[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a let down Japs cant write endings >inb4 >mangahere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: q175.jpg (200KB, 800x1233px) Image search: [Google]
q175.jpg
200KB, 800x1233px
What a let down

Japs cant write endings

>inb4 >mangahere
>>
>>157149405
I thought those were Rumiko's words for a second. I didn't really need their monologue.
>>
Why do faggots think that streaming if okay if they inb4 it?
Fuck off.
>>
How would you end a manga like Ranma 1/2 in a satisfactory manner and leave it open for future series?
I don't think that's possible
>>
Lifecycle of a serialized manga

>(Chapters 0-30) high quality attracts attention which allows the manga to be serialized, fanbase is slowly established.
>(Chapters 30-100) quality remains high and fanbase peaks, mangaka intends to end manga at chapter 100.
>(Chapters 100-150) Because of high attention, the mangaka is unwilling to end the manga, however he's already run out of ideas so quality worsens.
>(Chapters 150+) The fanbase becomes frustrated and abandons the manga, series is abruptly ended with a horrible ending.
>>
>>157150336
>mangaka is unwilling to end the manga
From my understanding it's the editors and publishers who don't want to end it because that would stop the money.
>>
>>157150336
Make a thread about this
>>
shut up, at least you knew what will happen with them eventually. For fucks sake, I re-read School Rumble a few weeks ago and I am still furious about any lack of end-game with Harima
>>
>>157149405
>Japs cant write endings
Not exclusive to nips. Most people can't.
>>
>>157152000
Most of the qualities /a/ attributes to japs such as shit taste and bad writing are actually universal.
>>
File: 1492340360700.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1492340360700.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>157150336
Never heard of One piece or Jojo?

Also Boku no Hero academia has kept it's quality and is around 140 chapters. Although mangaka has said that story is like 6/10 done so he has planned it to the end it seems. Only time will tell now that he's the slave to Jump
>>
>>157149405
>streaming manga
>>
>>157152125
Jojo works because Araki has figured out a way to completely reinvent the series every 150~ chapters so it's basically a bunch of shorter series under the same banner
>>
She did redeem herself with Inuyasha's ending
>>
Nobody cares about Ranma's story just the hijinx
>>
Ranma was an episodic slapstick series, it didn't really have much of a plot to end
>>
>>157152029
it's because /a/ only watches anime
or at least should
>>
>>157149405
>Japs cant write endings
Spirit Circle
Busou Renkin
>>
>>157153372
Then Rumiko should have never written such a conclusive final arc.
>>
>>157149405
>mangareader
>>
>>157149405
I never read Ranma. What's wrong with the ending?
>>
>>157158055
Nothing.
>>
What? Ranma's ending was fine, I bet you didn't actually read it.
In the end both Ranma and Akane confess their feelings for each other and become honest, no tsundere hijinks or misunderstanding.
They not getting married at the end is fine, they postpone the wedding since they're both literally kids yet, like 16/17 years old.
>>
>>157158055
there is nothing wrong with the ending
It's just an open ending, you crave for more but you wont have it
>>
>>157159387
Also, she could do an entire volume about their wedding and after story
>>
>>157158117
There was no 'confession'. Ranma denied it to her face. The entire point to this ending was to show how utterly ludicrous it is that two people being forced into a relationship by outsiders aren't going to just get married and toe the line of expectation no matter how many harrowing adventures or hijinks they share. They DO NOT LIKE EACH OTHER romantically and have no intention of marrying, even after all of that. It's irrational to even believe that they would, when neither of them wants it or ever wanted it.
>>
>>157160015
Nah, its just lack of character of development
>>
>>157149405
there's a reason they're drawing cartoons and not writing international best sellers, figure it out
>>
>>157160389
Ranma is an international bestseller though.
>>
>>157158117
They canonically got married and lived happily ever after anon. You see them holding hands in their wedding attire....
>inb4 anime doesn't count even though Rumiko produced it
>>
The ending of Ranma 1/2 was certainly atrocious, which is probably why the ending of Inuyasha wasn't bad (though I'd have preferred Inuyasha going to the future instead). She seems to alternate decent and shitty endings. I tried reading her latest shit and I got over 100 chapters in and literally nothing fucking happened, so I gave that up real fast.
>>
>>157163572
>I'd have preferred Inuyasha going to the future instead
What would he have done there though?
>>
>>157163757
Collect a lasersword upgrade for Tessaiga.
>>
>>157152125
>Boku no Hero academia has kept it's quality
No. It's worse than the frst 30 chapters. Black Clover on the other hand, keeps getting better because it didn't left much initial impression.
>>
>>157163853
>No. It's worse than the frst 30 chapters.
Explain.
>>
>>157150336
Literally tomo-chan right now.
>>
>>157152125
>One Piece

Dude, he keeps recycling plots, just mixing things around a bit. Also, a large bulk of his stories tend to be structured a certain way so even the more unique arcs tend to feel samey. He's like a song composer who uses the same basic rhythm for everything.
>>
>>157152125
>Although mangaka has said that story is like 6/10 done
Really? He has done less than a year in-universe.
>>
>>157153372
whut?
>>
>>157168126
InuYasha produced stockholm syndrome in that anon.
>>
What series has unironically good endings?
>>
a timeskip epilogue in ranma would've been cringy af.
>>
>>157149405
Fuck you, Ranma has one of the best ending to anything ever
>>
File: 1475271543568.jpg (28KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
1475271543568.jpg
28KB, 313x334px
>>157163572
>I'd have preferred Inuyasha going to the future instead

Fucking this.

>She will never see her little brother, mother and friends again.
>She will never go to the university she wanted

I mean, c'mon, she could have become a miko in the present and stay in a temple too.
>>
>>157170303
Maybe they could have shown him leaving Akane with their son to go on a training trip forever, showing that the story would repeat itself.
>>
>>157163757
>What would he have done there though?

Become an urban legend or a superhero.
>>
>>157170632
Well one of them would have to make a big compromise. Inuyasha would have had to stay cooped up and not be seen while Kagome lives life as a normalfag.
>>
>>157152125
>one piece
please
>>
The lack of a conclusive ending to Ranma led to 20 years of fanfiction.
>>
>>157149405
Why did you want from you comedy manga with little story?
>>
>>157171008
Ryoga giving FemRanma a hard dicking, mostly.
>>
>>157171008
Sakamoto had a pretty great ending for a comedy with no story
>>
>>157170825
But Inuyasha had nothing that really (as in really) tied him into his time.

Sango and Miroku had married and formed their family on their own and Sessomaru was fine on his on with his servant and Rin, but those are them.

And Kagome could have lived as a normalfag AND still make use of her powers, like I said, mikos still exist in her time. Moving to the country after she graduates would have fixed more than the half of the potential issues that Inuyasha probably would have gotten.
>>
>>157171253
They'd have to move to a place with no people and live in isolation. I think one of the points of the story is that Inuyasha opened up and let multiple people into his heart, not just Kagome. Going back to that would be a step backwards for him.
And you know just because everyone else also had a family doesn't mean that you can't still be friends with them.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.