[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does this manga manage to be hilariously cliched yet so fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Zatchbell.png (213KB, 490x428px) Image search: [Google]
Zatchbell.png
213KB, 490x428px
how does this manga manage to be hilariously cliched yet so fucking hype at the same time
>>
Good characters and competent emotional writing.
>>
File: kafka GROOVY 3.png (49KB, 290x639px) Image search: [Google]
kafka GROOVY 3.png
49KB, 290x639px
By being groovy.
>>
File: Konjiki no Gash-v13 verymelon.jpg (132KB, 625x526px) Image search: [Google]
Konjiki no Gash-v13 verymelon.jpg
132KB, 625x526px
The author is actually talented, funny, and sincere.
>>
dragged on too much imo
>>
>>157263956
What is every shounen ever. ( Except for Black Jack )
>>
>>157264005
not really
>>
>>157259963
did his neck explode?
>>
>>157259963
Konjiki no Gash perfected the shounen genre.

Nothing can compete.
>>
>>157259963
OO-WAH-AH-AH-AH
>>
>>157259963
It's called passion. If the author enjoys writing something than the audience will find it easy to enjoy reading it. Once the author starts treating their book like a job they don't like or are just in for a paycheck we get stories like Bleach or Fairy Tail.
>>
>>157263956
Really? It was such a nice ride that I didn't mind it much, even Clear Note's Arc had some of the greatest scenes in the whole manga.
>>
CATCH MY HEART
>>
>>157259963
Because there was a decent logic behind some of the cliches. Baou Zakeruga was specifically a finishing move, team battles became normal partway through the manga with fewer one on one fights to allow for interesting strategies to be used, heart energy was a fair explanation of fighting spirit that would be bullshit elsewhere, the design of the story allowed characters to be picked off at certain points to show progress in the story, finale didn't force pairings and children and allowed us to see where a lot of main characters ended up while being bittersweet.

Zatch Bell was good shonen because almost everything felt deliberate and explainable in the plot, and the central characters all got fantastic growth over the course of the series.
>>
File: 1476622633192.png (40KB, 333x232px) Image search: [Google]
1476622633192.png
40KB, 333x232px
I hated the anime as a kid, I read the manga several years later and think it's a top tier shounen.

What did the anime do wrong again?
>>
File: blackelfy.jpg (30KB, 257x300px) Image search: [Google]
blackelfy.jpg
30KB, 257x300px
One of my favorite shonens if not my favorite. I reccomend it to everyone to no avail.

Zeno fight was based.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.