[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Six episodes left, can they save it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

Six episodes left, can they save it?
>>
I'm avoiding watching the show because I prefer to marathon SoL stuff rather than following it week-to-week but I keep seeing threads asking can it be saved.

What does it need saving from? I'm assuming the OPs are largely just shitposting and the show isn't lower than a solid 6/10 at worst but I'm confused what it could be that is causing these threads to spring up since they're a specific type of shitposting I don't really see used very often for SoL iyashikei.

Did Trigger go full retard and try to make it an action series? Is it just bombing in sales? Is it full of QUALITY that only the BDs could fix? Did it get up its own ass with bad melodrama?

Enlighten me, please.
>>
>>157219838
LWA isn't SoL or iyashikei.

It doesn't need "saving" either.
>>
>>157219585
>can they save it
Nigger last week episode was so fucking HYPE that both /a/ and the normie crowd exploded, what are you even talking about.
>>
>>157219838
It's not a SoL, it's an episodic show with about half the episodes self contained and the other half related to plot.
Some episodes have been hit or miss like it usually happens in this cases.
>>
>>157219955
>>157219896
Oh, makes sense.

Kinda disappointing though, but I guess I should have paid more attention when info started being dropped about the show before it started airing rather than just accepting what /a/ said after the announcement as fact.
>>
>>157220045
Why did you even expect it to be a SoL?
The OVAs were extremely tightly paced little adventures already.
>>
>>157220195
Because for whatever reason a few anons were saying/talking about it being a SoL series set in back when it was announced and I guess I just latched onto that before I through up my filters and went on a blackout of any info about it to avoid spoilers.
>>
File: 1491083761645.png (722KB, 904x617px) Image search: [Google]
1491083761645.png
722KB, 904x617px
>Last minute of the show
>Sucy kills Akko and says she is the final boss
>"See you next season"
>Next season NEVER come
>>
>>157219838
>I'm assuming the OPs are largely just shitposting
Yes, always.
>>
File: yawn2.jpg (30KB, 438x480px) Image search: [Google]
yawn2.jpg
30KB, 438x480px
>>157219585
No. The second half of this show was too fucking weak.
>>
>>157219953
>Nigger last week episode was so fucking HYPE that both /a/ and the normie crowd exploded, what are you even talking about.
pls, stop lying to yourself
>>
>>157220542

to be continued in kickstarter
>>
It was a mistake. It shouldn've been made.
>>
>>157220715
>The second half of this show was too fucking weak.
I thought first half was weaker I only really liked episode 8, but I dropped the series so idk
>>
>>157220945
>pls
Fuck off newfag kid.
>>
>>157221984
>idk
Fuck off newfag kid.
>>
>>157221984

>dropping this amazing show

fuck off back to your shounen shit
>>
>>157223504
What do you find so amazing about it? I thought compared to the OVA it was lacking
>>
>>157219585
Nothing to save.
>>
>>157219953
and /m/ .dont group us with the normies
>>
>>157219585
Why does it need to be saved?
>>
>>157220301
despite what these two anons said, it IS SoL, just with magic in it. There is a hidden plot implied, but from the entire show up until now, maybe only like 10 minutes alltogether are about it, the rest is just "How did Akko get into wacky hijinks today?" and each episode up until now is self contained
>>
>>157223504
>amazing show

>conflict is usually created by whoever gets to hold the "retard" ball that week

>Most of the conflict is resolved or undermined by the story/setting itself, removing agency from the characters and undermining any potential tension

>setting is ill thought, most of the "responsible" adults seem completely incapable of running a school or even securing dangerous/powerful artifacts.
>>
>>157219896
why so "defensive"?
>>
>>157225519

Overall it's been rather boring to say the least
>>
>>157219838
>waiting for all the episodes to air in order to binge it
Wow, I honestly really should've have done this.
>>
>>157228641
There going to have an great animated finale but it wont save the series if you think its boring I'm in the same boat
>>
People expect a masterpiece from this?
>>
>>157219585
I think this series worked better as OVAs. For example the broom race could had been grouped with another story and could had been released into an OVA.
>>
>>157229674
no just something entertaining/fun to watch.
>>
>>157219953
It was cringy as fuck.

The episode was saved by constanze's cuteness
>>
File: 1490987432002.jpg (222KB, 1400x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490987432002.jpg
222KB, 1400x1920px
>>157219585
I can't stand Akko as a MC and thus am not the target demographic for this show at all, but I came back for the Constanze episode and was not too disappoint.

It would take a miracle for me to have a final rating above "meh" for me though.
>>
>>157219585
I have no idea how they could at this point. I like this show, but the conflict is so fucking boring. Akko's "chosen one" status in the series is so lame. She hasn't matured at all in 19 episodes because she's been handed everything by Chariot
>>
>>157231710
All I know that the finale going to be animated great, that's all I care about
>>
>>157219953
This. It was a 10/10 episode.
>>
Only /v/edditors like this trash
>>
So can we all agree that Imaishi > Yoshinari now?
>>
>>157234438
/v/tards don't even know it exist
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.