[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post garbage sequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: virginsoulbanner.jpg (85KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
virginsoulbanner.jpg
85KB, 600x468px
Fun exciting action/adventure -----> Boring repetitive faux-harem
>>
Man, I loved Genesis, but it went to shit right when the crew met the king, and stayed mediocre through to the end. And VS has 24 episodes, so of course it is going to be slower.
>faux-harem
Neck yourself.

I liked the original better, but you're just a whiny little faggot.
>>
>Fun exciting action/adventure
That was true only for the first couple of episodes. It was mediocre and boring for the most part.
Virgin Soul is much better so far.
>>
>>157247473

What the first two anons said. The first season was great fun for only the first four episodes or so, but turned into a mediocre show for the rest of it. It was a steep downhill turn after the pirate ship episode.

This new season isn't much better since it decided to go for this deep dark story out from the get-go, but Nina keeps it from getting to the deep lows of the original season. It also hasn't gotten to the highs of the beginning of the first season yet though.

I just want more fun adventures in this setting with these characters. Maybe when Favaro returns, it'll become fun.
>>
Seikon no Qwaser II. The first half had a retarded plot and the second half was filler.
>>
>>157247473
I actually am liking the sequel way more than the first season. This season is laying some groundwork for exciting later episodes that the first season lacked.

>faux harem
It never advertised itself as a harem.
>>
>>157247626
>>157247699
>>157248163
THIS.
Genesis went downhill so fucking fast. I watch that series 'just because' after Rita arc.
I don't know about it later, but VS is way better & more entertaining so far.
>>
All the promo art and shit for VS is the cast looking like their on some sorta adventure so maybe it's setting up for something.

I agree though, people keep saying that Genesis turned mediocre after 4 episodes but VS hasn't even gotten close to hitting the level those first 4 episodes of Genesis had and isn't really better than the "mediocre" parts of Genesis either in my opinion. It has fun characters trapped in this pretty dull semi-shoujo story, if it was something completely different and not related to Shingeki no Bahamut it wouldn't have passed the 3-episode rule for me personally.
>>
File: 46565465653.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
46565465653.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
I liked the first season. It went above and beyond my expectations for an adaptation of a trading card game. Lighten up and stop being so hard on a series thats about heaven and hell going to war.
>>
>>157247473
>Remove Favaro
>suddenly it sucks

Really makes you think
>>
I thought the first season was pretty good until the end. Well, I don't remember the end. But I remember it being good, so that means the end probably sucked and I forgot a lot about it. Or it got bad as it went on.
>>
>>157251961
>THIS
Nope, not "this". Genesis went from 9/10 to 6/10, whereas Virgin Soul is squarely a 5/10, it hasn't gone 'downhill' yet because it hasn't gone anywhere yet. A couple minutes of "world building" with the rest of the episode basically having nothing going on, that's what every episode has been like so far. The only thing Virgin Soul is doing better so far is animation, and it's not like Genesis was bad in that regard anyway.
>>
>>157247473

The real protagonist is the duck and other characters are just minions
>>
I didn't think the first season was all that great but I definitely liked the dynamics between the characters a lot more. Virgin soul on the other hand seems like a really generic shoujo with a fantasy setting slapped on top. Very disappointing.
>>
E7 AO wtf happened
>>
First season was also shit.

/a/ only liked it because muh animation and muh western style fantasy. Plot and characters were garbage.
>>
>>157253648

Actually, I think the main cast were all great. Kaisar, Favaro, Rita, and Dragon girl were all pretty enjoyable to watch. Hamsa and Bacchus are all right, too.

You're generalizing as heck, but you're right about the plot being garbage.
>>
>>157247473
WHENS FAVAROOOOOO
>>
>>157252656
>generic shoujo
>when the heroine gets hot and bothered she turns into a rampaging dragon

clearly typical fair. I've seen it 1000 times
>>
Ep 5 was the best episode so far. Minimal Nina, maximum Kaisar.
>>
>>157247473
need dem fujo bux fo da programs
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.