[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angel's Egg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: extra.png (141KB, 383x323px) Image search: [Google]
extra.png
141KB, 383x323px
Red pill me on Angel's Egg. Was this just an artsy anime with long drawn out scenes or did I witness the meaning of life?
>>
It's some Christfag director's story about his struggle with faith and some other nonsense. So it's just garbage that looks pretty.
>>
>>157184982
Ugh. Is that it? It had nice gothic buildings and stuff though.

I thought maybe the eye represented consciousness and the dude who smashed the egg was desperately trying to end it only to get schooled by the floating eye with a new addition at the end.
>>
>>157184982
That's not garbage then. It's somebody's personal, individual story brought to life.
>>
Fear not the Dark, my friend, and let the feast begin
>>
>>157184877
>red pill me

Fuck off with this reddit lingo.
>>
>>157184982
>>157185138
How mentally childish can you be?
>>
>>157186560
It's /pol/ lingo, actually, even long before r/The_Donald took over it.
>>
>>157184982
Wikipedia says "Oshii himself has stated he does not know what the film is about."
>>
>>157184877
it was boring af
>>
>>157186553
i always thought bloodborne and angel's egg felt similar.
>>
>>157186838

It's still retarded.
>>
>>157186838
same thing as pepe, reddit ruined it.
>>
>>157184877
Why so many newfags are making so much threads about Angel's Egg all of sudden? What, are Evangelion and Madoka no longer """deep""" enough for their anime club?
>>
>>157186901
The Ringed City in Dark Souls 3 has a direct reference to Angel's Egg. Apparently it was a big influence on the game.
>>
>>157187034
First thread about Angel's Egg since Sunday dude.

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/angel%27s%20egg/type/op/
>>
The fishermen casting spears at shadows of leviathans was a fun scene. Felt very much like a parable with a meaning that was just out of reach.
>>
It's a crpytic Christian allegory and is quite interesting.
>>
>>157186878
I'm sorry that your brain can't handle critical thinking.
>>
>>157191953
No you're not
>>
>>157187117
Is it confirmed that that was a reference? I thought it was extremely similar but if it was actually a reference that's pretty cool
>>
>>157186560
>red pill me

>Fuck off with this reddit lingo.
>reddit lingo.

stop failing newfag
>>
It's really beautiful
>>
>>157184877
It's a story about losing faith in God. The shadow of a fish that's not there has do to with a fish being an old Christian symbol, the giant eyeball hovering above the ocean is God, the entire film takes place on Noah's Ark(In universe it's more that they've been abandoned by God, but the story is meant to be atheist in nature), the man carrying the technological cross represents the cold, nihilistic reality of the universe, the girl with the egg represents an ignorant and innocent belief in God, the man breaks the egg to show that her beliefs were false, her becoming an adult as she falls into the river represents her maturing as a person after learning the painful truth. This movie was made by Mamoru Oshii, a man who grew up Christian and considered becoming a priest, but by the time of making this film was an Atheist.
>>
>>157184877
>Red pill
/pol/ must die to save 4chan.
>>
Absolute kinographíe
>>
File: 2846.jpg (86KB, 287x451px) Image search: [Google]
2846.jpg
86KB, 287x451px
>>157186560
>redpill
>reddit

g-guys am I f-fitting in now?
>>
>>157194133
>3DPD reaction image
You aren't.
>>
>>157193932
Or it can be Oishi's work based on reading to much Nietzsche and being to egoistic
>>
>>157194264
Its a japanese cartoon director you fucking retard
>>
>>157187034
From what I understand, it's pretty heavily hinted that a scene in Dark Souls 3 is a reference to Angel's Egg, so a lot of people are only discovering it right now.
>>
>>157194541
What I find incredibly funny is that it's only because of "lore experts" and the type, on Youtube, explaining it as such by which the belief of it being purely a reference to Angel's Egg has originated. My first thought, on seeing the scene in question, was Angel's Egg as well - simply due to an aesthetic similarity. But, within less than 10 seconds, I realized that it has nothing to do with Angel's Egg. The community has failed to recognize this in any significant way because anyone who detracts from the mass theory is shunned.

It's literally just the tamatebako. Not even "the tamatebako if they changed it to be like ____", it is *just* a direct outline/skeleton of the myth.

At the broadest point of inclusion, Angel's Egg may take inspiration from the legend but bears little resemblance to it in structure or content. The game's event bears strict conformity to the myth in both.

But, because 'Youtubers' are more familiar with anime than Japanese children's stories, people will continue to watch their videos, hear the title "Angel's Egg", and come to anime discussion sites to talk about how Dark Souls 3 references its content (without having even watched it!) and how it's such a trippy movie whooahh.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.