[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Medabots never became popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

You have franchises like Bayblade, Pokémon, Yugioh and Digimon which are still alive to this day except for Medabots. This is really weird considering the Anime was amazing.
>>
>>157272764
Digimon is barely alive, and Appmon is more or !ess a failure

Medarot has plenty of Japan exclusive games, just no anime attatched to them

Danball Senki pretty much eclipped it in the whole 'robot battling' genre
>>
>>157272764
It was before it's time

imagine if you could watch the show then go fight a medabot after it with some friends at school

Pokemon had the game on the gameboy which blew it up.

Yugioh had the card game.

Beyblade has the toys. When I get my medabot fight league then the show will become popular
>>
It was pretty good, I remember rewatching it a few years back and it still held up pretty good. Can't say that about most childhood shows
>>
>>157272764
I always felt like the "giving away a Medabot part after losing" gimmick didn't work well since it just turned the marketable robots into hideous abominations.
>>
>>157273600
The animation was pretty damn good too
>>157273626
Nobody ever used the parts tho. Metabee only used it for one or two episodes
>>
>>157273682
>Nobody ever used the parts tho. Metabee only used it for one or two episodes
That's the point, everyone just stuck to their original parts no matter how many fights they won.

I still loved the shit out of the show, it was probably my second favorite childhood anime after Digimon Adventure.
>>
>>157273626
I like my frankenbots thank you very much, i think they underused that shit actually
>>
so who watched dubbed here?
>>
File: file.png (197KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
197KB, 400x240px
>>157272764
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/medabots-girls-mission-clothes-tearing-hyper-finish-attack
Medabots still gets games in Japan.
>>
>>157275280
That game came out last year I believe. But didn't it bombed so hard it killed the game company?
>>
File: file.png (478KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
478KB, 1000x666px
>>157275468
The developer closed before Girls Mission came out. The publisher got absorbed by the parent company after Girls Mission. But the official Medabots twitter account is still active and there's new merch coming out this year for the 20th anniversary.

https://twitter.com/medarotsha/status/858659185633902592
>>
Merchandise, all they had to do was do that skylander / nintendo figure thing before anyone else.

Customize your robot with different parts, and allow their digital self collect.
>>
>>157272764
how do you expect something so lame to become popular
>>
>>157277189
>having taste this shit
Get out you no fun pleb.
>>
File: consider the following'.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following'.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>157273626
It would be better if they traded parts changed to the Medabots default color scheme
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.