[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getter Robo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Shin_Getter_1_Profile_shot.jpg (96KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Getter_1_Profile_shot.jpg
96KB, 1440x1080px
Let's take a moment to talk about Ishikawa's masterpiece
>>
File: Cvb_V03UAAAvxBK.jpg (58KB, 592x458px) Image search: [Google]
Cvb_V03UAAAvxBK.jpg
58KB, 592x458px
>>157224556

you got my attention great anon there's nothing good on this threads but animu dudes and there waifus
>>
>>157224802
Glad to see like-minded folk
>>
Getter Robo GO > Getter Robo > Shin Getter Robo > Getter Robo Arc > Getter Robo G
My blueballs over Arc ending in a cliffhanger will never heal.

New Getter Robo > Armageddon > Shin vs Neo
Never watched the TV show.
>>
>>157224556
The openings are hypest shit ever.
>>
>>157226450
Absolutely true
>>
I wonder if the Armaggedon OVAs were going to touch over the (in a way) sinister nature of the Getter rays but that was changed along with the director.
That would explain, for example, whatever Musashi realized just before being killed.
>>
>>157226881
Musashi realized the destiny of his cursed name and accepted it
>>
I've never seen any Getter anime. I tried watching Armageddon, but two episodes in I had no fucking clue what was going on and I felt like I had missed something. What order should I watch Getter in, if there is one?
>>
>>157227043
You were on the right track. None of the Getter Robo animations have continuity with each other except for the original 70's series and its immediate sequel. After the third episode and the director change, Armageddon becomes much more straight forward. If you want somewhere else to start you can read the manga: Getter Robo->Getter Robo G-> Getter Robo Go-> Shin Getter Robo-> Getter Robo Arc. You could finish reading all of it in like a day's time
>>
>>157227210
Adding to this, I think New Getter Robo is the perfect entry to the Getter franchise.
The first Getter I watched / read was Armageddon and still I enjoyed it because it was clearly ambiguous for the sake of being ambiguous so you should just focus on the action.
>>
>>157227210
That's what I thought, I just wanted to be sure before I completely ruined the series for myself. I'm sure there are purists who insist I watch Robo before Armageddon, but which is honestly better? I've been trying to get into mech anime for a while, and I feel like Getter has the best chance of doing that. I started with Armageddon because it's short, but should I try something else first? I'll look into the manga.
>>
File: 1436754180494.png (706KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436754180494.png
706KB, 1280x720px
>>157226951
Mfw (actual spoiler) The getter rays turned him into a series of disposable clones
Fucking Ishikawa.
>>
>>157227400
Not many will suggest you start with the original anime even on /m/. It's old and doesn't follow the manga very much at all. Any of the OVAs are good as a start, but Shin vs. Neo is the shortest with 4 30 minute episodes. The only detriment to watching any of the anime before reading is you'll miss references and callbacks, but that kinda works as a nice rewatch bonus after reading.
>>
>>157227400
Depends. Do you want to watch mecha anime depicting the robots as military hardware or giant robots having bullshit adventures?
>>
>>157227535
Gotcha. Glad I hopped in this thread. Definitely going to give Getter another shot.
>>
>>157227482
>spoiler
Easily my favorite part of Arc! That and the "Getter-copters" from the same chapter
>>
>>157227577
I like them both, as long as they're depicted well. For reference, my two favorite mech anime to date are TTGL (I know) and 08th MS Team. I like crazy hotblooded shit and more serious war drama, just as long as the writing doesn't make me want to kill myself.
>>
>>157227631
Tell me where you end up starting. All the series do their own kind of thing with tone and direction that make them good compliments to the original manga
>>
>>157227717
For modern shows, watch Shin Mazinger and Gundam Thunderbolt.
If you're willing to watch old anime (like, latter 70's and early 80's) I can't recommend the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV show and Armored Trooper VOTOMS enough.
>>
>>157227717
The Getter Robo manga is interesting because from Getter Robo to G it's super robot shenanigans, but by Go it's turned into a war story featuring a super robot
>>
>>157227720
I already have Armageddon downloaded, so I'll probably start with that, honestly. I'm very interested in the manga, though.
>>157227814
My friend is super into older mech anime, so I'll try to see if he's interested in watching some of that with me. Thanks for the suggestions.
>>
>>157227851
Sounds fucking awesome, actually. Gonna jump on that.
>>
I think mankind did a pact with the devil of sorts when it started using Getter Rays
They summoned a genie it to use it as a weapon to survive and now said genie wants to fulfil its master's desire to a T no matter the cost for both the universe and humans themselves.

Sadly we will never know more.
>>
Getter Emperor when
>>
>>157224556
Read the manga and it was fantastic after Ishikawa's art style matured. Shame he died before he can continue with the story about that dino hybrid guy.

Probably going to start checking out some of the getter OVAs.
>>
>>157228261
Fucking never sadly. Unless a new anime comes out by some freak chance
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.