[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently janny is thinking very slowly today and needs to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 109712.png (27KB, 1048x646px) Image search: [Google]
109712.png
27KB, 1048x646px
Apparently janny is thinking very slowly today and needs to have everything spelled out clearly for him, so here's the discussion topic in no uncertain terms:

What do you think about a number of anime movies getting shafted at Academy Awards in favour of objectively garbage Western titles? Does it upset you, or do you think it's for the better as the less Western industry eyes on Japanese animation the better due to the destructive Western influence?

Do you think Academy voters are corrupt or just plain retarded picking Big Hero 6 over Kaguya?

Are you more upset that Your Name didn't get nominated for the 89th Awards or that it would have lost to Zootopia anyway?

Please keep this a nice discussion thread about anime in the larger industry context.
>>
>using terms like "objectively garbage Western titles" and "destructive Western influence" unironically
>not expecting the Janitor to treat you like someone pretending to be a fully retarded weeb trying to stir up shit

Are you seriously this fucking retarded?
>>
The academy awards have always been rigged and have never served as anything other than a round of internal back-patting.
Numerous members have admitted to voting for whatever animated movie their grandchildren told them was the best.

Saying "what if X hypothetically had anything to do with anime" doesn't make your thread on topic, nor does insisting that it should.
>>
>>157082033
>Apparently janny is thinking very slowly today and needs to have everything spelled out

I hope you get deleted again for complaining about the moderation.
>>
>>157082188
Big Hero is objectively garbage, I can't imagine anyone unironically arguing otherwise.

And both /a/ and /jp/ do voice concerns about the Western influence over Japan in context of the upcoming 2020 Olympics. Feel free to come up with a better term for it.
>>
Kaguya deserved it
>>
>>157082232
>Saying "what if X hypothetically had anything to do with anime" doesn't make your thread on topic, nor does insisting that it should.
But anime does not exist in a void and when it goes on to compete with Western titles then the competition itself does have very much to do with anime.
>>
>>157082414
Deserved to win or to lose?
>>
>>157082629
Deserved the Oscar
>>
>>157082033
"Awards" are just "a lot of people watched this and liked it".
People don't sit down and objectively analyze the contestants. Nobody watched Kaguya, so nobody is going to vote for it. Spirited Away was propped up by Disney, so it was special.

tl;dr caring about awards is a waste of effort.
>>
>>157082033
Awards panelists barely watch the shit they're supposed to watch, why would they watch the animated section? There have been several awards panelists who have outright said that they will not watch children's movies. I recall one case in particular where a judge said that he went to an animated movie that'd been nominated (Frozen IIRC), dropped off his daughter, then sat out in the lobby and checked his email until it was over. /co/ was especially pissed off because he said that animated films were "beneath him" or something along those lines.

That said, this is more of a /tv/ thread since they're the ones who give a fuck about Western awards.
>>
I hope you get deleted again for caring
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.