[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am confused about Oreimo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: Oreimo.jpg (257KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Oreimo.jpg
257KB, 1280x1024px
So I'm watching through Oreimo and I don't quite get the appeal, in almost every single circumstance Kirino acts like a huge asshole to Kyousuke and that retard just accepts it, he has girls fawning for him left and right but he decides to do the most ass backwards things to cover for his sisters fairly extreme eroge obsession, and at most Kirino is nice to him only a few times.

can anyone explain why Kirino shouldn't be thrown into a meat grinder? I understand tsundere but she sails way past that and lands in the category of "I wouldn't even piss on you if you were burning to death"
I don't post on here often, so pardon me if this topic has been done to death.
>>
>>157068408
>I'm watching through Oreimo
I've done you the favor of identifying your problem, anon.
>>
>>157068408
Drop this show immediately and watch something better.
>>
>>157068528
suggestions?
the only reason I can find for watching it more is the other girls seem interesting, I just dont understand how they all gravitate around this asshole as if she's the best person in the world.
>>
BECAUSE SHE'S HIS SISTER

AND IMOUTOS ALWAYS WIN THE LOVE OF THEIR ONIICHANS

real talk though I agree completely
>>
>>157068653
>the other girls seem interesting
that is precisely the reason you should not watch it, just trust me on that.
>>
>>157068408
Kirino really did act like a total bitch the vast majority of the time. That's why Kuronekofags are so asspained.

True intellectuals love Ayase, though.
>>
>>157070059
Ayase looks like a recolor of Kirino though, also she's a massive normie
>>
>>157068408
You're supposed to forgive the sister for being a massive cunt all the time because it's Kyousuke's fault for becoming a more boring person. Amazing story, isn't it?
>>
Sibling love is the purest form of love

No matter how hard you fight, you always come together

How can stranger love even compete?
>>
File: es2g.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
es2g.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>157070151
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>157070209
>Kyousuke's fault for becoming a more boring person

for becoming a total failure at life*

Kirino admired his brother, and his brother was a total failure (no extra-curricular activities, no sports, no job, no good grades)

Meanwhile Kirino was perfect (great grades, job, friends)

It's only natural that Kirino "hated" him. Such a perfect girl wouldn't even be interested in him were not they siblings.

Kyousuke's election is only natural. He knows he's punching insanely above his weight with Kirino... the other girls are meh tier comparatively

>b-b-but they are nice to him!
No shit, they have no other qualities going on. They have no option but being nice.
>>
>>157070209
it kinda makes me want to saw my own head off.
>>
>>157068653
What kind of suggestions are you looking for? What type of shows are you into?
>>
>>157070344
honestly I'll give anything a try, maybe something to dull this crippling loneliness I've been feeling lately.
>>
>>157068653
>why do they gravitate around her

Because she's
>attractive
>successful
>energetic
>smart
>bossy

Kyousuke:
>average looking
>failure
>lazy
>dull
>meek
So of course he admires his sister.

Kuroneko:
>average looking (enhances it with cosplay)
>poor
>hard-working
>dunning–kruger effect
>meek
So of course she gets attached to the one person who shares her hobby that isn't a total loser.

As per Ayase, Kirino doesn't treat her badly. It's a normal friendship.
>>
>>157070299
Why does it matter if he´'s a "total failure"? And when did having no extra-curricular activities, no sports, no job, no good grades as a 15-17 year old qualifies someone as a total failure? His real life hasn't even started yet.
>>
>>157068408
Did you somehow missed the whole "I been in a cold war with my sister for years already"? They are not only strangers at this point but they are in a very bad terms if you haven't noticed, Kyousuke is looking for answers and is taking this chance to find them, if you had the chance to fix something so crucial, would just ignore it and live with it? Kyousuke is doing his best to understand and fix this situation, of course Kirino is doing the same but you don't realize this till later in the series.

>he has girls fawning for him left and right but he decides to do the most ass backwards things to cover for his sisters fairly extreme eroge obsession
I'm confused about something, you said you are just watching Oreimo, yet you mention something exclusively of the second season. In any case, do you even know what to fall in love is? Well, Kyousuke doesn't feel this way towards any of the girls, simple as that, while the series focus on how the relationship of the siblings develop throughout the series what the hell are you complaining for?

>I don't post here often
>suggestions
Now that we cover the main themes, let's move onto the next subject, kill yourself.
>>
>>157070495
Real life starts when you are 0.

With those grades, and that lack of work ethic, it seems pretty obvious to Kirino that his beloved brother that she once admired is going absolutely nowhere in life.
>>
>>157068408
>can anyone explain why Kirino shouldn't be thrown into a meat grinder?
There is no explanation. She's just a shitty character in a shitty series. Anyone who actually likes her is either a betacuck or a creepy incestfag.
>>
>>157070464
I'd seriously suggest to put anime on hold and work on yourself first, but /a/ may not agree.
>>
>>157070539
You need to be over 18 to post here.
>>
Light Novel fags pretend the anime made a bad job at making their intentions and grievances clear enough. And while that is true, the real backstory behind Kirino, Kyosuke and Manami is complete trash and makes Kirino look like an even bigger bitch.
>>
>>157070594
How will you get admitted to a good university when you are 18 if your grades are abysmal at 15-16 and you haven't even developed any work ethic yet, dumb shit? She knew full well that her brother was in a path toward failure, either chronic unemployment or a low-end job.
>>
>>157070673
I had mediocre grades and am currently a 26yo software engineer making over 90k yearly. Besides, Japan's college culture is basically non-existence, they don't really put much weight into that. In fact, in Japan you are expected to learn on the job.
>>
>>157070506
>yet you mention something exclusively of the second season

I was referring to the times she got caught out with her parents and friends and Kyosuke takes the blame upon himself instead of letting his "perfect" sister get what she deserves for acting the way she does.
he is having a good time with a girl then runs off to go do some dumb bullshit for his turd of a sister because she either put herself in a shitty situation or is demanding something of him.

>kill yourself.
don't be a gaping butthole.

>>157070584
I'm doing that too but that will take much longer than watching some anime.

>>157070883
>Japan's college culture is basically non-existence
dont they pretty much train kids once they hit middleschool to get grades good enough for the specific universities they want to go to or am I getting anime tropes mixed in with my real world knowledge?
>>
>>157070883
different anon, but curious about cs.

did you graduate when you were 22? graduating gpa? how long have you been at your current job?
>>
>>157070883
You are the exception, not the rule. There are studies about it. Highschool performance is 0.88 correlated with college performance and 0.79 correlated with later income in life. So congratulations on being the 0.12 bar 0.21

Kirino's right in being worried. It's an alarming situation even if not terminal. She doesn't have a way to know if it's just a phase and he will get his shit together, or if the brother that she admired is just like that nature-wise.

>Japan's college culture is basically non-existence
>there aren't many anime about it
>so it must be non-existent
>>
>>157070979
>dont they pretty much train kids once they hit middleschool to get grades good enough for the specific universities they want to go to or am I getting anime tropes mixed in with my real world knowledge?

That happens but if you decide to not go to Uni and instead work straight away that's good too, it's not taboo like it is in the US. May be retarded examples but the girls at New Game didn't go to college and I believe the Shirobako girls as well.
>>
>>157070643
>Hey Kyousuke, you don't have to try so hard. You're just hurting yourself. Take it easy man, life isn't going anywhere
>Hey man, fucking your blood-related sister is probably not a good idea

What the fuck why is Manami such a bitch?!
>>
File: 10.jpg (161KB, 605x489px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
161KB, 605x489px
>>157068408
As long as the guy fucks his sister, the plot could be about drowning orphans at Disneyland while Hitler has sex with Bernie Sanders and incestfags would still push it as the greatest artistic undertaking since The Creation of Adam.
>>
Reminder that a new novel is coming out based on Ayase's route in the psp game. Best girl finally wins.
>>
>>157070209
>>157070299
What is even this or what does it even means?
Kirino was pissed for Kyousuke "betrayal" and new attitude for life destroying all her illusions(that were just that, illusions), a 10 year old girl feeling this impotence and confusion, it was only natural how this whirlpool of emotions developed in "hate". Kirino becomes "perfect" due to her efforts to become just like her idol, that later on becomes just her chasing the shadow of his former brother and looking to fill the void that was left in her heart. Is just basic human emotions being developed at an amazing and just a little complicated pace.

>>157070495
First, yeah, it is a total failure, even more in Japan, so not sure what are you even talking about, secondly, is more about his attitude than anything else.
>>
>>157068408
He can't help it, he is a massive siscon.
>>
>>157070979
It seems like maybe a lighthearted show might help. I'm watching New Game! right now, and it's pretty cute and very easy to digest, relaxing but also a bit motivating. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>157071217
Yandere Ayase route when?
>>
>>157070997
I'm a college dropout (design and animation), started as a web developer at 21 and learned about networking, software development and analizis while on the job and before I knew it my job description said 'software engineer'. Though, I have to admit, connections do helped, a friend of my mom hired me for the web development job first.
>>
>>157069964
This
>>
>>157071119
because she wanted his dick

>>157071156
I've just hit season 2 and it doesnt even look close to dickings.

>>157071259
Thank's friend, I'll give it a try.
the feeling of loneliness came up because I had a dream I went on a road trip with a girlfriend and I was genuinely happy,
then woke up and realised that everything about the dream was untrue
>>
The fact that Kirino used to idolize a what? 12 year old boy? Then turns into a total bitch just because that boy grew up and isn't the hyperactive little shit that he was before, is completely retarded. And no, even without Manami's involvement, I doubt Kyousuke would still act the same as his 12 year old self. I mean come on, the reasoning behind this whole backstory is idiotic.
>>
>>157070979
>his "perfect" sister get what she deserves for acting the way she does.
What? Why does she deserved to get her hobby be ruined by an arbitrary rule made by his father? Kirino did nothing but please her dad to be able to enjoy it and he just want to take it away, and she "deserves it"? And why Kyousuke would just sit and let this injustice happen? That's not how Kyousuke is and is the first instance where "Super Kyousuke" cames into play to fix the situation. And the situation with Ayase was an accident that Kirino didn't know how to deal with and Kyousuke again did his part to help.
>he is having a good time with a girl then runs off to go do some dumb bullshit for his turd of a sister because she either put herself in a shitty situation or is demanding something of him.
What? Is like you are just talking giberrish, what?

>don't be a gaping butthole.
The second you said "suggestions was enough to get you banned, yet I won't report you cause this is more funny.
>>
>>157071566
No man, you don't understand. Manami is an evil mastermind for hypnotizing Kyousuke into slowing down and living life at a leisurely pace. Damn that genius manipulator! Can you believe that psycho bitch even suggested that blood-related family members don't typically fuck each other?
>>
>>157071119
Because her real intentions were to keep Kyousuke for herself? She even say so in the final part while venting out her repressed feelings with Kirino, but karma's a bitch and everything she worked for failed.

>>157070643
Why? The whole story was about Kyousuke and Kirino regaining their lost trust and dealing with what happened back then, once the trust was restored they talked things out with all the parts involved(Manami,Kirino,Kyousuke) and reached a conclusion after having the big picture of what happened back then making everyone understand why everyone acted the way they did. The only thing left in mystery was Manami true intentions, which were already foreshadowed throughout the series and dealt with afterwards in the last volume.
>>
>>157071594
>arbitrary rule made by his father?
yes it was good of Kyosuke to convince his dad to let her keep her hobby but to claim the eroge are his and get punched in the face by his dad when Kirino had only been bitchy and rude to him.
also the time where he took the box from her and she violently attacks him when obviously something is up, which is pretty shitty of her especially since she snatched the box off of him in the first place.

>What? Is like you are just talking giberrish, what?
the point I was trying to make is that 90% of the time Kyosuke is doing his own thing maybe hanging out with Manami and he goes and bends over backwards for his sister that never really appreciates him.

>suggestions was enough to get you banned
what rule states that? it wasn't even part of my initial post and I'm not trying to incite an argument or shitposting, I don't really understand what you're getting at with that.
>>
>>157072040
at what point should I read this backstory so I dont spoil myself on the ending to the anime?
>>
>>157071356
I used to feel like that, but slowly I managed to accept and love my loneliness. I am happy being by myself, and am ready to live the rest of my life as such. I get that it's not for everyone, but perhaps after some thought you too can accept your loneliess, as something not sad, but as self-fulfilling.
>>
>>157072183
well I was ok with being alone before but the dream really did a number on me.
but lets not get too far off topic.
>>
>>157071566
>>157071635
>The fact that Kirino used to idolize a what? 12 year old boy?
Yes?
>Then turns into a total bitch just because that boy grew up and isn't the hyperactive little shit that he was before
Are you just spurting words without think for some reason? Kyousuke not just stopped doing what he liked and became a slob from one day to the other, he stopped giving a shit about everything, including Kirino, it's called abandonment and does affect people(and if I'm not wrong the same Kirino narrates how did she felt to be left alone since she couldn't talk about it with anyone thanks to Manami speech), but it might be that you are not people.
>And no, even without Manami's involvement, I doubt Kyousuke would still act the same as his 12 year old self. I mean come on, the reasoning behind this whole backstory is idiotic.
I have the feeling that your knowledgement of this series comes from just memes and threads, because I doubt you are really this stupid. Manami involvement was to save Kyousuke, something Kirino thanks later because without To begin with, without Manami involvement, Kyousuke would have either killed himself or become a total hikineet. And yeah, without the accident Kyousuke would have remained the same, there is even a special chapter about an if story where the accident never happened and Kyousuke and Kirino remained the same good siblings they were before.
>>
>>157072511
You're trying too hard to defend a shitty series, but I still admire the fact that you managed to learn English as your fourth language. That's a much better command over languages than I have.
>>
>>157072511
Manami involvement was to save Kyousuke, something Kirino even thanks later. To begin with*
>>
File: lt.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lt.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>157072511
>Kyousuke would have either killed himself or become a total hikineet.
Hope you're not serious.
>>
>>157072660
But i'm not defending anything, I'm just making sense out of someone just screaming "shit shit shit". Everything I said is inside the series for anyone that paid a little of attention.
>>
>>157072676
He had the worst day of his life, he literally lost everything, his friends, the girl, the most important person for him, everything in just a single day and blame himself for it, that's more than enough I said, at least to never leave your room ever again.
>>
Why are Kirinofags always retarded
>>
I feel like the whole plot and backstory is too overblown out of proportions. Kyosuke hurting a girl and losing his friends for a day or two won't lead him to a spiral of depresion and suicidal thoughts, most kids do stupid things and they don't spend their whole life moping around like some people suggest here. Manami telling Kirino to not fuck his brother is not unreasonable, though telling Kyosuke to not aspire to anything was a bit out of place, but since Kyosuke and every other character in this series seems to not posses any sort of agency and coherent thought process, I guess being manipulated by a fucking kid is not out of the question.

The whole plot of the show would not have happened if the characters weren't poorly developed and the writing wasn't so awful, aside from that, yeah it all makes sense in OreImo.
>>
>>157072043
Kyosuke being recklessly is part of his character and he can't help but help others, at
that moment it had more to do with himself than anything else, and it was just the first instance of many others.
Don't quite remember the box incident but wasn't Kirino unaware of the contents of the box? By her eyes Kyousuke was just trying to screw with her in a point she had 0 trust or even below towards him.

>the point I was trying to make is that 90% of the time Kyosuke is doing his own thing maybe hanging out with Manami and he goes and bends over backwards for his sister that never really appreciates him.
Well my memory is starting to fail cause I have no freaking clue of what you are talking about, do you know there is something called jump scenes, is not like we get to see them going to the bathroom or going to school or anything else, everything will always jump to Kyousuke and Kirino.
>>
>>157073265
It was more than just a bad day buddy, also I just made an assumption when talked about suicide but it would definitely change a kid forever for the worse.
>Manami telling Kirino to not fuck his brother is not unreasonable
Except that she never said that? She said that a sister caring so much for his brother was creepy and disgusting to a normal kid with normal feelings toward her brother, and being manipulated in your bleakest moment is really easy.
>>
Lots of armchair child psychologists in this thread for such a shitty series that was only made for pandering purposes.
>>
>>157073145
Most diehard Oreimo fans that are left are those that read the LN. I've never watched the anime.
>>
File: oreobowl.png (398KB, 559x602px) Image search: [Google]
oreobowl.png
398KB, 559x602px
Oreimo was fun to watch with /a/ and see the outrage, fun threads and a lot of tears and memes made the ride very entertaining. But don't expect a good anime.
>>
>>157073994
The fact that it can trigger this kind of high-level discussion is more testament to the greatness of Oreimo
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.