[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disclaimer: this isn't a troll thread. Does anyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: naver_com_20150510_110618.jpg (65KB, 699x395px) Image search: [Google]
naver_com_20150510_110618.jpg
65KB, 699x395px
Disclaimer: this isn't a troll thread.

Does anyone else find it hard to enjoy anime made before 2005 or so? They have a slower pacing to them and feel a little dry. Even anime from the second half of the 2000s are kind of slow and have a comparatively mellow atmosphere to them. 2010s anime are more colorful and more fast. Maybe I'm just ADD, retarded, or both.
>>
>>157224203

You're definitely a retarded faggot with shit opinions.
>>
You're right, they were just bland
>>
>>157224285
kek

>>157224355
I'm glad someone agrees! There's some real gems from the 2000s, but I don't enjoy them consistently as I do 2010s anime.
>>
>>>>157222222
>>
>>157224203
I'm gonna have to agree with this amazing anon >>157224285
he has great opinion that I can respect. OP you're a retard
>>
>>157224203
No, you're just too young probably. I'm rewatching 90's shows and the direction is fucking amazing.
>>
>>157224203
You're probably just not used to that pre-2005 stuff, especially the difference in artstyle. If it's not appealing to you then there's no need to bother that much. It's as pointless as asking a kid nowadays to use a brick phone over a smartphone.
>>
>>157224203
I've kind of been feeling the same way too and I grew up watching older shows. There's definitely a different feel to them.

Don't tell anyone I said this
>>
>>157224203
>Does anyone else find it hard to enjoy anime made before 2005 or so? They have a slower pacing to them and feel a little dry. Even anime from the second half of the 2000s are kind of slow and have a comparatively mellow atmosphere to them. 2010s anime are more colorful and more fast.

Another issue I'm seeing is that conventions and tropes are so well established by now, that new shows can simply refer to them short-hand and the viewers will understand. No need for drawn out set-up and exposition.

It's similar to what happened with Cyberpunk and Science Fiction -- what was once novel and ground-breaking becomes commonplace, and newer shows started building upon the ruins of the classics.
>>
>>157224203
I can definitely feel that with some older anime, but I also find that the good older anime is some of the best. 1995-2005 is the best decade for me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.