[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets pretend there is only the original 26 NGE episodes. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Lets pretend there is only the original 26 NGE episodes.

What would be your theory about the ending scene? What happened?
>>
>>157255041
Shinji became gay
>>
>>157255041
Shinji accepted instrumentality.
>implying the TV ending isn't the definitive ending
>>
>>157255041
Anno ran out of money
>>
>>157255164
>implying both don't supplement each other where the other lacks
>>
>>157255041
You ran out of ink, didn't you you bastards?
>>
>>157255041
It's not rocket science. Instrumentality began, shinji was offered a bunch of different worlds, including the one he thought he wanted; one with only him. Only to realize he rather embrace other people. CONGRATUALTIONS.
>>
>theory
As if it isn't spelled out already.
>>
>>157255318
>EoE was instrumentality for instrumentality
>EoE was Anno imagining a better ending
>EoE doesn't exist outside of Anno's mind
>>
>>157255351
Not a fan of the dub (I like bad dubs) but 11/10 ending
>>
>>157255984
i think the dub is good for all the main characters, but all the side characters just sound dumb
>>
>>157257067
I will say when Shinji wasn't screaming he wasn't bad while Misato and Asuka were very good
>>
>>157255041
There is no meaning. It's literal random horseshit thrown on the screen in a way that makes it seem deeper than it actually is. It's designed to be a cheap way to end the series so the studio wouldn't go bankrupt that tricks the audience into thinking they watched something of substance
>>
>>157255041
>Anno wanted the series to have a upbeat ending. It is all about depression, and the ending is about overcoming it.
>He ran out of budged and couldnt do the cool ending he imagined first.
>He then created a brand new ending, dropping some plot lines and stuff, but also using many of the elements he presented over the series (such as the hedgehog dilemma and the idea of "the real me and your vision of me are different"
>The TV ending, specially episode 25, show the instrumentality to be something very different from what we see in EoE.
>The "walls" of the mind were taken down, but you didnt disappear like you do in the EoE ending. in the TV end you still yourself, you still have your own consciousness, although your thoughts now are clear as crystal for the others to see.
>Episode 25 later half is about misato and asuka accepting others into their mind through instrumentality, and healing their inner fears and failures.
>Episode 26 is the same, but for shinji.
>It ends with him accepting instrumentality, himself and other on his life.
>As he does, his friends congratulate him on the development.
>The end.
As a bonus point, it seens the people in instrumentality can imagine scenarios and live them for fun at will, so i guess they can always imagine a new adventure or funny situation, together for eternity. All in all, TV instrumentality is a paradise.
>>
>>157255041
I've only ever watched the original series (not any of the new adaptations) and I still don't know what the fuck that ending was about. Do they explain things better in any of the movies?
>>
>>157255452
this is pretty much the correct answer imo.
EoE and TV ending are both the same thing except TV 25 and 26 show us what happens during the process of instrumentality where humans all bundle up together and start to try to understand each other and to live in harmony.
Shinji realizes he needs to accept his flaws and everyone else's and he breaks free.
The tv ending happens at the same time as Shinji decides that losing their individuality is wrong.
Atleast thats how I see it.

Before watching EoE I had the theory that the ending symbolized Shinji coming with terms with himself and breaking free of the instrumentality process and being brought back to the living world as usual.
>>
>>157258120
In all fairness I was careful not to say that him embracing other people means she broke away from instrumentality since that's not quite clear going by just the TV ending.
>>
>>157258503
oh right, thats just my interpretation of it, I always thought he did break free from it because all of the dialogues Shinji has kind of lead me to think that he realized his place in the world and that if he decided to close himself off, he would lose sight of who he is and just disappear or lose his individuality completely.
I always stood by this theory of mine.
>>
>>157258579
>I always stood by this theory of mine.
So do I, but its ambiguous enough and I wouldn't argue it's definitely the case if EoE didn't exist.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.