[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isekai thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 623
Thread images: 58

File: file.png (380KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
380KB, 500x711px
>Implying the magical race of ultimate craftsmen can forge something as complex as a proper ka-ta-na

Stupid dragon, don't underestimate japanese swordsmiths!
>>
Oh no, the poor samurai. What will she do when she gets a weapon made of good steel?
>>
Why are isekai with inventors and tactician MCs so rare?
>>
Just make a thread about a specific series instead of making your daily generic general which is just a stealth WN/LN rec thread.
>>
>>157154541
Because they are even worse. Instead of an MC who uses protagonist power to win fights you get a protagonist who uses protagonist power to revolutionize the entire world, whose opponents are dumb as fuck and allow him to win battles with ridiculously bad tactics and who face opponents so strong that they still need protagonist power to win their fights.
>>
>>157154686
I don't think that's why they are rare.
Most isekai are chuuni-fantasies that the autist decided to sit down and write. And for some goddamn reason the nips like that shit.
Most autist's chuuni self-insert power fantasy usually involves them being some sort of super gary-stu snowflake with a harem.
Also most isekai authors wouldn't be able to write tactictian or inventor MCs because they don't even take 5 minutes to check some wiki for basic worldbuilding consistency.
>>
>>157154076
If the MC wasn't such a nobody I really think this would have been a decent LN
>>
>>157155095
but those inventor isekai are exactly the same
>mc builds guns
>levels up 500 times
>meets vampire loli
woah
amazing writing
>>
File: file.png (139KB, 468x251px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
139KB, 468x251px
>>157155191
I think it's decent so far despite the nobody MC. His companions carry it.
This was genuinely funny as hell.
>>
>>157154541
Because they're usually done fucking terribly. And about ninety percent of them don't seem to understand that people in the past/fantasy settings aren't stupid.
>>
>>157155272
Huh? Where does that happen?
Anyway, I was thinking about more stuff like Realist's Kingdom or RW.
>>
>>157155391
>Idols

Ahahaha.
>>
>>157154076
FOLDED 1 GOJIRRION TIMES
>>
>>157155503
Yeah, the idolshit and the excessive haremisms ruined it, but it was so close to being good.
>>
>>157154076
dont forget about that superior japanese cusine
>>
>>157155603
Haven't even read the OP image, but let me guess, mayo?
>>
>>157155724
Raw fish and Rice.
>>
>>157155724
No, in the OP he magically got access to an interdimensional space that's a large expanse of land filled with nature from his world. So he starts trading these otherworldly fruits and building a mutlicultural city in that space.

It's a pretty good hook. I hear it goes to shit but I'm interested in the manga for now.
>>
I want an anti-Isekai series.
Brutal and cunning demon special ops agent takes out all the neet trash washing up in his world before they fuck it up with their otherworldly knowledge, cheat powers and broken items; crushes weeaboo fantasies.
>>
>>157156176
Can he also kill the wuxia?
>>
>>157156176
That's part of one of the more popular isekai shows. But the protagonist prevails anyway.
>>
>>157155830
which manga is this?
>>
>>157156176
That gave me an idea.
Now I wanna see a reverse-isekai where the demons and the humans are both coming to our world to steal our tech and they're in a constant arms race.
>>
>talking shit about war god Makoto
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>157156358
Nah, we have or gallant and powerful Japanese Army to protect us.
>>
>>157154541
Because the author is the one writing it, you can't write a character smarter than yourself without making it seem like a gary stu.
>>
File: 1444081320266.jpg (81KB, 344x459px) Image search: [Google]
1444081320266.jpg
81KB, 344x459px
Lets find out how long this thread will last
>>
>>157156520
Silly anon.
The demon king decided to come to our world to steal knowledge and tech for his conquest of fantasy-land because of readily available information is. The 1st Demon Wikipedia Brigade is born.
Before long, the humans catch wind of it and set up their own wikipedia-brigade in our world.
>>
I want a three chapter long isekai manga featuring the standard weebneet isekai fanboy, have him completely fail to introduce any modern technology because he doesn't actually know how to make anything (because he's a retarded dropout otaku). He ends up looking like a lunatic, his social anxiety and poor social skills get him and he fails to catch any harem waifus, and he ends up starving to death in the street because he's a talentless, good for nothing NEET with even less applicable skills than in real life
>>
>>157157118
Who would be the fanbase?
>>
>>157155601
It's okay the MC is loyal to his waifu in alternate world and becomes a demon king
>>
>>157157215
Contrarian angsty elitists
As if you wouldn't buy a figure of a dying hobo or a daki of a bunch of monster/elf girls being creeped the fuck out by you
>>
>>157156245
i fucking wish,
chink love to make shitty parodies of their own or other country isekai. I saw lot of weird shit but nothing for the pov of fantasy land resident fucking up neets
>>
>>157158006
I Read like 1100 chapters of I Shall Seal The Heavens before realizing that it was the Novel version of a Clicker Game.
Automatically dropped it, still will not get my time back. Wuxia never more.
>>
>>157157736
No, you'd only have figurines of the hot girls in the series with disgusted faces.
Wish we got more mc figurines though
>>
Isn't the dragon in op just a massive weeaboo that spends all her time watching historical dramas and asked a bunch of dwarves to make a katana without actually explaining the stupid japanese sword smithing method?
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 870x1293px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 870x1293px
>Expect a thinly-veiled excuse for the author to write about his lactation fetish
>It's actually a fairly well-written isekai with great art, an MC that is manning up fast, no cheat abilities or videogame mechanics, and a world of technologically savvy fantasy races that have machineguns and rifles in their arsenal.
>Also delicious tits.

IT's a bit early to say, but this may really be the best isekai in recent memory.
>>
>>157158610
What is it?
Isekai that does something different from the usual medieval magic fantasy demon king shit is always nice to see.
>>
>>157154076
why did that goddess treat him so badly?
>>
>>157158610
that was garbage, unfortunately
lactation is great
>>
>>157158757
Nectar of Dharani. The MC was a little shitty the first couple chapters but it was understandable, and by the fifth he's changing himself quickly.
>>
>>157158848
What was?
>>
>>157156176
I would love an x com esque show/LN where the natives grab our tech to fight against us
>>
>>157154541
try this one
>TONDEMO SKILL DE ISEKAI HOUROU MESHI
the isekai protagonist is the party cook
>>
Why is isekai almost always in medieval fantasy worlds? Don't bring up muv-luv, that's just one.
Why noone ever gets isekai'd in an industrial world?
Or ancient not-rome, not-greece, not-china, etc.
>>
File: d026.jpg (225KB, 870x1293px) Image search: [Google]
d026.jpg
225KB, 870x1293px
>>157158610
Don't forget best girl.
>>
>>157159010
twelve kingdoms is fantasy china
>>
>>157159010
cause that's not cool
fantasy is cool and nips love dragon quest.
>>
File: B&H.png (292KB, 840x570px) Image search: [Google]
B&H.png
292KB, 840x570px
>>157154541
Now that you mention it, we almost got a (game) tactician MC in 12-beast, but the editor decided it was better if he was secretly a japanes highschool super ninja and it was changed for the serialized version.
>>
>>157159023
Wait...are those muskets the soldiers are holding?
Picked up.
>>
>>157159010
Because industrial worlds would require more extensive worldbuilding than "dragon quest lol", and an industrialized world would be less impressed by the MC's magic knowledge of how to make soy sauce.
>>
File: file.png (993KB, 975x1400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
993KB, 975x1400px
>>157159135
ELVEN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WOOOORLD
>>
>>157159153
Worldbuilding is easy though.
Just take different historical paths and account for different geography.
How refreshing it would be if someone would get isekai'd in industrial-age not-romanempire.
Have them be at war with not-china over resources of the new continent.
Shove in a french-revolution, because every industrial era story must have a revolution, and you're golden.
>>
>>157159312
It's easier to just skip it and say "videogames lol".
>>
>>157159135
dont bother
it's shit
>>
>>157159010
Try some Korean novels, those gooks love to mix in modern elements.
I'm still mad about that sword hero who blew his cover for coca cola.
>>
>>157156176
I was thinking of something like Isekai Hero vs Yuusha. Basically set the Isekai Hero to be the arch nemesis of the world's natural chosen one.
>>
>>157159414
korean shit is even worse than japanese isekai
>>
>>157159010
Because video games. Or rather, one specific video game.
>>
>>157159350
What is?
>>
>>157159578
Muskets are.
>>
File: 1396412688141.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396412688141.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>157159617
Fuck you, nigga
>>
File: 1483673178565.jpg (125KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483673178565.jpg
125KB, 1000x1000px
>>157159680
Get yourself a real weapon and stop dying.
>>
File: image.png (94KB, 441x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
94KB, 441x750px
>Try picking up Nigotta Hitomi no Lilianne because surprisingly few series have an isekai from the perspective of a baby
>Lilli is born blind, but can sense magical energy a la Daredevil - an interesting handicap for an isekai series
>Keep reading
>Chapters upon chapters of the MC detailing his practice of magical energy (temp) which does nothing right now except make words like Hunter X Hunter
>All world building is conveniently laid out by a fairy, leaving out any intrigue the MC's new world could have (why not build up to something unique, as the MC's blindness could always leave him surprised with new developments?)
>my consciousness flew (and other weird WN phrases)
>it's another generic fantasy world with beastmen, elves, dwarves, etc

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN
>>
>>157158610
>>157159023
>>157159293
>>157159350
At least we get a setting that looks like 400 years later than when every other isekai takes place.
It's not much, but it's something.
>>
>>157160388
Isekai is a shit genre for shit writers. Abandon any hope of any of it ever being good.
>>
>>157160514
Isekai is not a shit genre, but when a major part of the current crop of isekai stories come from Japan's fanfiction.net, then it's hardly surprising almost everything sucks major ass.
>>
>>157160514
yes, because every school setting ever is any better
>>
>>157160388
Bookworm has interesting take on world building, maybe I'm just a retard, but I completely missed one plot point being foreshadowed.

Though it goes in a weird direction.
>>
>>157154541
>inventors and tactician MC
Because then you get this
>7 high school students that got caught in an airplane accident wake up, in a middle age like fantasy different world where magic and beast-man (juujin) exist.

>But they do not panic at their current situation!?

>They build a nuclear plant in a world without electricity, they control the economy of a large city in a short work's trip, and finally for their benefactor's sake who are suffering from the misgoverment, they declare war on the evil nobles.

>So... none of them is a normal high school student, each of them are super human high school students that stand at the top of politics, economics, science and medicine!
>>
>>157156810
Unfortunately, upon entering our world, he loses his demonic powers and is forced to work part-time at a WcDonalds in order to survive.
>>
>>157160682
That one isn't even that bad right now, the only problem is the super politician white-haired heterochomic MC has done fuckall besides inventing Mayonnaise and building a hotspring.

Jewbro's adventures were good though.
>>
>>157155277
It goes to shit real fast so enjoy it while you can
>>
>>157160662
Highschool settings can be nuanced. Isekai nuance seems to exclusively be relegated to minor setting changes and different "Cheat powers" for the main character.
>>
>>157156176
>Brutal and cunning demon special ops agent takes out all the neet trash washing up in his world before they fuck it up with their otherworldly knowledge

How about instead the Demon shows up in our world and rallies all the Neets who have been abandoned by society to overthrow it and take back control? Lots of socio-political commentary opportunities between the Demon Lords common sense and the Neets who work with him, and people are complete suckers for that.
>>
>>157154541

They're really, really badly written.

Let's be frank: Unless you're a genius yourself, it's really hard to think of cunning and clever plans. If the MC's entire gimmick is "I invent shit" or "I'm really, really smart", it'd come off as contrived.

While not an isekai, the protagonist of Aldonah/Zero is a dude who has "I have access to wikipedia" as a superpower, defeating Super Robots with basic science and bullshit. It's as retarded as it sounds.

>>157158610

This is surprisingly good. Hot, too.
>>
>>157155272
I hate the little shit of main character.
>>
>>157160613
The baseline of the genre is wish fulfillment.
>what if I could restart my life that I made dumb decisions in in a [VIDEO GAME/SUSPICIOUSLY GENERIC FANTASY WORLD/ALTERNATE HISTORY] and have [A COOL POWER THAT MAKES ME THE BEST]
>>
How many isekai are there where the major plot revolves around mc constantly trying to get back?
>>
Guys you need to help me. What's a decent JP isekai for me to read? I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel so much I've broken through the bottom and am now digging at the barrel underneath, and all that's in there is Korean and Chinese webnovels.

On a side note, I've observed that for Koreans and to a lesser extent chinks, their meme weapon is the spear, as the katana is to nips.

Why is this?
>>
>>157156176

A really interesting isekai series is actually a Western novel, the Acts of Caine. In that one, the people sent to other worlds (just one other world, actually) are in fact highly trained professionals, who pose as 'adventurers'.

Basically, you'll learn how to fight and kill on earth, then they'll send you over there (with your adventures livestreamed to an audience) to have blood-soaked adventures in a gritty medieval setting. There's some pretty interesting gimmicks, like magic not in fact working on earth: you can't actually cast spells until you get to the Otherworld.

Also, while humans can become clerics, the Gods KNOW they're from Earth. One guy became a powerful Paladin, but he was always known as the Devil Knight (i.e. they think earthlings are demons.)
>>
>>157161031
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>157160832
>"Cheat powers" for the main character.

Why does no character in these ever has to fight or learn their powers? Why can't they be at a reasonable power level? I don't get why they always have to be ultra-OP since it means they are never challenged, nothing is ever dangerous. The whole story has no tension. It's just a ride to see what new "super dangerous" shows up next only to get BTFO instantly... And without the interesting commentary of OPM.
>>
>>157160989
>I only read the current crop of post-SAO garbage isekai, this means that's everything the genre has to offer.
>>
>>157161054
>implying /r/ boards know shit
Who else to ask but /a/? Also answer my question about the spear.
>>
>>157161108
/wsr/ was literally created for /a/, so that people like you would ask over there instead of here. Fuck off.
>>
>>157161092
What should I be reading then, because no isekai I have ever read has risen above "Okay" with the vast majority being relegated to "Irredeemable trash"
>>
>>157158610
>>157159023
>>157159293
>>157160938
>19th century setting
>gattling guns
Ok, I can forgive that.
>LITERALLY NOONE EVER RELOADS, RAMRODS OR ANYTHING
God damnit isekai-authors. At least take 5 minutes to google how the fuck the era you're trying to portray actually looked like.
>>
>>157161151
Stuff that came out before SAO is a decent bet. Escaflowne is an amazing anime and it's pure isekai.
>>
>>157161085

> Why does no character in these ever has to fight or learn their powers? Why can't they be at a reasonable power level?

I completely get you, but it's worth pointing out that anyone who has to 'learn to fight' is fucked. You will never, ever be able to learn how to fight as well as a native of the world, who has years more experience.

Like, you may learn how to swing a sword around after six months of training. But a knight will have spent ten years learning the way of the sword, and magic, and he's probably killed people before. You will have the shit slapped out of your mouth.

It's bullshit, but super powers are the only reason why you wouldn't get curbstomped. I mean, unless you can fart lightning bolts or you have 'special' magic, you'll get anally reamed in every fight ever.

To give a good example, it's like getting fencing lessons for six months, then having to fight Slave Knight Gael from Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>157161213
>how the fuck the era you're trying to portray actually looked like
>how ... like
This bothers me every time people do it.
It's either "how", or it's "what ... like". Don't mix the two up.
>>
>>157161147
>/wsr/ was literally created for /a/
Barely any of the threads in the catalog are /a/ related. Neck yourself, faggot. I'm not interested in sitting in an empty thread for hours for a reply that may or may not come.

Now are you going to discuss why non-nip isekai has the katana meme replaced with a spear meme, or are you going to continue bitching about my question?
>>
>>157161338
>I'm not interested in sitting in an empty thread for hours for a reply that may or may not come.
Then start a new trend there by answering other people's requests. /wsr/ is only shit because people like you are shit.
>>
>>157161313
So, "like" can't be used in a question, since how defines it?
>>
>>157161387
/wsr/ is shit because no one has any reason to go there unless they want something answered, so It's a low-population board where most people don't know shit.
>>
>>157161387
I'm not about to take responsibility for a board I never visit. Now stop it with the off topic shit.
>>
File: img000011.png (846KB, 874x1236px) Image search: [Google]
img000011.png
846KB, 874x1236px
>You are 43 years old and get teleported to a new world
>Cheat abilities and all dat shit
>Your first party has an oppai loli and a tsundere elf loli
>They are getting smashed by the paladin every night in a threesome

Legit made me fucking mad and I don't know why.
>>
>>157161027
_____________SAO___________
>>
>>157159153
>an industrialized world would be less impressed by the MC's magic knowledge of how to make soy sauce.
I laughed.
>>
>>157161496

Why? You're not entitled to the girls just because you're the Chosen One. I mean, look at the Paladin! He's hot, he's big on honor and nobility, and he has a six-pack.

I'd fuck him. I'd fuck him so hard.
>>
>>157161426
In this context, the like is used as a comparison, but you are not comparing anything. That's why the like doesn't belong there.
>What it is like.
In this phrasing, the what is a placeholder for whatever you are comparing the [it] to. You have two objects and you are verifying if they are a"like".
>How it is.
In this phrasing you are asking for a description. You don't need a like, because there is nothing to liken it to in your sentence.
>>
>>157154686
It's a shame that almost all of them seem to think that the world is so easily revolutionalized technologically.
Spread of technology is ultimately pretty slow if you don't have a highly educated workforce and investors willing to put money on reverse engineering your technology or people actively spreading it.

Like take a medieval setting and the guy brings in muskets to the play.
You've got only like a couple of smiths around with the skillset to potentially replicate the weapon itself down to the lock mechanism and maybe a fraction of your alchemists which in itself are pretty rare too that might be able to replicate the powder.

If there's no great war like the hundred years war that is pushing to pursue projectile weapons that can be produced without relying on the dwindling quantities materials that bows and crossbows can be made from, such as yew, then it is highly unlikely that there is a great demand for your revolutionary weapons until their tactical advantage is proven in the field.

Many people will be interested in guns purely from a novelty standpoint but very few armies will be interested in throwing away all their existing ranged weapons in favour of gunpowder weaponry when they already have an infastructure built around supporting their current way of war.
Overhauling most of your military force is an extremely expensive process which will piss a lot of people off.
>>
>>157161496
Don't worry, it's not like he'd fuck them either because despite the fact that he asked for healing skills to be able to fuck otherworlders without fear of STD's, he won't fuck anyone who isn't a virgin.

Tanaka is garbage.
>>
>>157161496
MC's head looks too big in some of the pages. And his body is as slender as a bishonen. He's supposed to be in his forties, dammit.
>>
>>157161594
Faggot.
>>
>>157161617
Ah, I get it. Thanks.
>>
>>157161617
Seems I learn something new every day on this website.
>>
>>157161282
>I completely get you, but it's worth pointing out that anyone who has to 'learn to fight' is fucked. You will never, ever be able to learn how to fight as well as a native of the world, who has years more experience.

On the other hand, a modern upbringing and nutrition gets you a pretty solid IQ and body advantage. You'd be the equivalent of the child of someone very rich, and possibly better. So you'd have a lot more potential than the average joe. Not even an exaggeration. Even in our modern world, western diet and upbringing gives the average Indian who was born here a 15 point IQ boost and a few inches of height over his contemporaries still living in India.

If you give your isekai character some background of casual martial arts and sports, it would be enough of a base to learn fairly well. The biggest wall past that is to actually do violence and kill another person. So make them fight monsters, I guess.
>>
>>157161658

I may be a faggot, but I have standards.
>>
>>157161496
>Isekai aventures of a cuck
Kek sounds like one man's fantasy and his entire audience's rage fuel

Is the paladin a bro or a dick?
>>
>>157161861
Going by the manga, he seems like the standard nice guy
>>
>>157161861
I read that part of the novel, the guy seemed alright but he was basically busy fucking his hot teammates (understandable) when monsters attacked the village they were staying at, so they caught him with his pants down, literally. Tanaka had to clean up the mess.
>>
>>157161791

Yeah, but - on average - most people don't train for combat. Like, my country has compulsory National Service, and I lost roughly twenty kilograms over the course of six months. Even then, I barely meet the requirements.

You need magic as an equalizer, and even then it's hard. A good example is Grimgar: All of the adventurers have a crash-course in combat, but they don't have a chance to master the skills in their entirety. They're just taught the very basics (i.e. "Anger" is a sword-thrust, "Swat" is a parry).

The one guy who knows how to fight, Reiji (who, interestingly enough, is not with the protagonists) is a powerhouse precisely because he apparently comes from an extremely violent background.
>>
>>157161496
>paladin
>polygamy
>semipublic indecency
What God is he sworn to?
>>
>>157161594
I think the real issue is why is that cuck even tagging along with them in the first place?
>>
>>157161953
>Tanaka had to clean up the mess.
You know this takes on en entirely different meaning when on one hand you've got a cuck and on the other you've got two girls who've been messed up by some hot dude's cock.

I'll just assume you meant that he had to clean up the monster mess
>>
>>157161791
>>157161959

There's also the fact that many isekai, especially chinese ones, have the MC working for his powerlevel, but it's usually just as bad or worse than just getting a cheat because it makes everyone in the world to be retards who couldn't figure out the stupid shit the MC does to train his superpowers.
>>
>>157162014

He's an adventurer. He wanted to join a group. The trio already had a pre-existing relationship before he came along.
>>
>>157162038
You assume right but that was funny.

Later he meets up with one of the girls in some academy, apparently she was the rich daughter of some noble or something and she certainly shouldn't have been having threesomes with young handsome heroes in the middle of nowhere.

Too bad it went to complete shit very soon after.
>>
>>157155830
Who told you that? It gets better as it goes.
>>
>>157162052

As a Chinese, I haven't actually seen any Chinese isekai. But they're probably extremely bad.

To be fair, really early stories like, say, John Carter had the protagonist be more of the 'action hero' type. John Carter was a war veteran before he found out he had superpowers on Mars.

In Narnia (for example), the kids are entirely out of their depth, but God's got their back. They don't fight much, either.
>>
>>157162052

But why does he need SUPER powers? Why can't he compete on an equal footing and use his modern knowledge for a slight edge for him and his comrades or something? Isn't it more entertaining if he's challenged than if he crushes the competition?
>>
>>157162012
Allah.
>>
>>157162122
Princess of Mars is pretty solid isekai. The movie was surprisingly good, I don't know what Disney was thinking renaming it to "John Carter".
>>
>>157162105
I'll hold on to those words. There's no harem and mayo yet, so far so good.
>>
>>157161617
Isn't "How it's like" a proper construction in Black English?
Maybe he is just trying to fit in with his bl/a/ck friends.
>>
>>157162193
Because most isekai are wish fulfillment or power fantasies or both. I mean, I agree with you, it's just simply a low-hanging fruit for amateur writers.
>>
>>157162193

It'd be a lot more interesting, but - let's be honest - I really don't think modern knowledge is much of an advantage if you're in a gritty medieval world.

I mean, I don't really see how it helps if you had to fight a boss from Dark Souls. Gee, I'm sure my college degree will save me from the rusty machete in my guys.
>>
>>157161959
>Yeah, but - on average - most people don't train for combat.

The character in a story is very rarely "average". Even when they're sold to you as an everyman average joe, they end up getting a bullshit power. So you might as well give him a decent background to help your story make sense without overpowering him. Military training would be a decent thing too. Gives you good physique, some CQC, some knowledge, but since you don't have guns, you don't have your "main advantage". Or you can start with a gun and some bullets to get you established and survive the early parts, but you gotta learn and get better past that point.
>>
>>157161621
This

writes are too dumb to realize how complex the science behind simple revolver is and why its impossible to make with medieval tech. Same reason why they dont understand challenge behind the logistics of mass manufacturing of small arms.

Writers or their consumers are too dumb for that
>>
>>157162300

That's a very, very different story from one featuring an everyman. It sounds more like the series >>157161033 mentioned, where the protagonists are specifically trained for it.
>>
>>157162278
>I really don't think modern knowledge is much of an advantage if you're in a gritty medieval world.

It would be huge in getting yourself support tough. Knowing how to make electricity, modern agriculture techniques, medicines, hygiene, biological knowledge, gunpowder, firearms. Hell, indoor plumbing.

All things you can monetize or trade for support, good will, equipment, etc.
>>
search for the dude that tried making his very own toaster
>>
>>157162278
>>157162193
Speaking of knowledge from the modern world:

Try reading Isekai Tensei Sudoku.
The MC is a bit of an amalgam soul: basically a boy in the fantasy world with magic and shit got souljacked by 2 souls from a different world: but they all share the body, or perhaps the memories shaped the personality of the boy.
So the boy is strong, but not overpowered, because his mother is an incredible mercenary who trained him since a young age, and because one of his souls is the soul of an old samurai warrior. And he is smart, because the other soul is from a university student who's hobby was watching documentaries on a ton of stuff, so he uses the knowledge to introduce certain techniques and technologies into the world and make a shitton of money for it.

It's pretty good so far.
>>
>>157162461
What does the sudoku in the title stands for?
>>
>>157162423
>implying it wouldn't get you burned at the stake for witchcraft.

Not to mention, just because you know shit doesn't mean people will believe it. The scientist who developed germ theory was basically pushed out of the medical community and ridiculed because doctors didn't want to believe they'd been killing their patients by not washing their hands. I believe his theory only became widely accepted after his death.

>>157162565
Soudouki, sudoku, something like that.
>>
>>157162193
>for a slight edge
Modern knowledge only gives a fringe edge in very particular fields.
You underestimate the past.
A modern professional chess player would be able to defeat past professional chess players.
A modern professional mathematician would be able to show off in the past.
A modern high school kid would not be able to impress anyone because their skills are limited and hollow (as in, they can't prove the stuff they "know"), but more importantly because they never learned how to behave in a feudal society.
>>
>>157162423

Do you know all of that? If I dropped you into a fantasy world with what you were carrying now, how far would you get?

I mean, you'd be fucked. I know I'd probably be stabbed and bleed out in a matter of days, if I didn't starve. Not to mention, if you're in the kind of world where you have to fight, your knowledge is even more useless.

I mean, your current problem is that there are skeletons, fucking skeletons, coming from everywhere, and the only weapon at hand is a broken sword you don't know how to use. (At the same time, the fantasy world might not run on Earth's physics. Germ theory might be inaccurate in a universe where there's healing magic.)
>>
>>157162461
Shame its so infrequent
>>
>>157162675
I want my regular dose of dogtits goddamn.
>>
>>157162193
modern knowledge about what?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x900px
A new isekai series has join the mix
some guy reincarnated as a loli vampire
>>
>>157162423
>Electricity
What are you going to use it for?
>modern agricultural techniques
Haber–Bosch process is the backbone and virtually no everyman knows about it.
>Medicine,hygiene
The best you can get is not having shitting streets. The rest of modern medicine is indecipherable chemicals.
>biological knowledge
Again what are you going to do with it
>gunpowder, firearms
great, start a world war in your first year
>indoor plumbing
prepare to be stabbed in the dick because you don't actually know how big to make the pipes when they are stone instead of shiny steel everything backs up and people just go back to pot shitting
>>
>>157157215
Just make it with a "Life is so unfair" bs story. Lots of isekai stories start like that, then mc bounces back and become OP. So just imitate the formula, hinting at a change later on.

Then, you make him fail miserably and say "The end". Haha, I rused you all. Pat yourself on the back.

Also, he said 3 chapter, no need for a fanbase nor time to build one. Just bait the usual crowd into reading it.
>>
>>157162423
>Knowing how to make electricity,
Only very limited knowledge in most people, and only very limited electricity. And what are you going to do with the electricity once you have it?
When people first found out how to produce it, they used it as a party gag and little else.
>modern agriculture techniques,
First you'd need serious funds and time to prove that they are even worth a damn.
>medicines,
You'd need enormous funds, also enormous authority for your experiments and finally time to prove your theories right. This is nothing that a nobody could make use of.
>hygiene,
Again, time and authority.
>biological knowledge,
Funds, authority, time. And more importantly, technological know-how to make the necessary tools.
>gunpowder, firearms.
Gunpowder has been known for a long time. Before that, they had explosive powders and combustible fluids. While you might be able to revolutionize the battlefields somewhat if you go into the very remote past, it wouldn't be by much. Producing good firearms is more difficult than you think, especially when your gunpowder is shit.
Hell, indoor plumbing.
>>
what about release the witch?
>>
>>157156176
Boo Boo is somewhat like that. It's the fantasy world that is fucking over everything and the people traveling over are situational at best.
>>
>>157160770
It doesn't get bad, it just slows down.
It becomes more about the main characters slow descent downwards and his growing lack of empathy.
>>
>>157162832
Does she masturbate to herself in the mirror every day?
Is she using every chance to fondle other girls?
>>
>>157162845
>The rest of modern medicine is indecipherable chemicals.
And half of them don't work better than placebo.
>>
File: elsee.jpg (119KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
elsee.jpg
119KB, 848x1200px
>>157162832
If I remember right, the LN for this was actually quite good.
>>
>>157159480
Amen. Most can't write

And baka, China manages to be even worse.
>>
>>157163004
>vampire
>mirror
>>
>>157163141
Japanese vampires are usually different, they are some kind of a blood sucking elf variant.
>>
>reading arifureta manga
>goes from sissy to fucking doomguy edgelord in less than 5 chapters
please tell me he stays edgemode all the way? i'm love with this trash.
>>
>>157162921
No need to give such a thorough answer. If he's so retarded that he can't understand that knowledge of something existing is not equivalent to knowing how to develop and implement it, then he's not going to understand your response anyway. He's going to be just like the rest of the jap authors who handwave everything and just write something like, "Faggot-kun told everyone to rotate these crops in a specific order, everyone was surprised at his genius knowledge and there was immediately a bumper crop" Which of course is right up there with, "of course the people of the world knew rice existed, but none of them had ever figured out it was edible until Faggot-kun made them delicious white rice with soy sauce and eggs with mayo!"
>>
>>157154541
>so rare
They're not actually. Just not that many have been translated that feature them or at least the 'tactician' part.
Kuro no senki's MC is basically that- General/tactician though the TL is unreadable.
>>
>>157163192
>please tell me he stays edgemode all the way? i'm love with this trash.
He turns into the edgy male version of tsundere.
>>
>>157163192

What I find really funny is that they even sent him into combat. The series should've been, realistically, "I was forced to stay back at the base crafting shit, while everyone else was having adventure. Then the alpha-male of the group fucked my childhood friend in front of me."
>>
Okay /a/, you have one month and 500k in US dollars to prepare yourself for a one way trip to your standard isekai
What do you bring? anything short of dirty bombs and bioweapons is game.
>>
>>157163398
A rope to hang myself.
>>
>>157163398
I print out the /a/ archive.
I don't want to live without you guys.
>>
>>157159010
Because a medieval generic fantasy( Thanks Tolkien-chan) world>>>>>>>>>everything else
This is but a simple fact and Japs simply showed their superior taste once again.
>>
>>157163398

My chainsaw I guess.
>>
>>157163398
Dildos and tengas to sell in the new world
>>
>>157163584
Tolkien's world has little to do with generic anime fantasy.
Don't blame the old man.
>>
>>157163004
Of course not, who'd masturbate to the sight of an empty bathroom? Besides tile fetish guy?
>>
>>157163584
>blaming tokien when its dragon quest that poisoned the well
>>
>>157163432
You don't need to hang yourself we have prepared truck-kun and given him your picture and information about where you cross streets.
>>
>>157155191
>A Nobody

>Literally in the process of becoming a God, literally tell you Tomoe only joined knowing if he had no companions to help him not be apathetic to the world it would have perished.

MC is literally borderline sociopath why do you think in his real world his tutor never let him enter tournaments for archery.
>>
>>157163398
6 gorillion cartons of mayonnaise
>>
File: Inflation-Adjusted-Gold-Price.png (92KB, 628x396px) Image search: [Google]
Inflation-Adjusted-Gold-Price.png
92KB, 628x396px
>>157163398
>>157163398
gold for money and artificial diamonds for big purchases

few aks and glocks which makes maintenance easier as I can scavenge parts. Required equipment to make ammo myself. Il get metals and required chemical mixtures from the world

Books about crop the guns and other stuff that can make a buck.

Il use the gold to fuel my investments while guns provide self defense
>>
>>157163584
You a retard
>>
>>157163398

Basically, guns and a lot of ammunition.

Remember that you will never, ever get any reloads.
>>
>>157163398
My laptop, a projector and screen, and a hard drive containing capeshit movies. Probably speakers too.
>>
>>157163715
Wait really? he doesn't strike me as a fuck this world type of guy.

I do hope he gets to whack that goddess in the head, no reason being a dick to him like that.
>>
>>157163875
No power supply?

>capeshit
Why?
>>
>>157163875

Why? It'd take you only a week at best to run out of electricity, and then you're out for good.
>>
>>157163932
>>157163947
Shit, I forgot. Serves me right for taking electricity for granted.
>>
>>157163922
We only get to see it in the alternate timeline chapters through his dreams.

It was pretty obvious once I looked back.

>Thrown into your death into a waste land
>Still barely react all you say is "Darn you goddess I'll get you for this!"
>>
>>157163922
Just read the WN. The author does a decent job establishing him as a vague, directionless sociopath (who still faints when exposed to sexual situations because jap MCs have to be fucking faggots, of course). It's still shit, but at least the characters in the story acknowledge that MC has brain problems.
>>
>>157162976
>Slows down
It's already fucking slow
>>
>>157163398
A generator I cannot mantain that'll fail me in a year, my PC for animu, a fridge, a few fans and a few lights.
>>
>>157161496
Doesn't he steal both of them from the paladin?
>>
>>157164192
No, he is a true betazoid.
>>
>>157163715
>why do you think in his real world his tutor never let him enter tournaments for archery.
Because he was too good.
>>
>>157161031
Overlord and Dungeon Defense.
>>
>>157164071
>>Thrown into your death into a waste land
>>Still barely react all you say is "Darn you goddess I'll get you for this!"
That's more of a reaction than 70% of isekai protagonists manage.

>>157164073
>Just read the WN.
I tried, the translation is some nigh-unreadable garbage.
>>
>>157162193
In the end he'll still be a gary stu and have plot armor, a powerless mc will die in the first vol.
>>
>>157163398
Gold
>>
>>157164419
>not opium
Have you learned nothing from England?
>>
>>157164251
Nah he does, but then she loses her memories and goes back to the paladin. Well, not like he cared, she wasn't a virgin.
>>
>>157164370
Already read both
>>
>>157164739
Hows dungeon defense?
>>
>>157164663
Which one does he steal?
>>
>>157164783
Chuuni as fuck, but fairly entertaining.
>>
>>157164783
Good with a dash of Edge. The translator is solid and the MC is keikaku
>>
>>157154076
>Mio and Tomoe leveled a town leaving only a handful of survivors
>No one fucking cared

Huh?
>>
>>157165033
It was a shitty town anyway
>>
>>157163398
"Standard isekai"?
Why would I bring anything?
I'm probably going to be handed a set of retardedly OP cheat skills that will let me reproduce anything I want anyways, except even better because magic.
>>
File: f020.jpg (199KB, 728x1034px) Image search: [Google]
f020.jpg
199KB, 728x1034px
posting best ongoing isekai
>>
>>157163398
a dakimakura of that world's waifu, teaching the savages how to mass produce them so that i can achieve world peace through waifus
>>
>>157165179
>smiles to protect.pjg
>>
>>157165179
>Tarou was just an ordinary university student until a strange old magician summoned him to another world. Upon learning that his newly acquired magical power is 8 million (8 million more powerful than an average magician), he uses his abnormally powerful magic to revive the old man that caused all this... in the form of a frog. Thus begin the strange adventures of a boy with ridiculous magical power and Kawazu, the former strongest magician, now revived as a frog.
Well it's not like I was doing anything productive anyways. Picked up.
>>
>>157164789
Not the loli mage. Was the other one a knight type? Her.
>>
>>157165033
more of a outpost than actual town
rip in peace for the adventure guild girl tho
>>
>>157165033
Those who knew were the psycho mc and the two girls who wanted to escape anyway. The other crew were mindwiped to not care.
>>
>>157165480
Wow, that's some prime shit taste
>>
>>157162845
>>Electricity
>What are you going to use it for?

Heating and lighting are the easiest ones. All they require is pieces of metal to resist your current to generate both heat and light.

>The rest of modern medicine is indecipherable chemicals.

No, it's knowledge of human anatomy, which you'd be surprise how much of a recent thing this is because of religious taboos against dissections.

>biological knowledge
Again what are you going to do with it.

Same as above. Knowledge of anatomy, virus, germs and bacteria. You don't even need to know exactly how it all works. If they have glass, or you know how to make it (which you should) you can make microscopes to show it to the wisest people in that world. It'll get them started on the path.

>>157162845
>stone instead of shiny steel

It's actually clay. You make sections of clay pipes that you then fit together. Also we don't make pipes out of shiny steel. Before we made them out of plastic, we made pipes out of copper for the inlets, cast iron for the drains.
>>
>>157164073
I actually like that one of Makoto's defining traits is apathy. Watching him casually beat up a demigod or microwaving a guy always gives me a kick. Its a pity his character hasn't come through at all in the manga.
>>
>>157165033
>All those guild qts dead

Not fucking cool, author man.
>>
>>157162648
>If I dropped you into a fantasy world with what you were carrying now, how far would you get?

I personally would get pretty far, because I do anthropological recreations, specifically of native american agriculture and animal processing and hunting.
>>
>>157165575
He feels like a cool harmless guy, given his attitude with the moon god
>>
>>157154541
Except they're not? Inventor and tactician MCs is one of the most common templates in isekai actually. Practically every MC does a little bit of both at some point.

I mean, just look at the MCs of the some of the most popular isekai, Mushoku Tensei and Konosuba. Both of them are the strategists of their parties and create inventions based on modern world knowledge to sell/use.

Inventing random shit is one of the most common filler to be found in isekai next to cooking.
>>
>>157165535
The "psycho MC" can't even leave some pig slut to die, and I'm supposed to believe he felt nothing about an entire population of innocent people?
>>
>>157165665
Because he had a debt to her
>>
>>157165665
He gives a shit about those he knows personally but largely doesn't care about wholesale slaughter of strangers.
>>
File: 116-117.jpg (1MB, 1478x2141px) Image search: [Google]
116-117.jpg
1MB, 1478x2141px
I unironically enjoy this one. Even though it's a shitty game isekai, there's just tons of game mechanic and game mechanic abuse, fun tidbits about the original game and how assholish the devs were, and just the absurdity and unfairness of the world.
>>
>>157163283
>"Faggot-kun told everyone to rotate these crops in a specific order, everyone was surprised at his genius knowledge and there was immediately a bumper crop"

Interesting fact: All of the high yield native american crops were available in Europe, but were never bred like they were in America. Potatoes, tomatoes, corn, squashes. All of these were available to Europeans but they never made use of them until they got to the Americas.

Knowing the potential of the Nightshade would be a huge boon to medieval European farmers. Much more foodstuff variety, less vulnerability to famines due to higher crop variety.
>>
>>157165794
He had barely spoken to her and was already considering fighting to save her from sacrifice.
>>
>>157165835
I'd love to see an isekai MC attempt to cultivate the modern potato to bring an agricultural revolution only for it to bite him in the ass several decades down the line when everyone has adopted the potato as a mainstay crop and they all die off due to disease and Irish potato famine 2.0 occurs.
>>
>>157165905
She was the first person he had met in days of wandering alone and she offered him food and shelter and taught him magic.
>>
>>157165979
Please don't. Potato People was already shitty enough to read.
>>
>>157165979
>I'd love to see an isekai MC attempt to cultivate the modern potato

It would take quite a while to get something usable out of wild nightshade, like decades. But it would be worth it in the end. Especially since you'd let monks or something do it, they've got the time and patience to work on cross breeding like this. I know because they're the ones that did most of it in our world. Wasn't Mendel a monk? Fuck just giving out Mendel's observations to farmers and monk would be a HUGE leap forward in agriculture for any sort of medieval setting.
>>
>>157165560
>Heating
>with electricity
>when you have shit tier power generation and insulation
That's retarded.
>lighting
Light bulbs are difficult to make when you have medieval tools. If you're just going to run electricity through thick slices of metal, you're going to waste lots and lots of electricity for some dim light.
In short, NO.

>Knowledge of anatomy,
>You don't even need to know exactly how it all works.
You evidently don't know how it works.

Educate yourself.
>>
>>157166031
No, he was considering it before they went to her town.
>>
>>157165560
>Heating and lighting are the easiest ones. All they require is pieces of metal to resist your current to generate both heat and light.
Good luck convincing people to go through the huge trouble of laying down an electrical grid so your fancy-ass "electrical lights" can function when oil lamps are already perfectly usable.
>If they have glass, or you know how to make it (which you should) you can make microscopes to show it to the wisest people in that world. It'll get them started on the path.
Ah, yes, because every medieval glass maker has a modern lens machining workshop available to create microscopes with enough magnification power and fidelity to view bacteria with any sort of detail.
>>
>>157166283
>you're going to waste lots and lots of electricity for some dim light.

Why the fuck do you care about "wasting" electricity if you have nothing else to use it on? All you'd be doing is building a simple generator off a water or windmill being used for something else anyway. Whatever you do with that power is essentially free compared to letting all that sweet rotation energy unused. Of course that requires you getting your hands on some magnetite and copper wire. Light and heating would require some tungsten, or it's unpure versions.

Plus once you've introduced the idea of electricity, others are going to run with it and build off it.

>>157166283
>>You don't even need to know exactly how it all works.

Nothing a modern person knows can be worst than the retarded ideas Humanity has had over the years about anatomy. Like the fucking "humors".
>>
I picked up the manga but I'm sad that it just started, the WN is just common terribly written shit so I couldn't read further to calm down my interest on what happens next.

>>157165594
Yeah, this bothered me so much and it hasn't been addressed in the manga. The qt from the guild who registered them was just wiped out.
>>
>>157166414
>Ah, yes, because every medieval glass maker has a modern lens machining workshop available to create microscopes with enough magnification power and fidelity to view bacteria with any sort of detail.

>It was Antony Van Leeuwenhoek (1632-1723), a Dutch draper and scientist, and one of the pioneers of microscopy who in the late 17th century became the first man to make and use a real microscope.

>Van Leeuwenhoek achieved greater success than his contemporaries by developing ways to make superior lenses, grinding and polishing a small glass ball into a lens with a magnification of 270x, the finest known at that time

Grinding a glass ball with great care got him 270X magnification off a single lens. You need about 400X to start seeing bacteria, and compounding the 270X lenses should get you that.

I think a lot of people here are underestimating how dumb humanity was for a long period of time. Or if not dumb, at least... single minded, let's call it.
>>
>>157166605
>Why the fuck do you care about "wasting" electricity if you have nothing else to use it on
Because you could be doing something else with your time and money instead of building an incredibly shitty science fair project?

Unless you want to dedicate the rest of your life to spreading the joys and wonders of the incandescent lightbulb to the unenlightened folks. In which case, go ahead.
>>
>>157163398
Tons of math, science and food books all stored in my special custom made $450K giant truck that runs on gas and electricity with 10K worth of fuel stored in the back.
>>
>>157166869
Boku no pico
>>
File: dinner with slaves.png (61KB, 276x577px) Image search: [Google]
dinner with slaves.png
61KB, 276x577px
>>157166869
Shieldbro? If you havent read it
>>
>>157166887
Nice try fag, fairy episode is absolute shit
>>
>>157166605
>Why the fuck do you care about "wasting" electricity if you have nothing else to use it on?
Because you have to generate it first. It's a huge fucking waste. Electricity is not free.

>All you'd be doing is building a simple generator off a water
Even in a city by the river, most houses are not exactly next to the river. You'd need first a big power plant for them, and then to get the electricity over to their places. This is an enormous amount of work to set up and an enormous amount of work to maintain, all at a really shitty efficiency. It's much easier to just have standard fire heating inside the houses.

>others are going to run with it and build off it.
Yeah, just like the ancient Greeks used their steam engine to build trains, right?
You need an infrastructure and a general technologized country to make use of certain things.
Efficient use of electricity is not really an option in the middle ages. Inefficient use of electricity is rather pointless.

>Nothing a modern person knows can be worst than the retarded ideas Humanity has had over the years about anatomy.
And nothing you say to them will convince you to just let you do your shit. You have no authority. You have no skills. All you have is the conviction that they are wrong.
Guess what. There were people back then too who thought that they were wrong. That doesn't just magically make things right.
>>
>>157166795
Leeuwenhook was iterating off of tools and techniques that already existed. A far cry from crawling from the low end of the tech tree all by yourself.
>>
>>157166922
Oh yeah I'm caught up on the manga for shieldbro. I actually liked it enough to try reading the ln but eh
>>
>>157166795
>(1632-1723)
Guess why it didn't happen in 1000 AD?
>>
File: newchap.png (786KB, 874x1236px) Image search: [Google]
newchap.png
786KB, 874x1236px
Who thought this was ok tu put this in an isekai ?
>>
>>157166795
>I think a lot of people here are underestimating how dumb humanity was for a long period of time.
I think you are underestimating how human achievements are working together like bricks inside a wall. When you leave out a few rows of bricks, you can't just place the next bricks on empty air.
>>
If they can make glass, it's not that hard to make bulbs desu, I've done them myself. They are going to be dim but it werks. But personally my first interest would be to find what it's their automation like. Depending on their level of automation I would compare their technological knowledge against ours.
You'd need to see if they know about the print, glass making, gas, metallurgy, mills, the use of wheels/gears, math, etc.
You're as strong as your weakest link, so any deficiency in any basic area is going to hamper your advances towards automation.
>>
File: img000018.jpg (317KB, 950x1351px) Image search: [Google]
img000018.jpg
317KB, 950x1351px
Could have picked any weapon and this guy chooses a pipe. At least it's a mithril pipe.
>>
>>157154076
>general
>general about some shitty cancerous trend
Great, /a/ is just doing great!
>>
>>157167175
As a DF player, this hurts my soul
>>
>>157167175
Is this the one where the delinquent is loved by spirits?
>>
>>157167025
>You have no authority. You have no skills. All you have is the conviction that they are wrong.

And a lack of religious taboos. If you have an iota of drawing ability, do your own dissections, draw all the results in a book, copy them a few time, hand them out to colleges of medicine or their equivalent. With any luck, some of them won't outright reject it.
>>
>>157167175
It's a traditional Yankee weapon, after all
>>
I dropped grimgar, where is it now? are they still going through more parallel worlds?
>>
>>157167241
That only requires fuck ton of time which you dont have as youre trying to survive in a hostile world
>>
>>157167215
Yeah, why couldn't he just throw giant glass sawblades. They're so cheap and powerful.
>>
>>157167241
>And a lack of religious taboos.
Christians started dissections in the 13th century or earlier. Your ideas are not special.
>>
>>157167121
>When you leave out a few rows of bricks, you can't just place the next bricks on empty air.

But you're not laying them on empty air. You're laying them on the bricks of what you know, which are things that weren't known. Obviously you won't be able to lay bricks equivalent to the row we're on now, but your foundation should be higher than the average of humanity a thousand years ago. At least if you're moderately educated.
>>
>everyone assuming that you're going to have to re-invent the wheel the good old fashioned way
>implying you can't skip all the hard steps with magic like every fucking isekai MC that does this shit ends up doing
Which always begs the question, if magic trivializes the progression of technology of this much then why was the other world still a medieval shithole before the special snowflake MC got isekai'd into it?
>>
File: Konjiki no wordmaster.png (2MB, 1100x1580px) Image search: [Google]
Konjiki no wordmaster.png
2MB, 1100x1580px
Reading through this was painful.

The MC doesn't care about anyone just himself which isn't terrible, but he shits on every single person he meets. Also starts getting a loli harem who he shits on. He only cares about sightseeing and food.
>>
>>157167317
>You're laying them on the bricks of what you know,
No, that's the thing you don't understand. Your limited knowledge IS the new brick you are trying to add to the wall.
What you lack in the middle ages is the technology to make proper use of this knowledge.
You can make a few gizmos, but that's it.
>>
>>157167321
If you aren't an idiot, it's because magic trivializes the progression of technology for the rich and educated

The poor and uneducated have no means of advancing technology and no magic
>>
>>157167298
Aren't weapon trap RIP in the current version?
>>
>>157167302
>13th century or earlier.

Try mid 16th with "On the fabric of the human body".
>>
>>157167235
Yeah, it's entertaining enough. It's definitely standard isekai, but I think it has charm with how the mc acts.
>>
Reminder that medieval knowledge about math, engineering,metalurgy and practical chemistry is miles ahead of a highschool student.

Best way you can help the world is to make up a chemistry table or basic physics including electricity. Its actually impossible to do the latter however
>>
>>157167459
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissection#Christian_Europe
>>
>>157167321
>Which always begs the question, if magic trivializes the progression of technology of this much then why was the other world still a medieval shithole before the special snowflake MC got isekai'd into it?
Because magic is rare and/or MC's unique cheat brand magic is what let's him shit out all those inventions and nobody else has access to it.
>>
>>157167056
You should start from where the manga left off which is vol 5. Vol 6 might feel like a bit of filler but vol 7 makes up for it
>>
>>157167321
Having the tools doesn't mean you automatically progress. You also need someone or some groups to be able to know how to use the tools in order to progress.
The chinese had fireworks but no guns for example.
The romans had fractions but were absolute retards about non natural numbers.
The mayans or whatever there had a lot of knowledge but were stuck in even worse shit.
Etc.
Also, we had fire, water, and metals for a very long time, yet we had to wait a stupid amount of time for the steam machine to be implemented.
>>
You know, one thing you could easily introduce to an isekai world is the idea of control studies.

For like 50 years the scientific revolution didn't pay off as far as actually leading to technological innovation. Most incremental improvement came from random walk empiricism.

But just the notion of quantifying and comparing results would revolutionize medicine at least.
>>
File: bunimi.jpg (410KB, 1098x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bunimi.jpg
410KB, 1098x1536px
I like Bu ni Mi.
Every characters are battle addict.
>>
>>157167381
maybe he just doesn't like loli and prefers older sisters or cakes
>>
>>157167529
The Christian medieval Europe was really the best place for science to be born.
The church being a separate international entity outside of immediate jurisdiction and the individual countries vying for independence and glory were the best conditions for natural philosophers to come up with the craziest ideas, and the "no thinking too deeply about God" edict focused them on the stuff that actually could be figured out.
And later people painted it as the worst anti-science hell-hole imaginable.
>>
>>157167486
But you're a university student at least right? You cannot be underage here. If you have a degree you should be miles ahead in that field.
If you have no degree you're still better educated than most people anyway, sure, there were a few educated people with good grasp on math and the like, but it's not the math we know today for example.
You'd be able to do algebra better than most, and if you understand the basic concept of calculus you're still better than a lot of people who did it back then, because their math wasn't as synthesized as we know it today.
>>
The best isekai doesn't come from Japan
>>
>>157167495
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissection#Christian_Europe

This pretty much confirms what I said though? It was barely done and rarely for informative purposes until you get to Vesalius.
>>
>>157167634
>Bu ni Mi.
I thought this was time skip reincarnation not isekai.
>>
>>157167529
>yet we had to wait a stupid amount of time for the steam machine to be implemented
Steam was ACTUALLY implemented in B.C.
but nobody gave a flying fuck since they had slavery to balance supply and demand.
Accumulators holding electric charge were found in crypts of Egypt too.
>>
>>157161282
>>157161791
>>157162052
Here's one way to train an isekai average guy with no magic and no cheat skills.
> Give him a combat instructor.
> Put sandbags or weights on the dude every time he trains
> Make him run every morning for ten minutes.
> Give him decent food.
> Make him spar with the instructor even with weights on.
> He'll develop sufficient reflexes within 3-4 months with sparring.
> Have him learn basic skills of spear, sword and knives for 2-3 months.
> Give him cognitive training for 1 month.
> Remember to always have weights and give him another one each month.
> Give two months for basic aiming and bow training while dealing with basic ideas of hunting.
> Remember weights.
Within that progress, your average joe will be somewhat competent and only will be if he has common sense. The only issues is the idea of killing and that the protagonist's own ordeal. There, versatile and effective mc with no cheats or magic as long as he is smart to avoid high difficulties such as very skilled fighters or mages.
>>
>>157167381
Then at the end he does a personality 180 for no reason and does a heroic self sacrifice. The ending was a whole new level of shit.
>>
>>157167670
Then why did the islamic states exceed them in technology and medicine for 500 years?
>>
>>157167398
I think honestly just the knowledge that certain things exist would be a huge advantage. One human lifetime wouldn't be enough... But you could certainly get far just having a notion of calculus, for example.
>>
>>157167634
>loli elf
Let me guess, translations never?
>>
>>157167709
>implying

youre still miles behind in other fields and if youre unlucky your field will provide no benefit
>>
>>157167717
Yeah it's not really isekai but i feel like posting it.
>>157167766
There's currently 24 chapters translated.
>>
>>157167712
It was done plenty. The only problem was that surgery was not a highly reputable profession, and the actual medics didn't really pay a lot of attention to the autopsies, sticking to what they had learned. And that wouldn't change much just because you claim to know better than them, without a single university degree to your name.
The surgeons knew better than the physicians too. It just never got anyone anything.
>>
>>157167727
>bootcamp/basic training
This.

Theres this one isekai about making a harem of monster girls where the guy spends a while just fucking exercising at the behest of the adventure guild because they are tired of noobs getting wrecked because they aren't strong enough.
>>
>>157167751
They had a better starting position. They didn't lose access to the ancient knowledge.
>>
>>157167652
Nah, from what I read he is asexual and love to rip on people.

>>157167750
Thanks for the ending. Nice to know I didn't make a mistake dropping this.
>>
>>157167722
So, in the end it wasn't implemented (in large enough scales). That's my point, having the tools isn't a free pass to new shit. You may have wood and nails but if you don't build the house it won't build itself.

>>157167768
Most degrees have a way to be implemented. Unless you studied something like art therapy, but then that's just being stupid even today.
>>
>>157167398
>Your limited knowledge IS the new brick you are trying to add to the wall.

A lot of practical examples of pure knowledge that would be greatly useful were given in this thread. Mendel's inheritance studies are one. Leeuwenhook's lenses crafting techniques and compound optics. Vesalius dissections and anatomy work.

These are all things that greatly advanced human knowledge and care self-contained enough to be transferred from you to past people with great benefits.
>>
>>157167887
Booksexual
Maybe he needs a grimoir to fuck.
>>
>>157167727
>> Make him spar with the instructor even with weights on.
That's actually not a universally good training method. When you do it some of the time it's fine. But you need to train combat without weights as well, or you get too used to the sluggish motions of the overweight arms.
Also, raw strength isn't the top priority in a battle. Stamina is more important.
>>
>>157167867
There's also arifureta where the MC goes full sgt.hartman on the rabbit girl's tribe and turned them into chuuni assasins
>>
>>157167381
The MC is such a total asshole.
I did read almost every chapter because i was bored and holy shit everyone want to suck his dick for literally no reason.
>>
>>157167907
>Leeuwenhook's lenses crafting techniques
Used 17th century tools.
Something that won't be necessarily available.
>>
>>157167907

Here's another one: Decantation pools for wastewater. Both for leather and dye works, as well as for night-soil collection. Knowing to toss the waste from these into decantation pools instead of straight into the fucking river you drink from would be a massive boon to humanity.
>>
>>157167907
>These are all things that greatly advanced human knowledge
In their cultural framework. A society needs to be ready for certain things. Medieval Europe was crazy about mathematics because they needed it for astrology. So it shouldn't be difficult to sell anything related to that.
Making lenses depends on your tools and on the purity of the materials you get.
Inheritance might get you into trouble if people misunderstand you as a blasphemer.
>>
I liked the guild cheat receptionist.
But i think it hasn't been updated in forever.
>>
>>157155391
arifureta
>>
>>157167896
You need sufficient infrastructure and demand for some technology to be viable.
The industrial revolution didn't happen because some farmers thought of using steam.
Humanity's greatest achievement was and to this day is metallurgy.
>>
>>157168137
Translation started back up mid February and the last update was 5 days ago.
>>
>>157164192
Loli mage gets impressed by his dick the one time his clother gets torn off, Paladin seems to have a small dick and only has looks.
>>
>>157168570
So you are trying to tell us that those 2 gets that ahegao face by a tiny dick?
Seems legit.
>>
>>157168570
>>157168669
She just doesn't know the difference between showers and growers.
>>
>It's another "faggots pretending that late 17th/early 18th century Europe is medieval" episode

Why does this repeat get played so often?
>>
>>157168941
Which posts/manga are you talking about?
Most issekai I read are pre renaissance medieval.
>>
>>157155603
HAMBURGUAH, TEMPURAHU, POTATO CHIPPURU!?

dont forget about superior japanese bath culture. The 10/10 hottie harem members never took care of their hygiene until superior japanese otaku introduces them to japanese bathing culture.
>>
what's with soy sauce anyway?
>>
>>157162354
>>157161621
>>157162300
The very most of that cases of firearms within isekai can actually occur is where gunpowder can be made by alchemists and some knowledge of mechanics or mechanic skills that was gained through isekai world. Although, the progress can only be as far as a flintlock or rifle (colonial era). And no, being a gun otaku is not plausible enough.
>>
>>157169766
why not? making an ak isn't rocket science
neither is a revolver
>>
>>157169982
Because it is very implausible within the story and the whole complexity of the firearm development gets shat on where people spent decades trying to create it and you only make it within a few weeks or so without any basic study. Depending on the conditions within the world and it's technological progress of mechanics WITHIN the isekai world where the isekai mc can apply an outline, only as far as the early firearms could be made without being contrived.
>>
>>157169500
>HAMBURGUAH, TEMPURAHU, POTATO CHIPPURU!?

All of these would taste amazing, or even overpowering to anyone not in our modern era. But this is due to the quantity and availability of spices that beats anything even kings had. You'd be hard pressed to replicate those tastes.
>>
>>157169982
Actually, unless he came into the world with a book on "how to make a revolver" he's going to have a hard time

Colt was working on the same basic design for a revolver for 5 years before making one that worked reliably, and he had plenty of help from other gunsmiths along the way
>>
>>157160901
>demon rallying all the neckbeards and basement dwellers
Nice, would join, too.
>>
>>157170257
No man, you don't understand. The moment you invent soy sauce and mayo, suddenly mirin and all the other traditional european and japanese seasonings are immediately available so you can make all this food with ease.
>>
>>157169982
How about you make one with 14th century technology?
At most you can cast a musket.
Bullets are also an entirely different monster in itself. Rolling metals at 800C is no easy task.
Miniature parts are hell even today if you only got hand tools.
>>
>>157170352
>Colt was working on the same basic design for a revolver for 5 years before making one that worked reliably,
The early revolvers were not reliable in any way.
>>
>>157170425
I use "reliably" very loosely there
>>
>>157168669
women get turned on power and money, not by penis size. penis size is a fucking meme. loli mages gets impressed because the mc's hack is god-tier int(as in the stat), so any magic he does, no matter how shitty, is better than any spell a regular person can cast.
>>
>>157170420
>faggot-kun finally manages the proper mixture for a workable gunpowder
>immediately wastes time and money casting a revolver from memory
>fucks up
>repeats over and over again until he at least gets something that looks like a revolver
>tries to put bullets in it
>realizes he just has fucking pellets and no casing
>has no idea what the fuck to do next
>isn't even sure if the revolver would even fire right anyway
>throws the revolver at things to hurt them instead
>>
>>157165635
Moon god is a total bro, I can't wait for him to see god-mode Makoto
>>
>>157167887
there's a vague mention in the later bits when he's with redloli that he's starting to fall for her. Why are the vampires so strong?
>>
>>157169610
How NTR is Tanaka the Wizard? Does the maid end up NTR'd, too? How about alchemist ghost?

Are there really only so few translated chapters of the novel?
>>
>>157170257

First of all, there's a huge difference in taste and texture between modern processed spices and flours and hand made stuff. Secondly, if the culture/world in question already has frying oil/flour then the residents of that world should have already invented fried foods because that is literally what those ingredients were made for in the first place.

The only real advantage a hack mc can have over regular world cuisine is that they can use their super power to get expensive ingredidents for cheap/free. So this will really impress your peasent dog slave harem members but it should not impress the oujo-sama and her maid because they should already be eating that kind of food in the first place.

For example, making tempura was in full swing by the 1600s in japan, and it was learned from the Portuguese who had been doing it for hundreds of years prior.

The fact is, these shitty modern day junk foods are presented as unique and special most likely because the writer knows that their neet/otatku/hikki audience probably has very few if any life skills outside of being able to properly bath themselves and cook some basic fucking food. So they hype up shit tier food as god tier cooking so the reader can feel good about themselves. Its pandering of the lowest form and can be really distracting because it isnt logically consistent.
>>
Mushoku Tensei manga is pretty good desu
Can't wait for magical academy arc

Also, still waiting for Arifureta anime by Studio Bones

Also also, Release That Witch is the best isekai ive read so far, its like Civilization on easy.
>>
>>157163922
The story goes from some loner casually collecting monster girls to casually starting a business to casually murdering everyone that gets in his way because he has no tolerance for other people's bullshit and the only thing keeping him in check is the fact that things had coincidentally gone his way up until that point. The guy is a complete monster and everyone knows it but himself.

when the side-character princess priest girl with the magic all seeing eyes sees him, she has a seizure and passes out because his true self is an unspeakable horror. [/quote]

it gets hinted here and there but if you arent paying attention its really jarring when his mask slips off. One of the big hints is when he meets some of the moon god's "friends", and they really hit it off. But if you know anything about mythology... every single one of those gods are gods of war/destruction/genocide
>>
>>157171024
Can't wait for the zeppelin rush
>>
>>157166795
>I think a lot of people here are underestimating how dumb humanity was for a long period of time.

humanity isnt dumb, but the things we enjoy now were carefully built on the discoveries our ancestors made and built upon. This is why its fucking stupid to say shit like 'lol u shouldnt be proud of ur anvecestors!211', MOTHER FUCKER, you wouldnt be able to shitpost on twitter without your ancestors doing all the ground work. The one thing the chinese do right is ancestor worship. The gods are real, and they are us.
>>
I wish there was less isekai with mmo/rpg elements or videogame isekai and MC has to work hard for his shit.
>>
>>157171294
But he stopped Root from obliterating the demon captical didn't he? He could've easily just left Zef and others to die unless I'm missing something other than the budding camaraderie.
>>
>>157170387
sign me up too, if i a get a devil wife
>>
what's next, saying the aliens build the pyramids
nigga ancient romans had concrete
>>
>>157171604
>>157170387

Perfect, m... I mean it shows that such a plan could work. Let's all join the demon's army and crush the normies!
>>
>>157171587
>unless I'm missing something other than the budding camaraderie.

he wants to make stores because he wants to be a good person and good people want to sell stuff to demons and you cant sell stuff to demons if they are all dead so fuck this god damn dragon thats always annoying the shit out of him.
>>
>>157171689
>not an isekai about some fat japanese high school time traveling and being thought of as an ancient alien in history as he brings modern marvels to ancient civilizations
>>
>>157171875
i would read that
>>
File: red cirno.jpg (21KB, 328x353px) Image search: [Google]
red cirno.jpg
21KB, 328x353px
>>157154076
Are isekais just glorified text format Dragon Quest Lets Plays with cheats enabled?
>>
>>157171781
he's got sociopath logic. the dragon is fucking with his plans, so he fucks the dragon. it had nothing to do with saving anyone. Its those kinds of scenarios that the author drops to demonstrate what kind of person our goody two shoes mc really is.

he just wants to be a merchant because he thinks people will treat him differently if hes 'just' a merchant, but hes completely oblivious that the only person who thinks he is just a merchant is himself.
>>
So /a/, are we going to write stories with our own isekai ideas in this year's NaNoWriMo?
>>
>>157171952
Looks like I just suck at comprehending sociopath logic
>>
File: 1489857936950.png (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1489857936950.png
666KB, 666x666px
>>157158256
It took you 1100 chapters to realize that?
>>
>>157172027
>>157172027
He's just exaggerating with his sociopath thing. Basically, he's biased towards thinking the mc is a sociopath, so everything he does looks like that to him. The mc is indeed nuts, but not everything he does is based on being nut. A part he wanted to stop root was because he didn't want innocent people dying.
>>
>>157172230
>a part he wanted
a part of why he wanted
>>
What's the shittiest isekai that you actually loved reading?
>>
>>157156176

I want one where the isekai loses all his power midway through the story, preferably while trying to save his waifu dog slave, and then just getting smacked down for the rest of the story and eventually the perspective shifts to the actual hero. I hate the well-mannered Japanese mild-tempered trope for MCs. The only reason that bullshit attitude works is because they have cheat power.
>>
>>157172329
Arifureta
Its so dumb but its so fun
>>
>>157154076
I like this one.
MC is kinda dull, like that is knew.
But the two girls at his site are hilarious.
Only stupid thing was that after a supposedly unbeatable divine dragon an even stronger spider shows up, I still like Mio.
>>
>>157172750
>MC is boring
>but the girls are great
Every harem ever.
>>
>>157172750
It wasn't an unbeatable dragon, it was an unbeaten dragon I think
>>
>>157172329
The New Gate

Tiera is the one and ONLY reason to read that crock
>>
>>157172230

>"Yeah. Waka-sama is not the type of person that would find joy in killing. The reason why he is having fun right now is because he is wondering about what he should do next, what he should try doing next. He is most likely purely having fun in thinking about the next step he should take-desu wa.” (Mio)

>“Why are you asking something like that so late in the game. In the first place, the ones that feel joy in destroying and killing, are people that have some sort of strong attachment to life and objects, you know?” (Mio)

>“Waka-sama doesn’t have either of them. That’s why it is definitely impossible that he would get drunk in the action of killing. That’s the reason why-desu wa ne. You two, you were at the side of Waka-sama and didn’t notice that?” (Mio)

>“Why do you have that scary expression? If I had to say it simply, when Waka-sama talks about the importance of life and those kind of things, his words sound so~~ much as if he had borrowed them from somewhere else. As if he had just taken those words from someone else or from a book he read. It didn’t sound like Waka-sama truly thought that way. Ah, of course, there are exceptions you know. Waka-sama is the type of person that really treasures his family.(mio)

If anything ever happens to mio, tomoe, shiki, or his personal little world, he will (and did in alternate time lines) murder every living thing on the planet occupied by the goddess.
>>
>>157172329
I'm reading arifureta's manga because the art is cool
does that count?
>>
>>157161031
Release the Witch
>>
>>157167453
Dunno, computer cannot handle the game well enough anyway.
>>
>>157165088
This is your special power anon.

>>157167751
They didn't though, some arabic countries were scientifically advanced until islam ruined them though.
>>
>>157173146
I've heard good things about that. It was chinese, no?
>>
>>157154541

Was the Editor also responsible for making the elder brother hand down his used goods harem to the MC?
>>
File: 1494299070864.png (49KB, 133x141px) Image search: [Google]
1494299070864.png
49KB, 133x141px
>Dungeon Defense
>he didn't defend his dungeon
>>
>>157165179
kill yourself
>>
>>157173291
>some arabic countries

you mean Persian.
>>
>>157155272
I was actually enjoying that Train wreck until they got to the Ice Cave.

Then the sword girl went full slut and the decided to shit on the dense dumb fuck and his muscle bro
>>
>>157167751
They were also mostly Christian countries before Islam came there
>>
so if most isekai is bad, what ones are good
>>
File: 1444783815975.png (165KB, 975x531px) Image search: [Google]
1444783815975.png
165KB, 975x531px
>>157173301
>Shield Hero
>He doesn't behave like one most of time
>>
>>157173374
But Shizuku is best girl.
Her going dere was great.
>>
>>157157118
Tanaka the Mage
>>
>>157173116
Yeah, it's algo important that those are alternate time lines. The mc of the time line of the story is not as nuts, he even considered putting the human into Asora if the godess's world was damaged
>>
File: 1413365681031.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1413365681031.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>157173336
Well, yeah.

>>157173301
Korean LNs tend to go off the rails pretty quickly.
It genuinely seemed like he was going to defend that dungeon for a while there.

Gets even weirder when you realize the original game was about raiding dungeons.

>>157173374
>>157155272
Arifureta had some good points, it went down hill for me after he went and recruited the heal pig.
Really ruined his character development.

>>157173471
She's not bad in the after stories but was definitely tacked onto the harem.
>>
>>157173470
Still more than the other three.
>>
>>157161268
>KEK MY LIFE WITH ROBOTS

Even Escaflowne had the douchebag OP pretty boy with a Harem.
>>
>>157173298
Chinese novel about an engineer who reincarnates as a prince in Medieval type setting so english names are used instead of Chinese names and enacts technological reform using witches.

Parallel World Pharmacy is another I would recommend, Pharmacologist reincarnates as medieval times pharmacists with Medicine God powers and enacts medicinal reform to help more people survive.
>>
File: I am a ningen.jpg (95KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
I am a ningen.jpg
95KB, 500x711px
The next big thing coming soon, Goblin Survivor.
Reincarnated as a goblin, mc hates the goblin rape mentality and attacks the village with his pure orc bro and another gob aniki to save a big tit cleric girl.
Now begins the quest to become human.
>>
>>157164251
>>157164192
>>157162012
>>157161861
>>157161627
>>157161496
>>157161594

Heres the summar\y so you can skip this Garbage

The loli ends up breaking up with the Knight and wants to marry the MC, but MC doesnt want used goods
The Mage girl also wants MCs cock but is a total slut that sleeps around
The Maid Girl is disgusted by MC and only wants to marry into royalty
The Elf Paladin is a Lesbian
And I cant remember who was the one that loved Gang Bangs, the Princess or the Alchemist

Ends with the MC dying a Virgin again and god saying "Sorry you died too early" again.

Waste of 12 hours.
>>
File: GB.png (199KB, 432x404px) Image search: [Google]
GB.png
199KB, 432x404px
>>157173956
>Ends with the MC dying a Virgin again and god saying "Sorry you died too early" again.

Thank fucking god for this spoiler, sounds just as bad as the idol isekai
>>
File: Never ever.png (126KB, 271x297px) Image search: [Google]
Never ever.png
126KB, 271x297px
>>157173956
>That ending

People actually read this?
>>
>>157173956
>>157174051
Wait, it's finished already?

I thought it was still being translated.
>>
>>157173956
Jokes on you, I'm reading manga to waste time, not to find some kind of a jewel in the endless shit desert. But thanks for the spoilers, now I can buckle up and get less mad since I can anticipate it.
>>
>>157173956
I read a spoiler about 4 actual virgins existing in it, though, was I lied to?
Fuck, I even kinda like his attitude. Is the LN likely to change a lot?

>>157174092
Some people can read moon runes, I guess
>>
File: Mio ~desu~.png (1MB, 733x636px) Image search: [Google]
Mio ~desu~.png
1MB, 733x636px
>>157173116
Mio truly understands Makoto the best.
>>
File: ElfRape.png (515KB, 1076x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ElfRape.png
515KB, 1076x1600px
How come even when the elf is the commanding officer she can't avoid rape?
>>
>>157174404
It's genetic.
>>
>>157162122
chinese isekai is just an convenient way to write a "genius" MC without actually writing a genius character.
its pretty much never brought up again after that.
>>
File: Wait.png (459KB, 1076x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Wait.png
459KB, 1076x1600px
Would you have bought her?
>>
>>157174540
Too old
>>
File: WhenYouHaveMe.jpg (1MB, 1426x2048px) Image search: [Google]
WhenYouHaveMe.jpg
1MB, 1426x2048px
Also reminder that Death March is still a thing
>>
>>157174540
Cute cat.
>>
>>157174540
This art seems familiar.
>>
>>157174608

I've read so much of this shit that I can't even tell them apart anymore. My world is a shitty swamp of samey Isekai fantasy manga. Save me, /a/.
>>
>>157174721

Hint: the story revolves around the MC gaining power by sucking on the heroine's breasts
>>
>>157174806
You'll have to wait around 3 more months.
>>
>>157174608
god death march irks me the wrong way so wrong
fuck that limp dick mc
>>
>>157158610
The funny thing about this was how it read exactly like a Seikon no Qwaser Isekai manga, then I looked at the author and artist, and it's the pair that did Seikon no Qwaser.
>>
>>157174842
Ah.
>>
>>157159023
sauce?
>>
>>157174608
Stopped reading this around when he was fighting the god that was turning everything to ash

Have i missed anything since then
>>
>>157174864
Tits are life.
>>
File: kimg021.jpg (206KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kimg021.jpg
206KB, 700x1024px
>get reincarnated in fantasy world

>immediately get pumped because elfs
>>
>>157174992

His harem is now in double digits

Including a half dozen copies of the same girl

Not even kidding
>>
>>157175028
>first pureblooded elf he meets is a turboslut
>immediately turned off from them forever
>>
>>157175028
A writer who has breast feeding fetish and Oedipus complex can't be 100% right in the head.
>>
>>157161621
writer here. What if small country A summoned hundreds of revolvers and starts raping big country B in a war?
>>
>>157175028
>get isekai'd
>only humans, demihumans and beastmen exist.
>the rest of the standard humanoid races exist in another planet
>>
>>157173839
This sounds exactly to Gob Tensei except the MC is a complete opposite and is even more of a pervert than Tanaka.
If anyone has spoilers like >>157173956 feel free to post them since translations are dead.
>>
>>157175263

What if you tried reading through history instead to find more legit ways for small countries and forces to fight off big ones? Like Charles Martel at Toures.
>>
>>157175305
>>get isekai'd
>world has no human races
>Doesn't even have Earth-type air
>Character dies a few minutes later.
>>
File: img000033 (2).png (2MB, 1426x2048px) Image search: [Google]
img000033 (2).png
2MB, 1426x2048px
You will never make a wolf loli jelly by giving other girls heapats
>>
>>157175161
He still marries the worst girl
>>
File: img000030 (1).png (1MB, 958x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000030 (1).png
1MB, 958x1400px
Still my favorite Isekai

Girl comes to your world from fantasy land, you follow her back and now you've got to marry her and six other girls or else the world blows up

And all girls are best girl
>>
>>157175305
>>get isekai'd
>>only humans exist.
I would find Truck-kun again
>>
>read the LNs for that isekai where a bunch of nips get dropped into another world with powers like beastmaster and clairvoyance
>later on there is an enemy isekai guy
>he's an American with the power to summon American naval ships including fighter jets on carriers
>everyone gets ridiculous upgrades to defeat the power of American navy
That was some series escalation, yet I'm not even surprised that a FUCK YEAH NIHON series did that.
>>
File: img000028 (4).png (408KB, 821x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000028 (4).png
408KB, 821x1200px
>>157175532
>>
>>157175305
>get TRUCKED
>reincarnate into fantasy land
>have to fight demon king
>fight your way there
>demon king is the truck
>>
>>157163398
All the construction manuals, patent forms, and major technological innovation blueprints I can fit into an appropriately sized container/trailer
Alternatively I'd bring 500k of food and go camping somewhere assuming it was preservable food
>>
>>157175532
>that pic
Did they even kiss yet?
>>
>>157156176
There is a web novel called "How to Kill Reincarnators from Earth" which seems to be more or less this

https://larvyde.wordpress.com/tenkoro/
>>
>>157175642
>that elf foot
>>
>>157160672
I thought Bookworm stays medieval setting comfy commoner life but then magic plot happens.
>>
I really want more Tanaka translations, M-da S-taro's designs make me actually want to be cucked by these sluts.
>>
>>157158610
>after like 40 relatively normal pages
>suddenly a two page spread of boobs out of fucking nowhere
I literally cried from laughter
>>
>>157167175
>lighter weapon for a blunt weapon

JAPAN FOR FUCK'S SAKE
ONE JOB
>>
Is there a manga read with a isekai tag, looking through shit is boring desu.
>>
>>157175028
Oh the irony
He wife is an elf
>>
File: 1484012673152.jpg (104KB, 455x432px) Image search: [Google]
1484012673152.jpg
104KB, 455x432px
>>157175787
FUCK
>>
>>157175834

Heres all the images from all the volumes

https://imgur.com/a/4IZzy

what questions do you have? I only read up until the start of vol3 then skipped to the end cause got wind the end was trollish.
>>
File: img000038 (1).png (719KB, 897x1269px) Image search: [Google]
img000038 (1).png
719KB, 897x1269px
>>157175724

See for yourself
>>
>>157173956

mage is half succubus slut
the loli is actually still virgin doing anal (100% asspull by author), will want mc dick
alchemist is a virgin fakeslut, really want mc dick
lesbo knight bro can be also virgin
maid is virgin and crazy
dragon loli girl also virgin fakeslut, want mc dick

Mc want pure virgin only

ending is bullshit
>>
>>157172853
It's a common problem. They write the MC to be a self insert so they don't give them a very strong character, since it might clash with the reader.
Meanwhile they write all the other characters as actual characters.
>>
File: img000021 (12).png (562KB, 897x1269px) Image search: [Google]
img000021 (12).png
562KB, 897x1269px
>>
>>157172853
>MC is glass hearted Autist
>The girls are all trash
Sonomono Noshi Ni

I was enjoying this until Graves showed up and his worldwide network of sluts.
>>
>>157167175
I'm happy with this, I was afraid he was going to ask for a katana for a moment.
>>
>>157174721
Thought so to.
Read the 6 chapter and then clicked on the artists name.
Turns out it is the guy that drew the Mai Hime manga.
So I knew him and he is known for borderline hentai.
>>
>>157175532

Well he come back to his world so is it Isekai? not to mention if I recall him getting there was by accident?

I do pity the kitty since she is close to her expiration date.
>>
>>157176299
Isn't he best known as Seikon no Qwaser's author?
>>
>>157176326

>18

>Expiration date
>>
>>157171294
>>157172230
>>157173116

I mean, it's nice that for once the story acknowledges it's sociopathic mc is a sociopath, but the question remains on why no one noticed and put the kid in therapy when he was in the normal world.
>>
>>157154076
What's the fatal flaw of this isekai? I read the translated manga chapters and a bit of the WN after and it seemed alright.
>>
>>157176422
The same flaws as literally any other isekai.
If you mean compared with the average isekai quality, then it's pretty decent.
>>
File: img000030.png (595KB, 897x1269px) Image search: [Google]
img000030.png
595KB, 897x1269px
>>157176049
>that look of disappointment in the last panel
>>
>>157176372

Beastpeople have a shorter lifespan, thats why Granat gets a bit desperate when it comes that.

Elves live longer, Nefi even mentioned she can wait because Hime will eventually became OLD AND BUSTED as she will remain the same when that happens, Dragonloli doesnt seem to be interested but she come onboard recently.
>>
>>157176039
I don't really have questions per se. But thanks, I'll try to think of some.

>>157176058
>the loli is actually still virgin doing anal (100% asspull by author), will want mc dick
Yeah, right, while that is my fetish, I really can't believe the author would go there. I hope s-taro actually draws some anal for that.
>>
>>157174608
It's boring shit with a boring shit MC even by it's own boring shit standards.
>>
>>157176422
No real challenge to MC at this point, any challenge comes from mc's naiveté in being a merchant. Fatal flaw of most isekai is there are hardly any good villains.
>>
>>157158850
Is that the only name? I'm not seeing it on NU.
>>
>>157176422
It's extremely slow paced.

Dozens of LN chapters can pass by at some points without anything interesting happening, just infodumps about things that never become relevant and the MC complaining about arbitrary shit.

Every once in a while a chapter happens that is amazing, but they're interspersed with tons of meaningless bullshit like his teaching gig, or his inner world changing seasons, or him getting involved with a plot by a succubutt that is pretending to be a good christian women in order to hook up with a cute wizard bf.
>>
>>157176422
>MC just goes around and does random shit
>MC makes stupid decisions
>Tons of ultimately pointless filler because the MC is just fucking around

it got a lot better once the author figured out what they wanted the story to be, but you have to sit through a lot of fluff
>>
>>157176619
Wasn't MC's goal the whole time revenge on shitty goddess?
>>
>>157175372
Even Isekai is ruled by the Anthropic principle.
>>
>>157176691
He forgets about that by like chapter 5 or 6 and only remembers it when she kidnaps him to participate in a warzone like 100 chapters later.
>>
>>157176691
it's sort of his goal but he doesn't realize he's OP for a long time and doesn't think it's possible even after the point where he's already stronger than her
so he just goes around "being a merchant" and doing a bunch of pointless stuff instead of things like colonizing his world or increasing his power
>>
>>157175532
Except THEY WILL NEVER FUCK FUCK YOU
>>
>>157176602
Use google
>>
File: img000012 (12).png (1MB, 1426x2048px) Image search: [Google]
img000012 (12).png
1MB, 1426x2048px
You will never be proposed to be a catgirl loli
>>
>>157176058
That's a surprising amount of virgins, isn't there a trap, too?
>>
File: 145.jpg (131KB, 700x1049px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
131KB, 700x1049px
What isekai stories have 10/10 MCs?
It seems like the problem with most of them (and really not just isekai) lies with the MC being shit.

Pic related is amazing. Impossible to self insert unless you are actually a sociopath.
>>
>Haramase Tensei
>Kidnap Loli
>Impregnate twice
>First born is a girl
>2nd born is going to be a boy
>Gensokyo Express before the cops arrive
>Reincarnate as your own son
>Fuck Grandma, Mother and Sister

Best Rebirth story
>>
>>157176499
Turnips are FUCKING AWESOME.
>>
>>157176905
I wish he starts failing a little, though. He is starting to get into the perfect MC who never fucks up territory.
And no, getting played by other people doesn't count because it never had any negative consequences for him.
But yeah, Dantalian is my favourite isekai MC.
>>
>>157176582
You don't need villains for the MC to face challenges, Overlord is the perfect example. It's sad people think it's got no conflict just because it has no overpowered enemy boss ainz's forces have to clash against.
>>
>>157175028
I like it, but it has some errors here and there.
For example his teachers race was at the beggining said to be discriminated against because they look like that other demon kin except for the stone in the head.
Later on the two races have different hair color making it super easy to tell them apart.
Also his teacher who is best girl together with Eris, said that that other demon kin is extremly dangerous and that he should not get close to one, but apparently this is a superstition and especially she should know about it since her tribe is close to them.
And some other minor details for which I would have to shift through everything again.
>>
>>157176726
>Get Isekai'd
>To the mermaid's kingdom under the sea!
>Under the sea!
>Immediately die from pressure differential.

Would you read a whole series that is a bunch of chapters introducing a modern world character, what makes him special, what makes him dislike his world and life. Then it introduces a world to which he will be summoned, and he dies the moment he gets there for reasons like this.
>>
File: img000005 (7).png (1MB, 897x1269px) Image search: [Google]
img000005 (7).png
1MB, 897x1269px
>>157176806

Tell that to her
>>
>>157176603
I'm sure the manga will fix a lot of that. Wish it came ouf faster.
>>
>>157176905
He's not a sociopath, he just grew up in a toxic family environment and doesn't understand the concept of a mutual love where neither party is planning to betray or murder the other.
>>
>>157176812
What's this?
>>
>>157177086
>Then it introduces a world to which he will be summoned, and he dies the moment he gets there for reasons like this.
And then he gets revived as a zombie by a cute necromancer girl.
Because that's how these things go right?
>>
>>157176376
the japanese do not believe in therapy, sharing feelings = very dishonorabre.
>>
>>157176809
I'm only finding the manga.
>>
File: 24[1].jpg (386KB, 925x1315px) Image search: [Google]
24[1].jpg
386KB, 925x1315px
So what about big tiddy mummy girls.
It also has big tiddy vampire girls and lolis (without DEM TITS).
>>
>>157177091
Good luck, shes' cockblocked by Hime anyway.
>>
>>157177091
NEVER EVER
>>
>>157176339
Yes lately, but I never read that one.
Still Mai Hime is one of my favourites I would say.
>>
>>157177184
>Oh mummies are discriminated against
>By the way mummies are just normal people
>You can't even tell the difference if they remove the bandages
>With the super genius power of "barely any noticeable common sense", the MC will rule over this world of utter retards!

God damn that is some utter garbage.
>>
>>157176376
>>157177169
I mean, he's a low-key sociopath who doesn't cause trouble. Why would his parents put him in therapy?
It's not like he went around murdering other kids back on Earth.
>>
>>157177048
It depends on what story you are telling.
If your MC does nothing but fight other people, then yeah, you need him to face challenges.
If your MC focuses on other shit like managing his kingdom or interacting with his subordinates like Ainz, you don't need one.
That said, an interesting villain always helps even if he is weaker than the MC. For example, the Theocracy in Overlord seems pretty cool and interesting despite the fact that they will obviously end up getting BTFO'd by Ainz.
>>
File: ElfLogic.jpg (1MB, 2000x2872px) Image search: [Google]
ElfLogic.jpg
1MB, 2000x2872px
>Elf in charge on procreation
>>
>>157177168

No he's just dead and next chapter starts on a new MC. Reader keeps reading in the hopes that one will stick eventually.

Then one does... but he dies just an extra chapter later.
>>
>>157177048
overlord is chaosfag propaganda
>>
>>157161496
>Can pretty much heal anything from AIDS and even turn a girl into a virgin again
>doesn't score because MUH PURE VIRGIN

Fuck that guy, should've reversed corrupted a slut into a pure used goods then healed her to become a virgin.
>>
>>157177285
That one's terrible too.
The MC is a turbobeta pretending to be alpha because he's too beta to show anything his real personality so he commnicates by quoting game villains.
>>
>>157177288
Why the fuck would you keep reading instead of just dropping that shit.
>>
>>157177169
Is that why telepaths are demonized in chinese cartoons?
>>
>>157177285

>transported to new world as a demon lord

>two cute girls who summoned you try to make you their slave

>their magic backfires and they are your slaves instead

>one is a moeblob titty monster elf princess and the other is a tsundere perflat catgirl with SATAN inside her

Okay
>>
>>157177373

Interesting premises, characters and worlds that go away before you get tired of them!
>>
anyone reading charging magic with a smile?
its kinda neat
>>
>>157177289
Fuck off Betatron
>>
>>157177270
I guess that's fair, my problem is since the story doesn't do a decent job showing that boy isn't right before the trip, it feels like he only became one in the new world.

Granted, this is still a billion times better than something like Wortenia Senki, where the MC shows no sign of being a sociopath, but when he arrives to the new world he's murdering people left and right with his bare hands like a hardcore veteran mercenary instead of what he is, a japanese school boy trained in martial arts. And no one in the story even acknowledges this, not even himself. BUT HE SAYS PLEASE AND THANK YOU SO HE CAN'T BE A BAD PERSON.
>>
>>157177254
Well, they do not seem to be capable of completly removing them.

Also the noblemans daughter somehow turned into a mummy and then into a skeleton.
Like what?

Best part is their god or whatever even gives them a goddamn system to determine if what they are doing is right or wrong.

Since if they do something wrong automaticaly bad things happen.
And since the upper ones are so distanced from the shit that happens everywhere they continously decide to fuck up further and further, while their system starts to get more and more into their face of telling them they fuck up.
How do they respond by fucking up even more because the entitled shits somehow think that becomming even more discriminating will solve it.
>>
Guess the mods didn't notice this thread or it's totally ok now
>>
>>157177584
>where the MC shows no sign of being a sociopath
He was shown fighting his father to death with swords. It was pretty obvious the dude was fucked up.
>>
>>157177629
if the op has a manga as pic, they won't bother
>>
>>157167215
At least it's not an artifact adamantite hammer
>>
File: 1342965750700.jpg (7KB, 196x187px) Image search: [Google]
1342965750700.jpg
7KB, 196x187px
>isekai thread with 500 replies

how
>>
>>157177665
It was just training. You'd have half a point if his master had actually died, or been gravely wounded at least, as a result.

The guy showed literally zero reaction to murdering people with his bare hands for the first time.
>>
>>157177757
mods allow one per day
>>
>>157162197
they were thinking "studies show if we put princess of mars a bunch of tumblr fuckheads will drag our name through the mud and some unlucky fuck will have to write an apology and get fired so lets pretend this movie isnt what it is."
>>
>>157177757

Because deep down this a guilty pleasure for those that's scraping the bottom of the bottom.
>>
>>157176547

well, loli is noble lady whose virginity is a asset
>>
File: img000009.jpg (833KB, 898x1295px) Image search: [Google]
img000009.jpg
833KB, 898x1295px
>>157177761
>it was just training
His father clearly said they were actually trying to murder each other.
>>
>>157177757
Because its a general isekai thread
We have a lot to discuss about various subjects around the isekai sphere, instead of one thing only circlejerk general like JoJo or Dragon Ball Super.
>>
>>157178000
I'm more surprised there's 120 people who give a shit about isekai
>>
>>157177970
But he didn't.
He hasn't killed anyone, ever. And we're supposed to believe he shows no reaction to literally snuffing a dozen people with his hands.
>>
>>157177942
Yeah, still, I mean, she was getting railed in the ass in a threesome (regularly, I suppose). Is the ultra slutty loli mage wielding powerful water magic for enemas and lubrication?
>>
>>157178066
/a/ is tsundere for isekai, after all.
>>
File: 2_56906.jpg (250KB, 870x1305px) Image search: [Google]
2_56906.jpg
250KB, 870x1305px
You get Isekai'd into Goblin Slayer's world

What do you do?
>>
>>157178085
>He hasn't killed anyone, ever.
Not sure if this is true or not but in another thread someone said they read the raws and he has been killing people since he was 6.
>>
Offical tier list

>Classic tier
- Digimon
- Escaflowne
- El Hazard
- The Twelve Kingdoms
- Now and Then, Here and There
- Muv-Luv Unlimited/Muv-Luv Alternative

>Archetype tier
- Mushoku Tensei
- Kenkyo Kenjitsu
- Overlord
- Shield Hero
- I'm a Spider
- Oda Nobuna

>Atypical tier
- Re:Zero
- Grimgar
- The Faraway Paladin
- Konosuba
- Youjo Senki
- Release that Witch
- Dungeon Defense

>Fun garbage tier
- Arifureta
- In Another World With My Smartphone
- Koihime Musou
- How A Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
- Tsuki ga Michibiku

>Total garbage tier
- Death March
- Re: Monster
- The New Gate
- World Teacher
- Word Master
- Gun Ota
- Anything with "Cheat" in the title
- Anything about Skill Taking
- Anything about Slaves

>Not isekai tier
- Sword Art Online
- Danmachi
- UchiMusume
- Ore ga Heroine
- Infinite Dendrogram
- Pay to Win VRMMO
>>
>>157178085
Because his father was good enough to avoid getting killed by him.
I don't really get what's the problem. Dude was a psycho who was also smart enough to know he couldn't satisfy his fucked up impulses withotu getting intro trouble and then he was lucky enough to be sent to a world where he could do just that.
>>
>>157178193
You realize that putting terrible shit in higher tier categories makes you look really stupid, right?
>>
>>157178193
Add Evil God Average to Atypical and we'll all be copa.
>>
>>157159010
>Or ancient not-rome
The Decision of Julia Caesar
>not-china
Koihime Musou
>in an industrial world?
the end of the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime
>>
>>157178196
>Because his father was good enough to avoid getting killed by him.

Exactly. He'd never killed everyone. Say you play a game with your dad since a young age. He gives you a knife and tells you to stab at his face. The guy dodges, always.

One day he doesn't, and you kill him. You're acting like this should elicit no reaction whatsoever, just because you've been stabbing at his face all your life.

The training with his master is actually a good explanation about how he is able to fight on par with hardened soldiers in the other world: his skills are real. But having him not even bat an eye at killing people not with guns, not even with blades, but with his bare hands, well that's just a big failure in character writing.
>>
>>157178193
>Atypical tier
Is it atypical because it's actually good?
>>
>>157167175
sauce?
>>
>>157178330
Make My Abilities Average is better
>>
>>157178131
>What do you do?

Never relax around Goblins. Just like how I never relax around
>>
>>157178386
From what he put in the list, it looks like things that are excellent at least in part because they actively avoid or contradict the most common pitfalls of Isekai genre.
>>
>>157178131
Fight everything except the goblins it seems, everything else but the goblins seems to be doable with training.

The goblins are absolute bastards in the LN.
>>
>>157177086
I would since I wrote something something like this before. Basically first few chapters introduced MC and the God that summoned him. Then the next chapter is his first day in fantasy world, also his last day due to the God making a ton of fuck ups like dropping him into a battlefield and not actually giving him any supplies.
>>
>>157178288
That looks more like a genre/theme type list than a good/bad type list.
>>
>>157178131
I go to a large city with walls and live there
>>
>>157154076
is it really not isekai if for all intents and purposes it's treated like an isekai?

I mean, SAO is a videogame, yeah, but it's pretty much literally another world with magic and shit. The fact that it's not actually a different world is just a technicality.
>>
So it was MT that made this particular brand of isekai so popular right?
>>
>>157178462
It's garbage compared to Evil God Average.
>>
>>157177086
Didnt this happen in Goblin Slayer?
>>
>>157176582
>No real challenge to MC at this point

At least they're doing something with it. Pretty much every civilization in that world that knows his capability is scared shitless of him, since he is capable of literally wiping them off the map. Just because you're a "nice guy" doesn't mean shit. You should be even more worried because the neighboring country might ask him to do something, and he might oblige for being so nice.
>>
>>157178131
make a plague that kills gobs
>>
>>157178641

And wasn't it fun to see those confident adventurers get wrecked and wrecked?
>>
File: file.png (985KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
985KB, 844x1200px
How does manga meat taste? What the hell is it, anyway? The femur of some humanoid monster?
>>
>>157178641
Goblin Slayer and Overlord both did it multiple times.

It's just that Overlord did it to show that normal humans really don't stand a chance against any of the Guardians, while Goblin Slayer did it because the author has some weird as shit fetishes.
>>
>>157178724
According to the LN, manga meat is extremely juicy, tender, and flavorful.

Also, it's basically peasant food that can be found everywhere and no one knows why the MC loves it so much.
>>
>>157178792
But where does it come from? It looks suspicious as fuck. It's not tail meat or it would have vertebrae-like bones. It looks like some humanoid's leg that had the bits around the joint scraped off.

MANGA MEAT IS MADE OF PEOPLE
>>
File: p04.jpg (563KB, 878x1261px) Image search: [Google]
p04.jpg
563KB, 878x1261px
>>157177367
Well it's quite funny how he spergs out in his demon lord mode
Also neko-Yukino a cute
>>
>>157178483
So Archetype tier is those that follow the genre conventions exactly but aren't complete garbage?
>>
>>157174862
>god death march irks me the wrong way so wrong

>lol dear reader, i'm not a lolicon wink wink i just forget to turn off my swag and wake up covered in hundreds of loli bitches

it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>157178952
Looks like it.

Although both Spooder and Shield hero devolved into shit later in the stories, so who knows.
>>
>>157178193
>>Total garbage tier
>- Death March
Stop liking what I don't like: the post
>>
File: file.png (874KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
874KB, 844x1200px
They need to bring back this qt.
>>
>>157179026
Konosuba is going into that path as well, author getting his hand forced to push romance instead of comedy
a shame
>>157179075
this can't be real
you can't defend death march
>>
>>157179075
A lot of his list is retarded, but he's not wrong about Death March.
>>
>>157178193
>Total garbage tier
>- Anything about Skill Taking
>- Anything about Slaves
Hey the one where the guy gets reincarnated as a sword and ends up being wielded by a 12 year old catgirl that was a former slave is actually pretty good. Well the wn starts slow, it basically doesn't get started until he meets the catgirl and saves her from slavery. The manga sped that up a lot though. And the skill taking in it is more interesting than normal, even if it is video game skill levels, when he gets a skill he takes it at level one, rather than whatever level the monster had it at. At least until he gets another skill that has a long cool down(a month iirc) that lets him steal a single skill at whatever level the person has it at, he instead though tries to strategize how to use it to deprive his opponents of a skill rather than obtain new skills.
>>
>>157179018
Death March isn't the only one that does this though.

I'm noticing it a lot, the setup where the first girl in the harem is an underage beast girl slave who the MC claims is clearly out of his strike zone to justify him keeping his his mitts off her to preserve his donkan harem protagonist status but from the writing it's clear that the author himself is an unrepentant lolicon.
>>
>>157179156
>you can't defend death march
I can defend it by saying it's guilty pleasure tier and not Re:Monster tier
>>
>>157179026
Spider didn't become shit. If anything, it got better, because as cute as KUmo is, it's not fun to read chapter after chapter of stat grinding and little else.
>>
>>157179264
Anything can be a guilty pleasure, including Re:Monster.
>>
>>157179156
>>157179158
Haha, two more
Shitposting will be amazing when it airs
>>
>>157179370
I hope the anime does Pochi and Tama well.
>>
>>157179018
Not to mention there's no problem outside of the MC being so adamant about not being a lolicon.
She's mentally older than him. She wants his dick. She even tried to rape him.

Oh yeah plus even though there are older women he could fuck he chooses to sleep with random prostitutes.
>>
>>157179357
No, anyone that enjoys Re:monster needs to be put down and thrown in a ditch.

I draw the like right fucking there.
>>
>>157179370
HOL UP
WE GETTING AN ANIME?
>>
File: 1334779636387.jpg (85KB, 605x720px) Image search: [Google]
1334779636387.jpg
85KB, 605x720px
>>157179370
>>
>>157179401
I'd say the same about Death March and I'm being completely serious.
>>
What are some good western isekai novel?
I got my eyes on Hyperion, or something like that, is it any good?

Ive read Princess of Mars and tought it was shit because the asspulls and Deus Ex Machinas
>>
>>157179409
It's pretty old news, what rock have you been under
>>
>>157179476
Death march is just generic as fuck. There isn't anything actually seriously wrong with it.

Re: Monster has the MC going around raping people and justifying it saying they wanted to have sex with him even though he's constantly drugging them with aphrodisiacs.
>>
>>157179385
I hope they don't adopt LN art style, the faces bug the fuck out of me
>>
>>157179543
It's bland as fuck and nothing interesting happens and it has no interesting characters, which is arguably a bigger sin than Re:Monster's retarded hypocrite morality.
>>
File: shen.jpg (22KB, 248x292px) Image search: [Google]
shen.jpg
22KB, 248x292px
>>157178666
I read all the chapters of Tsuki and the side stories(which got translated but they were about why the MC is so 'nice' and his sisters in the regular world).
MC is OP but always thinks he's shit. It's a reoccuring theme until he finally realizes that he is actually shit, then he tries hard and manages to overcomes whatever difficulty he has.
Basically I can sum up the chapters up until now like this:
>goddess is mean to him, he feels he's gotta punch her, not strong enough to punch her, gotta get to goddess punching level
>followers handle all the things he can't handle in amusing and entertaining ways
>MC tries hard but still gets shit on 128 chapters in because he doesn't know how to fight well enough
>spends another 100 teaching a class in magic and running a shop
>spends another 100 stomping the people who beat him earlier
>recently just figured out that politics exists and he needs to learn it, asks his mentor for advice and gets roped into a revolution
>>
>>157179491
There was some Russian one that was well known and popular, I think?

Other than that, the closest thing to western isekai is the Magic Treehouse series, which is absolute patrician tier, but it's still a children's book, no matter how you look at it.

It's something that can't be helped.
>>
WHERE'S MY MT ANIME YOU FUCKS
H
E
R
E
>>
>Knights and Magic
>Otherworld Dining Hall
>Smartphone

What isekai are you watching next season?
>>
>>157179616
Why would you want a machine translated anime?

are you an idiot?
>>
>>157179449
>he doesn't like really broken MCs
>>
>>157179663
>not watching the birth of skynet
>>
>You had to choose between reading one of the following 3.

Death March
Law of the Devil
Kuro no Maou

Choose
>>
>I, a Homely Girl, Became a Top-of-the-Line Pet Slave in Another World of Different Aesthetic Values

TRANSLATIONS WHEN

It's been almost two years now.
>>
>>157179491
Subtle Knife
Narnia

Basically all I could come up with
>>
>>157179637
All of it
>>
>>157178895

What's the name of this again? I know I have it in my shitty Isekai folder but their names are all so fucking obtuse I can never remember which is which.

How much more of this is there after he beats back the army attacking the town?
>>
File: cover.jpg (1MB, 1400x2062px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1MB, 1400x2062px
Anybody read this?
>>
>>157179543
>Re: Monster has the MC going around raping people

I didn't find that to be as bad as in Dungeon Defense or whatever, where the guy just mind breaks all the girls with his dick.
>>
>>157179743
For the longest time, I thought Death March was Kuro no Maou, kept mixing up the synopsis.

I'll probably go with Death March, at least it has cute not murderous lolis.
Dropped Law of the Devil when an actual devil showed up and MC gained mind control over any female entity.
>>
>>157179908
At least the dungeon defender guy doesn't pretend he's not raping them. Or is he?
>>
>>157179908
What? Dungeon Defense's MC only fucks his secretary and the lolibaba and both times it's consentual?
>>
>>157179908
>in Dungeon Defense or whatever, where the guy just mind breaks all the girls with his dick.

Not sure what series you actually meant. In dungeon defense the MC has fucked 2 girls. One is his waifu, and the other uses her magic to rape him repeatedly.
>>
>>157179908
The fuck are you talking about? Dandy-boy only has one relationship
>>
>>157179908
>Dungeon Defense
>mind breaks all the girls with his dick

I think you've mixed up something somewhere.

The Dungeon Defense MC has spent the past volume and a half getting raped by Barbatos in return for military support.
>>
>I’m not sure if this book betrayed your expectations or fulfilled them, but I’ll be glad so long as you derived some amount of enjoyment from it.

>I mentioned this earlier too, but this story was originally something I put up on the novel website Syosetsuka ni Narou under the pseudonym Chuuni Lover. It’s something that’s been steadily edited and refined before appearing in the form you’re reading now.

>I’m still very much a beginner when it comes to writing, so forgive me for the half-assed setting, overall lack of plot, and general randomness. I added things as they popped into my mind, and wrote a story that was more for myself than anything.

>I’m truly thankful to my fans at Narou for supporting this fanfiction-tier story all the way until it got published officially. It’s not every day that an isekai author gets published out of the sea of isekai stories on there.

Dang, Arifureta writer is really not holding back.
>>
>>157180065
Did the MC died?
>>
>>157179841
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu

I don't really remember, it's been too long since I read that part. But not much, the translation drags on forever
>>
>>157180031
Sounds hot, who's barbatos
>>
>>157180031
>>157180005

Maybe I have the title wrong? It's so hard to keep all of these straight... the one where an old man uses the mana from a dragon vein to get his youth, create a dungeon and summon a succubus, then rapes every female he comes across.
>>
He probably meant that other story where the old man builds a dungeon, becomes young again using its magic and fucks like everyone because they keep trying to fuck his shit up
>>
>>157180217
A semen demon
>>
>>157179026
For what it's worth, shield hero's LN is changing up a few things for better or worse. Overall better pacing and new plots to follow.
>>
>>157180217
A loli who's paranoid that everyone is planning to betray her.

It doesn't help that the MC actually is planning on betraying her.
>>
>>157179899
Something I liked is that the bath he summons isn't an entire onsen like you'd think at first, it's just an ordinary bath you find in any Japanese household and can fit maybe two people comfortably. But an unlimited supply of clean water and modern hygiene products is amazing to the people of fantasy world.
Plus the MC's motivation is refreshingly straightforward, he wants to bathe together with cute girls, but he doesn't behave like a nose-steaming monkey, he is straightforward with the girls and won't force them if they don't want to.
>>
>>157180273
Maou no Hajimekata is what you're thinking of, and manga's TL is dead because licensing got it
>>
>>157178193
no love for Dungeon Seeker?
>>
>>157180349
>Betraying your loli
Dropped before picked up.
>>
>>157180387
It's getting released in the west? I didn't really expect that.
>>
>>157180461
I don't get it either. It's bad porn with worse plot than porn often gets. It's worse at plot and at porn than porn.
>>
>>157179491
The first chunk of Hyperion is Harry potter with a stick up his ass summoning and turning a russo-jap dude into a magical fantasyland albino chick, then he gets knocked down a couple billion pegs until you stop hating his guts and then you get to autistically detailed mass combat.
>>
>>157180387

Why would anyone license that? It's so damn shit. I've never felt dirty reading a manga like I did that thing. Even Re:Monster never made me feel like that.

Is Dungeon Defense just LN or does it also have a manga?
>>
>>157180426
>Betraying your loli
She's a 400-something year old demon whose relationship with the MC consists of raping him and having a very sketchy alliance with him before she gets triggered and tries to kill him. They do end up in a more understanding alliance later on though.
However he has a loli daughter who he loves and would never betray well maybe but it would probably be a ruse.
>>
>>157180426
To be fair, the MC is the bitch in the relationship so she's not 'his' loli.
>>
>>157179199
yeah but death march throws it right in your face. The first few volumes are non stop little girls here, little girls there, they are on the cover, in all the pictures, the book sales itself as 'dude covered in little girls', but whenever the story gets to the point where SOMETHING should happen, even accidently, oh no dear readers. Mc-kun has to remind everyone how much of a pedophile he TOTALLY isnt. He even goes so far as to pretend the grown ass woman from the knight corps who has a fucking job isnt in his strike range because 'im not a lolicon lol'.

mc looks like a 12 year old. fucking minors is legal in his fantasy world. the little girls who want his cock are actually older than he is. Yet the writer uses the 'im not a lolicon' excuse to prevent the relationships from ever moving beyond the point of 'gotta collect all the little girls and put them in my harem and then do nothing to my harem because if i never fuck anyone then i can just keep putting in every single niche fetish into my story and have fans from those niches buy my shit.'

it's the worst kind of pandering: pandering with no payout.

No fucking joke, by the 10th volume or so he has nearly a 100 girls in his harem and he hasnt touched a single one.
>>
>>157180584
>Betraying your loli mistress

Almost worse.
>>
>>157180574
I pray every day for it to be adapted
>>
>>157180426
The only loli who's "his" is Humbaba, and he remains loyal and caring for her wellbeing, even when she was shot down by anti-air spells.
>>
>>157180426
He wasn't really planning on betraying her, that anon was simplifying things, they are using each other but the MC know that the loli was going to get rid of him eventually, shit is complicated, just read
>>
>>157179264
>RE: Monster Tier

So its Garbage
>>
>>157180574
>Is Dungeon Defense just LN or does it also have a manga?
It's korean, so it's never get an anime or manga.

If all the stars align it might get a poorly drawn webtoon with TO DAMN MUCH NEGATIVE SPACE HOLY FUCKING SHIT, but it'll never get the recognition it deserves because nips are complete racists who hate all slant-eyes other than themselves.
>>
>>157180426
Barbatos is not exactly someone whose presence you want to be in for extended periods of time.
>>
>>157180731
>>157180670

Alright, serious talk. I wanted to read Moon-led journey but the translations are hot garbage. How are Dungeon Defenses'?

May as well stop pretending I haven't become a fanfiction reader now.
>>
>>157180786
Dungeon Defense has some of the best translations of any eastern novel.
>>
>>157180786
Fan-fuckingtastic, the translator is also a beast when it comes to translating speed.
>>
>>157180731
>It's korean, so it's never get an anime or manga.
There are plenty of good manhwa and gooks/chinks are starting to make animated shows. The chinks just adapted a popular WN into a 60 episode chinkime.
There is hope.
>>
>>157180786
Pretty good honestly.
>>
>>157180786
The dialogue is written in an intentionally archaic style, and the translator decided to actually translate it into ye olde english, but it's exceptionally well done other than that.

Also, the MC and Barbatos curse all the time, which gets annoying, but it looks like those are actually extremely faithful to the original text.
>>
>>157180065
The fact that he acknowledges its shit, does not stop it from being shit.
>>
File: 1329285245491.png (135KB, 378x264px) Image search: [Google]
1329285245491.png
135KB, 378x264px
>people start to talk about Dungeon Defenses when the thread is going to died
FUCK
>>
>>157180903
Everyone swears like a sailor in DD.
>>
We could make another thread but who knows if it'll get deleted
>>
>>157180946
>tried to make a DD thread one month ago
>died with two replies
I just want to talk about my korean isekai.
>>
>>157181050
Do novels even belong on /a/? I mean you can justify them in isekai threads, but in general....
>>
>>157180946
yeah I actually want to talk about the series now
fuck is accurate
>>
>>157181085
No, novels don't, so we are supposed to talk about manga for these, not the light novels or web novels.
>>
>>157181085
They don't but /jp/ won't talk about them and /lit/ is too arrogant to do it either, much less korean novels.
>>
>>157181085
/bant/?
>>
>>157181154
Fuck no
>>
>>157181085
Technically, LNs are /jp/ content, but LNs get adapted into anime and manga, and so discussing them is essentially an extension of the manga and anime storylines.

Mods hate it, but the alternative is banning the threads and dealing with the discussion infecting unrelated threads on /a/, so they let it be for the most part.
>>
/ln/ when?
>>
>>157181302
slantmoot is too busy making retarded and redundant boards like /b/ 2.0 to think of doing anything useful.
>>
>>157181302
is the ln community better or worse than the greater anime community?
>>
>>157181563
I mean the LN community is basically a part of the anime community.
It's the same people.
>>
>>157181302
Might as well separate manga into its own board while you're at it.
Thread posts: 623
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.