[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about Kingdom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Kingdom_volume_1.jpg (27KB, 266x373px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom_volume_1.jpg
27KB, 266x373px
What does /a/ think about Kingdom?
>>
>>157152645
I like it, but I have to make chapters stack before reading it, because the pacing is too slow.
>>
>>157152645
When it's good it's really good like in the currentarc, but most time is pretty ok and nothing more. Shin's personality and his lack of any general-esque quality aside from sheer strenght are a huge glaring flaw.
>>
>>157152645
It's great
>>
>>157152645
It's good
>>
>>157152645
I started reading it and it was about kids with no proper training defeating elite assassins by yelling really hard. Then I dropped the badly written shounen and never looked back.
>>
I like it, but it's no Ravages of Time.
>>
>>157152645
its good but I may need to do what anon is saying >>157152759 here
although I do look forward to weekly updates
>>
>>157152645
I love it, one of my fav manga and I look forward to every chapter honestly
>>
>>157155506
How and what is ravage of times about?
>>
its good. but rarely talk in /a/ as there is no fanservice, and there is nothing to shitpost about it.
im waiting for ousen big fight
>>
>>157155498
It stops being that kind of shonen when sei gets the throne. Then it stays shonen, but a different and original kind of shonen.
>>
>>157155498
oh boi, This is not your average shounen with kids magically getting strong and shit .... also deaths yo.
>>157152645
There was a thread already a few days ago about when we may get the season 3 of the anime
>>
>>157155506
Fucking duh. Ravages of Time of time is basically one of the most ambitious graphic novel ever.
>>
File: UYlavVL.jpg (64KB, 757x456px) Image search: [Google]
UYlavVL.jpg
64KB, 757x456px
I wish there was more personal moments lately, way too much fighting and shit, I wish more of those little moments the characters share between fights/wars
>>
When will Shin get H U G E like the other great generals?
>>
I didn't like the art style desu
>>
Breddy gud, I really like the variety in the characters and their motivations; the battles and strategy are really well done.
>>
>>157156342
The fact that those moments are used sparingly makes you appreciate it more. Also, those reading it weekly might find it boring when they came here for some action.
>>
>>157156476
not everything have to be moe to be watchable
>>
>>157153668
what about his ability to inspire his men? I mean he's basically a poormans mobou
>>
>>157156809
Nah, he's not wrong, the author can't make any interesting material about the shin squad at all, nobody even remember their names.
>>
>>157153668
>his lack of any general-esque quality

Does anyone else remember when Shin was meant to be an instinctual-type general like Duke Hyou? Because Hara sure doesn't. If it wasn't for Ten and Kyoukai, Shin would just be a trumped up warrior.
>>
>>157157098
But he is. He reads the battlefield, he's just not good at it yet, so he does it on a smaller scale. Arriving where he needs to be, bolstering troops, giving morale to nearby allies, etc.
>>
Reading it weekly is a bit boring but it was great to catch it all up, the art is on one hand fucking amazing and detailed, I don't know many other weekly manga that have a better art, on the other hand most characters just look ugly as hell.
I like the tactics and the strategy most
>>
>>157157007
That's part of his sheer strenght, and that's it. Mobou actually looks like a legendary hero that can inspire the awe and the dread of a larger than life leader, that goes beyond simple sheer strenght. I don't think we are meant to imagine that he follows every order he gets from his strategists like shin always does, mobou gives me the impressin that he's pretty independent on battlefield, like how Duke Hyou was.
Honestly, shin has always looked to me like one those 3-4 elite soldiers that support the general in Kingdom, someone that does his job of strong soldier really well but the actual leadership and decisions aren't his cup of tea at all, at least so far.
>>
>>157157098
>>157157586
don't you guys remember when he turned around on his owned and saved the armies rear due to instinct?
>>
>>157157748
I actually don't, which chapter was this?
>>
>>157157902
coalition arc but i doesn't remember the chapter something like 275
>>
>>157157748
That feels insignificant when the series is already so long, when you consider how many times he's completely confused, and when you see Ten and Kyoukai doing so much. The role he just feels completely out of place, which was more or less fine tons tons of chapters ago. A single or a couple of scenes would have been fine if we were talking about a side character like En-san, not about the general protagonist of a series that is basically about about generals doing general things.

>>157158068
>something like 275
>almost 200 chapters ago.
Jesus Christ, that's actually sad.
>>
File: img000010.png (1MB, 1680x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000010.png
1MB, 1680x1200px
>>157158068
I do remember now after reading it, but if you compare him to the most recent chapters, Shin feels like an expository character to me. In any situation other than a fight it's like he exists just to ask questions so other characters can monologue.
I know it's kind of necessary from a story standpoint but it's still annoying.
>>
>>157158375
>In any situation other than a fight it's like he exists just to ask questions so other characters can monologue.
Perfectly said, and after so many chapters it's incredibly annoying and out of place.
>>
>>157157586
Hasnt mobou taken orders from shouheikun all his life? Shouheikun points him in a direction and moubou kills everyone in that direction.
>>
>not realizing this is shins arc and his time to shine
>>
>>157158537
Don't forget all the sweating he does, even ten has turned into a blabbering and sweating idiot. There really is no need for ten, kyoukai is much smarter
>>
>>157158694
If you knew history youd know it's not.
>>
>>157158609
That's not quite the same, Shouheikun tells Moubu that he needs something done and then Moubu goes off and does it himself. In the current chapter Moubu is in a stand-off with one of the other kingdoms, defending Qin's borders. Can you imagine Shin being told "defend this area" and then being left entirely to his own devices? There's no way he could, especially not without Ten.
>>
File: 1473434249008.png (15KB, 160x169px) Image search: [Google]
1473434249008.png
15KB, 160x169px
>>157152645
it's pretty good. but for me it's in this weird place where it's just slightly below being an outstanding shonen and also below being a great seinen. so in the end it's an above average shonen i guess.
>>
>>157158871
Well i mean shin is far less experienced, I doubt mobou was the same as he is now at shin's age. Kingdom is pretty slow paced, it just needs more time for shin to mature and get more experienced.
>>
>>157156437
shin is actually a short little bastard. this can likely be attributed to the lack of proper diet he had while growing up. by this time he's likely near his twenties and his contemporaries still tower over him.

INB4 mountain clan. those guys are just plain huge.
>>
>>157159109
Nah its better how its being done, slowly over time. If shin, mouten, and ouhon got huge too fast that would just look fucking retarded. I hope shin gets huge lips like ouki though
>>
File: this is when it gets readable.png (1MB, 1560x1115px) Image search: [Google]
this is when it gets readable.png
1MB, 1560x1115px
Reading it along with /a/ when it was getting translated in bulk was fun as hell
It's consistently decent, it's been picking up lately in quality
Anything with Kanki is guaranteed to be good
>>
the art is amazing and writing is pretty good as well, it doesn't get too "serious" or preachy which is pretty important for me personally
>>
>>157157098
I think the trouble is that he is surrounded by character who are "smarter", and he doesn't have that promising newcomer status.

Back in the first wars, everything was good because he was a dumb kid lost there. An ant in a storm, so there was tension.

But now, he has more responsibilty/standing and I don't see him failing as hard as back when buckteeth brother passed away. Basically, now, we have expectations.

Also, as the MC, he has to fill for the reader a bit, so for example, in the last chapters with the locust plan, he was made dumber than needed. Or anytime a superior has a plan, Shin can't get it, he has to be surprised afterward. Doesn't matter if everyone got it.

So yeah, I kinda want him to fail and some character to die. Would add drama/tension, and he could grow a bit
>>
>>157161947
Well, he is historically known for a major fuck up.
>>
>>157162342
Do you think the author will go through with that? Like I mean if the author goes through with being accurate to history this manga is going to turn into the ousen show, might as well have made ousen the mc from the beginning
>>
>>157155619
It's a Chinese graphic novel about the Three Kingdoms Era. Basically the best "adult"-oriented graphic novel currently in print.
>>
Coalition War Arc deserves an animu season.
>>
>>157166369
>emoticons
Fuck off, newfag.
>>
>>157161947
>So yeah, I kinda want him to fail and some character to die. Would add drama/tension, and he could grow a bit
So just wait for the big Chou arc.
>>
>>157166460
no fuck you amerifat
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.