[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial arts anime/manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: doppo.jpg (47KB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
doppo.jpg
47KB, 460x260px
What are the best martial arts anime and manga in your opinion?

Ones that stood out for me, if it helps with recommendations:

Dragon Ball anime and manga (esp. pre-Z, when the fights were less fantastical and not all just superheroes flying through mountains)

Hokuto no Ken anime and manga (Amazing through and through, though post-Raoh is a huge uninspired rehash. Some of the best instances of most shonen tropes, for my money. This is about as fantastical in terms of martial arts as I can go without losing interest)

Baki anime and manga (Pretty good, focuses almost exclusively on the fights and has some very interesting and iconic characters. Relatively grounded and displaying a surprising amount of actual martial arts techniques and research, though the powerlevels become superhuman FAST)

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple manga (Didn't like it at all, quit less than halfway in. Milquetoast and derivative Shonen, shitty low rent Baki-style fights with even more fantasy on top. The Love Hina antics don't resonate with my old fart brain anymore, either

1/2
>>
File: Hanma Yuujiro.png (537KB, 849x460px) Image search: [Google]
Hanma Yuujiro.png
537KB, 849x460px
Ippo anime and manga (GREAT. Underdog story, likable protag, mostly grounded in real boxing with just a thin veneer of fantasy on top)

Ashita no Joe manga (Fucking low rent Ippo, main character is completely unlikable. Research into boxing and exposure of techniques is far inferior, too)

Vagabond manga (I'm not even going to waste time praising this one, the fights are VERY realistic, though sometimes very visually noisy. Top notch research into the era and superb character development, too. Shitty pace at times (all the bishonen wankery Kojiro chapters), wish you'd get more fights with non-punks - though this is a bit too artsy for that expectation, I guess)

Aiki manga (all the objections I had to Kenichi apply, though I like the art a lot more. Almost no respect for martial arts or any real attempt at characterization of the martial arts it's supposedly based on, Aikido

2/2
>>
File: Holyland_v02_c014_p078.png (264KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Holyland_v02_c014_p078.png
264KB, 799x1200px
>>157098518
How about the street fighting in Holyland? I like how articulate the author presenting how the normal people fights.
>>
>>157098518
>recommendations
Fuck off, there's a board for that, and it isn't /a/.
>>
>>157100232

Well, I need them to be related to anime and manga, and specifically this genre. Who else is going to know this shit?
>>
>>157100322
Okay, i'll spoonfeed you.

Instead of asking for recommendations, just say "X is clearly the pinnacle of fightan animoes", and then go on to say that it exemplifies everything you're looking for.

Now await as autists immediately jump in to tell you why you're wrong. After you realize how this works, you'll also realize that half the threads on /a/ should be in /trash/.

Also, sage every thread for no reason. It makes the board better. Trust me.
>>
>>157098518
1. Ranma
2. Strongest Disciple Kenichi
3. none until Girls of the Wild or Change 123 adapted into anime.
>>
What was the one about Girls MMA called again?

That shit needs to be anime
>>
Shigurui for me. We might be after different things here.
>>
>>157098518
And what do you mean matrial arts anime/manga? Poorly written shounen shit like baki?
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (46KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
46KB, 540x338px
I want a manga/anime about the early wild-west days of mma in Japan.
>>
File: 095.png (1MB, 1102x1600px) Image search: [Google]
095.png
1MB, 1102x1600px
>>157098518
Terra Formars, despite/because of being about humans turning into mutants to fight mutated cockroaches often with bare hands has quite a lot martial arts stuff to show off.

Teppu is a relatively short manga about girls beating up girls in MMA. Not your stereotypical cute stuff as girl fighters can look quite boyish and 2 women won't be easily recognized as women.

I really found Aiki quite enjoyable and I like Aiki-S. Too many fighters in Aiki-S were some gimmick users but now the translations reached a point where only real martial artists are left fighting.

Kengan Ashura is a pure Martial arts manga. A lot of the stuff in it is unreal, but not more than Baki.

>>157101410
Teppu.

>>157101431
Shigurui is pretty good too. Iku is the best girl.
>>
>>157102356
fuck gordeau, what a scumbag
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.