[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gantz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 014.jpg (435KB, 1712x1200px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
435KB, 1712x1200px
I know I'm late to the party, but I decided to read Gantz.
So far it has been kind of so-so. Some good things, but pretty mediocre pace and some absolutely retarded decisions on the character side. MC growing into a decent person was pretty cool I guess.

But now, vampires? Really? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
Don't worry it's a one off thing. Maybe he was going to go somewhere with it but in the end he didn't. I mean if there's aliens why not vampires?
>>
File: 1494874163109.jpg (22KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
1494874163109.jpg
22KB, 349x344px
>>157260088
you are complaining right now about the vampires ... just you wait later on .... though I have to say I really liked the part of Kei getting with Tae instead of the superidol wanting him to give her the D
>>
>>157260088
Yeah the vampires are a small part of it. They also happen to be around for the best mission in the series.
>>
>>157260235
I'd argue separation of genres, but the real problem is that it just comes out of nowhere. They're on their mission, and suddenly vampires. It just feels absurd. Then again story pacing hasn't been the manga's strongest point so far.

>>157260239
I've heard the end is crap, but the way you say that worries me.
>>
Vampires is just the tip of the iceberg. Honestly you should stop reading after the Osaka arc.
>>
Gantz has had the pants on head vibe since the beginning so the vampires weren't a huge turn off for me.

That said, is it worth it going back to the manga for someone who dropped it during the Osaka arc? I keep hearing the ending is very bad.
>>
File: cradle-of-monsters-2936881.jpg (213KB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
cradle-of-monsters-2936881.jpg
213KB, 800x1170px
>>157260088
The vampires only appear for a few chapters and aren't seen ever again afterwards. I'm pretty sure the author wasn't sure where he wanted to go next with the story.
>>
File: 1494854640864.png (392KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494854640864.png
392KB, 600x527px
>>157262788
See what you did there
>>
And now it's a demon hurling fire balls everywhere. Not really surprised at this point. Still kinda sucks.
>>
>>157260088
It was the first introduction to how the aliens look at how Gantz works, and it gives us an idea of how the aliens have been among humankind for awhile now and even want to preemptively fight back against the Gantzers.

The vampires are also due to nanomachines, so it's another hint at how aliens aren't just random ass monsters like shown so far and have actual tech among them, leading to the giants.

It's actually fairly simple regarding their purpose, no idea why /a/ has such a hard time grasping such basic concepts. About the only shitty part was how after Italy the two remaining ones buzz off even if it was fitting.
>>
>>157261868
A giant alien ship attacks earth and kidnaps human to be used as food. The attackers are a bunch of highly intelligent giant gypsy aliens.
Tae gets kidnapped, Tae got saved by a pedo in the ship, Tae became a human hamster pet. Tae runs away.
Human launch a counter attack onto the ship. Giant gypsy aliens vs even bigger than giant human robots. Kei fights his way until he finds Tae and they escaped.
Leader of aliens challenge Kae for a duel or he will crash the ship into earth. Kae teleports back and fights the leader. Leader dead and the ship crashed onto the moon meanwhile Kae and his childhood friend escapes from the ship using floating bike and crashed into the ocean.

There I saved you 3 days atleast.
>>
People who complain about vampires are retarded. We had shapeshifters and the devil himself in the same arc, who the hell cares?
>>
>>157260088
I enjoyed the whole manga. The end isn't some incredible thing you will remember forever, but the series really is designed like "Ok, how do I escalate things even further?" and that just repeats throughout the whole series.

I really enjoyed the ride. And some of the monster designs are amazing.
>>
Was it ever explained how come Kei's brother is a vampire? They are blood related right? Also Akira is a good boy who didn't deserve his fate honestly
>>
Shut the fuck up, turn your brain off and enjoy the ride.

til the last arc tho
>>
>>157260522
>I'd argue separation of genres,

The idea that author presents is that vampires in the end are nothing more than alien life that somehow merged with human life at some point and created the vampire mythos and whatnot.
>>
>>157260088
The vampires fit. The entire idea of some weird secret game of making resurrected people fight aliens in super-tech is accommodating to the vampires, I think. The stupid part was making Kurono's brother one of them -- especially since their arc doesn't go anywhere aside from getting slaughtered by the sword guy whose name escapes me.

Gantz just didn't know what to do with its ideas as it got more ambitious. The earlier arcs focusing on Kurono's character development and normal people put in crazy high-stakes scenarios are better for that reason. The seams hadn't shown yet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.