create thd Isekai effect without having a character being reborn in a new setting: just look at History. Plenty of undeveloped civilizations go into conflict with civilized ones. Just look at Africa, South America and Japan itself.

... Commodore Perry manga when?
>>
>>157289002
Uh yeah, in case you haven't read. If fatRudy didn't get trucked and resided in a stillborn then hitogami's plans would have went just as keikakku.
>>
>>157288957
What about Youjo Senki?
>>
>>157288579
>Overlord is completely uninteresting because there is literally nothing at stake

The shounen threads are over that way >
>>
>>157289041
Anon, you wouldn't want to read white men oppressing indigenous people now wouldn't you?
>>
>>157289087
Irredeemable lazy shit. Sorry loli's can't save what's irredeemable

>>157289103
>There shouldn't be basic narrative structure, stories are only good when I can live my self insert power fantasies on them.
Fanfic.net is that way. >
>>
>>157289081
If he were just born as that stillborn in the first place the plot wouldn't change in the slightest because it's THAT generic. Tacked on Isekai is even lazier than normal Isekai because the writer isn't even trying to pretend it's not self insert garbage
>>
>>157289111
Replace white man with Chinese and set it to Africa and we have a winner. And if you don't want blood, just have the locals work at a Chinese owned Gravel plant.
>>
>>157289193
>Garbage
Then will the gentleman provide a masterpiece of an isekai WN/LN that everyone would agree on?
You can't use this list>>157277703
by the way.
>>
>>157289297
Any Isekai that doesn't take itself seriously or where the other world is genuinely a nightmare is the only good kind of isekai. That list is absolute garbage. Muv-Luv and Konosuba are the only good things on the list.
>>
>>157289041
>... Commodore Perry manga when?
That is LITERALLY Gate.
>>
Can the genre even be saved at this point? Don't you think it's years too late for that already?
>>
>>157289421
I am asking you to provide a name for one without using the list but insofar you didn't.
>>
File: justice for the strong.jpg (47KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
justice for the strong.jpg
47KB, 630x354px
>>157287476
Do we all get transported together to the same room? cause I'll instantly put all my cheat stats into poison and kill all of you to powerup, nothin personnel.
>>
>>157289550
The list has pretty much every isekai on it you retard. but Drifters. It's a good Isekai that's too over the top to be taken serious, thus isn't shit like the rest and isn't on your faggot list. better, tard boy?
>>
>>157289525
>Can the genre even be saved at this point? Don't you think it's years too late for that already?
Why does it need saving? There are as many good Isekai stories being made this year as it had been every other year. It's just that there are more shit copycats than usual.

We have this every decade. We have had Love Hina clones, Catgirl clones, Genderbent Chinese/Japanese Warlord clones, Robot Girl clones, even Evangelion clones. It'sw just how the industry works. Cloned shit show up, then they die down. Same as always.
>>
>>157289658
Dritfers is a manga.
>>
>>157289767
Oh, then you helped me out tremendously. All Isekai LN/WN not named KonoSuba are shit. No exceptions.
>>
>>157289041
Kado is kind of what you're talking about. In this case, you have an inscrutable alien arriving to Earth to advance mankind for the greater good. The alien is not particularly familiar with the idea of consent, so things get tense.
>>
I've been reading a lot of isekai but none of it can top Mushoku Tensei.
>>
File: 1489264054052.gif (4KB, 650x220px) Image search: [Google]
1489264054052.gif
4KB, 650x220px
>nip mc gets isekai'd into a vaguely western fantasy setting
>no one comments on his queer squinty eyes and flat face
>>
Reminder that /tg/ does it better
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy
>>
>>157289582
Unlucky for you, I put all my cheat stats into illusions and you only thought you were poisining us, but in reality you were poisining yourself
>>
>>157289844
Faggot.
>>
>>157291288
>willingly choosing an illusion build

I'm obviously immune to my own powers and am using mass air poison, sorry.
>>
>>157291376
Says the guy who enjoys isekai LN/WN
>>
File: 1492422986950.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1492422986950.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>157276846
hahahahahaha they're so fucking tired of reading slush piles of fucking isekai hahahahaha
>>
>>157291992
The only isekai LN I didn't drop is Mushoku Tensei.
>>
File: Legend of Legendary Heroes.jpg (241KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of Legendary Heroes.jpg
241KB, 1200x750px
>>157276846

It be nice to see some stuff like Legend of Legendary Heroes make a comeback.
>>
File: 031.jpg (368KB, 1672x1200px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
368KB, 1672x1200px
>>157292155
Yeah, the manga really wanted me to read the LN but I got relative spoiled by the wikia so .... Still want to read it though but...
>>
can they beat the meme genre /a/?
>>
>mc actually has a pretty decent life in the real world and a bright future ahead
>gets isekai'd into a shitty world and now wants desperately to go back

Never been done.
>>
>>157292155
So you're picky about the shit you shove down your throat. Nice.
>>
>>157282479
>>adult male that goes to highschool for whatever dumb reason.
>Anime adaption of Billy Madison when?

This was already done, it's called ReLife. Aired back in 2016.
>>
File: 5810485014.png (414KB, 463x889px) Image search: [Google]
5810485014.png
414KB, 463x889px
>>157283368
>Kimi no Na wa
Nice
>>
>>157277328
Yet it manages to be better than 80% of the shit out there.
>>
>>157283368
>1. 2,323,668 moshi koukou yakyuu no joshi manager ga drucker no "management" wo yondara

Hey hey, this is actually good.

This is a good intro to an Austrian-born American management consultant, educator, and author, whose writings contributed to the philosophical and practical foundations of the modern business corporation.
>>
>>157282654
Ok you got me good
>>
File: 1353762015326.jpg (215KB, 850x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1353762015326.jpg
215KB, 850x1031px
>>157283368
>female LN protagonists are better than male LN protagonists
It's just that simple.
>>
File: 1427374788998.png (38KB, 318x166px) Image search: [Google]
1427374788998.png
38KB, 318x166px
>>157288579
Why is that people that criticize Overlord is always people that actually didn't read the novel or that only cared about fights and power levels? The series has flaw but they never address those and instead they criticize shit that wasn't never in the story, shit is like criticize a comedy for no having enough drama, shit is retarded
>>
>>157283368
People who like to read books like to read books about people who like to read books.
>>
>>157293176
never criticized it for not having enough drama. the problem is that it takes itself seriously at all.
>>
>>157293176
cause overlordfags start picking with old fanbases on /a/ because their skeleton wank chaosfag propaganda gets shitted on
not to say the retarded ass threads
>>
>>157293364
I think you way be retarded, anon.
>>
>>157293410
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>157293439
I don't think you're retarded, I know you are because you like Overlord
>>
>>157279610
>It's entirely new cast except KuroUsagi
>Izayoi currently got transported back to his old world
The only redemning thing about that shitfest and they had to send him back to his previous world. Sasuga nips, 2 nukes weren't enough
>>
File: 1494960241870.jpg (86KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
1494960241870.jpg
86KB, 432x648px
We need anime adaptation of god tier western isekai desu
>>
How about a novel about a man in his twenties trying to shoo off an Isekai'd neet by sabotaging/manipulating his circumstances in their fantasy world, but not without some moments where the MC confronts an plays therapist for the Isekai NEET in an attempt to encourage him to get home. Forceful rehab in a fantasy world, basically. Does that still count as Isekai even though the MC isn't from another world?
>>
>>157294103
And* My D key is shit.
>>
>>157287882
Now I am. To be fair it is garbage, it's just fun garbage that doesn't take itself very seriously. It's garbage I'll eat.
>>
There's no enough guns and sorcery in writing. Not good shit anyway. Dresden is pretty much it, Monster hunters sucked.
>>
>>157292050
They always ban the "in" topic.
>>
>>157276846
Yurifags on suicide watch.
>>
>>157291895
You only thought you were.
>>
>>157288412
otaku don't wanna face reality
>>
>>157276846
Hope this also meand konosuba s3 never.
>>
>>157295549
nigga konosuba ln isn't published by them
i swear newfags man
>>
>>157276846
No way fag. What would I do without muh Isekai WN/LNs? Literally the best thing to happen to the industreh. Also how will that mitigate anything? Besides they're just getting started especially animewise.

Though if you want to stop the infection first start by killing these:
>Hero Bunko
>Alphapolis
>MF:Books
>Hero Bunko
>HJ Novels
>Overlap
>GA Novel
>GC Novels
>Morning Star Books
etc
But its too late.
>>
>>157277601
Based.
>>
>>157293080

It's not just LN's. It's the same for anime.

Manga is a bit different since top selling manga are shonens for little boys.
>>
>>157276846
THANK FUCKING GOD
>>
>>157295948
Oh shit forgot to mention Famitsu Bunko they're the ones who pick up all the stay forever as a kid/shota isekai like the based tit sucker mindbreaker from Commushou and edgeling from ubau mono.
Thread posts: 472
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.