[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cut content: the movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: koe no katachi.jpg (306KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
koe no katachi.jpg
306KB, 960x1440px
what the hell is inside of kyoani staffs' heads to skipped almost 70% of the content in the manga and botched almost all the characters development?
>>
Yeah, kyoani should have made the movie 8 hours long
>>
The side characters were the worst part of the manga though. They didn't cut enough in my opinion.
>>
>>157244508
kyoani should've made this into a 24 episodes series
or just adapt the one shot version with some tweaks
>>
>>157244650
>kyoani should've made this into a 24 episodes series

They made far more money on a 129 minute movie than they would have in a 528 minute TV anime.
>>
Sho-chan is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>157244641
mashiba and kawai didn't even do anything in the movie
>>
It cut out all the parts of the manga that I hated
but now I can't say that I like this movie without people calling me a KyoAnifag despite being indifferent to almost everything else they've ever put out
>>
>>157244047
Was the short guy always that much of a bro in the manga? I can't remember. They removed him being a creep around imouto though which is good.
>>
>>157246303
>It cut out all the parts of the manga that I hated
Pretty much
>>
>>157246411
He was a bro, but then also a creep. Cutting down his time probably made him less of a creep.
>>
>>157245453
mashiba I agreed
But Kawai did make me want to put her under a bus again.
>>
>>157246884
>>157246303
this, by cutting all the stupid shit they actually improved the characters.
>>
File: ueno in her true nature.jpg (237KB, 728x1088px) Image search: [Google]
ueno in her true nature.jpg
237KB, 728x1088px
>>157247544
>improved the characters
they barely even count as characters in this movie. almost all the side characters are just there doing nothing except ueno

Mashiba turned from "that calm dude who could explode any moment" into a stranger who just happened to tag along with Kawai all the time
Ueno turned from ultimate bitch no.1 into just slightly annoying basic bitch
Brocolli is basically the same without his creepy side
and they almost completely removed what makes Kawai so insufferable

don't get me wrong, I like the visual and animation of this movie (sasuga kyoani) but the reason I waited for this movie so long is to relived the emotional roller coaster of live translating with /a/, not a 2 hour blueballing train ride
>>
>>157244047
Leave it to Kyoani to ruin a perfectly fine source material just so that they can impose their "oh so great" touch upon the world.
>>
Source material purists get btfo once again. Like Kubrick owning Stephen King.
>>
>>157244047
Kyoani has a reputation of taking poor source materal and improving upon it. In cases where the original is already translated this will lead to butthurt amongst the tasteless plebs retarded enough to read English translated manga and who liked the inferior original version.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.